POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 09:29:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 643035
  • Total Topics: 48927
  • Online Today: 196
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Well, here we go again. Starting second set of meds tomorrow  (Read 1899 times)

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
Well, here we go again. Starting second set of meds tomorrow
« on: April 02, 2007, 11:32:33 PM »
Hi all, Thank you fo reading my stuff.

The pain on my legs has gone almost completely. I still feel my arms like tired, but much less than before. I went to my id today and talked to him. I asked him abut a cd4 and viral load test, because given the fact that I had to stop meds, I wanna see how screwed up I am. 

He was reluctant to order the test for me. He said the number will be cd4 down and VL up. . And that I had to begin with my new therapy. And that the numbers will not be that relevant now. He is estimating my cd4s in the 250 range, and my VL in the 4000-10000 range. He was also reluctant , because in my country , CD4 tests are allowed by the law only every 6 months. As**les.

Anyway, I managed to get my labs order now. I'll get my tests tomorrow. And I will begin 3tc+sustiva+ddi(ddi replacing azt, because of the neuropathy thing)

Jeez, 3 months with the freaking pain... Almost 9 months since diagnosed. Cannot belive it.

Sorry If i am talking like zombie, like a no feelin person. It is just that I am tired. Of everything. Of being alone, of this disease.

However, on the nice side of the story, I'll just have a once a day regime. 2 pills of 3tc + 1 sustiva+ 1 ddi. I'll take everything in the morning, before breakfast.

Let's see how everything goes.

Alex
(who is hapy to come here and vent, and being a bitch)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 11:47:55 PM by LatinAlexander »
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: Well, here we go again. Starting second AV set tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 11:37:31 PM »
Alex,  I have been thinking about you now for quite sometime.   I am saying some prayers that your new regimin will work and remove the PN from your vocabulary....  That "alone" thing is only for right now.  It's not forever honey... 

Love,

Eric

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Well, here we go again. Starting second set of meds tomorrow
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 01:05:58 AM »
Hugs, prayers, one step at at time. We know you're taking those steps. I'm tempted to say all this is too much to be thrown at one person. You have strength of mind, body and youth, great weapons for you. Love, A

Offline Nadine

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 06:59:30 AM »
Alex
(who is hapy to come here and vent, and being a bitch)

Vent away sweetie!

Wishing you all the best!  :-*

Offline mjmel

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 07:28:09 AM »
Alex, don't even try to berate yourself. Pain saps our energy and renders us vulnerable or helpless to deal effectively with the world at large.  It's happened to you and it's happening to friends of ours here in Ohio (not gay and non HIV related.) It's hard to watch'em suffer. IMO,  they don't vent or complain enough. If it helps, vent away. (No zombie talk so far!)

Offline J.R.E.

• Joined Dec-2003 Living positive, since 1985.
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 07:54:45 AM »
Hello Alex,

Hopefully after dropping the AZT, things will get better for you. The one month period, that I had done AZT in the trizivir pill was just too much. Soon after I stopped it, things improved quite a lot.

Take care of yourself-------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune, Epzicom, 40mg of simvastatin, 12.5mg of Hydrochlorothiazide.
Metoprolol tartrate 25mg

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40802.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45159.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39722.msg495621;topicseen#msg495621

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=46806.0

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39414.msg491701#msg491701

In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started my first  HAART regimen  on October 24th,03.

As of 8/2514,  t-cells are at 402, Viral load <40

Current % is at 11%

62 years young.

Offline Blixer

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 02:54:48 PM »
Alex,
Best of luck with the new meds. I had some similar issues and had to change within a few weeks.  My doctor only changed one med.  He dropped the abacavir and added DDI.  The change was successful for me.  Hopefully this will be the combo that works with very few side effects and it will be smooth sailing from here on. 

I found it odd that your doctor didn't want to do a CD4 and Viral Load after being off meds.  That was the first thing my doctor wanted.  I know that in the end it probably doesn't matter, but knowing where you are when you start back seems to be an important things.

Take care and good luck!
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline LatinAlexander

• Bogota, Colombia
Update : Well, here we go again. Starting second set of meds tomorrow
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 01:35:45 PM »
I am feelinz dizzy. Like idiot .. I think it is because of sustiva+ddi...

Alex
Poz since Jul 19 2006
Initial numbers : CD4-250 VL 3500
First labs after HAART (Dec 04-2006) : CD4-432 VL-<40 (Undetectable)  cd4%=25.11%
Started HAART: Combivir+Efavirenz Aug 26 7:38 pm
Feb 08 2007 - Gradually stopping HAART cause of Myalgia. Protecting Efavirenz. Stopped Efavirenz, ahead with Combivir....
February 17 Combivir stopped.
April 3 -07 : Started ddi+3tc+efavirenz...
Gay and positive (What a lack of Identity...:) )
Looking for my Ben....

Offline koi1

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 03:13:49 PM »
Yes sustiva is a bit difficult at first. I tried taking it during the day, and I definitely would rather try to sleep through it. I wish you lots of good things with your new regimen. I am so happy that you have other options.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.