Main Forums > Living With HIV

where do you buy your meds?

(1/3) > >>

BL:
Hi,

I take truvada, kaletra, acyclovir and zoloft...where is the best place to buy these drugs? I have insurance but it only covers 75% which leaves quite a lot of out of pocket. What do people recommend? Thanks very much for your advice.

BL

blbldude:
You might qualify for ADAP assisatance with your insurance co-pays depending on your income level and the state you live in.

RobT:
BL-
I have been taking Sustiva and Truvada since November and have been covered under my state's ADAP (WA ADAP) program since then. I know my state picks up a considerable amt, based upon the person's income level. WA state is picking up 80% of all my costs under this program and I am coming up w/ the remaining 20%. The big catch is that this program IS for HIV/AIDS associated medication and care only, so it is not an umbrella health coverage option. It does not cover regular sickness, unless it is associated w/ HIV/AIDS. For an overall health care package, that might b offered from ur state; hospital; care provider; etc..

RobT

9/27/2005-1st test results
Viral Load >1,000,000
CD4 204
CD4%age 18
CD4/CD8 ratio .23
11/24/2005- Sustiva/Truvada
04/18/2006
Viral Load 140
CD4 402
CD4%age .21
CD4/CD8 ratio .39
Next appt.-06/27/2006 (lab results)

allanq:
BL,

If you have a Costco near you, check out their prices. I've seen a couple of news articles that compare prices of various nationwide pharmacies, and Costco came out way lower than most of the national pharmacies. Here's one such article:  Pharmacy Comparison

Even if you don't have a Costco near you, you can check out their online pharmacy and find out if you can get them by mail order. I didn't see all your drugs listed on the website, but the price for 30 tabs of 100 mg Zoloft was $79.77. The website suggested that if your drug isn't listed, you should call their online pharmacist.

I hope this helps.

Allan

Oceanbeach:
Sustiva, Viread, and Trizivir. I don't buy meds, they are provided through Medicare Part D.  Since I live in California and live on SSI, harely have two nickles to rub together and call my own, ADAP picks up the share of cost.  For a list of commomly prescribed HIV medications and their cost at my local pharmacy, www.Commission-on-AIDS.org, click on the medications tab of my site.  Have the best day
Michael

I have tried Longs and RiteAid but both organizations have had a problem with keeping HIV meds in stock for their regular monthly clients.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version