Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

Some Good News

(1/3) > >>

AlanBama:
I am happy to be able to post some good news I received today.   My cardiologist called me with the results of my tests from last Monday:  the nuclear stress test was normal, and my left ventricular ejection fraction is 55% (low range of normal).

This is another happy milestone along my "miracle journey".   I had bacterial endocarditis in 1995, and was diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure in 1997.
I have been on cardiac medication ever since.   Last summer, I began having some difficulty with ankle swelling and shortness of breath.  I had some difficulty getting around in Montreal, and my blood pressure was way too high.   My ejection fraction at that time was 35%.   We doubled my cardiac meds in the fall and I must say that Coreg has been a miracle drug for me. 

My cardiologist says I am no longer considered to be in 'heart failure', but I will of course continue with my same meds.  She believes my CHF was AIDS-related, and now that my virus has been controlled for such a long time, my heart, with the help of Coreg, has 'healed itself'.

I feel very fortunate indeed, and blessed that my tired old body can still fight back and hold its own.

Alan

aztecan:
Oh Alan, that is just fantastic!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I wish you were nearer, I would run right over and give you the biggest hug I could muster.

See, good things do happen to nice people.

I am just elated for you.

BIG HAPPY HUGS,

Mark

Robert:
Hey Mark...

How about if I swing by and pick you up and then we'll both march up to Alan's door and give him a huge hug for getting so much better and making  us feel better.

Oh Alan, such good news!!

Congratulations.

robert

Miss Philicia:
Great news Alan... that must feel like some relief.

Ann:
Oh Alan, I can't tell you how happy and relieved this news makes me! The Tinman got his heart! Aw heck, where are those heart emoticons when you really need them?

Your post brought tears of joy to my eyes, Alan. It's always in the back of my mind that that huge heart of yours gives - no, gave - you trouble. Today, however, I can do a happy dance!

Thank you so much for sharing this Alan. You've made my day/week/month. May your heart continue to beat strongly and love warmly.

Heartfelt hugs,
Ann
xxx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version