HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Help! I'm driving myself nuts!

<< < (2/2)

Ann:
boeing,

Just to add to the excellent advice you've already received, I like to reccomend to people that they should be having complete sexual health care check-ups at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs. As long as you use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to come back with negative results. Don't forget to get screened for all the other STIs as well, because they're all much more easily transmitted than hiv. Regular testing is the adult, responsible thing to do when you're sexually active.

If you aren't already having routine checks, now is the time to start. As long as you always make sure condoms are being used, you can fully expect your hiv test to return with negative results.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

boeing767:
Thanks Anne, and to all the rest of you who answered. I think I've come to terms with the fact that giving a bj is very low risk for hiv, even if I had the cut/scab on my lip. i will always be careful no matter what, and i'll make sure to get regular check-ups. I think I can let this go now and stop worrying while always remaining safe. :)

Ann:
Boeing,

Glad we could help.

When you have those regular check-ups, if giving blowjobs is your thing, make sure you are getting your throat swabbed as well. While hiv transmission isn't a big concern orally, things like gonorrhea and syphilis can be.

Keep using condoms and you will avoid hiv infection.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version