POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 01:32:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642737
  • Total Topics: 48889
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A Alien Seedpod Named Flo  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
    • The Spin Cycle
A Alien Seedpod Named Flo
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:26:58 PM »
Because Benj isn't the only one with a disgusting piece infection (although, to be honest, mine is not an STD this time), I somehow feel the need to discuss my latest dilemma with a sebaceous cyst, which I've named Flo (for obvious reasons if you know what this is).

They are essentially huge, pus-and-blood laden infected sebaceous glands. Think cystic acne but the size of a golfball, then place it directly under your left nipple. Yup, it's yummy.

These things swell pretty quickly, going from minor embarrassment (lactating ooze) to painful horror. Last night Flo peaked and my left pec looked remarkably like that of a 12-year old girl about to get her first friend. The pitiful sleep I got (about four hours) before the discomfort woke me up has made my kinda surly.

Then, As I was having tea and perusing the threads this morning, the bright-red, shiny skin around my tit got slightly itchy before lava-like streams of obnoxious bloody pus streamed down my chest. A little pressure quickly drained much of this smelly, nauseating crud but not all of it.

Rinses with Hydrogen Peroxide cut 1 to 3 do their bit, and a heavy-day bandaid keeps my shirts from being stained.

I have seen many docs for this, dermatologists among them. They have nothing of interest to help me. And the last time I had one operated on (the right, 2001) I was left with excised tissue and a painful, inverted nipple for almost a year (good-bye sex).

Does anybody have a different approach? I've eliminated bean-caffeines like cola and coffee in favor of tea (which worked for a coupla years), most chocolate and aluminum-based deodorant. It's driving me insane and has ruined the possibility of hooking up with someone I've lusted after for over a year and who is briefly in Ft Lauderdale, in from San Francisco.

ARGH!

Brent
(Who doesn't deserve this)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

The revolutionary smart set reads The Spin Cycle at least once every day.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
Re: A Alien Seedpod Named Flo
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 12:43:48 PM »
Is there opening enough to allow for a betadine/gauze packing? If there is still exudate in the chasm, then it will not heal. You should be lavaging it three times a day first with whole strength peroxide(hydrogen),rinsing well with saline, then try packing  a small amount of gauze in it, before covering.
This was the routine I went through twice a day with my father, as he had a huge fistula at the perineum.(beside his scrotum)
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Bucko

• The Spin Cycle
Re: An Alien Seedpod Named Flo
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 12:53:05 PM »
Thanks, Lisa. I'll try it and see if anything changes/gets better.  ;D

This hardly qualifies in the same boat as a fistula, but is uncomfortable, smelly and demoralizing. I cannot imagine what your dad suffered.

<shudder>
Brent
(Who is rinsing once again)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 01:04:32 PM »
Poor baby...there ain't nothing I can say but poor baby.

AD

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 01:10:15 PM »
Well yes that doesn't look very tasty.. Do you know the cause of the problem? What kind of infection is this?

Milker (who is glad Brent posted after breakfast)
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Bucko

• The Spin Cycle
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 01:12:46 PM »
Poor baby...there ain't nothing I can say but poor baby.

AD

Auntoxia Doxplasia-

Thanks, hon. I'm kinda at a loss this time. It's just horrendous...and now that the pinkinsh clear fluids are making their appearance can Spring be far behind?

Brent
(Who dabs and wipes)

Offline Bucko

• The Spin Cycle
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 01:18:15 PM »
Well yes that doesn't look very tasty.. Do you know the cause of the problem? What kind of infection is this?

Milker (who is glad Brent posted after breakfast)

Milkie-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebaceous_cyst

This explains it pretty well. It has nothing to do with HIV or anything else. Some people are just "prone to cysts" as more than one doc's told me.

Knowledge isn't power here, but it's a minor comfort.

Brent
(Who has adapted to the horror)

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 01:28:01 PM »
hmmmmmmmm (he says after seeing the pictures and reading the descriptions)

well that really sucks i'm sorry :(

Can you check the surgical options again? Maybe there have been good improvements in this area that would work better than last time?

Milker.
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline Bucko

• The Spin Cycle
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 01:35:55 PM »
With no private insurance all the county health clinics would do is keep me for the afternoon and pat my hand, I'm afraid.

Sometimes life's bitches just need to be borne.

Brent
(Who wishes he had something like real health care again)

Offline mjmel

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 04:43:26 PM »
Flo sounds digusting, uncomfortable and just plain yukie, Bucko. I feel for ya pain and discomfort. Bucko, your post offered a laugh-- and I thank you for being such a gracious writer of postings. I wish I could offer you more to help at this posting. Perhaps my partner will phone tonite and I can ask him the best way to be rid of this ASAP. He would know. At present, he is on his way to Turks and Cacos for a little diving R & R. He will phone or email tonight if he is able.
xxx,
Mike

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 04:47:20 PM »
mjmel I saw the guy that Bucko was supposed to meet. So get that magic potion from your partner ASAP coz I really really want a video of them both :) :) :)

Milker.
nov 2 08 start Atripla

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 05:53:28 PM »
It's driving me insane and has ruined the possibility of hooking up with someone I've lusted after for over a year and who is briefly in Ft Lauderdale, in from San Francisco.

How terrible!  Maybe your mail-order lust-monkey will be understanding and forgiving, that is, of course, providing Flo doesn't become jealous and act out.

Lusted after for over a year?  You should be careful posting about him in these rooms, he might develop performance anxiety...

-joseph

Offline mjmel

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
Well, Bucko, this is the response I got from my email message:
  "Cystic masses (if it is truly a cyst) are, generally speaking, nonmalignant and do not need treatment per se.  One can aspirate it and send the fluid for cytology (pathology).  Breast "Cancer" is generally hard, non-cystic masses."

Apparently the internet connect at the hotel he is at will not allow him to connect to this site. He also mentioned he won't stay at the hotel again. So sorry, wish it was more detailed.

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 09:12:49 PM »
Speaking of fistulas, I am having mine fixed on May 18th .... I am so not looking forward to them cutting around my poor little bum hole which after all these years is still amazingly tight according to those that use it .... LOL.

Sorry to hijack, but anyone dealt with an anal fistula and the resulting surgery and healing?
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline Bucko

• The Spin Cycle
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 05:03:39 AM »
How terrible!  Maybe your mail-order lust-monkey will be understanding and forgiving, that is, of course, providing Flo doesn't become jealous and act out.

Lusted after for over a year?  You should be careful posting about him in these rooms, he might develop performance anxiety...

-Joseph

It'd Geekie, dear, not that I don't love you, because I do...

Well, Bucko, this is the response I got from my email message:
  "Cystic masses (if it is truly a cyst) are, generally speaking, nonmalignant and do not need treatment per se.  One can aspirate it and send the fluid for cytology (pathology).  Breast "Cancer" is generally hard, non-cystic masses."

Apparently the internet connect at the hotel he is at will not allow him to connect to this site. He also mentioned he won't stay at the hotel again. So sorry, wish it was more detailed.

Same old bulsihit, dear, I've heard it a milion tines before. But thanks or posting.

Speaking of fistulas, I am having mine fixed on May 18th .... I am so not looking forward to them cutting around my poor little bum hole which after all these years is still amazingly tight according to those that use it .... LOL.

Sorry to hijack, but anyone dealt with an anal fistula and the resulting surgery and healing?

You'e anticipating my new blog, but how you knew is beyond me  ;D

Brent
(Who actually has a fistula story to relate for those who'll read it)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2007, 09:43:40 AM »
Hey Brent,

I've had similar such for many years. There are a few things I have found to be helpful. A seemingly minor irritation can literally overnight be huge by the next morning. I've become very sensitive to the early emergence of one. Sometimes it can be totally new. Often they are in the same place as previously because unfortunately they form a core whch remains after draining occurs.

In some cases the decision was made to have them surgically removed. That was done when not infected so as to get the entire core since even a small bit of core left is sufficient for it to become active again -- kind of like an epidermal volcano. (LOL)

Among the things I have found helpful are to put neosporin or any like substance on the area and preferrably as soon as it looks like something is starting. It keeps the area clean and doing this has cut way down on having them get to the large, painful and ugly stage. Sometimes I even carry a tube of the stuff with me so that I can re-apply some in the course of the day.

Don't know if this is true for you, but I find that sweaty summer days can be fertile time for eruptions.

Also, putting hot soaks on can be effective. Most important is as little touching, squeezing or prodding as possible on your part. Doing that almost always in my experience exacerbates the situation.

Sometimes I have had my doc give me an injection of cortisone right into one which definitely gets the swelling down much faster.

My dermatologist thinks I have become expert at managing them. LOL I guess that's good.

Good luck in dealing with your pods.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 09:45:40 AM by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2007, 08:28:48 PM »

You'e anticipating my new blog, but how you knew is beyond me  ;D

Brent
(Who actually has a fistula story to relate for those who'll read it)

I am waiting with bated breath dear.....
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.