HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

blood serum shelf life

(1/2) > >>

cicatriz:
hi,

i just have a lingering thought, what conditions should a blood sample have in order for it to be fit for testing?

i mean, if my blood was extracted on, say, a wednesday, and it was scheduled for rapid HIV antibody testing on a sunday, how should the blood sample be kept? refrigerated? room temp? etc...

just wondering if such factors can affect outcome of the antibody test result.

thanks

Ann:
cicatriz,

I've never heard of these kinds of factors having any sort of outcome on an antibody test whatsoever. According to the post you made in Question's thread, you have reliably tested negative at the appropriate time. Please don't start whatiffing the testing center's proceedures. I'm sure they know what they're doing or they wouldn't be in business.

You are hiv negative.

Ann

Question:
Hi Cicatriz.

Thanks for the information you wrote on my thread. I think some hosptial have 4th generation testing but some hospital are asking for pictures. Why are they asking for pictures for hiv test?

By the way Why did you test? what was your risk?

cicatriz:

--- Quote from: Ann on June 22, 2006, 12:29:22 PM ---cicatriz,

I've never heard of these kinds of factors having any sort of outcome on an antibody test whatsoever. According to the post you made in Question's thread, you have reliably tested negative at the appropriate time. Please don't start whatiffing the testing center's proceedures. I'm sure they know what they're doing or they wouldn't be in business.

You are hiv negative.

Ann

--- End quote ---

apologies, ann. :)

you may lock this thread if appropriate. thanks :)

cicatriz:

--- Quote from: Question on June 22, 2006, 02:08:20 PM ---Hi Cicatriz.

Thanks for the information you wrote on my thread. I think some hosptial have 4th generation testing but some hospital are asking for pictures. Why are they asking for pictures for hiv test?

By the way Why did you test? what was your risk?

--- End quote ---

answers are in your thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version