Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:40:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 652
Total: 652

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I feel like my life is over...  (Read 6832 times)

Offline Krissy87

I feel like my life is over...
« on: January 07, 2014, 12:25:17 pm »
So, the ex got good news today. He went and got one of those rapid tests and he does not have hiv... I am so confused how is it that my baby is clean, my ex is clean and I have this s#!% ??? I tested negative twice and haven't been with anyone but him in over a year how did I get this? Don't get me wrong I am over the moon that my baby is clean and I am happy for him that he is clean but I just don't understand how this is happening like this.

How do I move on with my life? I have two kids from two men and now I have hiv and don't know wwhere it came from...

Thanks for letting me cry and vent.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: I feel like my life is over...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 08:06:13 am »
Hi Krissy.

As discussed in your thread in the other section of the forum, there's a good chance he's lying. I doubt that he really got tested. It's easy to claim you have tested when you haven't and it's just as easy to lie if you did test and didn't like the result.

It's no use asking him for paperwork to prove he's negative - it can be forged. The only way I can think of for you to definitely confirm his status is to get an in-home Oraquick test (you can buy them in drug stores or online) and have him do it in front of you - maybe at his mother's house.

There's also the chance that you haven't actually had the confirmation tests, particularly if you're in a small-town or rural area where the health care professionals you're dealing with don't know much about hiv. You need to get to the bottom of that.

As said in the other thread, false positive results can and do happen, and pregnancy is one cause, as is an underlying and possibly undiagnosed autoimmune condition. Sometimes they just happen. A Western Blot test should have been run to confirm or rule out a positive diagnosis. If this hasn't been done, it must be done ASAP.

Please don't think of someone being hiv negative in terms of being "clean". You're subconsciously putting the idea into your head that being hiv positive is "dirty", whether or not you actually say or think the word dirty.

You are NOT dirty. You (might) have a virus and that is in no way a reflection on your character. All it means is that you had unprotected sex with someone you loved and/or trusted.

Nearly every single adult on the planet has had unprotected intercourse at some point in their life. Those who remained hiv negative were lucky, and those of us who got hiv were unlucky. Not clean or dirty - but rather lucky or unlucky.

Hugs,
Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Krissy87

Re: I feel like my life is over...
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 11:49:08 am »
Thanks Ann. I am defantly going to find out about the other tests. But i dont want to give myself false hope.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.