POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642911
  • Total Topics: 48912
  • Online Today: 252
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: In this weeks Sonoma West News and Times  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

In this weeks Sonoma West News and Times
« on: March 29, 2007, 06:01:17 PM »
The front page story is the landing of the first commercial flight by Horizon Air.  The greeting party included Jeannie Schulz, widow of Charles M. Schulz, the creator of the Peanuts comic strip and the person whom the Sonoma County Airport is named after.

Somewhere in small print, lost in the classified section is a very small legal ad is the Ficticious Name Statement saying that Michael, Sonomabeach is doing business in Forestville under the name of Industrial Safety Consultants.

Somewhere in a big bank, not far away is a Loan Officer who has submitted loan docs for start-up monies and expects to have an answer by tomorrow.  I am just bouncing up and down with joy at the moment as this may be the break I have been looking for since losing my job (due to AIDS diagnosis) over 10 years ago.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Robert

Re: In this weeks Sonoma West News and Times
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 09:46:34 PM »

Just say the word Michael and I'll do whatever it takes to get you that loan.

robert

(good grief)

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 10:46:41 PM »
Sounds good. Hope everything works out and you are very successful.  Cristy

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:07:00 PM »
Nick, the Loan Officer did not call today and his private line did not answer.  He did say he would probably have an answer by Friday.  So, I should remain in the holding pattern until Monday (April Fools Day).  I have been "waiting to see" for several years now so two more days is a piece of cake (sorry for the pastry metaphor).  I still have 2 more month of my Leave of Absense from the Commission on AIDS, the sun is shining and what can be done on a beautiful day?  Well there is tanning, and writting and more tanning?  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 02:14:45 AM »
Hey Robert,

Thank you for the offer.  Safety Trivia and Industrial Safety Consultants has been a project of mine since hospitalized with AIDS.  So many years and so much effort has resulted in my best work and I have done the entire design and marketing plan alone.  Completion of this project will be a huge boost in self-esteem. 

Oddly enough, the employee safety industry has two seasons.  July and January is my season because 90% of all workers' comp polices renew during those months and most companies go into sticker shock over the cost of this insurance.  My product lines offer a minimum 25% reduction in injuries which lead to claims if followed as designed and all custom work is guaranteed.

The purpose of the bank loan is to possibly speed up the process and I actually have three years before Title I funding runs out in Sonoma County.  When I do get the product line released and if it is successful as my early work, I have financing available to move out of my spare room and into corporate America.  I am doing fine and thank you but decline your offer.  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.