Main Forums > Positive Women

Lost sex drive

<< < (2/3) > >>

tigger2376:
Wow, have posted on this before on forums and got a lot of (good ) advice re poor self image because of HIV and relaxation techniques BUT this IS something that I've heard a lot of women say happens to them who are positive. I'm lucky, I've got a good doc who says it can be a drug side effect, particularly if you regime is making you put on weight too. my previously voracious sexual appetite has GONE...nothing, not a twitch. thank God my partners sympathetic, and we're having counselling together. I do think a lot of it is to do with the fact that this illness is (mostly) sexually transmitted....however you caught it, theres feelings of guilt,anger and self loathing, and i really do think we women take on guilt without realising it.
I'm assured it will come back, and doc has even suggested female viagara or hormone injections!(have you had your hormone levels checked by way?)
Perhaps a female doc would be more helpful, or is there a nurse you could talk to at your docs?
Whatever happens, your'e NORMAL, it happens to loads of us, try and relax, and not fret, I'm so with you on this one
Lots of Love
Jo
x

BT65:
Thanks Jo.  I need to have my hormones checked.  I'm going to ask my doctor for a referral to a gynecologist next time I see him. 
Peace-
Betty

IzPoz:

--- Quote from: tigger2376 on May 03, 2007, 08:08:45 PM ---I do think a lot of it is to do with the fact that this illness is (mostly) sexually transmitted....
--- End quote ---

Jo, you nailed it! This is how I felt for a LONG time. I got this disease from doing something I truly enjoy, SEX! And what's worse, I got it from the man I married and loved.

I literally went YEARS without a twinge, and for a good portion of that time, I wasn't on medications.  I felt horrible about my body from the medications I was taking previously. 

tigger2376:
Its oh such a relief to know I'm not alone in this by way. Its all very well for your doctor to say it happens to other people too, but needed to see it for myself!!! I even managed to be affectionate, physically, with my partner, in a small way for the first time in months.
Thanks, I might know the reason why I'm like this, but helps to share

BT65:
For me, it really doesn't have anything to do with the way I contracted HIV (even though it was through sex).  I'm just at that age where my hormones are all screwed up.  I have night sweats also; especially around "that time of the month."  And I know the sweats are not from the HIV.  Anyway, right now I am in the process of trying to find a permanent physician.  The one I've been seeing is leaving at the end of June.  When I do find one, I'm going to request a referral to a good gynecologist. 
      I'm glad I'm not alone in this. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version