POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 04:15:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647458
  • Total Topics: 49334
  • Online Today: 170
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 101
Total: 103

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: CD8 cell chinese have proven LTNP one week ago We need to get on this  (Read 2717 times)

Offline bimazek

We need massive activism around the CD8 cell, the chinese have proven that the hiv specific killer CD8 T cells are getting turned off in rapid progressors and the hiv specific killer CD8 T cells are functioning well in all LTNP long term non progressors... this is enough info for me to say... we need intense CD8 med research, the switch is called pd-1 on the cd8 cell also may be ctla involved

this is a huge discovery...

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=10786.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=7475.0

we need to print this out and show it to our dr. so they start asking about this at conferences

we need to put pressure on drug companies and universities large and small to do more research

we need to get melinda darling and show her this info and get more money to harvard and montreal univ where alot of this research is being done

we need to push

obviously many many people are having bad times with haart

this is how many animals naturally surpress this virus.. the CD8 does its job

too much of a myth of invinciblility has grown up around this virus

the virus is evil the virus is tricky the virus is bad etc

no

it is completely suppressed and dealt with in a most animals because

the CD8 cell does its job

anyone who has any influence and power

try to get on this band wagon

i have read 800 science articles on pd-1

the chinese are ahead

perhaps that can be are angle

imagine if time magazine prints

Chinese Scientists Cure Aids

that will be like loosing the race to the moon

maybe we can make speaches that show that this is a competition to show who is more advanced

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
Re: CD8 cell chinese have proven LTNP one week ago We need to get on this
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 05:32:11 AM »

imagine if time magazine prints

Chinese Scientists Cure Aids

that will be like loosing the race to the moon

maybe we can make speaches that show that this is a competition to show who is more advanced

and I thought it was about saving people... :o

Pat

PS: race to the moon...errr oh yeah, velcro! But wasn't that design inspired by the shape of seeds from a plant that definitely lives on the earth
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline k20a2

Asians are the underdog superpower its all around us cant you see
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:37:39 AM »
if anybody is going to have a cure or theraputic vaccine it will be from asia i have no doubt in that
1. americans most efficiant hybrid car only goes 32 mpg its the chevy avio the japanese have a car that runs on natural gas you can connect to your stove to refeul when you get back home Honda civic gx and toyota prius 60 mpg as well as the honda insight may go up to 80 mpg
2. where do most of your electronics come from?
3.  who has the most bad ass cartoons ever
4. the reason why you here alot about american breakthroughs lies in an american cartoon called animatrix its that one episode with the robots bieng isolated and taking over the world the reason why chinese are so advanced is because they are communist and they all have the same standard like robots if you see them on a train every one of them are anti social if they had a cure they might not even tell us
5. remember that time one of our spy planes crashed on their soil and  they took our soldires hostage they disasembled that top secret spy plane "aurora" less then two days and knew everything about it like it were a two block childs rubic cube
they are the person watching you from the back of the room waiting for you to really piss them off i mean they are giving out free meds there soon to all with hiv and they will have the upperhand just look at our cars,cell phones,our insperation how we always copy them, food, entertainment. look at their technology and millions of men army. they do not car about the world they are not fighting billion dollar pointless wars for 3dollars of gallon gas they use their money wiseley. why is it america is bllions of dollars in debt to  other contrys and use one third of the worlds resources its because were fat, we are the world police, care more about dying starving africans spend milions on them and have people dying of aids in our own land and cant afford meds. isnt the un enough for world order do we really have to step in. why is it that in europe gas is up ten bucks a gallon and nobody is going to war about it over there.its stupid how we give so much for tragadies and when they happen to us we get a back of hot cheetoes and some mexican foucet water. why do we have the right to push and shuv. im not a denyalist or idealist i am not republican nor conservative i just believe it would be nice to have a democrat for president. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 02:10:59 AM by k20a2 »

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 02:11:39 AM »
mmmhhhh

I hope some true blood god fearing white american scientist soon finds a cure for...

paranoļa??

ok, I get back to my morning muesli ;D

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline k20a2

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 04:34:58 AM »
         I think if china really boasts i think we could start another cold war we have been number one for along time but in the last decade weve been sticking or head up our asses and have been only number one in sports if that. we even pay chinese doctors to come work over here because we are short staff and quantanty is declining with college drop outs such as myself. i think if a developed country as china claimed to have a cure we would start investing in our own country again. i think if we got paid higher gas prices wouldnt even matter and inflation wouldnt rise because we would have more government funding demanding business taxes to pay up. businesses are richer then ever and people are poorer then ever. were barley noticing this by upping the min wages and lowering the college unit prices. they wonder why we have so muc violence here. arent we the no.1 best nation world police, learn from our democracy or were gonna beat our democracy in you.look at ourselves before we declare war about other countrys wrongdoings.  so how can you call this a land of opprotunity when the best chance you have to get rich is by rapping about gold spinnas and gold teeth while gettin my cock suked in an esculade. for the majority of us we wont ever reach sublime i think if you do then you will realize how great this country is.
in the end everyone will die and money will still be very alive.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.