Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:57:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 233
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: possible coinfection hepetatis c and hiv  (Read 20657 times)

Offline baradias

• Standard
possible coinfection hepetatis c and hiv
« on: March 14, 2011, 12:15:13 pm »
Hi everyone,

Had recently a rapid hiv(elisa),hcv and syphilis bloodtest done 6 weeks post exposure (3 seperate test tubes).Came back negative for the hiv but have the wait a week more for the hcv and syphilis.
My questions is this;Can the simoultanisly possible exposure to hiv, hcv and syphilis give a false negative regarding the hiv test?
I'm asking cause I red that there is a documented case of 2 healthworkers who tested negative at 3 months but positive at 6 due to co-infection of hiv and hcv infection at the same time.They traced that back using dna reasearch.

Now ofcourse Im a bit freaked out after my intial joy of testing negative for hiv at 6 weeks.

Thanks and hoping for a quick reply from some of the experienced members

Offline baradias

• Standard
Re: possible coinfection hepetatis c and hiv
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 11:59:15 am »
Can I have a response from somebody?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 12:20:13 pm »
Hi everyone,

Had recently a rapid hiv(elisa),hcv and syphilis bloodtest done 6 weeks post exposure (3 seperate test tubes).Came back negative for the hiv but have the wait a week more for the hcv and syphilis.
My questions is this;Can the simoultanisly possible exposure to hiv, hcv and syphilis give a false negative regarding the hiv test?
I'm asking cause I red that there is a documented case of 2 healthworkers who tested negative at 3 months but positive at 6 due to co-infection of hiv and hcv infection at the same time.They traced that back using dna reasearch.

Now ofcourse Im a bit freaked out after my intial joy of testing negative for hiv at 6 weeks.

Thanks and hoping for a quick reply from some of the experienced members

Not true at all. 3 months post exposure is when you can obtain your conclusive test result.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 04:59:42 pm »
As Rod has indicated you can get a conclusive result at 3 months.

You haven't mentioned what your risk was which causes you to be concerned.
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 01:17:37 pm »
So a possible coinfection doesnst cause a delay in seroconversion of hiv or interference in an antibody test?

Also I want to ask;I know the 3 month mark is supposed to be conclusive  but  there's so much discussion on forums(and I presume in the medical world as well) wether or not 6 weeks is conclusive, in massachuettes it is (unless u had a transplant,chemo,...) .
Do any of u know or got knowledge of someone turned positve after testing negative at 6 weeks?and if not then why do the moderaters and members stick with the 13 weeks?
I know the cdc is conservative, as pointed out many times by some of u just to cover their ass, but isnt this site of what I read ...liberal?No danger in oral,etc...
Surfing the net I just got so confused and really hope u can shine some light on it.

Thank u

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 01:21:01 pm »
Sorry to bother u again but I forgot to mention that the hcv and syphilis test also came back negative,after the 6 weeks mark.

thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:35:12 pm »
So a possible coinfection doesnst cause a delay in seroconversion of hiv or interference in an antibody test?

Also I want to ask;I know the 3 month mark is supposed to be conclusive  but  there's so much discussion on forums(and I presume in the medical world as well) wether or not 6 weeks is conclusive, in massachuettes it is (unless u had a transplant,chemo,...) .
Do any of u know or got knowledge of someone turned positve after testing negative at 6 weeks?and if not then why do the moderaters and members stick with the 13 weeks?
I know the cdc is conservative, as pointed out many times by some of u just to cover their ass, but isnt this site of what I read ...liberal?No danger in oral,etc...
Surfing the net I just got so confused and really hope u can shine some light on it.

Thank u

It is uncommon for anyone turn positive after a negative at 6 weeks.

We continue to follow the CDC indication for testing at 13 weeks. With the increased sensitivity of HIV tests it is likely that at some point that testing point will be reduced, but for the timebeing for a uniform point of reference we are still going with 13 weeks.

Co-infection does not delay the accuracy of an HIV test.

Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 08:14:14 am »
Baradias,

Sorry for the late delay. I would have responded much sooner if I'd seen your initial post, but I've been a bit under the weather lately.

I've had extensive discussions about this coinfection testing thing with one of my colleagues (I have an interest in hep C as I used to be hep C positive). Neither of us have ever seen anything to indicate that a prolonged hiv seroconversion period when coinfection has occurred is normal.

We have both heard of cases, but it has only happened a few, rare times and every time it was in people who had been injecting street drugs, every day, for years and therefore had an already severely compromised immune system, which is common in long-term IV drug users.

Massachusetts is the only place in the world who currently hold with a six week conclusive result. While I do fully expect that to change in the next few years, for now most countries go by a three month conclusive result. While we do not say that six weeks is conclusive, we do know that a six week negative is highly unlikely to change. There's no harm in confirming that at three months. 

You still haven't told us why you think you were at risk for this triple whammy. ?

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 12:25:47 pm »
Thanks Andyand Ann for the respons.

The reason why I think I might have been at risk is that I visited a sexworker who 1: gave me an unprocted blow-job with cumming in her mouth which was quite rough(the foreskin was somewhat inflamed and the head of my penis did hurt somewhat the next days) and the 2 reason for my fear is somewhat weird.
Sometime after I was blown we kept making out(passionate deep kissing) but I noticed that she had cracked skin with a bit of blood(not running blood,just very recent small opened wounds) which I definetly kissed,and touched and what have u.Our making out was also quite rough(just 2 very horny people).

I think she was a drug user,she looked so dazed and confused and that is why(afterwards ofcourse) my anxiety began.

Because of the blood first came the fear for hiv and later hcv,ofcourse surfing the net where u always find somethin to confirm those fears.and began reading on some sites about cases of delayed seroconversion due to coinfection.

I came to this site and read of others who had been in contact with blood after playing it rough and altough I did not had intercourse,there was blood present,not pouring but still.

Thanks in advance for a reply

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2011, 12:30:09 pm »
You never had an HIV exposure. Oral sex and kissing does not transmit HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 12:53:19 pm »
Baradias,

As Rodney says, neither kissing (deep or otherwise) nor getting a blowjob are risks for hiv or hep C. Nobody has ever been infected with either through kissing or oral and you are not going to be the first.

You do not need any further testing over this NO RISK kissing and blowjob incident. You are conclusively hiv and hep C negative.

Here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER TESTING OVER THIS CURRENT CONCERN anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

One more time - you do NOT need further testing over this incident. You are conclusively hiv and hep C negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 01:43:33 pm »
Thanks Ann and Rod,

So,that i might have kissed(pretty I did) some small open wounds isnt a risk,for hiv and hcv?Because thats what is worrying,the contact with blood

I appreciate your respons

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2011, 02:01:10 pm »
You are worrying needlessly. Let it go and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 12:27:15 pm »
Hello,

I tested negative at the 12 week mark but I forgot to mention at the testing centre that about 16 day's prior I had a vaccination shot for japanese encefalitus and typhoid fever due to the travelling im going to do,so I want to ask to the members here if this could have interfered with the test result?

Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 12:29:50 pm »
No, those shots would not affect the accuracy of your test results. You are HIV negative. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 09:47:22 am »

hi everyone,

A few days ago i had another 'incident'.I was sitting in a bar with mostly african sex workers(a group of high hiv prevelance),I didnt engaged in any sexual activity but the thing is,I received a kiss on the cheeck which i woudnt have bothered about at all if it wasnt for the fact the I still had a very small cut from shaving that morning so u can already feel the obvious question arriving:Was I danger,not necessarely by her salive on the relatively fresh wound but maybe she had also a small open wound on her lips or little particles of blood in her saliva.
So now sexual activity just a big wet kiss on the cheeck(where I had a cut,and so;e mosquito bites)

The second questions is also situated in the same place.Later that evening a fight started between one of the girls and a custo;er which left the girl to be stabbed in her arm and a blood spilling.This all happened close to me and yes,maybe for alll you far fetched,but Im scared that in the midst of the chaos that was going on blood could have landed on my eye,maybe small particles in the eye,it was all so confussing and so much pushing around when it happened that im really scared som of her or even his blood landed on my skin(eye,nose some small open wound like the one on my cheeck)

The reason of my anxiety is the presence of blood,i've hadnt had sex in the last 6 months and had my tests taken with a negative outcome but now I maybe could be in danger because something I really didnt had a
 hand in.

Its been a long post and forgive me for that but I really hope u dont dismiss me as an ignorant idiot.

Thank u

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 10:35:25 am »
Again you are worrying needlessly i.e. a kiss on the cheek. HIV is a fragile virus and not passed in that manner. Your other concern about blood flying into your eye is strictly in the what if category and has more to do with your own phobic concerns about HIV than any real risk for transmission.

HIV is a fragile virus. Sexually the only confirmed risks are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. If you consistently use condoms for those activities you will be well protected.

African, shmafrican. It is not who you are with ethnically or racially. It is about what you do with that person. And as long as you are consistently using condoms you will be effectively protected.

You need to begin applying these concepts in your life going forward and not come running here everytime you have another irrational and scary thought about HIV. If you come back with more what ifs and non-risks you are very quickly going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site.

Additionally, if you find that these kinds of unfounded concerns about HIV are continuing to bother you, you might find it worthwhile to discuss them with a counselor. We cannot provide that kind of service in this setting.

As of now HIV is not your problem. Your unfounded fears are the issue.
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 11:00:36 am »
Your right Andy but if blood from an infected person would come in contact with an eye or wound could this be a danger?I presume healthcare workers have been effected in that manner.
And I wrote that I wasnt worried about the kiss but the small wound I have on that cheeck coming in contact with her mouth which was quite wet.

I certainly didnt want to be disrespectfull towards african women but they( even more so the sexworkers) are among the groups with the highest hiv prevelance.

Thanks again

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 11:12:44 am »
Bar,

You need to understand that the crap they feed you about "risk groups" is just that - crap.

Sexually speaking, the ONLY true risk group of people who have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse. That's a huge risk group and includes most of the people in the world over the age of sixteen or so. It's not WHO you do, it's HOW you do it.

We've already explained to you that kissing is not a risk - it doesn't matter where you are kissed either or what sort of wounds you have in the place being kissed.

Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. Not one person has ever been infected through kissing of any sort and you will not be the first.

You're being ridiculous about the blood in the eye thing. Unless you were right in the middle of this fight and ended up dripping and covered in blood, you were not in the slightest risk. As for health care workers, nobody has actually been infected this way. It's purely a theoretical thing.

As Andy said, this is all about your hiv phobia and nothing to do with the actual science of hiv transmission.

You WILL be given that time out Andy warned you about if you insist on going on and on about your latest NO RISK worries. Please consider yourself warned for the last time!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 12:08:58 pm »
Hello Andy,Ann, and the rest of the moderaters.

I know my question is going to raise your eyebrows again but the fear is nevertheless there.
Yesterday I went to an internecafe sat down and noticed I sat in chewed gum,It was just used so undoubtely full of saliva and maybe so;e small particles of blood,so while I was cursing I tried to remove it with my fingers,nails.

My question is;Is there any change that while trying to remove the gum I got infected.I did use the top of vingers but I I bite my nails so coudnt it have made contact with damaged skin under the nail?

I mean the pre-chewed gum,still fresh with saliva and maybe some small blood particles(after all, chewed gum has stayed in someones mouth some time and has picked up everything that it can pick up in the mouth).

Everybody who tried to remove gum knows what a mess it is and how long it takes,with a lot of squeezing and pressing of the fingers with the gum.It absolutely got under my nails.

I read on the net that there were several case studies of infants who got infected by what can only been through chewed by the mother first so if that is a way pre-chewed gum is certainly,no?

Please dont dismisse my question,I thank u in advance

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 01:11:52 pm »
HIV is not passed from environmental surfaces such as gum, toilet seats, doorknobs, food, nicks at the barber or dishes and utensils.

You are worrying needlessly and you ought to know by now what the real risks are from the many responses you have received here. Re-read them.

We're not going to indulge you any further in these frankly silly inquiries. I'm giving you a 28 day Time Out that you have been warned about. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name for yourself. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned.

HIV is not your problem and it won't be as long as you don't share needles for intravenous drug us and as long as you always use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse. Period.

Cut out the drama and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
possible infection
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 11:42:06 am »
Hello to Ann,Andy and all the other moderators.

I posted  here before with paranoia about possible coinfection of hiv and hepatitus c and deservately got a 28 day ban.
But now I really did had a risk encounter.

A few days ago I had my first sexual experience with a transgender.It started with oral sex,me the 1 that got blown,and anal intercourse,me the top.
At all times I wore a condom but because it switched from oral to anal,anal to oral and back again with the condom often sliding down to half of my penis shaft.It was pullled down again to the beginning of my penis shaft with me coming eventually inside him.
As I pulled back my penis I did see that I came inside the condom since I saw tip of the condom full of semen so I dont think it broke.
But my fear is that because of the switching between oral an anal with sometimes the condom not always at the beginning of the base,there might have been unvisible bloodparticles or other liquids from inside the anus underneath my condom when the moments came that my penis was half it shaft and pulled back again to the beginning.Th head of  my penis was always covered  but I thaught that to have full protection the shaft of the penis has to be full covered from the beginning of the shaft to the top.Afterall,if the condom starts to glide there are liquids,my precum i presum that got undernieth the condom and therefore make a bridge between the inside and outside of the condom at the beginning of the condom:

I really do appreciate a quick answer since I am terrified and forgive me for my poor english

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 11:52:29 am »
What you have described is safer sex.

The tip of your penis, called the urethra, is the important part to cover. Yours was covered. There was no risk.

You will not get infected through invisible particles making their way up the condom. HIV requires direct contact, and what you described is not that.

Again, there was NO risk in the situation you described.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 01:20:09 pm »
Thank u for the reply,

Yes,the tip of my penis was all the time covered,the condom never came off.
but for example,if u put on a latex glove and u poor a bit of water on the edge it slowly but surely goes to the fingertips and the hiv virus is microscopical so...
I always presumed that a condom has to stay tight at the base of the penis not to let any particles "slip" undernieth the condom.
As I described in my previous mail the condom was sometimes half the base so if liquids,wether from my precum,sperm,anus or invisble blood,was on that part of the uncovered part of the penis shaft and later u put the condom back to the base particles are also then again been covered under the condom which then can find its way immediately to the foreskin and the tip.

I know I becoming paranoid again but since this is is about anal contact I am so scared:that a sneaky little hiv virus waiting on the uncovered part of the shaft to be covered again by the condom.

Waiting for your answer

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 01:29:20 pm »
I also like to add that after I came I pulled out with the condom still on my penis and waited a minute or so before removing it with a piece of toilet paper to remove it:I dont know if that was good or if I should have removed the condom immediately after pulling back

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 02:33:05 pm »
You are worrying needlessly. The details of how and when you removed the condom are irrelevant. The essential fact is that the head of your penis remained covered during anal intercourse.

There is no need for concern about HIV in relation to this incident.
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 04:54:07 pm »
Im sorry to if I post to much but this is a quot I found on the internet about condom use and anal sex

Are condoms strong enough for anal intercourse?
The Surgeon General (C. Everett Koop, Surgeon General 1982-1989) has said, "Condoms provide some protection, but anal intercouse is simply too dangerous to practice"

Condoms may be more likely to break during anal intercourse than during other types of sex because of the greater amount of friction and other stresses involved.

Even if the condom doesn't break, anal intercourse is very risky because it can cause tissue in the rectum to tear and bleed. These tears allow disease germs to pass more easily from one partner to the other.

I found it so disturbing reading this because everybody who wants to practise safe sex is told to wear a condom

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 05:00:17 pm »
is it also not possible for a condom to be damaged after use?I saw that the tip of my condom was filled with sperm but maybe there were very tiny wholes?

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 05:02:05 pm »
Also what  jkinatl2 subscribes as "safer sex" but not safe sex

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 05:15:53 pm »
The only absolutely safe sex is with your own hand. Otherwise there is always theoretically risk.

But we know from experience and science that consistent use of condoms for vaginla and anal intercourse is a very effective means of preventing HIV transmission. You simply take the best precaution by using a condom.

Condom breakage is not about itty bitty little holes. It doesn't happen that way. When a condom fails it is quite obvious what has happened. The whole thing goes and ends up looking like a hoop with a lot of fringe on the penis.

Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2012, 05:55:42 pm »
Also what  jkinatl2 subscribes as "safer sex" but not safe sex

There is no such thing as "safe sex" except masturbation. "Safer Sex" is the term we have used for over fifteen years now. I understand your eagerness to continue worrying, but parsing my words will not accomplish that goal.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2012, 06:16:16 am »
Bar,

Come off it. If you're going to quote Surgeon Generals at us, at least pick one who was SG in modern times (in terms of what we know about hiv transmission). Koop was SG in the 80s when we knew eff-all about hiv transmission. Koop was SG under Reagan - the president who couldn't even bring himself to utter the word "aids", much less do anything about it. Give me a break.

Since Koop's time, there have been studies specifically looking at hiv transmission. These studies took place in this century, not last century. There have been three long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one.

Condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection, regardless of whether one is engaging in anal or vaginal intercourse.

I suggest that if you're going to search the internet for hiv transmission information, you disregard anything written before the year 2000. Better yet, stop searching the internet. If you want correct up-to-date information, stick with this website.

You should also read through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them correctly and with confidence.

You didn't have a risk, as you've been told. If you keep coming back with more about your latest NO RISK incident, or more outdated quotes, you WILL be given another time out - and this one will last for 56 days. Please consider yourself warned for the last time!!!

Provided you have COMPLETE sexual health check ups at least once a year, you aren't going to have anything to worry about. (re-read reply #10 in this thread)

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2012, 05:55:54 pm »
Ann,

That is just why I am scared,although now a bit more reassured,the condom was put on correctly but as I explained, it moved often to half of penis shaft so I had to pull it back again.
Lube I didnt use but since after I came I saw that the tip of the condom was with sperm,nothing dripped out.But Andy said if It would have broken the condom would have been empty as I understand it.

Thank  u

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2012, 06:04:02 pm »
And if it had broken/failed you would have known because it would have been obvious to the naked eye. A failed condom is not about itty bitty little holes as people often imagine. The whole thing goes and ends up looking like a hoop with fringe on your penis.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2012, 08:15:39 am »
Bar,

It doesn't matter if the shaft of your penis was exposed. Skin is an excellent barrier where hiv is concerned and the skin on your shaft is no different to the skin on your fingers - and as we all know, fingering is NOT a risk for hiv infection.

What's important is that the head of your penis was covered - and it was. You're worrying for no good reason, so knock it off. Stop it. Calm down. You weren't at risk.

As Andy said, if the condom broke, you would KNOW. It didn't. Knock it off. Stop it. Calm down. You weren't at risk.

You might want to find condoms that fit you better. The Condoms are a Girl's Best Friend link in my signature line has information on condom sizing. That website is available in several different languages so if English is not your first language, you may find one in the drop-down list at the top of the page that you're more comfortable with. Get reading!

Now go away and do something useful. OK?

Ann
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:17:23 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 06:17:39 pm »
Hello everyone,

I was reassured but ,maybe stupid I know,I went to read the blog of a "new dark horse" at just infected and he described that he always used protection,and that the only way he can think of infection is friction at the anus.
So after reading that, then what to think of the answers I received about that is completely safe if the tip of the penis covered?
Now I get these panic attacks that maybe I am one of those very,very few unlucky ones.

thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 06:36:35 pm »
If you can't let go of your unwarranted fears about HIV then you might consider seeing a counselor or other professional to get some help.

Your history here is of coming here repeatedly over non-risk happenings. We're not going to continue to indulge you in whatever your latest burst of anxiety is. You've been told very specifically and repeatedly what is risky sexually and what isn't.

If you come back here with more of the same you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site. HIV is not your problem. Consider yourself warned.   
Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 11:09:31 pm »
When people are first diagnosed, they often obsess over the source for their infection.

Some people are ashamed to admit that, in 2012, they have even temporarily ignored safer sex practices. This is especially true of men it seems. It's far easier to claim that you've been an "innocent victim" in the face of a stigma-ridden illness such as HIV.  Of course, the truth of the matter is, it's a virus, not a moral judgment. This often takes time to sink in.

Other people are afraid. Perhaps their partners have access to this site and would read about indiscretions to which they had not admitted. Others are in dysfunctional relationships with controlling spouses and are not aware of what's happening in their own household.

Some people misremember things that happen while drunk or using drugs.

The science behind the transmission of HIV has clarified hugely since the dawn of lifesaving drugs.

There are only so many cells that HIV can latch onto, and only so many limited circumstances that this can happen. This is often unknown to newly infected people, whose knowledge of HIV is often rudimentary.

Almost to a person, a year or two post-diagnosis, very few if any remain in that unhealthy, uneducated place. Why? Because the science behind the life-saving medications utilizes the SAME SCIENCE behind transmission theory. For the life of me I don't understand how you could accept and trust the former, yet insist on rejecting the latter.

I didn't even start on the absurdity of you trawling the Newly Infected forums in order to fuel your fears. Feeding on the detritus of scared and ignorant people should have been beneath you.

Welcome Thread

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2012, 06:00:27 pm »
First I want to apologize for trawling the newly infected forums as jkinatl2 points out to feed my fears.

Last weekend I had another encounter with a transgender prostitute,a pleasent one I might add.
I penetrated anal with condom but not with water based lube,it inserted not difficult so that is why I guess I didnt thaught of that.The tip of the condom was quite filled so I guess it didnt break.

What I am concerned about is that afterwards I also received oral sex,deeptroath and sometimes quite rough,I did cum in his mouth where he did kept my penis in his mouth for some seconds after cumming.

My second concern is that the day before I had a deep cut in my finger which he sucked on for a while:I wouldnt think much of it and it didnt bleed anymore but it was still a deep cut so could it have been that enough salive coming in contact with a deep cut transmit hiv?

My third concern,and yes this might be quite silly,but he gave me a rather big hickey on my neck:

thank u

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2012, 06:23:38 pm »
Nothing you are reporting has put you at risk for HIV, which you should well know by now as the basics have been given to you repeatedly.

I am giving you a second Time Out which you have been warned about repeatedly for coming here again and again over non-risk events. This time it's for 56 days. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new account. We'll spot that right off and it will get you permanently banned.

HIV is not your problem and it won't be as long as you consistently use condoms for vaginal and anal intercourse. Yes, it is just that simple.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 06:30:28 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
scratches and bite marks
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2012, 10:14:28 am »
sad to be here again and maybe unecessary.Last night I had an encounter with a she male prostitute.There was no anal involved but there was oral(me the recipient).The condom wasnt completely covered over the penis.The head yes,but I had to pull the condom several times back.
What I am most worried about is that she was very horney and scrached me on the back and chest during our making out.It is visible and I have a very tiny wound in the middle of my chest.Also a  big hickey in my neck.The kissing was also heavy and I didnt see any visible blood on the lips enough of his saliva entered my mouth and possible wounds,I dont know about if he was maybe bleeding a bit,not visible for the naked eye.she did bit me.
I feel so worried again ,not just for me but I am married and dont wont to put my wife at risk.

Stupid me

Thank u and hope for a quick reply

Offline baradias

• Standard
Re: scratches and bite marks
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2012, 10:41:41 am »
can i have an answer please,im so scared

Offline baradias

• Standard
Re: scratches and bite marks
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2012, 01:40:36 pm »
maybe an answer from the other members if possible

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2012, 05:21:58 pm »
I've merged your threads here. As you should know by now this is the only thread you are supposed to be writing in as stated in the opening thread of this section. And stop with the private messages or you are going to be in trouble here.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. Only unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse are confirmed risks for the sexual transmission of HIV.

There is no risk for HIV in anything you are reporting. We're not going to indulge you in another endless round of worries and what ifs. Cut out the hysteria and get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »
im sorry if I have sended private messages,that was not my intention.As I wrote earlier,its been a while and with the new rules I forgot I forgot how the system worked.

So Andy,there is absolutely nothing to be worried about ,when your scratched,or bitten(saliva,small,invisible particles of blood,etc...)

Thank u once again

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2012, 06:51:59 pm »
If u can indulge one more time.That night  my gum was a bit open  on the inside,I dont know if that adds to the risk:It is an open wound so no matter how small it is it is a posssible way to infect no

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2012, 06:53:21 pm »
due to a bit to much flossing and to rough brushing

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 09:27:58 pm »
That's right, there is nothing for you to be worried about.

You have already had 2 Time Outs. If you come back again with more non-risk worries you are going to find yourself getting banned from the site. There is no 3rd Time Out. Sexual risk for HIV is very simple. It's about unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse.

Stop making it more complicated than it really is.   
Andy Velez

Offline baradias

• Standard
« Reply #48 on: December 23, 2012, 09:59:22 am »
u can stilll can get a time out,even now u have to pay for posting here ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 10:11:58 am »
Yes, that's right.

Your having paid a fee does not entitle you to endlessly bring up non-risks and get responses for repeatedly for things you must know by now are not risks.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.