Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:13:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 690
Total: 690

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Drunken sex - bloody condoms  (Read 8872 times)

Offline mewmew

• Standard
Drunken sex - bloody condoms
« on: February 12, 2012, 01:08:19 pm »
I hope you can help me or shed some light into the possibility i may have contracted HIV.

I had very drunken protected sex (vaginal )  and oral (10 seconds unprotected) with a thai sex worker on 18th Jan 2012, after about 10 minutes of sex i pulled out and she took the condom(latex) off with her hands thinking i had finished, however i hadnt so we put another condom on and carried on with vaginal sex again.  What worries me so much is did the first condom break and she took it off?, i know the 2nd one didnt break as I took it off.

As I said before i was very drunk so when she left i fell asleep, only to wake up a few hours later, looking at the condoms which were very bloody on the outside. I cannot say if i got blood on me as had a shower once she had left straight away but didnt notice anything, there was also no blood on the bed sheets we had sex on.

I have no idea of the status of this woman, but she took a shower before and after sex and i noticed a blood on the towel in the morning she used to dry herself.

I went to the ER here and they gave me anitbiotics for stds and pep also (Lopinavir, tenofovir and lamivudine). This was about 14 hours after sex. Im currently 25 days in and the side effects have been reasonable, tiredness mainly.

I have been having other symptoms of Itchy burning uthera and painful aches (started after 14 days) in my testticles although it doesnt hurt when i pee. Ive been to my local GUM clinic who have given me a full std check. I realise the HIV test is too soon as im on PEP.

With regards to my sexual history, i have never enaged in sex of any kind with a sex worker until this time, ive had about 6 partners in my life as a 29 year old male and stayed safe, i feel i could have literally ruined my life over this mistake, and i know it would be noones fault but my own.

I know it is probably low risk but im going out of my mind, i know to always use a condom and i cant believe i had 10 secs unprotected oral sex also! Any comments would be appreciated.

Offline mewmew

• Standard
Re: Drunken sex - bloody condoms
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 01:16:22 pm »
I meant to say, i get the results of the std check this wednesday. Sorry about that.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 01:28:08 pm »
Had the first condom failed you would have know and the CSW would have let you known had it broke in not to friendly of a way. You never had an exposure of contracting HIV and never should have been given nPEP.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:27:21 am »
Like Rod I think getting on to PEP was excessive and unnnecessary.

Nothing you have reported leads me to expect other than a negative result when you get tested.

The real red flag in all of this is your having mixed excessive drinking with casual sex. That's something to avoid in the future. As long as you always use condoms with any partner you are well protected in terms of their HIV status.

And again, I expect you to test negative ultimately.
Andy Velez

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:18:54 pm »
Andy and Rapiddog,

Thankyou for your comments, to be honest when i saw the blood i panicked and ran to the ER and waited to be seen. I had a healed over cyst above the base of my penis but it was still aconcave wound so to speak so I panicked. Again i have no idea if the first condom broke as she took it off, and by the time i got back from the ER to check both condoms, housekeeping had been and removed them as i wrapped them in tissue!

I totally agree Andy, this was totally "out of sorts" for me, and something i certain havent done or will do again, what came over me that night i have no idea. 

im not sure if my current symptons (nonhiv) point to genital herpes so thats something else ill be testing in 8 weeks also in nothing is picked up on my std check.

Btw, for anyone interested. Pep in thailand (3 course pill) cost me £400. a HepB shot (vaccine and immouglobulin) also cost £420, and blood tests etc cost about £100. Not bad for 20/30 mins of not remembering something very well huh! :-\ :'(

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 01:59:47 pm »
Andy and Rapiddog,

Thankyou for your comments, to be honest when i saw the blood i panicked and ran to the ER and waited to be seen. I had a healed over cyst above the base of my penis but it was still aconcave wound so to speak so I panicked. Again i have no idea if the first condom broke as she took it off, and by the time i got back from the ER to check both condoms, housekeeping had been and removed them as i wrapped them in tissue!

I totally agree Andy, this was totally "out of sorts" for me, and something i certain havent done or will do again, what came over me that night i have no idea. 

im not sure if my current symptons (nonhiv) point to genital herpes so thats something else ill be testing in 8 weeks also in nothing is picked up on my std check.

Btw, for anyone interested. Pep in thailand (3 course pill) cost me £400. a HepB shot (vaccine and immouglobulin) also cost £420, and blood tests etc cost about £100. Not bad for 20/30 mins of not remembering something very well huh! :-\ :'(
What is the cost of condoms?

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2012, 03:13:34 pm »
Unsure about that comment as condoms were used. At least one stayed intact, again i dont think the other broke.

As regards to the 10 second unprotected oral, in my state, i do remember i was caust"offguard" and remembered condom use almost immediatly (well 10 seconds to be precise)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2012, 03:26:24 pm »
Unsure about that comment as condoms were used. At least one stayed intact, again i dont think the other broke.

As regards to the 10 second unprotected oral, in my state, i do remember i was caust"offguard" and remembered condom use almost immediatly (well 10 seconds to be precise)
You used a condom. I was interested in knowing what the price of a condom is there?

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 04:21:50 pm »
Aaah no idea! I took them with me, i reckon they probably cost me £10 for 8 or so latex durex ones.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 04:26:38 pm »
A costly experience for sure. But one from which I expect you to emerge HIV negative. And hopefully wiser about how you manage your sexual activities in the future.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:45 am »
mew,

You said you wrapped the condoms in a tissue - so this means you handled them. If one of them was broken, you would have seen that it was broken. A broken condom is very obvious - it's not about little holes, it's about huge rips.

Also, getting a blowjob with or without a condom is NOT a risk for hiv infection. So stop worrying about the ten seconds of unprotected oral.

You really didn't need PEP. I fully expect you to test negative and I would have said the same if you hadn't taken PEP.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2012, 04:19:10 am »
Many Thanks for your reply everyone, my concerns were certainly elivated somewhat and i managed to get some sleep over the last few days.

I got the results back from 4 weeks post exposure for my STD panel and they all came back negative. I was told thought the HIV test would be effected due to PEP and i have another appointment in 3 weeks for my 4 weeks post PEP..

its now been 7 days post pep and over the last couple of days i have notices about 15-20 small pin prick size red spots under my skin all over my body. On my back and sides and chest, with a couple on my legs. Could this be a sign a sign of HIV infection.

Im goin gout of my mind with worry and the GUM clinic wont see me now for another 3 weeks as its post PEP.

Thanks so much, i understand you cant diagnose fro these but is this typical ? I was finally getting back in normal routine and this came up  :(
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:06:18 am by mewmew »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 04:39:33 am »
Many Thanks for your reply everyone, my concerns were certainly elivated somewhat and i managed to get some sleep over the last few days.

I got the results back from 4 weeks post exposure for my STD panel and they all came back negative. I was told thought the HIV test would be effected due to PEP and i have another appointment in 3 weeks for my 4 weeks post PEP..

its now been 7 days post pep and over the last couple of days i have notices about 15-20 small pin prick size red spots under my skin all over my body. On my back and sides and chest, with a couple on my legs. Could this be a sign a sign of HIV infection. I toook 2 pictures (non rude)

<links to pictars removed>

Im goin gout of my mind with worry and the GUM clinic wont see me now for another 3 weeks as its post PEP.

Thanks so much, i understand you cant diagnose fro these but is this typical ? I was finally getting back in normal routine and this came up  :(

Mew,

Posting pictures of your various parts is not permitted in AMI. We are not doctors and do not make diagnoses.

Please remove those links or they will be removed by a moderator.

MtD
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:55:03 am by Matty the Damned »

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 04:45:30 am »
Apoligise Matt, i didnt know. I have removed them.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 04:55:19 am »
Thank you.

MtD

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2012, 12:36:26 pm »
Just to keep you updated I went to get my 4 week post pep test which I'll find out next week. wish me luck.

Just a query, the nurse said my 12 week test would be final in 4 weeks time but that's only 8 weeks post pep. Did she get this wrong?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2012, 02:05:12 pm »
Yes, she did get it wrong. The post-PEP conclusive test should be done at 3 months after the completion of PEP.

Andy Velez

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2012, 03:43:32 pm »
4 weekspost pep duo test was negative. Asked the doc about the 8 weeks error and was corrected , in fact will need one at 8 and 12 weeks post pep. I know you feel i had no/virtually no risk but i cant help but worry, next test in 3 weeks, (will be 8 weeks post pep).

Thanks for listening, i find these forums amazing and they have really helped me. Hopefully ill continue to test negative. Ill update in a few weeks i guess and continue reading till then.

Congrats to rapid on his recent reults by the way!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2012, 06:06:51 pm »
OK. Good luck with continuing to test negative which is what I am expecting will happen.
Andy Velez

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 04:00:12 am »
Hi Andy/Ann/Matty/Rod/JK!

Got my 8 week tests back for hiv/hepb+C/Syph and all negative again. Only a few weeks to go until i can put this to bed one way or the other.

Thanks for your continued support as always.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 05:20:55 am »
Mew,

Your eight week negative is highly unlikely to change. You were never likely to end up hiv positive over this situation anyway.

Keep busy with other things while you wait for your final negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mewmew

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 04:26:10 am »
Hi to all the poz team

I collected my final 3 month negative test today for hiv and all other nasties, while this has been going on i got immunised for hep B which shows as vaccinated now also.

Id like to move on and live my life again but wanted to come back and thank you all for providing this service, it meant a lot when things looked their worse. Just goes to show we do look for things that arent there (regarding symptoms).

So thanks again! And good luck in the future everyone!

M

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 06:43:35 am »
Mew,

You're welcome.

It's good to hear that you got your hep B vaccinations. That's the smart thing to do.

You are conclusively hiv negative and do not need further testing at this time.

For future reference, here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.