Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 05:42:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772996
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 204
Total: 205

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: You have been a dig help for me! from Venice  (Read 4499 times)

Offline HOPPE

You have been a dig help for me! from Venice
« on: October 28, 2009, 04:13:40 pm »
Hi there!

first of all I apologize for my bad English.

My story began in July, losing more and more strength and breathing capacity. I ended up being in the hospital 3 weeks with a PCP ... result: positive for the HIV virus with the number of copies (VL)= 53000 and CD4: 12!!
It was a great despair for me, but a strong desire to leave the hospital and go home made me progressively rationalize the news.

First of all I contacted my father (giving the bad new) because I wanted to go back to my nation and left Italy because of the great impact of the news. still in the hospital telephoned the office where I work to say I was leaving the country permanently abandoning the work. My bosses asked me why and I desperate informed of my whole situation.

The response of my bosses was only "now you can have a normal life with your problem"

I thought throughout my time in the hospital and when I went out two weeks for my country to reflect on my condition.

I met your website ... was very helpful! the accuracy of your comments, the environmental well being of the page, the topics ... I rationalized emotions and returned to Venice where I am today.

Right now I work in the same office, have a normal life, taking care of my health front of immunodeficiency syndrome. strictly follow my therapy and go regularly to the day hospital. in a month and a half of therapy my viral load is less than 20 and CD4 31.

my life has changed and the virus has given me a greater appreciation of the small but beautiful things of life. He awoke in myself a desire to help others and share the joy with the world. I learned to love myself against the fear of losing me and I think with regret and sorrow for all those people in countries in development who have difficulty accessing the therapies that exist today. being sick is bad and very painful.

topics found in your great strength, decision and desire to help others ...

I finish my comment thanking everyone in this forum and giving the congratulations for the volunteers who make possible its existence.

thank you very much.

HOPPE in life   ;)
08/2009 - CD4. 12  VL. 73000
Started Truvada + kaletra

09/ 2009 - CD4. 32 VL. <20
12/ 2009  - CD4. 78 VL.<20
02/ 2010  - CD4. 125 VL. <20
05/ 2010 -  CD4. 208 VL. <20

08/2010 - New tests

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
Re: You have been a dig help for me! from Venice
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 01:38:38 pm »
Welcome to the forums ;)

It sounds like you are doing all the right things to ensure a good recovery.

Are you already back at work? What medications are you on?

Offline confidentIwillbeOK

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 03:56:20 pm »
Benvenuti nel forum amico mio. Buona fortuna con tutto. Essere ben.    :)

Offline HOPPE

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2009, 05:34:43 pm »
hi again. I am already back at work because I was tired of being home an I needed to have back my normal life. now i'm eeling very well! emotionally too!

now i'm in kaletra, truvada, bactrim, levofolen, diflucan.

thanks for the welcome in the forum

Hoppe
08/2009 - CD4. 12  VL. 73000
Started Truvada + kaletra

09/ 2009 - CD4. 32 VL. <20
12/ 2009  - CD4. 78 VL.<20
02/ 2010  - CD4. 125 VL. <20
05/ 2010 -  CD4. 208 VL. <20

08/2010 - New tests

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.