Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:06:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Blogs by PLHIV  (Read 7651 times)

Offline 21May2012

Blogs by PLHIV
« on: June 03, 2012, 03:06:51 am »
Hi Everyone. I tried searching for a thread about blogs by people with HIV and I couldn't find one here in the forums. I'm creating this thread so we can share our blog entries with each other.

I found out that I had HIV on May 21, 2012 and I started my blog the day after. I haven't written that many entries yet, but I'm trying to write at least one entry per day. Eventually I'd like it to be more educational so that people who are dealing with HIV for the first time have an additional resource they can use to figure out what their next steps should be.

My latest entry is about the day I found out I had HIV. My blog is here: http://21may2012.blogspot.com/

Please share your blogs too.  :)
Josef

Twitter: @21May2012

Offline emeraldize

Re: Blogs by PLHIV
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 07:01:28 am »
Hey May,

Are you aware that under the Community heading of the site there are Blogs? If not, you might be interested in knowing quite a number of the blog authors are positive and write about their experiences. There's much to read there.

Em

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 08:19:45 am »
I read your blog, and it's touching. 
A little suggestion about layout - you might rethink the way the page first opens with that picture behind the text.  Its difficult to read, until one scrolls down one discovers the text finally moves up into a solid background.  This might put some readers off a bit from starting in on reading. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 11:22:27 am »
Hey May,

Are you aware that under the Community heading of the site there are Blogs? If not, you might be interested in knowing quite a number of the blog authors are positive and write about their experiences. There's much to read there.

Em

Hi Em! Yeah I saw that page but I think only professional blogs are listed there. I don't think my blog would qualify to be listed there hehe.
Josef

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 11:23:46 am »
I read your blog, and it's touching. 
A little suggestion about layout - you might rethink the way the page first opens with that picture behind the text.  Its difficult to read, until one scrolls down one discovers the text finally moves up into a solid background.  This might put some readers off a bit from starting in on reading.

Hi mecch! Thanks, a few people have mentioned the same thing. I've made the post background solid black now. Hopefully it makes it easier to read. :)
Josef

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 12:01:59 pm »
No problem.  FYI  Black text on light ground is the most reader friendly.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 08:42:22 pm »
No problem.  FYI  Black text on light ground is the most reader friendly.

Hehe yeah I agree but I kinda like how my blog is now. Thanks, though!
Josef

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 11:20:07 pm »
Hi Em! Yeah I saw that page but I think only professional blogs are listed there. I don't think my blog would qualify to be listed there hehe.

Hey May,

I think I confused you -- I wasn't suggesting your blog be in the Aidsmeds' blog corral BUT maybe that's an option.  Why not ask at some point -- IF it's of interest to you.

I simply wanted to make sure you knew of it as there are poz folks with blogs there---even if they're not daily.. You use the word 'professional' which  implies they're being paid -- they're not paid.

Hope this is clearer.
Em

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 09:32:37 pm »
Hey May,

I think I confused you -- I wasn't suggesting your blog be in the Aidsmeds' blog corral BUT maybe that's an option.  Why not ask at some point -- IF it's of interest to you.

I simply wanted to make sure you knew of it as there are poz folks with blogs there---even if they're not daily.. You use the word 'professional' which  implies they're being paid -- they're not paid.

Hope this is clearer.
Em

Hi Em! Yeah I read some of the blogs and I'm truly appreciative that people out there take the time to let others know how they're living with HIV. It's inspirational and it helps me personally focus on the positive. If I could do the same thing for other people then nothing could make me happier.

Soon when I have a bit more time I'll post the blog links of the other blogs from the Philippines by PLHIVs that I've been reading. They helped me so hopefully they'll help others too.
Josef

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 10:02:40 pm »
Soon when I have a bit more time I'll post the blog links of the other blogs from the Philippines by PLHIVs that I've been reading. They helped me so hopefully they'll help others too.

Excellent! That will be interesting to see them. I know the Philippines have been hit in a relatively hard way in the last few years with new cases of HIV. And, resources for PLHIVs are still being developed. Demands creativity and resilience of those affected. I'm sure the blogs are contributing support to many.

Em

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 10:05:45 pm »
Another new member from the Phillipines, PinoyPositive, also has a blog.

http://pinoypositive101.blogspot.com/

MtD

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 10:53:34 pm »
Josef

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 07:35:47 am »
I've added a new entry on my blog about telling my bosses at work that I have HIV. My blog is here: http://21may2012.blogspot.com/
Josef

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:28 am »
I've added a new entry on my blog about telling my bosses at work that I have HIV. My blog is here: http://21may2012.blogspot.com/

21May, while it is admirable that you've started a blog chronicling your experience living with hiv, it is not necessary to constantly post that you have added a new entry.  If people choose to follow your blog, they will know when you've updated it.  Please try to respect that these forums are not meant to pimp yourself or any products.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 11:54:45 am »
21May, while it is admirable that you've started a blog chronicling your experience living with hiv, it is not necessary to constantly post that you have added a new entry.  If people choose to follow your blog, they will know when you've updated it.  Please try to respect that these forums are not meant to pimp yourself or any products.

Oops, sorry. I didn't mean for it to come across that way. :-(
Josef

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 05:30:02 pm »
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/21May2012
Email: 21May2k12@gmail.com
by the way, these forums are searchable by google, so your email and other information is being greatly exposed to the whole world (meaning: posting your personal info like this is a sure way to get spammed or even threats to your personal accounts or IRL). You might want to consider NOT posting all that personal info ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 07:46:16 pm »
by the way, these forums are searchable by google, so your email and other information is being greatly exposed to the whole world (meaning: posting your personal info like this is a sure way to get spammed or even threats to your personal accounts or IRL). You might want to consider NOT posting all that personal info ;)

Hi leatherman! I created these accounts after I found out I was poz, and it was intentional to have them available publicly. A lot of Filipinos are clueless about HIV and some of them have emailed me questions and stuff. Some of them just need someone to say it's all going to be OK regardless of how they test.
Josef

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 10:39:20 pm »
I created these accounts after I found out I was poz, and it was intentional to have them available publicly.
having your blog public and a generic email where people can reach you is all well and good;

but when you start bearing the brunt of HIV stigma (losing your job, your home, receiving death threats, spam, hate mail, harassing msgs, etc) because you have listed your personal twitter and FB page here in a highly visible HIV forum, don't say I didn't warn you. ;)  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline 21May2012

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 12:40:41 am »
having your blog public and a generic email where people can reach you is all well and good;

but when you start bearing the brunt of HIV stigma (losing your job, your home, receiving death threats, spam, hate mail, harassing msgs, etc) because you have listed your personal twitter and FB page here in a highly visible HIV forum, don't say I didn't warn you. ;)  :D

I'm hoping that doesn't happen, but yes I'm preparing mentally for that in case it does.

On a lighter note, Happy Sunday everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :)
Josef

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.