POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 08:08:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632486
  • Total Topics: 47901
  • Online Today: 262
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: t4 count 515  (Read 1484 times)

Offline peterhelms

t4 count 515
« on: February 23, 2007, 05:51:40 AM »
as some of yu may know, my boyfriend is hiv positive, yesterday we got the results of his ct4 count and rigth now he has 515, last october he had 694 and a viral load of 43.000. For awhile i thought he could be a non progressor, but my question is, since his t3 cout keeps going down, that wont be the case, or he can still be a non progressor as long as his t4 count doesnt go below 250?. 2) CAN THE T CELL COUNT GO BACK UP?
My third question is how many people get fat loss(what pocentage) of the people that take the meds? 4) if his t cell count went down 180 in 6 months , am i right to assume it will hit 200 in a year?
we are going to see hiss doctor in aa few days but i would appreciate if you guys could answer my questions

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
Re: t4 count 515
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 06:14:04 AM »
as some of yu may know, my boyfriend is hiv positive, yesterday we got the results of his ct4 count and rigth now he has 515, last october he had 694 and a viral load of 43.000. For awhile i thought he could be a non progressor, but my question is, since his t3 cout keeps going down, that wont be the case, or he can still be a non progressor as long as his t4 count doesnt go below 250?. 2) CAN THE T CELL COUNT GO BACK UP?
My third question is how many people get fat loss(what pocentage) of the people that take the meds? 4) if his t cell count went down 180 in 6 months , am i right to assume it will hit 200 in a year?
we are going to see hiss doctor in aa few days but i would appreciate if you guys could answer my questions

Hi.  You may have to rely on others who will know the original details to answer some of your questions.  1) I don't know when he may have been infected; 2) I assume by non-progressor, you mean also that he was hoping to not have to go on meds? 3) The current pattern suggests that his immune system is fighting his infection.  Where the cd4's will end up is anyone's guess. 4) If he were to go on meds, they should go back up.  If his immune system succeeds, they might also go back up.  That's what it's critical to keep a regular eye on things through lab work. 5) Just because they have dropped as they have so far does not mean that they will continue to drop at this current rate.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline peterhelms

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 07:09:13 AM »
he got infecte in march 05, he is not taking medication yet( the doctor said when his tcell count goes under 250 or 200 he will start)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 09:08:39 AM »
Hi Peter,

How about IF his t cells go below 250 rather than WHEN....

T cells can fluctuate (and significantly) for all kinds of reasons. Good nutrition, reducing stress and other efforts can make a real difference in maintaining them at a healthy level.
That requires a concerted effort to make that happen.

Is his doctor helpful with maintaining that kind of regimen and in general proactive? That's an important part of the partnership that's necessary to stay healthy.

Just asking.....

Cheers,   

Andy Velez

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 56 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »
Hey Peter,

A person's CD4s can yo-yo like crazy. Mine went up and down, sometimes by the hundreds, for quite a qhile before I started meds.

So, there is really no way to put a time frame on your boyfriend's progression.

Also, keep in mind one or two sets of labs does not a pattern make. You need at least three and even then, four or more is even better.

That way you can look at the results, or graph them using the nifty graph my labs tool here, and you can clearly see if there is a pattern.

Keep in mind the CD4s are only half the equation. How is his viral load doing?

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline peterhelms

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 02:57:04 PM »
you guys are so sweet, everyone is very caring here and i love it, thanlks guys, his viral load was 43.000 last october, we dont know the current viral load because the lab sends the viral load results straight to his doctor, as i said before we do know the current ct4 count which is 515...I knew the viral load could go up and down but i didnt know the ct4 count could do that as well.

Offline peterhelms

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 07:39:50 PM »
hello again everyone, i ave a new question, some of you know my boyfriend is positive and im negative , and once the condom broke but thankfully, i didnt get infected, during that period i took combivir, but today i heard that you should take other medicatiobs besides combivir for PEP, is that true?' and if it is what are the drugs one should take in case of an accident like this?

Offline Central79

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »
I think it depends on where you are. The original studies on PEP were done on monkeys infected with SIV and they used AZT to see if it prevented infection. As far as I know, that's the only scientific basis PEP has.

So some places you will get AZT, or an AZT-containing combination. Other places you will get a proper HAART regemin for 28 days (non-nuke or PI plus two nukes). Other places you get fuck all.

M.
Diagnosed January 2006
26/1/06 - 860 (22%), VL > 500,000
24/4/06 - 820 (24.6%), VL 158,000
13/7/06 - 840 (22%), VL 268,000
1/11/06 - 680 (21%), VL 93,100
29/1/07 - 1,020 (27.5%), VL 46,500
15/5/07 - 1,140 (22.8%), VL not done.
13/10/07 - 759 (23.2%), VL 170,000
6/11/07 - 630 (25%), VL 19,324
14/1/08 - 650 (21%), VL 16,192
15/4/08 - 590 (21%), VL 40, 832

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.