Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Boyfriend is HIV+

<< < (2/6) > >>

puertorico2006:
Izprince as usual your advice is HORRIBLE but anyways i guess you have you your 1st ammendment rights....

JML2230...Your boyfriend told you about his HIV status before having "intercourse" therefore he did not put you in any risk at all, probably because he cares about you....He probably did not tell you right away because he wanted you to get to know him a bit better so you could know the real him and not judge him because he has a disease....HIV is a serious disease but if HIV+ people take care of themselves by taking their medicines as directed we can live normal, happy, HEALTHY lives...You can have a normal relationship, sex and all so long as you do it protected. Im sure it will take time for you and him both to feel comfortable about it but thats what condoms are for. I suggest you read the "lessons" section so you can learn a bit more about HIV. Once youve been educated enough you will learn its not something you have to fear because if you protect yourself you wont catch it....

there are many people on this site that are HIV+ and have an HIV- partner.....

Anyways hope you are able to make the choice that will make you happy in the end....but dont think he "lied" to you because its difficult for us to tell people we are positive....The fear of rejection is very scary because its something we cannot change....

izprince1984:

--- Quote from: puertorico2006 on April 26, 2007, 10:39:46 PM ---Izprince as usual your advice is HORRIBLE but anyways i guess you have you your 1st ammendment rights....

JML2230...Your boyfriend told you about his HIV status before having "intercourse" therefore he did not put you in any risk at all, probably because he cares about you....He probably did not tell you right away because he wanted you to get to know him a bit better so you could know the real him and not judge him because he has a disease....HIV is a serious disease but if HIV+ people take care of themselves by taking their medicines as directed we can live normal, happy, HEALTHY lives...You can have a normal relationship, sex and all so long as you do it protected. Im sure it will take time for you and him both to feel comfortable about it but thats what condoms are for. I suggest you read the "lessons" section so you can learn a bit more about HIV. Once youve been educated enough you will learn its not something you have to fear because if you protect yourself you wont catch it....

there are many people on this site that are HIV+ and have an HIV- partner.....

Anyways hope you are able to make the choice that will make you happy in the end....but dont think he "lied" to you because its difficult for us to tell people we are positive....The fear of rejection is very scary because its something we cannot change....

--- End quote ---

He probably didn't say anything til now due to fear of rejection, and this next bit is pure speculation, but he probably didn't plan to say anything except that his conscience wouldn't stop nagging him.

Anyway, it's not something you can change, but it is something that could have easily been avoided, so he's not this innocent little lamb in the proverbial field of wolves.

puertorico2006:

--- Quote from: izprince1984 on April 26, 2007, 10:33:22 PM ---Yeah, cause I know I intentionally go out and trick people into developing feelings for me so I can tell them six months later.

--- End quote ---

They have not had sex!!!!!! whats the problem with getting to know someone before you disclose your deepest darkest secrets.....

You dont just meet someone and tell them your life story right away...its a process of getting to know soemeone....

Many times if you tell people right away they will dismiss you without even bothering to get to know you....If you tell them later then they think "wow this is a good guy" maybe i can deal with this...its not "tricking" people ...

puertorico2006:

--- Quote from: izprince1984 on April 26, 2007, 10:41:16 PM ---He probably didn't say anything til now due to fear of rejection, and this next bit is pure speculation, but he probably didn't plan to say anything except that his conscience wouldn't stop nagging him.

--- End quote ---

Well if it was fear of rejection then he might not have ever said anything.....but he did and before any dangerous sex occured....and yes im sure his conscience was nagging him that it was the "right" time to disclose and he did....speculation or not at least he has a conscience unlike some people i know!

izprince1984:

--- Quote from: puertorico2006 on April 26, 2007, 10:42:20 PM ---They have not had sex!!!!!! whats the problem with getting to know someone before you disclose your deepest darkest secrets.....

You dont just meet someone and tell them your life story right away...its a process of getting to know soemeone....

Many times if you tell people right away they will dismiss you without even bothering to get to know you....If you tell them later then they think "wow this is a good guy" maybe i can deal with this...its not "tricking" people ...

--- End quote ---

There's a guy I've been seeing, but before we even met, I told him.

I think that not telling someone because of fear of rejection is cowardly and selfish, making them have feelings for you and manipulating them, before you finally say something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version