HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

3Month Result

(1/3) > >>

worried_guy:
Hello All,

Thanks for the support and for maintaining this site

I had an exposure of unprotected sex with a lady on Jan 20.
i assume that she is positive (70% sure)

i had used a condom and it tore, and i never noticed it. i discharged inside her.

i had done testing at 9th, 11th and after 3 months (1 day less).
all result came back negative.

the test done was ELFA antibody for HIV 1 & 2 with P24 Antigens.

i am from India.

My question is:
1. how reliable is this test.
2. i have been reading about window period being 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and even 1 year.
so exactly what shall i do now.
3. Shall i stop further testing and be home free.
4. assessing my risk, what would you guys suggest.
Am i really negative, do i need to test again, and if so when.

thanks a lot for the comments

Ann:
worried,

You are hiv negative and you do not need further testing. Three months is conclusive.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do not need further testing over this incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Make sure you read the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can avoid having one break on you  in future. A correctly  used condom rarely breaks.

Ann

worried_guy:
ann, thanks for the reply.

so you think i dont need to test ever again over this incident.
are the tests taken by me are good enough and up to date.
please confirm.

well, this was my first exposure, and i will make sure that i will never make such a mistake again.

i will do the STD Panel tests next month for sure, so that i can relax a bit.

So do you say, i can completely relax now, assessing my risk, that she is positive.

thanks for the comments

Ann:
worried,

Yes, you can relax. Re-read my first reply to you - my answers are not going to change. You do not need further testing over this incident.

Ann

worried_guy:
thanks ann,

so even though she is positive, you say that i dont need to test further after 3 months result.

great, so i can relax

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version