Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

I can't seem to convince my ex-bf to take the test

<< < (3/3)

megasept:

--- Quote from: milker on March 12, 2007, 09:20:44 PM ---When I turned out poz I tried to find my ex-bf...I can't be 100% that I was not infected when I was with him, I'm pretty sure, but "pretty sure" is not enough.

I'll go with him at any time of day or night to get tested, I have the homeaccess ready, what else can I do to convince him to take the test?

Milker

--- End quote ---

Milker: Your "ex" doesn't have to get tested "any time of day or night" or at all.. Somehow I doubt he "wanted" to go with you, as much as he gave in---you can be quite persuasive. Your insistence..."'pretty sure" is not enough'" had more to do with you and your worries than his or his health. Could it be that you wanted him to receive a "clean bill of health" right away, so that if/when he turns positive in the future you wouldn't have been responsible? Let him be...Well you lucked out. He's still neg. Stop being super-nanny!   8)  -megasept

milker:
lol oh wow that was an old post..

so my ex-bf tested neg.. but 2 days ago told me he had spots all over him, and also told me that he had unprotected sex with a guy, after I told him I was positive...

I was supposed to see him tonight but i'm going to see him tomorrow. I'm not sure he tested for hiv anymore. So tomorrow is going to be a serious discussion.

Milker.

megasept:

--- Quote from: milker on June 30, 2007, 01:49:13 AM ---lol oh wow that was an old post..

so my ex-bf tested neg.. but 2 days ago told me he had spots all over him, and also told me that he had unprotected sex with a guy, after I told him I was positive...

I was supposed to see him tonight but i'm going to see him tomorrow. I'm not sure he tested for hiv anymore. So tomorrow is going to be a serious discussion.

Milker.

--- End quote ---

Well, yeah, "that was an old post" but one that will not die, because you keep posting and posting follow-ups and addendums to follow-ups. I have to agree with you that your "ex" might have lied to you about the HIV testing. Also possible that he DID TEST AND LIED TO YOU ABOUT THE ACTUAL (BAD) RESULTS---which would be an even greater shame. I can think of a score of reasons why someone in his position might lie to you.

"Serious discussions" can only take place between people who are being straight with themselves, and with one another. You two make talk constantly, but clearly, that's not happening.  8)  -megasept

milker:
I totally agree, megasept!!! And I didnt reply about your suggestion about the "clean bill of health". I didn't think of that, but I don't think this is what I wanted, I was really concerned that I may have infected him (and maybe I did.. you're right maybe he never tested..), and I wanted him to know his status the soonest, so that I could take care of him, feeling responsible for his infection. Now that you "injected" some doubt in my mind about his testing, I'm a bit confused I admit..

Milker.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version