POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 07:56:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 22215
  • Latest: chuff
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620285
  • Total Topics: 46733
  • Online Today: 254
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: not dying anyway  (Read 392 times)

Offline em

not dying anyway
« on: April 07, 2014, 02:27:50 AM »
When my mom passed away they had put her on a morphine drip: as nice as it sounds it was not pretty, she had a brain tumor and it had spread. Could write a chapter or two about that.

watching Dallas buyers club remind me of my moms passing when they mentioned the morphine  drip.

both had reminded me of my time spent almost dying

remembering all the time spent in the hospital with AIDS and not dying? I could have been placed on a morphine drip and left to pass quietly. In stead I lived now the rest of my life has passed me buy. the great job all the money the friends. 

everything else in my life almost dying too? Seems like the rest of my life did die sometimes,

I am on disability I have some security. Even though now I am fat and  old HIV+.  a bunch of other useless terms of degradation not worth mentioning without depressing me into madness ? 

atleast I have you to read  this and both of us can know there is life and hope love and laughter yet to be had

thank you

EM

Offline weasel

Re: not dying anyway
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 09:15:06 AM »
You are alive ! That is a very good thing  :)
    Dear  EM  ,
                         I'm sorry your Mom passed that way ; I lost my older bother
    at the age of 52 with brain cancer , he was lucky , never had any pain .
     Three years ago I was the attendant to my brother - in - law , It was a
    morphine drip situation , It drained me to watch him die . after a lengthily
    illness  with cancer of the everything , it took 6 weeks to pass on  :(

I dream of the good old days ; working like a slave , having anything we
    wanted , no money problems  . Skinny  :D     Full of life , Now I am gaining
    weight like a Hippopotamus  ???

I have my wonderful husband of over thirty years  ; thank GOD , I would go
     insane with out him .    Life is not as much fun as those younger years  , but
     still having some good times .

Looking at today , I see it will be a great day !   I am building a kitchen for
      my sister's Hurricane Sandy Beach House  . It may very well kill me  ::)
      I was not thinking of my physical strength when I decided to drive to
      Connecticut and spend a Month building and finishing a Kitchen , but it is a
     mood lifter  to know I am making something my sister will love . Plus a
     break from my daily grind .     

I'm not fond of being older , but it is OK   . Old is the new young  :o

Glad to hear from you ,  Carl  :-*
" Live and let Live "

Offline wolfter

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 01:13:48 PM »
I have to avoid remembering too often as it becomes overwhelming and saddens me.  I venture between asking if we're really the lucky ones to have survived and being grateful that I did.

hugs
wolfie
Judging someone does not define them, it defines you. 

True peace is not merely the absence of war, it is the presence of justice.

Offline Theyer

• I love buying Furnature.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »
There must be something in the air em , your post Carl,s post could off wrote it myself if I had a sister in Connecticut , a Husband. I think I have a particular sadness that starts at the beginning off Summer as well as welcoming it.

I think alot off this is age related we would be having cousins off these days if we where negative. However it would be nice to have the money etc from a adult life off health .

Ho hum day
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »
Weasel, if you're out on Long Island you should come into the city for a visit. We can talk about..."SLEEP APNEA"...and what can be done about it.

Seriously, though, if you'd care to meet up for dinner let me know. We'll see what we can work out.

Now about that "not dying anyway"...I have an operation coming up and last time it didn't turn out too well...so...
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline Theyer

• I love buying Furnature.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 06:29:03 AM »
Carl you must have dinner in NY.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline weasel

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 09:11:25 AM »
Weasel, if you're out on Long Island you should come into the city for a visit. We can talk about..."SLEEP APNEA"...and what can be done about it.

Seriously, though, if you'd care to meet up for dinner let me know. We'll see what we can work out.

Now about that "not dying anyway"...I have an operation coming up and last time it didn't turn out too well...so...

Thanks for the offer :)
    Not sure I will be heading into the City this trip .
      I would love to have  lunch one day thou :) 

Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline em

« Reply #7 on: Today at 04:51:45 AM »
thank you for responding.

em

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.