Main Forums > Living With HIV

Does the Dentist need to know?

<< < (9/9)

emeraldize:
I had a slightly uncomfortable situation--I'd gone to high school with my exceptional dentist who was also a friend. As much as I didn't want to give up his skill level, it was cutting a little too close to home. I knew I wasn't required legally to disclose to him, but ultimately, I made the decision to switch to a dentist recommended by my + medical team. She is just terrific! First time I've ever seen a female dentist. Early after diagnosis, I decided that anyone who could benefit me medically, be it PCP, ophthamologist, chiropractor, massage therapist, acupuncturist, psychologist, etc. would be told--otherwise, I was preventing them from being top notch practitioners and not availing myself of optimal care. And, to date, I've never sensed any discomfort from any of them, in fact, quite the contrary---they seem extraordinarily interested in how I'm doing and keeping me healthy. To peacefully add another perspective, having read DingoBoi's post, I believe what he wrote was very clear and was in no way dismissive of his caregivers' potential (minimal at best given SOP for dentists) for harm.

GSOgymrat:
Rob,

From what I am told a happy ending is where they massage you until you make a mess. Someone with more experience please correct me if I am wrong.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version