Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:32:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 227
Total: 229

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: very nervous about being seroconverting  (Read 7298 times)

Offline firephenix

very nervous about being seroconverting
« on: March 03, 2008, 12:35:02 pm »
hy everyone. my name is emil

sorry andy, i didnt know were to begin...I NEED YOUR EXPERT ADVICE...PLSSS.. well my stupid story starts here... december i had a very stupid drunken night and i had vaginal intercourse and i gave her oral sex... well i know it was stupid stupid stupid,after that night all my world came down i couldnt sleep i was too nervous after that night every day til today, and like a another person in this forum said and experienced. i also had 2 night of sweat, 2 days of small cough, mild rashes in legs and arms, very upset stomach and sensitive tongue, also had oral ulcers... now after my possible expossure i couldnt do it anymore so i went to my MD and i ask to be tested for hiv and stds, it was only the 3rd week so of course all the results were negative.. so the doctor gave me antibiotics just in case of some infection but after 62 days after possible expossure i went again to the doctrors office and asked to get tested again so i had a blood culture and also urine viral culture all the test were negative again, but this apst week i had paine in my back almost loungs area and lower back, and a warm heat sensation in my genital area, with some mild headaches....so my question is ....can i possible being serocnvering after 62 days after expossure????? its been almost 11 weeks and i got re tested almost 10 weeks after exposure.

andy and all the experts i need your advice please i dont know how to keep living like this with unknowing my status of health... its too difficult .. thanks ... o god please help meee...

best regards

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: very nervous about being seroconverting
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:44:01 pm »
Emil, despite all of your worrying and various "symptoms," nothing you are reporting suggests this is an HIV situation. You haven't mentioned if you had unprotected intercourse during your drunken evening. I am going to assume that you did.

The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going  to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure. With the negatives you have received thus far, even IF you had unprotected intercourse, you are still all but certain to get another negative result if you re-test at 13 weeks.

As for your symptoms, that's something to discuss with your doctor.

It doesn't matter whether you have intercourse with a professional or with a civilian. As long as you always use a latex condom you will be effectively protected. Mixing casual sex with excessive drinking is a red flag to me. It's a dangerous combination and something you need tø avoid in the future.

This time I expect you will continue to test negative. A negative at 13 weeks is conclusive and reliable. It's only necessary to re-test IF you had unprotected intercourse.
Andy Velez

Offline firephenix

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:00:11 pm »
hy andy.. thanks for responding so quickly, well u r right i had unprotected sex because i ws drunk, my only time drunk and i ruined my life i think... god help me...

well let me ask you something please,, even thoug i ve been tested twice and the last one was 10 weeks after possible expossure do you think my test will become positive in only 3 weeks or should i wait longer..??? to be re tested ??? i had another symptoms this week i had a tinlgy feeling in my stomach the other night at work and after this tinlgy feeling i had a very warm felling in my genital area, and my stomach seems to be all noisy.. actually i think im infected because when i read about herpes it says u get some blisters and i dont have any at the moment no signs of anything in my pennis or genital area just the warm heat felling.. what do you think it could be??? can i be more sure its negative if the test came back negative after 62 days after expossure???, i never had diarrhea but i also read that everybody is different and every body reacts differently.. what do you think andyy im extremelyy nervous... and i dont know what is happening to me... thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 08:37:49 pm »
Thanks for the clarification about having had unprotected intercourse.

I still expect you will continue to test negative. And here is why:

HIV is nø† an easy virus to transmit. It is significantly harder to accomplish from female to male. You had a single and I would guess brief incident. Plus you have had a negative result well past the point where all but the smallest number seroconvert. Putting all of that together I expect you to continue to test negative.

As for the physical problems you are having, that is something to discuss with your doctor. A lot of what you are describing sound like the result of anxiety, but check with your doc just to be sure.

You have a short wait until you can re-test. Stay productively busy and the time will pass more quickly than you may imagine possible. I expect you will come out of this ok.

But you do need to learn from this experience and avoid mixing excessive drinking with casual sex.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline firephenix

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:24:51 am »
oo my god andyy.. u dont know how good i felt after reading your last message and your comments, indeed i learned a lot andy ....the weird thing is that ive never been like that ever in my life....,but i admit it was a stupid mistake... i would never do it again.
 yes we had intercourse for just 2 minutes i guess, and i dont even remenber have ejaculated...when i realized what i was doing i left the room in panic. i even went to a hospital ER the same night right after taht but they told me that there was nothing to do ...i had to wait... and then 1 week and a half alter i got the first syntoms like i told u before..

andy thanks for the support and i will keep it togheter for 1 more week the 14 will be 3 months that day i will take the test again and if its negative i would dedicate my life to teach and preech to all the young people out there to take care of themselves and that this no joke...., i hope your right and i hope god is listening andy..once again thank you very much for this comment. made me feel much better and not that nervous...

just to know i do have another question andy.. u said that there is a small percentage of people who will seroconvert after 22 days ,, how big is this number in percentage??? i know it might sound like im looking another excuse to keep thinking about hiv in my body but this last almost 3 months they took everything out my life.. i want to know if its still 50 - 50 % or maybe just a 70-30??? but anyway do you think for real that i still can be infected ??? and it would just show up in this last test???

thanks for been so pacient and cool . i know everybody here is greatful for all your help in this forums..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 03:35:46 am »
fire,

Forget about percentages after 22 days. You've tested negative at ten WEEKS and you're more likely to win the lottery after only ever buying ONE ticket in your life than you are to go on to test positive after ten weeks negative.

Your three month test is more formality than anything. I fully expect you to continue testing negative and so should you.

Please remember the condoms in future!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline firephenix

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 12:22:36 pm »
hy ann and andy

thanks you very much for all the comments and advice, the only reasson i have all this mess in my head is because i felt all thos horible symtoms so real, i just hope it can be an std or something ... its weird that nothing was found in my blood not even chlamidia or sifilis, and i can feel my body fighting something, i never used drugs or took any medication for anything so this time i felt my body react and right after i had that stupid encounter..

i promise ann and andy if escape hiv i would never have sex again until i find a wife, my other half u know....,

i hope ur right and after 10 weeks my diagnostic will not change to positive next week, i have 10 more days to go for my mark of 3 months, i do have a nother question?

in case im possitive what will be the first thing to do??? how expensive it is to get meds??? can i work ???, wth early treatment can i live longer???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 03:30:20 pm »
fire,

You are NOT going to end up hiv positive from this episode after those negative results you have, so there's no point in answering your question.

See your doctor about what's bothering you. It's nothing to do with hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline firephenix

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 09:10:51 pm »
hy everybody

ann and andy please i need more advice, today i had again this felling of tinlgyness in my belly, and after few hours i went to pee and after i pee i had a discharge small but a dense liquid came out,, now im freaking out... very nervous my stomach was very noisy and i had too much gas... what could it bee???? im i seroconverting nowww????

please let me know if i need to go to er. or contact my doctor... what sould i do???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 09:40:55 pm »
Nothing you are describing is in any way suggestive of HIV. Period.

Stop with all this drama and see your doctor to find out what the REAL source of your symptoms is. Is is not HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline firephenix

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 02:07:25 am »
hy ann and andy

sorry to keep bothering you both but i have another question .. i took your advice and i was not thinking about hiv for the past days but today i felt something weird inmy legs like small rashes, very mild, and sometimes i felt like i had water dripping in my legs but there was nothing... my stomach keep on tinlging and i also had another discharge from my penis after peeing, when i got home i also discover a small redish portion on my inner tigh no blisters tough... and also small pimples in my chest 2 or 3..., also i feel like i have hemorroids wich i had before when i was younger...,,im sorry to keep asking but i was waiting til next week it will be week 13 do you think im seroconverting noww between week 9 and now????, should i test again now??? during my past test at week 9 nothing was found hiv nonreactive, hsv non reactive...... i feel incredible fine, no symtoms besides this itchiness in my legs...

im thinking im probably seroconverting this week,,omg please need some advice....

sorry and thaks for your patience  with me.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 04:29:08 am »
fire,

Please re-read your thread. There's nothing new to add in response to your latest litany of symptoms.

I still fully expect you to collect a conclusive negative result.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline firephenix

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2008, 01:48:41 am »
hy again well i kept it togheter for 3 weeks almost . ann andy today i went to my dr and i got an extensive blood work i asked for hiv and other stds test, but what my dr told me didnt encourged me too much she told me that anyone can become positive after even 3 months.. and that my test at week 9 nad a half is never a guarantee.. sooo im freaking out tonight actually today wasa  a bad day,, i still have a sore throught, and enlarged tongsils, white tongue and i guess like u told me all symtoms are just symptoms and we will never discussed symtpoms here right???

i just have a question ??;;; if im positive i should at least gotten an unconclusive result by week 9 and a half right?? or hiv can be positive in only 3 weeks???..

thank you ann and andy.. i would apreacite rod here too, you make a very incredible job here... i hope i dont become positve ... but if i will i would like to stay in touch for advise on how to cope with living with hiv..

thanks...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2008, 04:59:12 am »
Let's put this in perspective, your doctor doesn't know what the hell she's talking about. A 3 month test is conclusive. Find another doctor that knows what they are doing.

Offline firephenix

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2008, 08:43:34 pm »
hy everybodyy

well firstable i have to thank you guys for all the support this past 3 months, i tooka  final blood test on week number 13, and the test came back negative for hiv and herpes,, i was so gladdd i even felt reborned to life..

now i guess my question is as i read in several articles on the internet should i be worried to be late seroconverter?? do i need to keep testing until i reach 6 months??..

now almost all my symptoms disapeard almost the day after the doc told me that i was negative i still had a white tongue for a bout 1 more week but with vitamin c is getting better... is mny doctor wrong or i just had a uretrhris infection??

thanks again.. im really trying to get my brains out of hiv but being very deep reding during 3 months took a lot of me inside..

thanks andy, rod and ann u rock guys..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2008, 09:15:23 pm »
There is absolutely no need for further testing. You have reliably tested negative for HIV. You ARE HIV negative. Keep it that way by making sure you always use a condom for either vaginal or anal intercourse.

And now, get on with your life.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.