HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Consumption of Blood

<< < (2/3) > >>

thunter34:
I would have been a third.  Well...now I am the third to tell you not to worry.

I wouldn't say "incorrect"- just "theoretical".  You could in theory be walking along and suddenly die from a meteor that has fallen from space directly onto your head.  It could happen.  But how much fear of that do you carry around with you in your day to day life?  I'll wager not much. 

Like Andy said, those statements about potential this and potential that with cuts and abrasions and blah, blah, blah are exactly that: statements of theoretical possibility.  Not a real world cause for concern.

Foundry590:
Much thanks! So you wouldn't recommend a blood test given my situation, either? Even with the bleeding canker?

I'm trying to compare this to your analogy of the meteor. Is it just so rare for HIV+ blood to touch an open sore that it's nothing that's ever been cause for concern? Or is it the size of the entry point that makes it something not worth worrying about?

ACinKC:
Yes, Even taking your canker sore into consideration this is still not something to worry about or test over.

As for the other pages and canker sores et al, theoretically they are possible transmission routes.  But in the real world it just doesnt happen that way.  So they are not "incorrect" but rather listing all possible entry points including the THEORETICAL ones.

Now before you venture into the "so it IS possible" realm of thinking.  Be aware that among the THEORETICAL possibilities are getting hit in the head by a meteor when you leave your house today, the sun exploding tomorrow, TIME TRAVEL, finding a winning lottery ticket worth 3 billion dollars in the trash, these are all theoretically possible.  But there is not one incident among them that has HAPPENED in real life.

And that is what we are saying to you.  HIV transmission does NOT happen the way you described IN REAL LIFE.

Do try and stop fretting needlessly over it.

Edited to add:  BLAST YOU THUNTER and your Meteor THEORY and your fast fingers!

ACinKC:

--- Quote from: Foundry590 on April 23, 2007, 12:36:47 PM ---Much thanks! So you wouldn't recommend a blood test given my situation, either? Even with the bleeding canker?

I'm trying to compare this to your analogy of the meteor. Is it just so rare for HIV+ blood to touch an open sore that it's nothing that's ever been cause for concern? Or is it the size of the entry point that makes it something not worth worrying about?

--- End quote ---

It is because of MANY factors.  Some of them are, the saliva in your mouth breaks down the virus, the virus is EXTREMELY fragile and difficult to transmit ANYWAY, the exposure of the virus to the air as well as the "condiments" and any adverse reactions those would have on it, the amount of virus present in what you ate, the amount of viable virus (after several seconds/minutes of exposure to DOZENS of substances that break it down) in contact with not only your canker sore but the specific receptors needed to ensure transmission..... I mean we are talking a 1 in 600 Bazillion or greater type chance going on here.

In the real world of HIV transmission it does NOT happen this way.

Edited to change Billion to Bazillion to emphasize my meaning.

milker:
Remember, bleeding is going OUT of your body, not sucking the virus IN. So blood then gets in contact with billions of molecules from saliva to gut that will destroy everything that shouldn't be there. Anal intercourse provides an easier way in because of the fluids that are pushed INTO the anal sore with no specific molecules around to kill what shouldn't be there.

Milker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version