Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:05:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 291
Total: 292

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What Christmas is all about  (Read 4362 times)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
What Christmas is all about
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:25:12 am »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: What Christmas is all about
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:52:02 am »
Thanks for that, Ford. It perfectly reflects how I feel about this holiday.

Hope you have a good one, mate. :-*
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 09:42:06 am »
Awesome.  I also personally get a good solid laugh about the "Jesus Fish" that christians all have plastered on their cars.  If only they had any idea what it REALLY was.  Hint:  It's no coincidence that it's a fish.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 09:44:17 am »
Hint:  It's no coincidence that it's a fish.

??? Enlighten us, please.

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 09:49:24 am »
http://malachitewitch.com/Pagan%20Symbols/fish_symbol.htm

Here's an explanation I found just now googling it.  I can't remember when I first read it.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 09:52:10 am »

I figured that's what it was but didn't want to sound overly sexist. :D
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 10:01:35 am »

Here's an explanation I found just now googling it.  I can't remember when I first read it.

I learn something new every day! So when I see the symbol of one fish eating the other...

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 10:09:55 am »
So when I see the symbol of one fish eating the other...

it's me in the car going undercover.

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 10:44:13 am »
That's cute!

My niece told me about something that is really cute, on youtube.   Search there for "Digital Nativity"   It will give you a smile.... ;D

(there's a link to it in edfu's posting "What if Mary and Joseph had Google....")
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:47:03 am by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 11:02:02 am »

I've never smelled like fish in my life - hang on, I did a bit when I was fishing for a living, but that was my clothing, not my yoni. None of the women I've been with smelled like fish either. I've only ever heard men make this claim.

So yeah, it is sexist. But I've come to expect that from Hellraiser and I had a feeling that was what he meant before he posted the link. ~sigh~

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 05:07:06 pm »
None of the women I've been with smelled like fish either. I've only ever heard men make this claim.

Preach!  I've never, ever gone down on a woman smelling of fish.  This is just purely male speculation (and usually heterosexual, what's up with that Hell).  Of course, consider the source of the posting.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline fearless

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 06:14:34 pm »

Saved Photos-888 by GSOgymrat, on Flickr

Thanks Ford. That's not only accurate, but cute.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 01:59:10 am »
1)  I didn't make the association between the two, and that's not my website.

2)  I'm not sexist so no matter how much you broadcast and proclaim it that does not make it true.

3)  I've never been with a woman at all as I am what one would call a "Gold star gay".  So I would have zero first hand knowledge of what it smelled, tasted, felt, looked, or sounds(?) like.  I am however familiar with the gay reference codeword for women and have heard commentary from straight men.

I would however find it equally hilarious if Christians were riding around with a wheel of cheese on the back of their cars and it was somehow connected with a pagan symbol with male genitalia as a sidelong reference to smegma.

Sorry to derail so much from the original cartoon, Ford.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 10:49:16 am »

It smells more like fresh oysters, and like a seashell, if you hold it up to your ear you can hear the ocean.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 06:52:41 pm »
Having lived in the Snoopy gangs home town for as long as I have been a member of our Forums and practiced pagan ritual for much longer, I totally agree!  There is a large pagan community here who offers an all traditions festival monthly on the third Thursday of every month at the Luther Burbank Center for the Arts.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 07:25:53 pm »
When I lived in chicago my favorite time to work bartending was holidays , especially Christmas eve and day .

Not only did I make tons of money in tips I would have my pick of the litter of men to pick from at the end of the night , they were all sad and lonely , just needing a little attention to make them feel better . I guess you could say I put the HO back in the HO HO HO of Christams . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.