POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 25, 2014, 09:25:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650356
  • Total Topics: 49650
  • Online Today: 154
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 124
Total: 128

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blood on the Axe...(with apologies to Bob Dylan)  (Read 2325 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

Blood on the Axe...(with apologies to Bob Dylan)
« on: March 26, 2007, 09:56:18 PM »
Hi All,

This morning I was cold so I decided to build a fire.  At home it was easy... all I had to do was throw some wood on the fireplace, open a gas jet, click a switch and toss a match.  Couldn't get any easier than that.  Here on the river, I have to chop kindling and build a fire the old fashioned way.

Being out in the cool morning air, I got easily distracted and chopped my index finger.  Took a chunk off the top and into the nail.  I went to the Russian River Health Clinic because it is the closest.  A nice Nurse wrapped me up in gause and recommended I see a doctor but they didn't have one at the time so, would I be able to go into Santa Rosa to my regular clinic?  I went there and everyone was in a meeting, could I go to Urgent Care at Sutter because I should have XRAY and maybe stiches?

I go to Sutter as directed and wait... and wait... and wait.  I get XRAY and wait some more.  Finally after about 5 hours at Urgent Care, I see a doctor and a Nurse... They patch my poor finger (not the one I use to wave in heavy traffic) and all is well.  If I had a set of those press-on nails, I would be good as new.  I guess all that is left is for the Boy Scouts to recind my merit badges.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 57 years a pain in the butt
Re: Blood on the Axe...(with apologies to Bob Dylan)
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 12:05:41 AM »
Holy cow Michael,

I love a good fire as much as the next guy, but not enough to chop off a finger.

Be careful, will you!  :o

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 12:45:17 AM »
been chopping my own fire wood for the last 3 years now and  still have all my fingers and toes.  Jeez....would you please be careful!

robert

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 07:59:18 AM »
I often cut the firewood for my house hold and realize how dangerous it can be.. Please be more careful,next time it could be your leg..Have you ever used an electric chain saw, they work really well on smaller wood.   Cristy

Offline bear60

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:12:47 AM »
Ouch
Take care of that finger!!!
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline mjmel

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 09:42:54 AM »
Michael,
What exactly was it about the "cool morning air" that distracted you as you downstroked the axe? Seems like an inappropriate time to be glancing at the view. (chuckle)
Too late to advise you to take care!  ;) And....SOOOO sorry to hear of your 5 hr. ordeal just to have that injury dressed and attended. Did they sew? You deserve another badge just for the ridiculous wait time.
I think I would have given up after 3 hrs and disinfected/dressed it myself.
xxx,
Mike

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:12:08 PM »
My cause of distraction... Well that is a Moo Point.  What is a moo point? So gald you asked... A moo point is something so absurb, even the cows (not to be confused with C.O.W.S.) won't talk about it.

I have two friends who are major damage control.  First there is Seabreeze who is crazy as a loon.  She has at least 4 disabilities and the only reason she lives in a house, instead of being on the street is because I put her in one.  She has been in the one I got her for almost a year and it was time to renegoiate the next years lease.  She missed appointments with her landlady and finally showed up so drunk, the landlady and her friend had to carry her home.  She finally gets a lease signed for 1 more year and calls her landlady and refuses to honor the lease.  The landlady is one of my friends who only rented to her because of me.  Marie calls because Seabreeze will not honor the written lease, I suggested Marie (landlady) call Lourdes (Housing Authority Case Manager) and either wrap it up or put her on the street.I do not know the outcome yet.

Then there is Don, who is not disabled but has no bank account, credit cards, job but does work casual labor when available.  When he gets a check, he cashes it at a liocal bank because sometimes he provides sexual favors for an employee of that bank.  Don also brags that his best friend is a fag with AIDS (that would be me).  When he gets off the phone with almost anyone, he always comments they asked why he is running around with "that faggot".  Yesterday morning I went to that bank to apply for a small business start-up loan.  The employee he has been servicing came out from her teller window to be my "personal banker."  Her first statement was... "I didn't know you know Don."  Well I do know Don but I am here to apply for a small loan for my business.  Of course she already knew that because it could not be a coinsidence that she had a loan brochure in her hand.  I thanked her but did not call the toll free number on the brochure.  Never was introduced to a loan officer.

This morning I got up, got dressed nice and went to a much bigger bank in Santa Rosa where I was immediately seated with a Loan Officer.  We discussed my disability, my background and my plans.  Nick had several plans where I may be accepted for a small line of credit.  We chose Plan A and there will be an answer in three days.  He sais if that is not accepted I should come back so we can work out another loan program (Plan B).

I am much more relaxed today and hope not to chop off my toe  ;D.  Have the best day
Michael   

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 08:37:50 PM »
Michael.

All day I've been working out in the yard with the same refrain going over and over and over again in my friggin' mind, thanks to you.

So a bit of advice.  I don't think you should work on Maggie's farm no more.

robert
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 08:39:51 PM by Robert »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 10:00:53 PM »
I have just become inspired!  I re-wrote a little song to celebrate the occassion...

"If you see him say hello, he might be drinkin beer
left here last early spring and is livin there I hear

Say for me that I'm alright though things are gettin slow
he might think that I've forgotten him, so tell him it isn't so

We had a falling out, like lovers often will, and to think of how I left that night, it still brings me a chill

An though our separation has pierced me to the heart.   He still lives inside of me, we've never been apart

If you get get close to him, kiss him once for me, always have respected him for doin what he did and gettin free

Oh what ever makes him happy, I won't get in the way, for the bitter taste still lingers on from the night I tried to make him stay"

Guess I better stop before I get sued by Columbia Records.  Have the best day
Michael

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 10:06:38 PM »
I like SeaBreeze and Don, where the fuck do you find those people? I want to meet them!

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 10:39:44 PM »
Hey Milker,

We are a "package deal", we can be found at my house on the next full moon (April 2nd). OR... May 2nd and May 31st (Blue Moon).  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2007, 10:44:14 PM »
Hey Robert,

I have another plagarized song for you...

"You've got a lot of nerve to say you can't eat right... When I'm in Sebastopol, I eat at Front Street".  Have the best day
Michael

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2007, 10:48:39 PM »
Hey Milker,

We are a "package deal", we can be found at my house on the next full moon (April 2nd). OR... May 2nd and May 31st (Blue Moon).  Have the best day
Michael

I'll be there!
But I can't stand blood or missing fingers.

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2007, 11:35:48 PM »
We never use blood on the first visit  :-X. But I can connect you with S. Jason Black, (author of Urban Voodoo). Have the best day
Michael
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 11:39:10 PM by Sonomabeach »

Offline mjmel

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 06:08:44 AM »
Udderly fascinating story...very mooooooving....(with apologies to all for my puns)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 08:05:18 PM »
Lifes little soap opera in Cazadero

I got a call from Marie (landlady of Seabreeze) this morning.  She was concerned about Seabreeze (her tenant and my friend).  Marie has a Guest House on the ranch and found Social Services snooping around, bothering the vacation tenants and asking questions about Marie, Seabreeze and the vacation tenants wouldn't know because they pay big bucks to stay there and rent through one of the vacation house rental agencies.

The Social Service person would not identify herself and reportedly threatened to call the Sheriffs Dept.  The phone at Seabreeze's house was disconnected so I drive up there.  It is 20 miles in the mountains on a narrow road, almost at the coast.  I get to the cottage, the gate is open (that is normal).  Her car is there and the keys are in the ignition,. the dogs and the cats are fed, watered and the house is wide open.  Everything is normal except Seabreeze is not there.

I wait awhile, play with the dogs, pet the cats and since nothing is out of place, I leave.  On the way down the mountain, I meet Seabreeze with her IHSS worker.  It is a nice day, the ladies were just out doing shopping and daily errands.  I let them know the Social Services people were at the ranch and asking questions (as per Marie).  The IHSS worker has my number and does call if there is a problem and she never called this time.

Marie had also told me that she got a message from her BF that if he even hears her voice this week, he will kill himself.  The moral of the story is... Seabreeze is not the only woman I know who may or may not be mentally unbalanced.  I need to help Seabreeze get moved back into town so she can be close to other people and her church.  I had hoped to get her moved back into the apartment building where she, Don, and I lived when we met but (according to Don) the building and several neighboring properties have been sold, the buyer is leveling the entire block to put in low-income housing.

The name of my little soap opera... So glad you asked, I will call it "AS THE STOMACH TURNS".  Have the best day
Michael

Offline mjmel

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 09:32:23 AM »
What a bummer. FRUSTRATED as you are now, sure hope there is something you can do soon to alter the situation.
Again, be careful with that axe.
xxx,
Mike

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 04:27:06 PM »
Thanks Mike,

I got a call from Marie last night.  The drama is over between Marie and her BF.  He is no longer going to commit suicide at the sound of her voice and they are making up.  Seabreeze is not losing her home and the two ladies are bonding.  All is well in the not so great Northwest.  My finger is healing but I wish I had a copy of the XRAY to put in my portfolio.  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.