Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:50:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773219
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 602
Total: 603

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What books are you reading today?  (Read 8480 times)

Offline Oceanbeach

What books are you reading today?
« on: October 19, 2009, 10:06:35 pm »
I went to the library today, they have high speed internet and I don't.  If you took AT&T, teamed up with Yahoo, one would expect the real 411 on dial up but I have an ISP which can't find their own server with both hands and a flashlight. 

There was a 2 hour wait to get on a computer so, I found:
Legal Guide to Web and Software Development, How to Get Your Business on the Web, Incorporate Your Business, and Form Your Own Limited Liability Company.  Not very interesting but with no COLA increase this year and possibly not next year either, the outlook on disability living doesn't hold much excitement.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
Re: What books are you reading today?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:31:56 pm »
we haven't had a book thread for a while ;)

I'm lucky! Having just moved to SC from OH, and living about 1/4 mile from the NC state line, there's a NC library just about 2 miles away and a SC library about 2 miles the other directions. I just recently got cards for both. I checked books out of the NC branch so I didn't get any in SC. I'm already too confused about what state the grocery store is in, and want to make sure I take the books back to the right state library.  ;D

Normally I check out the latest non-fiction and end up with some like the ones you were checking into; but since the big move down through the mountains, I just wanted some nice fiction to read while I get re-acclimated to the South.

I just finished Christopher Moore's "Island of the Sequined Love Nun" - hilarious! Now i'm reading Dean Koontz' "Strange Highways", which I realized I've read once before; but it's nearly Halloween so nothing wrong with re-reading some scary stories. Next on my agenda before I've got to return it is "Stealing myspace: the battle to control the most popular website in america". (well, ok, there was ONE non-fiction in the stack of books  :D )
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline edfu

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 02:14:19 am »
"City Boy:  My Life in New York During the 1960s and 70s" by Edmund White (I'm in it!) and "The Letters of Noel Coward," edited by Barry Day (delish!).   
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 05:45:17 am »
I'm reading Larry King's autobiography, and it's actually pretty interesting.  I read the book "Freakanomics" some months ago, and can't wait to read "Super Freakanomics." 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline BlueMoon

• Calling from the Fun House
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 06:20:43 am »
Mapping The Territory, by Christopher Bram.  It's a collection of non-ficton essays by the prolific novelist.

Not my usual book fare, but Chris and I were in the Boy Scouts together in the late 60s.  I just recently became aware of his literary career and read a couple of his novels. 

I moved away in 1970 and have had no contact with anyone from that time and place since then, so his reminiscences about his Scouting days were a nostalgia trip for me.  He writes well too, so it's enjoyable beyond the personal connection. 

It's a complex world

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 07:18:00 am »
I just finished my third reading of Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco.
Now, it's on to the Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan.  So far, it's really good. 
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 09:31:14 am »
Dada: Art and Anti-Art, Hans Richter
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 11:05:31 am »
I'm reading Encyclopedia of Counseling for work and Official Book Club Selection by Kathy Griffin for fun.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 11:48:01 am »

Green Eggs and Ham
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 12:36:08 pm »
Goddess, it's been ages since I picked up a book. I could use a trashy novel about now. Is Jackie Collins still writing? I still need to read The Mayfield Witches, I think it's called by Anne Rice. Sigh, one day...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline tokyodecadence

• A one room disco.
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 12:46:11 pm »
I'm currently reading a 30-50 theoretical plan of action on how countries can gain energy independence. Good book, even though it's written in layman's terms. Which I suppose is a good thing, since layman's terms makes the sales, right?
[.Fodão.]

Offline elf

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 01:38:23 pm »
Oxford Spanish Dictionary
I love it, I just got it from Amazon.  :)

Offline veritas

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 02:26:38 pm »

If you are looking for  a quick page turning read for pure entertainment value, try Dan Brown's new book: "The Lost Symbol". It's in the same vein as "The DaVinci Code". Lot's of neat history about Washington DC. (just finished it).

For political junkies and Kennedy fans: "True Compass" by Edward Kennedy.(just started it).

Offline madbrain

• No longer an active member
    • My personal site
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 02:32:01 pm »
I picked up Programming Interviews Exposed last night - http://www.piexposed.com . I left my job at a large company about 6 weeks ago without another one lined up. I have been really enjoying the time off including a trip to visit family in Paris. But I can't afford to quite retire yet at 33. Though I wouldn't mind a few more months off :).
As a self-taught software engineer, I have been a little bit stumped by the somewhat academic questions asked of me by a few large companies in the silicon valley I interviewed with recently, despite 14 years professional experience. Hence picking up this book.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 06:27:09 pm »
True Compass is a good book.  Resilience by Elizabeth Edwards is excellent also. I like autobiographies, though.  Some people don't.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2009, 06:28:15 pm »
"City Boy:  My Life in New York During the 1960s and 70s" by Edmund White (I'm in it!)

I have an old friend who wrote a book and I am glad he did not include me in "Urban Voodoo, A Beginners Guide to Afro-Caribean Majik."   ;D  Have the best day
Michael
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 06:31:54 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2009, 07:32:04 pm »
Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe.
It's nearly Halloween after all...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dale Parker

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2009, 11:04:27 pm »
I love reading but have never found the time until recently. Now that I'm doing some volunteer work I have the time. I was trying to read my great uncles autobiography but that put me to sleep. It's about his life as a baptist preacher. Now I'm re-reading Greg Louganis's book Breaking the Surfice. Greg is a gay HIV+, gold metal Olympian in swimming from the 70's and 80's. Besides being a great athlete he is quite hot looking.

Madbrian: I was the same as you. Self taught but in Lotus and Excel spreadsheets. My only reading of spread sheets was 4 pages of the introduction to Lotus in a manual. I got bored with the reading, put the book down and then created a spreadsheet that the company used for 18 years before they closed down. One of my bosses at the last company I worked for thought that 3 of us could do with taking an intermediate Excel course. I was so worried about my lack of spreadsheet knowledge that I didn't sleep for 3 nights prior to the course.
  Knowing that I was self taught and wanting to use my lack of spreadsheet knowledge to fire me seemed like the perfect opportunity for him. When we got back he called the other two into his office for an update on how we did. He got quite pissed when he asked them how I did. They told him that the class was over booked and I ended up teaching the back half of the class.
    I still have problems formatting a date but I can do formulas, pivot tables, embed hot links and link spreadsheets together. My pie charts and bar graphs are all colour coordinated and truly a thing of beauty thanks to being gay.
Apr 09  CD4 21, CD4/CD8 ratio 0 VL 500,000+
July 09 CD4 158, CD4/CD812% VL 750
Oct 09 CD4 157 CD4/CD8 14% VL UD
Feb 10 CD4 197, CD4/CD8 11% VL UD
May 10  CD4 252 CD4/CD8 12% VL UD
Aug 10 CD4 211 VL UD
Nov 10 CD4 272 CD4/CD8 0.138 VL UD

Offline bear60

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2009, 12:16:53 pm »
Interestingly enough, Edfu and I are reading the SAME book.  Edmund White was just here in Philly to read from his new book...CITY BOY and I went to see him and then had dinner with him after the reading. The dinner was a fundraiser for Giovanni's Room which is a last survivor gay bookstore... which is having to raise funds for a repair to the building.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2009, 06:17:40 am »
The Girl Who kicked The Hornet,s Nest--Stieg Larsson------The end off Millenninm Trilogy---
A Fine Balance-------Rohinton Mistry
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline WildcatCC

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2009, 03:41:15 pm »
I try to read a book every week or 2. Here are some recent ones that I really enjoyed:

Medicus
Pope Joan
The Strain
City of Thieves
Death. A Life (this was the funniest book I ever read!)
Water for Elephants
Life of Pi
The Four Agreements
Apr  08 - Diagnosed
Apr  08  cd4 8, vl 150k
Meds: Prezista/Norvir/Truvada
June 08 cd4 250, vl 1600
Aug  08 cd4 275, vl 450
Meds: Atripla
Nov  08  cd4  386, vl 255
Jan   09  cd4  415, vl 2100 (spike?)
Feb   09  cd4 460, vl 212
May   09  cd4 515, vl 1200
Aug   09  cd4 717, vl 1535 % 23
Sept  09  cd4 535  vl 1710 % 18
Oct   09  genotype shows mutation. Discussing w/ ID Doc
Nov  09   cd4 480  vl 650   % 19
Dec  09 genotype slight mutation to Epivir and Retrovir
Jan 10   cd4 508 vl 250 (21%)  low vitamin d - on supplement 2000 iu/day
Mar 15 Change to Isentress and Truvada
May 5 cd4 498 vl 1485
June 16 cd4 550 vl undect!!!! (finally dammit)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2009, 06:43:11 pm »
Right now I'm reading a pretty good one.  It was written (translated, of course) by Osama bin Laden's first wife and 4th son, who both left (escaped) Afghanistan a few years ago.

Edited for a correction.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 05:30:01 am by BT65 »

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2009, 07:45:20 pm »
Being the coke addict that I am (the brown fizzy drink of course! ;D) I'm currently in the middle of "Belching out the Devil" by Mark Thomas (some Brit satirist/TV host/comedian whom I've never heard of here in SC, USA), a book about the "evil" coporate practices of the Coca-Cola company. Although nearly halfway through the book, I would say that it's more about how a multinational corporation stays out of the internal affairs, crimes, and despotic regimes in places around the world like Columbia, Turkey, and El Salvador.

The title refers to a Mayan community that drinks Coke to burp out evil spirits.  ;D and of course, I have been drinking a big tall icy-cold glass of coke while I'm reading. Ahhhhh,  "It's the real thing" and "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" because "Coke adds life" so "Have a Coke and a smile." ;D BURP!
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2009, 07:14:29 am »
Right now I'm reading "Cross Country" by Patterson.  I'm also reading "The Tale of Despereaux" for a children's reading group that I teach. It is a MOST excellent book!

I've got a stack of books on my bedside table that I was hoping to get to before the holidays (so I could ask for their sequals as gifts).  But, life happens and I'm just getting started.  Earlier, I read "Behind the Bedroom Wall" also for my children's group.

Mike, you're another Patterson fan, yes? 

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2009, 10:12:29 am »
Right now I'm reading "Cross Country" by Patterson. ...Mike, you're another Patterson fan, yes? 
yes! funny you should bring that. I had read that book earlier this yr living up in OH; but my Mom came home with it in paperback the other day and I coudl hardly remember what happened so I re-read it. Mom deseperately wanted to talk about it, so I had to put down the Coke book and uber-speed read through the thing to get her off my back. LOL Luckily, Patterson books tend to be written anymore to be gobbled up like that anyway ;) Not giving any of it anyway, cause it was still a Det Cross book, we weren't all that happy with it. It, like most of those that he is "co-writing", seemed a little flimsy, pretentious and not quite all believable.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Unabashedly-Bookish/The-James-Patterson-Factory-and-the-Appeal-of-Plot/bc-p/340435
When Patterson "writes" a book, he writes about a 60-page plot summary and sends it off to one of his staff writers, who fleshes out the text for him.  Staff writers mail him copy, and he edits it and sends it back.  Patterson has modeled his factory process off of the Hollywood film system.  Patterson's writers follow just a few stylistic rules: keep chapters short, use short sentences, and drive the plot forward with every word.
However, with the book deal he signed back in sept 09 two more Alex Cross books are coming, "I, Alex Cross" and "Alex Cross' Trial". Plus three more Women's Murder Club books. And even though I ragged on "Cross Country" some, you know I'll still be wanting to read all of these other ones because he made me care about Alex Cross and Lindsay Boxer.  ::) ROFL :D

Oh, and I read a few other books this last week. "The Overcoat and Other Stories" by Nikolai Gogol was only so-so as the stories were written around 1840-1850 or so. I was "researching some music online" (that means illegally downloading LOL) and was on some Russian kid's web blog that had a banner across the top of what I took to be famous Russians. I can't read Russian, so I was just guessing about that. Well one of those guys, this Nikolai Gogol looked just like my Randy! (Randy's mom freaked out when I emailed her a pix) I googled and wiki-ed and found out who he was, ordered a booked through the library, and read it. Bleh! The stories were okay I guess for 1850 but I guess I'm a too sophisticated reader here 160 yrs later, so the stories seemed very juvenile.

I also read "The Ground Truth" by John Farmer, the senior counsel to the 9/11 Commission, which tried to explain how what really happened and the story of what happened don't quite match (Cause like is human nature, people fudged the truth so they didn't look like they screwed up their jobs ::)), and "One Nation Under Fear" by Bob Cesca which I thoroughly emjoyed as I believe there to be entirely too much fear-mongering about everything these days. ;)

For fun, I've got some Trek books to read next :D, and one last non-fiction, "Unfriendly Fire: How the Gay Ban undermines the military and weakens America" by Nathaniel Frank. I'll finish those off through the weekend and head back to the library. It's really cool now living here so close to the state line. There's a Charlotte/Mecklenburg Cty NC branch about 5 miles away that we paid $35 to get yearly access and a Fort Mill/York Cty SC library 5 miles the other way that I can access for free as a resident. WooHoo! I just have to remember which ones I checked outta where though. ::) :D ROFL
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline WildcatCC

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2009, 12:58:59 pm »
I love the Alex Cross character in the James Patterson books. Good writing, good reading.

Also the Alex Delaware character in James Kellerman's books. He also has that gay lieutenant Milo Sturgis - an irascible, hardened cop. 
Apr  08 - Diagnosed
Apr  08  cd4 8, vl 150k
Meds: Prezista/Norvir/Truvada
June 08 cd4 250, vl 1600
Aug  08 cd4 275, vl 450
Meds: Atripla
Nov  08  cd4  386, vl 255
Jan   09  cd4  415, vl 2100 (spike?)
Feb   09  cd4 460, vl 212
May   09  cd4 515, vl 1200
Aug   09  cd4 717, vl 1535 % 23
Sept  09  cd4 535  vl 1710 % 18
Oct   09  genotype shows mutation. Discussing w/ ID Doc
Nov  09   cd4 480  vl 650   % 19
Dec  09 genotype slight mutation to Epivir and Retrovir
Jan 10   cd4 508 vl 250 (21%)  low vitamin d - on supplement 2000 iu/day
Mar 15 Change to Isentress and Truvada
May 5 cd4 498 vl 1485
June 16 cd4 550 vl undect!!!! (finally dammit)

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2009, 01:20:11 pm »
I've never read any of the Jonathan Kellerman "Alex Delaware" books; but once again, my mom just passed one of those off to me claiming that I just had to read it. LOL Since we're sharing the NC library account, that's in her name, I explained I'd be glad to let the library books go overdue (and she could pay the fine) if I really, really had to read that book this very weekend. ROFL Since it's a paperback she bought, she graciously conceded that I could finish the Coke book first ;); although she suggested I could renew the gays in the military book and just return the Trek books unread. :D

Not that I mind too much, but I didn't realize moving down here that not only would I read my regular amount of books; but that I'd also have to read along with my Mom's literay list too. ::) :D At least, I've already flatly drawn the line with her husband - I refuse to read those westerns and historical novels that he reads. >:( I already read the Dan Brown/Clive Cussler/et al spy books that he likes. ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

hwy11poz

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2009, 07:13:56 pm »
... I still need to read The Mayfield Witches, I think it's called by Anne Rice. Sigh, one day...

That title doesn't sound quite right - my Anne Rice books aren't in front of me, but I think it's "The Witching Hour". It's been years now since I read it, but it was wonderful and I think I will re-read it soon now.

Just finished Dan's Brown's "The Lost Symbol" and also like the Alex Cross books by James Patterson. I'm ashamed to say I haven't read as much lately - I've turned into a Mafia Wars addict on myspace.

I also quite liked "A Density of Souls" by Anne Rice's son, Christopher Rice, who is gay. It was his first book and also had some disturbed characters - like mother, like son I guess.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:17:53 pm by hwy11poz »

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2009, 07:56:29 pm »
Goddess, it's been ages since I picked up a book. I could use a trashy novel about now. Is Jackie Collins still writing? I still need to read The Mayfield Witches, I think it's called by Anne Rice. Sigh, one day...

Oh My Queen,

We have a full moon which is void in course with a lunar eclipse on New Years Eve this year.  I am dusting off my spell books to write a productivity spell for the upcoming year.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2009, 08:04:46 pm »
That title doesn't sound quite right - my Anne Rice books aren't in front of me, but I think it's "The Witching Hour". It's been years now since I read it, but it was wonderful and I think I will re-read it soon now.
yup, you're right.  I tried to read "The Witching Hour" once but only got through 150 of the 1,038 pages (no exaggeration!).  

And, yes, those Jackie Collins books were a fun.  Lucky Luciano was the name of the lead character I think?

Offline randym431

« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »
I don't read much.
But I do listen to audiobooks a lot at work on my mp3.
I work nights, so i can get away with it.
One audiobook I just finished was the one by the Dave Letterman
band leader Paul Shaffer "We'll Be Here For the Rest of Our Lives".
I really liked it. A lot of in site to the Vegas night life back in the rat pack days.
And on Paul's parents, his SNL days, and getting on Letterman.
A lot of entertainment history.

One hard copy book I just finished was "R.I.P."
It wasn't really a book book in that its mostly LAST WORDS AND SAYINGS
on celebrity and the famous head stones, or their last communication before passing away.
Also some head stone writings from long long ago.
A lot of humor in the book too.
Did you know in the old days, 1800's and before, it was typical to put "something"
on everyones head stone. If the deceased had given no last words, the friends or family
made up something. It was also a common way for "acquaintances" of the deceased
to get even with an less than liked deceased person.
Some of the head stone writings were down right mean and nasty on a persons stone
that was thought to be a nasty bad unlikable person. Funny but really nasty.
Like I said, a lot of humor there.

And last words or communication, usually witnessed by family on death watch.
One famous actress (can't remember which one off hand) her last words
were to her maid in the room. The dying bed ridden actress ask the
maid to hand her her hair brush. And then she was gone.
A famous writer wanted to be placed in a chair looking out at the sunset. Then he was gone.
Several people seen beautiful light, or heard faint calming music, that they mentioned just as they passed. One famous historian said "did you hear that?", and died.
Pretty interesting...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:35:45 pm by randym431 »
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2009, 08:38:04 pm »

It was also a common way for "acquaintances" of the deceased
to get even with an less than liked deceased person.
Some of the head stone writings were down right mean and nasty on a persons stone
that was thought to be a nasty bad unlikable person. Funny but really nasty.
Like I said, a lot of humor there.

My fathers last words were to criticize me.  He damned me for not replacing the fuel pump with factory equipment.  We shaked and baked him so there was no tombstone to have fun with   ;D  Have the best day
Michael
(who was an acquaintance)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.