Main Forums > Living With HIV

What is the biggest personal challenge you face regarding your hiv status?

<< < (2/32) > >>

jimw:
Whether or not to tell my parents.  I come up with a million reasons not to tell them, but I want to, I want them to know, but I don't want them to worry about me (reason #1).  My mom's best friend's son died back in the beginning of the epidemic from AIDS (PCP) and I remember how much that upset her and I am afraid that she will think that my fate is the same as Steven's.  J. 

puertorico2006:
Lipo scares me too....Im not on meds but I know the day will come...

that and social rejection......

but honestly so far my fears have "not come true" because i havent been rejected so i guess im lucky  ;D

I havent had any health issues to deal with yet thankfully but im sure if i did then i would be worried about other things...

Dan J.:

--- Quote from: jimw on April 26, 2007, 01:50:24 PM ---Whether or not to tell my parents.  I come up with a million reasons not to tell them, but I want to, I want them to know, but I don't want them to worry about me (reason #1).  My mom's best friend's son died back in the beginning of the epidemic from AIDS (PCP) and I remember how much that upset her and I am afraid that she will think that my fate is the same as Steven's.  J. 

--- End quote ---

Jim,

You will decided in your own time when you feel it is right to tell your parents.  I am pretty sure your  parents would be sad and worry about you if & when you do  tell them, but from what I can gather in your post I am even more sure that they would be there to support you the best way that they would know how to.  I wish you the best, and you will find plenty of support here when you do feel the time is right to tell your family.

Dan

jimw:

--- Quote from: Dan J. on April 26, 2007, 02:21:22 PM ---Jim,

You will decided in your own time when you feel it is right to tell your parents.  I am pretty sure your  parents would be sad and worry about you if & when you do  tell them, but from what I can gather in your post I am even more sure that they would be there to support you the best way that they would know how to.  I wish you the best, and you will find plenty of support here when you do feel the time is right to tell your family.

Dan

--- End quote ---

Dan, thanks.
I have been struggling with this for a while and picked up the phone a couple of times and called to tell them but ended up just talking about other things.  I just don't want them to find out some other way, as I am out to all my friends and some of my family, but they know my parents don't know.  thanks for the support, J

sdcabincrew74:
Utter exhaustion.  That is my biggest challenge.  Granted I feel 1,000 times better than I did just before going into the hospital with PCP.  But an afternoon nap is almost a constant in my life these days. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version