Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:13:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 349
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bachmann Won’t Seek Re-election Next Year  (Read 15148 times)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Bachmann Won’t Seek Re-election Next Year
« on: May 29, 2013, 10:45:18 am »
Best news I've read in a long time.  It seems that she is being investigated for problems with her presidential campaign.  Grab a seat and some popcorn.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/30/us/politics/michele-bachmann-wont-seek-re-election-next-year.html?hp&_r=0

Joe

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Bachmann Won’t Seek Re-election Next Year
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:05:57 am »
Its a sad day for political satirist across the globe , she will be missed .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 01:54:29 pm »
This is a very sad loss but somehow we will manage to get on... Somehow.
Andy Velez

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 02:17:28 pm »
This is bad news for Marcus.  He is use to having her away for long periods.  He will now have to sleep with her every night.  He must be devastated. 

She claims this has nothing to do with the investigation.  However, she just recently released a campaign style video.  She barely won last time.  Who will fill the void of making up "facts?"  She was the best, but there is no shortage to fill that void. 

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »
This is bad news for Marcus. 

Marcus may be the ideal husband in many ways judging from what little I have seen of him on tv . I bet he picks out ALL of her outfits , does her hair and wouldn't dream of burdening her with decorating the house ... I heard the man she fell in love with is still a snappy dresser and has the most extensive knowledge of classic movies and show tunes of any man she ever met .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 03:07:30 pm »
Pictures to Burn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCMqcFAigRg

If we took away the minimum wage -- if conceivably it was gone -- we could potentially virtually wipe out unemployment completely because we would be able to offer jobs at whatever level." -Michele Bachmann, Jan. 2005

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline buginme2

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 04:09:42 pm »
I couldn't give a toss about Bachmann.  However, I find it rather sad that immediately the conversation has turned to making fun of her husband because he demonstrates some feminine characteristics.  Assuming he is gay and therefore that may open him up to justifiable ridicule.  And this ridicule, coming from gay men is shocking.  I will never in my life understand how gay men will make fun of someone who they think may be gay.

There is so much about Michelle Bachman that deserves to be made fun.  It's a shame that we immediately go to "her husband may be secretly gay" jokes.

Sorry, I will get off my soap box now. I don't mean to ruin the fun.  That just bothered me. I apologize everyone.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 04:30:12 pm »
OH just lighten up Bugs , If my finding humor in the fact that an effeminate heterosexual who is loud and vocal about depriving me of my civil right's is offending you then so be it , I cant apologize for what I'm not sorry for . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 04:52:30 pm »
I couldn't give a toss about Bachmann.  However, I find it rather sad that immediately the conversation has turned to making fun of her husband because he demonstrates some feminine characteristics.  Assuming he is gay and therefore that may open him up to justifiable ridicule.  And this ridicule, coming from gay men is shocking.  I will never in my life understand how gay men will make fun of someone who they think may be gay.

There is so much about Michelle Bachman that deserves to be made fun.  It's a shame that we immediately go to "her husband may be secretly gay" jokes.

Sorry, I will get off my soap box now. I don't mean to ruin the fun.  That just bothered me. I apologize everyone.

Hey Bug,

I think folks make fun of both of them because they have shown themselves to be craven hypocrites.  Marcus is as gay as they come, yet has no problem bilking the taxpayers for his "gay reparation" therapy.  He's married to a woman who equates being gay as being evil, she rallies against government largesse, yet has no problem accepting government subsidies for being a foster parent and farm subsidies.  She's a woman who would limit the rights of women, because she knows that her god wants.

They both deserve our scorn, because they are liars and hypocrites.  How a gay man could marry a woman who is so vehemently against anything involving homosexuality, is beyond description.  She has done more to "dumb down" America than almost any other representative.  She hasn't sponsored, let alone passed any meaningful legislation and the only thing she is consistent about is being totally bat-shit crazy.

Where you read ridicule, I read scorn and I imagine most folks might make fun of them rather than doing the Tea Party thing and putting bulls-eyes on their pictures.

Joe

Offline mecch

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 05:06:40 pm »
Bug, I agree with Kill and Jeff. Twinkle Toes looks like he might be a lot of fun. Its the craven hypocrisy that provokes our derision.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 05:54:20 pm »
Bug -- I was with you as I read this thread too.  If we are going to scorn his hypocrisy, that is find and dandy, but what I am reading is just an attack on his effeminate mannerisms. 
Is he gay?  I don't know -- I haven't slept with him.  If he is gay, I actually feel more sorry for him than scorn -- his self-loathing must be close to unbearable.  Yes, his actions are reprehensible - so let's go at that, but let's stay away from ridiculing him with the same stereotypical attributes that many of us were attacked with for years (and may still be).

as for his bat-shit crazy wife -- well, there aren't enough words to describe...........  but I certainly ain't going to cry over her departure from Congress.  Not that she had a shot at another term anyway -- of course, she DOES still get her Congressional pension -- perhaps, her fiscally conservative self will give it back.  You know -- for the good of the country and all.

M

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 06:16:23 pm »
I don't know if I want to live in a world where you cant giggle at big ole bear with jazz hands .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline wolfter

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 06:21:30 pm »
I sure hope someone as riculously ignorant runs, I'd hate to miss out the humor aspect of it all.

W
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 09:52:21 pm »
I hope she's retiring so she has plenty of time to go fuck herself.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 10:21:43 am »
Marcus Bachmann is a self righteous nut.
The fact that he has been outspoken in public about his warped homosexual views allows criticism.
Sorry, but I do have to laugh at what has been said.
Just imagine if Truman Capote or Liberace were straight and were demonizing gay people.
I know it isn't PC but...

Marcus is such a kind, loving, and open minded guy.
Watch this and send him some love. :)
http://youtu.be/d8spCOEePSo

Oh, and my sister lives in her district and has been trying to vote her out of office from day 1.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:24:01 am by mitch777 »
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 03:44:06 pm »
Marcus Bachmann is a self righteous nut.
The fact that he has been outspoken in public about his warped homosexual views allows criticism.
Sorry, but I do have to laugh at what has been said.
Just imagine if Truman Capote or Liberace were straight and were demonizing gay people.
I know it isn't PC but...

Marcus is such a kind, loving, and open minded guy.
Watch this and send him some love. :)
http://youtu.be/d8spCOEePSo

Oh, and my sister lives in her district and has been trying to vote her out of office from day 1.

I want to ensure that folks didn't misunderstand my earlier post.

I have NO ISSUE with people calling Marcus out for the hypocrite that he is or for his insane war on homosexuals.  He is, quite frankly, a horrible human being.  What was bothering me was that people weren't doing THAT -- they were simply mocking him as effeminate and using other stereotypical gay "slurs" (slurs in str8 people's minds anyway).  Simply put, he was being mocked for how he presents and not for what he stands for.  This is the same type of stuff that I, and I'm sure many others on here, went through and it simply didn't sit right with me.  There are MORE THAN ENOUGH reasons of substance to mock and slam him, without making "being nelly" out to be something that we should ridicule.

If folks wish to continue down that path, fine -- I simply had to state how it hit me.

Mike

Offline buginme2

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 04:22:39 pm »

Hey Bug,

I think folks make fun of both of them because they have shown themselves to be craven hypocrites.  Marcus is as gay as they come, yet has no problem bilking the taxpayers for his "gay reparation" therapy.  He's married to a woman who equates being gay as being evil, she rallies against government largesse, yet has no problem accepting government subsidies for being a foster parent and farm subsidies.  She's a woman who would limit the rights of women, because she knows that her god wants.

They both deserve our scorn, because they are liars and hypocrites.  How a gay man could marry a woman who is so vehemently against anything involving homosexuality, is beyond description.  She has done more to "dumb down" America than almost any other representative.  She hasn't sponsored, let alone passed any meaningful legislation and the only thing she is consistent about is being totally bat-shit crazy.

Where you read ridicule, I read scorn and I imagine most folks might make fun of them rather than doing the Tea Party thing and putting bulls-eyes on their pictures.

Joe

Hi Joe, I agree with most everything you wrote.  I don't think we are that far apart in our thinking.  He is a vile man.  His "reparative therapy" bullshit should be illegal and he should be publicly called out for supporting such a thing. It's abhorrent.

However, when we do publically call him out, as we should.  We should stand up and scream that this is wrong.  But I don't think we should say he is wrong because he has some feminine characteristics so he must be "a closet case" or secretly gay.  I believe when we do that we are equating being gay with being bad.

As Mike said, it reminds me of when I was a kid and people called me a fag.  I was singled out because I wasn't as masculine as the other boys and I was made to feel like I was trash because people thought I was gay

It hurts me to see my own community, as adults, use the same words that were used against me. 

If there can be masculine gay men is it not possible for there to be some feminine straight men? 

Bottom line.......I do not believe there is such a thing as Justifiable Homophobia

Offline mecch

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »
Its not a mocking by us of his effeminacy. It's called a "riposte" - its throwing that couple's "horror of the gay" back into their own plainly obvious hot seat.  We're saying, screw you, hypocrites.  And by the way, your projection is transparently shameless.  You are your own nightmares.  The christian charity. The normative heterosexuality.  Screw you. Eat your own truth.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »
Many of those Pray the Gay Away groups attempt to make men behave in a more masculine manner.  They tell them to stop using their hands to speak.  From what I have read, some will smack their hands, if they use them while speaking.  They should not be interested in fashion.  They are scolded for being too groomed.  They should walk like John Wayne.  So, it is comical that he is so stereotypically gay (nothing wrong with being effeminate), while running programs trying to force those behaviors out of others.

Offline zach

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 06:12:15 pm »
coming out of the silent corner to say i am completely with bug and bocker.  :'( haven't we faced enough hate without hating ourselves? it hurts.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 06:33:41 pm »
Its not a mocking by us of his effeminacy. It's called a "riposte" - its throwing that couple's "horror of the gay" back into their own plainly obvious hot seat.  We're saying, screw you, hypocrites.  And by the way, your projection is transparently shameless.  You are your own nightmares.  The christian charity. The normative heterosexuality.  Screw you. Eat your own truth.
yes.

Many of those Pray the Gay Away groups attempt to make men behave in a more masculine manner.  They tell them to stop using their hands to speak.  From what I have read, some will smack their hands, if they use them while speaking.  They should not be interested in fashion.  They are scolded for being too groomed.  They should walk like John Wayne.  So, it is comical that he is so stereotypically gay (nothing wrong with being effeminate), while running programs trying to force those behaviors out of others.

yes again.

I understand where Mike and Bugs are coming from but the humor expressed was not intended to mock and stereotype effeminate men (whether they be gay or straight). It was intended to... (read Mecch's post again as I couldn't say it better).

Lighten up and see the humor as it was intended.
 :)

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 06:56:25 pm »
Bottom line.......I do not believe there is such a thing as Justifiable Homophobia

Hey Bug,

I agreed with your entire response, until I got to the line above and all I can ask is: You can't possibly be serious?  Justifiable Homophobia?  Where?  In this thread?  Hardly.

Homophobia is the fear or hatred of homosexuals and I cannot reconcile a few stabs at Marcus as illustrating a fear or hatred of anything, other than brazen hypocrites.  I find your comparison to be very distasteful and to allude to homophobic behaviour, by our own members, on this forum no less, strikes me as beyond the pale.

If you want to describe the joking as demeaning or some other characterization, I have no issue, however, I've been gay bashed, more than once and nothing is this thread arises to the level, where being called homophobic is justified.  What I find frustrating, is that you claim that we should not denigrate Marcus, based on personal observation, that labelling him as effeminate is demeaning, because we all know how "labels" can hurt.

Then you turn right around and place the label of Justifiable Homophobia on some of the comments here.

Talk about eating our own.

Joe

Offline buginme2

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 07:52:57 pm »
I'm not calling anyone out as being homophobic.  I was just making a point that its not ok to denigrate someone on the basis of real or perceived "gayness" simply because you don't agree with their political or religious views.  Simply because he is a royal dickhead does not justify calling him a fag, so to speak.

Offline mecch

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 10:49:37 pm »
I'm not calling anyone out as being homophobic.  I was just making a point that its not ok to denigrate someone on the basis of real or perceived "gayness" simply because you don't agree with their political or religious views.  Simply because he is a royal dickhead does not justify calling him a fag, so to speak.

Earth to planet Bug?
Did you follow the story at all?  These are public figures, and Mr. Bachman had a pray-away-the-gay "treatment" center. And on the public dime, no less... 

http://gawker.com/5820437/marcus-bachmanns-big-gay-mess

He may not even be a "psychologist". 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2013903/Michele-Bachmann-husband-accused-using-fake-treatments-cure-gay-people.html

If he's not gay, fine. I'm still happy to call him a fag because he hates fags.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:22:04 pm by mecch »

Offline bocker3

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 07:54:35 am »
Earth to planet Bug?
Did you follow the story at all?  These are public figures, and Mr. Bachman had a pray-away-the-gay "treatment" center. And on the public dime, no less... 

did YOU follow Bug's reasoning at all????  He never said that Marcus should not be held up to ridicule for his actions.  He, and I, are simply saying that it seems wrong to us that people ridicule him for his perceived gayness vs. for his actions. 
It sort of similar to some from the right using depiction of the President or First Lady as gangsta's or in tribal settings rather than commenting on any policy issues they might have.  Although, I am sure the folks here are not coming from the same place of hate as those folks likely are.

If he's not gay, fine. I'm still happy to call him a fag because he hates fags.

Why?  Because being a fag is a bad thing? Replace that word with the "N" word and tell me it's still OK??   ::)
There is so much that CAN and SHOULD be called out on Mr. And Mrs. Bachmann -- we don't need to reinforce insults and stereotypes used against US to do so.

M

Offline mecch

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2013, 11:11:31 am »
Who can say the "n" word is a similar kind of reasoning....

When the late night TV hosts made gay jokes about Marcus, and these hosts are assumed to be straight, I still didn't hear them as homophobia.  I don't hear it as  hatred to the gays. I don't hear it as denigration of effeminacy nor an unfortunate confonding of gay with effeminacy, or vice versa.  Why not?  Because John Stewart and Jay Leno do not display homophobia otherwise.. Or rarely, and not with hateful intent.   They were doing just what some in this thread were doing.  Ripostes. A taste of the Bachmann's own medicine.  Some of us have malleable frameworks, allow play in a language and on the part of speaker, which allows satire and irony to work. 

So this: "Although, I am sure the folks here are not coming from the same place of hate as those folks likely are."

Precisely.  That is the reason some of us, in fact, allow twinkle toe jokes about Marcus.  Personally, it makes me laugh and purges my anger, at them, and at homophobia, because it is a public conversation and others see the hypocrisy as well. 

I guess we have to agree to disagree because we are talking at cross purposes here.  Some seem to be drawing very very solid lines in the sand about who can't say what. 

In the context of the USA, african americans decided who can use the N-word, in all contexts. The rules about how it can be used.

I don't remember any "gay community" deciding there was a steadfast rule about who can say someone else is gay, or when or under what conditions. CERTAINLY there is not a rule if it is being done to call out homophobia...   "Obama is the first gay president." That was clever and pro-gay.  Similar situation for effeminacy. 

I guess what bocker and ted are saying is, just call out the homophobia and leave it at that.  I get the point.  Just doesn't satisfy enough, when there is such rich minefield of such craven hypocrisy.  And lack of a global view. And no sense of humour.  On the part of the targets...  That sanctimonious couple.  Ick.  She's not a "good" christian, nor a "good" american nor patriot, and he's a twinkle toes, who "one could imagine to be gay" and who "one could imagine might have to hate himself if in fact he is gay."

Whatever..  Thank god we don't have to join or respect the Bachmann brand of thought police, the finger pointing morality and identity games.   Bye bye to them.   
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 11:44:45 am by mecch »

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2013, 03:58:59 pm »
I guess what bocker and ted are saying is, just call out the homophobia and leave it at that.  I get the point.  Just doesn't satisfy enough, when there is such rich minefield of such craven hypocrisy.  And lack of a global view. And no sense of humour.  On the part of the targets...  That sanctimonious couple. 

I know you accidentally mixed up my name, but I just wanted to correct the record.   :)

Offline bocker3

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2013, 04:40:03 pm »
Who can say the "n" word is a similar kind of reasoning....

I can -- let's rephrase your wording....  "I'm still happy to call him a "N" because he hates "N".

So this: "Although, I am sure the folks here are not coming from the same place of hate as those folks likely are."

Precisely.  That is the reason some of us, in fact, allow twinkle toe jokes about Marcus.  Personally, it makes me laugh and purges my anger, at them, and at homophobia, because it is a public conversation and others see the hypocrisy as well. 

I guess we have to agree to disagree because we are talking at cross purposes here.  Some seem to be drawing very very solid lines in the sand about who can't say what.   
To be clear -- you can say whatever you want to say.  I know that you aren't coming from a homophobic place, however that still doesn't make it right.
If one of my grandchildren called someone a fag, I'd take them aside and tell them why that is wrong.
If one of them said to someone, "that's so gay" - I'd take them aside and tell them why that is wrong.

If you want to use those terms - have at it.  IMO, though, you are only serving to reinforce stigma by using those terms as weapons.

With that -- I'll agree with you -- we are going to have to agree to disagree, because as repugnant as Marcus and his bat-shit crazy wife are, I don't think focusing on his perceived gayness is the best way to make your points.

Of course, we DO agree he is repugnant -- which is the most important point of all.

Mike

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2013, 05:13:42 pm »
I was hoping this threads detour to the land of absurd would just go away but since its mainly my words that have led to the terms homophobia and accusing me of enforcing stigma is being thrown around casually I guess I have to speak up . I began my satirical joke by saying Marcus may be the IDEAL husband and in no way did I ever infer that these quality's made him inferior to any other human being , poking fun at his perceived gayness was to point out how homophobia and self loathing can hurt all of us . It doesn't take a psychoanalyst to see the reason why Marcus supports pray the gay away .   

All of you know damn well I was just making a joke and the joke was not unlike the ones all of or most of us gay guys do in a campy way , when we call each other queens or gurl its meant as tongue and cheek and not malicious . 

Here is a sampling of a few things said by gay guys to other gay guys on the forum .

o dear -- but I was staying with my gay uncle.  I do seem to recall him talking about some trick named Jeff -- a bit of a "southern belle" he called her, but a good time...... 

Oh please.....  There have been plenty of fruits all over your meat, Jeff dear!   

Plus -- you ain't wearing no speedo at MY pool after eating like that!!!   You will need to get one of those late 1800 swimsuits that all the fashionable ladies wore...

Happy birthday ol' girl!!

Oh you poor, sweet, demented queen.......

Hmmmmm...  what's that sound I hear??  Sounds a bit like a wimpering queen down in Texas........

mmmm???  Good point.  She will have to rent one.
You are pretty smart.....  For a Southern Belle.

Taken out of context these things I find endearing and funny could be held to the same standard , but that would be twisting someones words to imply cruelty where none was intended .

I do not feel like I did any thing wrong but if what I said caused pain to other members of this forum I do apologize .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2013, 05:24:52 pm »
With all of these epithets being hurled by members here at other members, we must all be self-loathing homophobics.  But we're not (well, not most of us, anyway).

I see the original point Jeff was making in his post of Marcus being the IDEAL husband, and I don't see how it is insulting or homophobic.  On the other hand, if we really don't think these kind of slurs or epithets are appropriate, then most members here have been inappropriate many times.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline mitch777

« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2013, 05:38:30 pm »
Thank you Jeff and Henry. :)

Offline bocker3

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2013, 06:17:47 pm »
Jeff --

Perhaps I got a little lost in my point....  I certainly do not see you as homophobic or mean spirited or anything like that.

I get the joking spirit and all and know that is what was meant.  Perhaps I was letting some of my own history bubble up.  Add that to really, really missing our little Charlie right now (for a little cat, he sure left a huge hole in this house), I'm far more sensitive than normal at the moment.

I certainly did not intend to call you anything or make you feel badly.

Hugs,
Mike

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2013, 06:36:45 pm »
 Now its time for a group hug and then on to our next adventure in support forum dialog .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2013, 06:42:05 pm »
Hey Bug,

"...She has done more to "dumb down" America than almost any other representative.  She hasn't sponsored, let alone passed any meaningful legislation and the only thing she is consistent about is being totally bat-shit crazy..."

Joe

8) ;) :) :D
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline buginme2

« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2013, 07:06:58 pm »
Now its time for a group hug and then on to our next adventure in support forum dialog .

Indeed group hug.  If I came across as calling anyone in this thread a homophobe i appologize.  We can all agree that she is bat shit crazy

Offline mitch777

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2013, 08:04:26 pm »
Thank you Bugs and Mike. :)
We ALL respect one another and this thread actually reaffirms my belief in the forums and our life connections.

SO sappy. but honest.

We are all under stress due to one thing or another.
Nice to see a group of people online can wind down together.
 :) :) :)
amazing.

Offline mecch

« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2013, 10:27:56 pm »
I know you accidentally mixed up my name, but I just wanted to correct the record.   :)

Yep sorry Ted i mean Bug of course :o

Offline wolfter

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2013, 12:10:35 am »
What I witnessed was strong discussion without directly attacking anyone for their opinions.  That's a great aspect of this forum. 

I'm just happy to say that I didn't understand most of it, excpet that they're both bat ass rabid. ;D

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2013, 07:54:47 pm »

Ed Schultz ripped Michele Bachmann a new one on his show on Saturday. A must watch, starting @ 1 minute 40 sec in :

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/45755822/ns/msnbc-the_ed_show/vp/52076889#52070259

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mecch

« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2013, 08:28:39 pm »
She deserves a Yiddish word.  She's done bumpkis as a legislator.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2013, 12:43:38 am »
She deserves a Yiddish word.  She's done bumpkis as a legislator.

If bumpkis is a yiddish word, then all of my kin know at least one.  But I don't know shit from apple butter according to my most beloved, dear beparted gma. 

Wolfie

Offline mecch

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2013, 10:50:20 am »
Its a form of bupkis, bupkes, bubkes - i think?  goat shit. nada. worthless. nothing. zilch.
I'm sure they cockamamy too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDkHRKQgOlY

Oops wrong thread. Then again, yiddish has LOTS of words apropos to Bachmann.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2013, 05:29:23 pm »
Colbert discussed her departure plans.  I have laughed so hard.  He shows video of her shooting campaign ads.  She doesn't disappoint and shows those wide eyes.

Michele Bachmann's Last Term http://on.cc.com/ZO4r3X

Offline mecch

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2013, 06:36:19 am »
The cupcakes clip is wonderful......ly horrifying.. 

It reminds me of Arsenic and Old Lace, the play/movie about sweet old aunties who gently explain their "compassionate" murders, as they are oblivious that they are narcissistic psychopaths.   (And the whole package is an irresistible witty comedy.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenic_and_Old_Lace_%28film%29
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 06:39:17 am by mecch »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.