POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 07:05:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632070
  • Total Topics: 47855
  • Online Today: 205
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 150
Total: 152

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Location, Location, Location......  (Read 937 times)

Offline bt1313

Location, Location, Location......
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:37:24 AM »
Definitely plays a part in my daily life now a days. When we first found out we were POZ we had decided to move to North Carolina and to his moms. That was last April 2006.We delayed our move one week to get our meds and what not and off we went. We stayed until mid February 2007. We have had a history of moving....not staying in one spot longer than two years.... with the exception of my employment with one company of 4 years there has never been stability. So we made our visits back home to Boston for doctors appointments around family events. This worked well except we were 800 miles from his kids and the rest of our family. We had planned to summer in NC but with things beyond our control....(momma drama) we stayed to tend to here house and Yorkies(she breeds them) and took on making payments on the house. Remodeled everything save themaster bath and bedroom. Intending on being there for 5 or six years. I knew that was a long shot. We finally were settled and mom moved back home. So we packed up and moved back to our family in NH. that was a month ago. With one car and our location in the BOONIES as they say in these here parts...I am not working. We finally discussed things and I seemed to have made some headway...further south we go. Somewhere at least where this is public transportation. Not sure yet quite where. But south....right now its over 200 miles round trip to our doctors in Beantown. A strain on us since neither of us has any real income. But they are needed visits. The idea of living where we are now...was the hope that his kids would move in with us(their home life was awful). But their stepdad is gone ad things are better...for them. But what about us(I would not be lying if I did not say I here..I know selfish). I need to work to pay child support to my ex wife and I know the exercise would do me good...but walking is not a real option here. There is nothing around. I am not writing this to sound like I am complaining....rather to vent. Things are getting better in our lives...finally a positive up swing. We have not been really sick since being diagnosed.....And we still have each other. A roof over our heads and no one save his mom know our status(that's by choice). Life, in my case, is definitely dictated by location.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.