Main Forums > Living With HIV

After 7 years of denial, I am getting my 1st labs done next Monday.

<< < (14/14)

klassykitty:
Crystal is usually red because of the iodine that is added, crank is usually white to a light brown color; crystal is normally more pure than crank.  Speed is the pill form of meth.  Wolfter I used to break apart black beauties and throw in some pot, and/or hash and sometimes crush up a pink lady and smoke it all in my bong.
President Kennedy was the most popular meth addict.

Boiboy--  My doctor figures I had my AIDS for a few years before I was diagnosed.  I know i got it from my ex in CO. and I wasn't diagnosed until Jan. of 2011, by that time I had moved back to PA. My CD4  was 32 and VL almost 126,000.  Needless to say I started meds right away, (well 3 days after my dx).

I take Isentress, Truvada, Bactrim, and Zithromax some side effects but for the most part they have gone or subsided to a tolerant point.  My CD4 is now 201 and I have been UD since April 2011 or something like that.

Like Drew and others on here eventually I learned to "forget" about it.  I am now in college going for my associates in human services, job hunting and  kind of have a boyfriend that I've kind of been seeing for 4 months.   Piece of advice my doc. gave to me:
Don't work your schedule around your pills, work your pills around your schedule.  And be adherant about taking them on time or as close to on time as you can.

Do you have an AIDS Service Organization near you?  I became "friends" with my case worker at my ASO and also my case worker at doctors office.  Like Ted mentioned I go to the hospital to get my blood work done and I usually go 1 week before my appointment so he has updated results when I go.

Good luck and keep us up to date.

Michelle 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version