POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 06:19:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23730
  • Latest: lume
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642740
  • Total Topics: 48891
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 127
Total: 130

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: It's a great day to be alive!  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Ody

• Diagnonis 3/86
It's a great day to be alive!
« on: April 07, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
I woke up this morning to my dogs begging to go out, I opened the door and what do I see? Two and a half inches of snow! My spring flowers, frozen and dead, the leaves on my lilac bush, frozen and drooping off the branches. I turn on the news, what do I see, the fruit crops in the area frozen and only time will see.
My ex, now roomie, awakes, his usual unpleasant morning self. Good morning sun shine, he growls at me, 'what so good that you see. I woke up this morning, if that's what you mean'. I ask have you looked outside, ya-miserable as can be!
Maybe for you but not for me. With a horrible look he ask me just what do you see? By the way, someone has been in the yard making a snow angle how crazy can they be?
Yep, that snow angle came from me! he ask how can you do that, your crazy!
Maybe, but it's pretty darn easy to explain. I got to feel the cold air, to see the sparkling crystals only the snow flakes make, the glare of the sun blinding my sight, that clump of snow that went down my shirt causing shivers all over let me know I still can feel!! I embraced the trickle of melting snow as it rolled from my hair to my cheek! Knowing full well, this might be the last snow flake I see in flight.

I remember all the days of joy from my youth, the family, the snow mobile, ice fishing, snow ball fights, sledding, the late great Auntie Eddie's (ED) Christmas tree cut in half, half in the house, the half that wouldn't fit inside on the roof of her/his trailer...the list goes, all of which help me with my fight!

Life with mr. virus at times can be so hard--Sometimes I want to punch him in his face, wait, I'm smile---Bam right in the face!

You might think I'm crazy, but it sure beats laying on the couch moanin' and groanin' ;)

Peace health love and a great day everyday!
Ody

Take a deep breath and forgive yourself, no since in you making it harder, that's someone else's job and you know they are more qualified, just ask um!

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Re: It's a great day to be alive!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »
Ody...

It's beautiful down here in Alabama....a bit cold for us this time of year but NO snow.
              But indeed it is good to be ALIVE! ;D

Patti & Pepper look so cute in their new sweaters :D
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 12:08:15 PM »
This post made me smile :)

I keep meaning to welcome you to the forums Ody, so I'll say it now: Welcome!

We're a patchwork of wierd and wonderful folk here!

Melia 8)
(who gets most pleasure from the simplest things in life)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 12:14:11 PM »
Odie Cologne

You made my day!  Anyone who fights the virus with a snow angel, well, ....well that takes a certain ...something... and whatever it is, you've got it.

robert

Offline Ody

• Diagnonis 3/86
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »
Yoda and Sassy refuse to allow me to put sweeters on them, he he..

Thanks Melia! I love the patch work of interesting people here!

Like I say when I'm an all out comic, "I love interesting people, I find them so interesting, it's interesting.." just don't ask me to do my preacher and sister bertha's hand in the offering pan rutine!! :D

Just got even more good new, having company from out of town today, going to go out for dinner and hit the mall to view all the goodies... ;D
Take a deep breath and forgive yourself, no since in you making it harder, that's someone else's job and you know they are more qualified, just ask um!

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 06:13:18 PM »
Aw, I could feel the smile slowly grow across my face as I read your post.  I wonder how many people have awakened to such a sight?  How many flowers and leaves wilted and destroyed by such a late snow, yet how many springs followed?  How many more will come?  I wonder now how many springs do I have left?  Everyone of them even rarer than the last...  how excellent!

Drew

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 07:23:56 PM »
Ody... you just shot way up on my esteem list.  Thanks for this posting.
I imagine you are one heck of a terrific person to know.   The world needs more people who know how to live in the moment and enjoy life.

Best post of the day... 

Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 08:03:18 PM »
Ody, we don't know each other, but I've got to say you ROCK!  I so much appreciate a sunny outlook, to a fault by some people's standards.  I'm too tired to move my plants inside although we might have a freeze tonight in Texas, and I just saw a few snowflakes falling, and we might lose the peach crop in Fredricksburg, but DAMN!  You made a snow angel!

I wasn't going to post about my weekend guest, but now I have to. Abbey is on vacation for a week and I have her little old Maltese, Sheba. She's been chilly today, so I ventured out in the sleet and bought a sweater for her:  baby-blue, Barbie (!) hoodie with pompoms on the back! and I got it on sale from the markdown bin at PetCo!

What a great day!

Creighton

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 06:58:00 AM »
Everyday is a great day to be alive!

Yep, even the days that kinda suck. I figure the sucky days make me appreciate the good days all that much more, so in a way, it's all good.

My dog LOVES to dress up, much to the dismay of my partner. Whenever I put one of her coats or her hoodie on for a walk on a cold day, I have to chase her around the house to take it back off again afterward. She's also partial to neckware - the photo below doesn't show her scarf off to it's full advantage, but it was handy. My partner's dog was the opposite, I'd have to chase her to get her coat on her. I think my dog would wear high-heels too if they made them for dogs! ;D

Welcome to the forum, Ody!

Ann

[attachment deleted by admin]
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mjmel

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 07:57:01 AM »
I believe this an appropriate thread to say Welcome, Ody!
xxx,
Mike

Offline Ody

• Diagnonis 3/86
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 10:39:43 AM »
Thanks for the welcomes!

I been trying to upload a pic of me and my Sassy girl for a couple days but with no luck, but I am sure I will figure it out. ;) I have a couple of Yoda, but he is mega camera shy, he's a chihuahua, so it's his nature.  Sassy's been with me for near 16 years now, but has the spunk of a pup and can keep Yoda's 4 year old tail in check. She lives up to her name that's for sure and is always at my side or feet.

Well, we got more snow, news says there's major damage to the grape vines, peach trees are suffering massively, and all the other grand news they have.

Today I'm organizing a snowball fight, already have 5 people enrolled...You know it's kinda like a song by the Dixie Chicks, 'Someday's You Gotta Dance'...

Happy Easter and as always, Peace health and love,
Ody

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.