Quantcast
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2016, 10:07:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 694471
  • Total Topics: 54804
  • Online Today: 227
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 166
Total: 171

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ pages, including our "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Very inexperienced and very worried  (Read 844 times)

Offline murrayrich975

• Standard
Very inexperienced and very worried
« on: February 20, 2016, 02:00:46 PM »
Hello and thank you, I am a healthy male and as a virgin am so very inexperienced in sexual matters and am now worried over a possible HIV risk with a lady where I had had a few drinks and do not remember each and every physical sensation clearly, although the events I explain below are very clear in my mind and I am confident they are accurate.

I am circumcised and, in the back seat of my vehicle, I was sitting with my pants down, no condom on and she was kneeling to the left of me, facing to my right and sucking on my erect penis while I fingered her with my left hand.  Then, while I was just relaxing and with my eyes closed, she quickly swung herself over so that she was suddenly astride my lap and before I knew it she had lowered herself in one fast movement without any effort to guide my penis into her and, for just a couple of seconds (that's truly all it was), I felt a short moment of pleasurable contact (with something) at the tip of my penis but, since I was so startled and didn't have the presence of mind to even look down there, I simply quickly disengaged and I really don't have any idea what the exact nature of the contact was--I don't know if I felt moisture during those two seconds or if it was just the pleasurable pressure of her external genital-area contact with the tip of my penis as she pressed into me or whether I was actually farther in to her and could have had what you consider to be some form of risky 'penetration'.  What I do know that kind of comforts me is that it happened in the space of two seconds flat and there was absolutely no awareness on my part of any anatomical 'barrier' or resistance from her that I would think would occur when the tip of the penis first meets the vaginal hole area.  Is that correct?  I don't know enough about what it feels like to be able to have an opinion about possible penetration much more than that, sorry.  I've read your expert replies to others and you have often said, If there was actual penetration, you'd know it...but I don't have much to compare it to, unless it would be so obvious in this case that even I would get it.

Because I am so unfamiliar with the sensations or the mechanics of sexual contact in terms of what I'd encounter at the moment my penis first met the vaginal hole and especially, whether it's actually possible for a lady who moves downward in one swift and uninterrupted motion from that position above my lap to manage to get a penis exactly into her vagina within a couple of seconds even if she's very wet, my questions are...

1.  Is it possible, in the space of just two seconds and from the position she was first in (kneeling to the left of me, facing to the right while sucking me), that the lady could have swung herself over me and then down onto my penis in such a seamless and fluid way that, if she was aroused and wet, my penis could have somehow achieved unobstructed 'risky' penetration without me noticing any kind of an anatomical barrier in her and with me noticing only something coming into contact with the tip of my penis?  Could a wet vagina accept an penis's actual 'penetration' that fast and that effortlessly and seamlessly ie without any pauses at all by the lady as she very quickly dropped herself down onto my lap?  There really was not even a single moment of pause in her fluid movement as she moved to straddle me and not a hitch in her actions, not a single pause in her downward movement and my penis's tip felt only that one slight bit of contact and the sensation from that contact did not change in any way from the beginning of the contact to the end, I felt contact and I disengaged and that was that. 

That is, at no time was there any interruption of her fast and fluid movements and there was no sense by me during our contact of my penis contacting any sort of barrier or obstruction that I would have thought would happen at the moment it contacted the vaginal opening. 

2. So (and I know I'm kind of repeating myself here but it seems to be how my brain is acting in this stressful moment after the fact, sorry for that), from the point of view of anatomy and the range of pleasure sensations I'd expect to feel (if there had been actual penetration) from that vague initial contact to the intensely pleasurable "snugness" and barrier of the vaginal hole, could my penis so quickly have found its way to a truly risky sort of penetration without me feeling any constriction or barrier there whatsoever, and could my penis have entered her vagina that fast during her quick movement without so much as a hitch in her movements or any sort of pause of any kind in her fluid motion or sign of the slightest discomfort?

Well, I reread it and it's not very compact but it's how I'm thinking and it is what I'd like to say so thank you for taking your time to help with this.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 02:07:45 PM by murrayrich975 »

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • Twitter - Yup i have twitter.
Re: Very inexperienced and very worried
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2016, 02:44:18 PM »
Hi

So I read you post 4 times.
to guide my penis into her and, for just a couple of seconds (that's truly all it was),

In essence the above is the only activity in your post that i consider a possible risk at all and only because it was unprotected.

As you are unsure if you did or did not penetrate, I am for the sake of this risk assessment going to presume you did. This was your only risk and as you were the insertive partner it would be less risk than being the receiving partner.

However that said unprotected dipping so to speak is still a risk and so testing would be advisable. Guidelines are to test at 6 weeks past any incident and then at 13 weeks to confirm the result. You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for all (STI's) sexually transmitted infections together.

If you are sexually active, it is highly recommended that you get a full sexual health check-up / screening at least annually including but not limited to hiv testing.

Remember that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's. So please do get fully tested regularly for all STI's including HIV and more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs. Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Finally use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, to avoid sexually trasmitted hiv infection.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline murrayrich975

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2016, 02:51:57 PM »
Jim, I need to clarify something and that is that if there was any penetration at all, it was only the very tiniest bit, ie it could not have been more than a centimeter of the tip of the penis, absolutely nothing more and it's my understanding that this clearly would be considered dipping.

In terms of your answer are you thus saying that in the course of two seconds, a penis could go from being outside the vagina to actual penetration in one fluid, uninterrupted of the movement, without anyone guiding it in with a hand...and without me noticing any difference whatsoever in the nature of the sensation from the time of initial contact to the time it was all over two seconds later?  That's all possible?

Also, I note that some of the other moderators here have said that dipping (especially the very slightest bit as I have clarified) is not a testing situation and especially in the case of this male insertive situation that it simply is to avoided because it could lead to actual intercourse.  I'm sure I have seen that said here several times, even if the dipping is beyond the slight point in my situation.

Have you ever heard of anyone catching HIV in this type of extremely brief ' dipping ' situation or as the result of this one-time sort of slight dipping?

Would it be all right if I asked also Ann or Andy if they would please comment on my question as well?  Thank you
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:08:19 PM by murrayrich975 »

Offline JimDublin

• Administrator
    • Twitter - Yup i have twitter.
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 03:05:55 PM »
Hi

Anything is possible. Without getting too personal it takes me less time on a good day. Also since I can only go by what you post I tend to stick to the safe side. 

I do not comment on other peoples threads or risk assessments and have told you the same that it's less risk as the insertive partner. Dipping as the insertive partner is indeed a lower risk, but it's still a risk. I combined that fact with that despite the long post you're not even sure what happened. = Testing would be advisable.

Jim

NOTE:
I have removed you 3rd post for you so that you have 1 free post left as a final reply if anything is added from the others.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 03:26:16 PM by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 04:28:06 PM »
Andy may chime in, Ann is no longer active. We have always maintained that dipping is a risk for HIV … frottage and rubbing is not. You stated that you may have dipped in so we advise that you get tested as a precaution. Dipping rarely results in the transmission of HIV for the insertive partner.

We do not consider how many centimeters of penis constitutes a risk so out of caution we advise testing if you say you dipped. We cant be any more clear … if you dipped then go test, if you didn’t dip it was not a risk. Jim gave you a through and proper assessment and I stand by what he said … you can trust the advice you were given.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 04:46:42 PM »
Does this profile look familiar ? http://forums.poz.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5451

Any thing to add before I ban you ?
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2016 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.