HIV Prevention and Testing
Am I Infected?
How Can I Prevent HIV?
I Just Tested Poz
Living With HIV
Vivir con el VIH
Someone I Care About Has HIV
Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits
Questions About Treatment & Side Effects
Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV
Mental Health & HIV
Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems
Nutrition & HIV
Research News & Studies
« Last post by MLSRiley on Today at 10:26:26 PM »
trans here (female-to-male) and positive too (also a kinkster). What's up? Nice to know I'm not alone.
« Last post by titik on Today at 10:21:12 PM »
Good to hear about his progress. I hope to see him posting here very soon.
Questions About Treatment & Side Effects / Re: Having *really* bad side effects from Truvada/Tivicay combo. Advice?« Last post by MLSRiley on Today at 10:11:51 PM »
Generally, I'm pretty healthy. I've actually only started feeling bad since starting meds! Even before starting meds I was pretty healthy- CD4 count over 500 and a low viral load. A friend of mine that I hung out with this past weekend (also poz) and I had lunch together. She thinks it may be food poisoning, but we ate different food. I don't know.
« Last post by beyondremedy on Today at 10:08:03 PM »
In what language are you going to do your studies?
« Last post by Richie_R2 on Today at 10:01:13 PM »
I like it... eyes and a sticker for a smile... and, is that U-shaped part a pair of Angry Eyebrows? Oh yeah you should totally paint that thing to look like a Tiki god or Quetzlcoatl, or something cool anyway!
It's not so bad, really. Sucks that you have to wear it so much, but consider how much pain the option will probably be.
Four hours a day, for 6 months? Sounds like lots of fun. And, you just throw it away? That seems wasteful. Not sure how it works, but cannot be reused-- especially at that price?
My brothers CPap machine has cell phone technology. They know whether he's using it. If he doesn't use it as directed, they stop paying. I guess I can see that thinking, since I learned from respiratory therapist friends, that many don't use them and the money is wasted. But, your situation with starting back at zero seems excessive.
« Last post by initforlife on Today at 09:28:55 PM »
it looks like it is smiling at us.. two eyes and a mouth ! kind of like a evil smile though lol
So now I need to wear this for 6 months or longer.
The Cervical-Stim is a noninvasive, pulsed electromagnetic bone growth stimulator indicated as an adjunct to cervical fusion surgery in patients at high-risk for non-fusion.
1) It must be worn 4 hours per day.
2) Once the 20 something-ish woman delivered it to me personally at home and clicked the on button the expiration date began. It was designed to become useless in 365 days. (required by who knows who for a Class C device, whatever that means) It is to be tossed away like any other electronic device at that time.
3) Somehow the thing knows if I am wearing it. (scare tactic?) lol.
4) The company that manufactures it provides a guarantee to the insurance companies that it works when used as directed. Remember now... I'm being monitored. They will have electronic proof. Can anyone say Big Brother?
5) If you are already bored I suggest you stop reading now!
6) I can split the time wearing it during day but if I wear it for less than 1 hour, at least for the first time (daily), it will not give me "credit". Clock starts back at square one. That's just not right! lol.
7) It comes with a charger and has a battery life of 10 hours. They could have done better (see #9)
The digital screen will light up when you press the Backlight button at night but the backlight button is not lit. Hmmm...
9) It costs the insurance company somewhere between $2500-5000 depending on the negotiated contract.
10) Does anyone have a bedazzler? It just looks evil.
« Last post by initforlife on Today at 09:14:44 PM »
That's the group I went to. sorry about your case worker. but yes they meet in cape last Monday of the month I forget how to get there but will find out and pm you and see if my friend has a contact number for you.
« Last post by Richie_R2 on Today at 09:07:13 PM »
My caseworker was supposed to put me in touch with a support group in Cape (30 mins from me), but she is on vacation and won't be back until the 1st... the group meets last Monday night of the month, which was the holiday, and no one ever contacted me, and she forgot to get the number to me before she left. I'm not mad about it, just disappointed. *shrug* And my tag-name here is the two main nicknames they called me in the joint... first and last names start with same letter, so "R2".
Terms of Membership for these forums
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.