Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:12:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 217
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Needls Exposure  (Read 14351 times)

Offline badshah

Needls Exposure
« on: February 11, 2010, 07:35:48 am »
Hi All,

I am very new to this forum. I have following exposures .Please assess my risk :-

I was sharing water bottle with my friend who is hiv+.After drinking water I noticed blood on the face of the bottle. It came from his mouth cut. I was also having fresh lip cut. What if the blood got into my cut ? Should I go for testing ?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Please assess my risk..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:48:25 am »
You were advised in another forum that you were not at risk of contracting HIV. The answers here are not going to be any different.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 08:24:24 am »
You are worrying without a shred of basis in HIV science. HIV is a fragile virus. It is not passed from environmental surfaces such as you are concerned about. You have no cause for further concern nor for testing.

A better use of your time would be to read our lesson on Transmission. You get all the basics there. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. 
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 07:52:24 am »
 if the blood get into my cut, you are saying no risk ?

But it is blood to blood contact and this is the main reasons of hiv that if infected blood get in mainstream it will infect other. please clarify in details

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 08:10:58 am »
No, it is still not a risk in the circumstances you have described.

Please read our lesson on Transmission as I have previosuly suggested to you. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section. You will find all of the basics covered there about how HIV is transmitted and how it is NOT transmitted. HIV is a fragile virus and is absolutely not transmitted in the manner you are concerned about.
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 08:14:48 am »
I have read that . It is mentioned that hiv can not be transmitted throgh sharing glass. But it is not mentioned what will happen if there is blood contact.

Belive me doctor , I am very eorried...Please help

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2010, 08:26:46 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 08:53:24 am »
Yes, I do believe you are worried. And again I am telling you that you are worried without any basis in HIV science.

HIV is a fragile virus. It is not transmitted from environmental surfaces such as your friend's blood being on a glass which then touched your injury. In order to be transmitted in a viable form, HIV requires the kind of receptive setting provided by inside a vagina or anus. It simply doesn't happen skin-to-skin topically say while involved in a fight or boxing or sports  nor from doorknobs or nicks at the barbershop or any of the many other ways which people worry unnecesarily about. HIV very quickly begins to break down when it is in the open air.  It is only transmittable between certain specific kinds of cells, cells which are not among those in the skin of your lip.

There is no need for testing nor for further concern on your part. If there was the slightest possibility of transmission in this manner we would tell you so and we would have known about long before today.

Get on with your life.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 08:56:10 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

Exposed to cut
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 12:12:10 am »

Hi All,

Yesterday, one of my friend met accident and it was bleeding a lot. I was helping him without gloves. I was also having fresh cut in my arm. I got scared if his blood get into my cut. What is the risk ? I am terrified as there was exchange of blood. Should I be worried ? Please reply me ....

Offline RapidRod

Re: Exposed to cut
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 02:41:17 am »
Return to your original thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 05:37:50 am »
Bad,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines.

One of our posting guidelines you need to pay close attention to is the one that you also agreed to in our Terms of Membership when you joined this website. Each member is only allowed ONE account. I've rejected the new account you applied for. Do that again and you'll be permanently banned from these forums.

When you created an account with the AIDSmeds Forums, you agreed to have only one account. Starting multiple accounts is against the rules of the Forum and will cause you to be banned from our forums.

Did you actually rub your "fresh cut" into the bleeding cuts on your friend's hand? I doubt it. It sounds very much to me like you have an hiv phobia. We cannot help you with that here. Go test if you like, but you will not be permitted to use this website to present your hiv fantasies.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline badshah

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 08:08:21 am »
Sorry for opening new thread.

Just wanted to know if infected blood get into cut, how there is no risk  ?

I am very much tensed and seek your help.

Please dont ban me..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 09:22:52 am »
HIV is not your problem. Your problem is your fears about HIV infection which have no basis in HIV science. I suggest you see a counselor or other professional to discuss this matter. That's something we cannot address properly in this setting.

And if you continue to come here with these non-risk situations you are going to get a Time Out.
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 06:25:34 am »
To Andy/Ann,

I may be disturbing u. But just put yourself in my position. Next month I am going to get married. Don't you think I need to get clarified whether I am infected. I just wanted to be sure that I am not going to infect other.....

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2010, 06:51:12 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 09:18:58 am »
Bad,

If you and your wife-to-be have been sexually active, then you BOTH should get tested for hiv and all the other STIs before you get married and start having unprotected intercourse. If neither of you have had unprotected intercourse in your lives, then you're worrying over nothing. Nothing you've brought to us so far has been a risk for hiv infection.

If you continue on with the paranoia you've displayed so far, you WILL be given a time out. We're not a counselling or babysitting service.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline badshah

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 10:44:02 pm »
To Andy/Ann/Rod

Thanks for ur time. Now I am quite relaxed.
Just one last question.

Do u mean to say HIV will not be transferred w/o unprotected vaginal/anal sex, sharing needles whatver else happens ?

Offline badshah

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 10:53:42 pm »
If this is so, how health care professionals are getting infectd ?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 04:59:42 am »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 07:58:40 am »
It doesn't seem to me that you are really listening to anything that is being said to you. Rather you are just returning here with random fears about HIV.

Instead of doing that you need to (re)read our lesson on Transmission. All of the basics are covered there. In the meantime I am going to give you the 28 Day Time Out you have been warned about. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name for yourself. We will be able to spot that and it will get you banned permanently from this site.

Now go about your business and get on with your life. 
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

Needls Exposure
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 10:19:33 am »
Hi Andy/Rod/Ann,

I am very scared for my following exposure.

If any needle is used to draw the blood what is the risk for HIV.

It happened to me last week.

The needle was in air for 5-10 minutes .

I know it sounds silly but I am worried

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Needls Exposure
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 10:51:52 am »
Your concern is not clear. Do you mean that a needle was used to draw blood in a medical setting? If that is your concern, it falls under the heading of "what ifs" rather than a genuine risk.
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2010, 01:20:19 am »
yes it happened in medical setting..the nurse reused the needle.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2010, 09:58:23 am »
How did you get the idea that she "re-used" a needle? That doesn't make sense in a medical setting.
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2010, 11:20:58 pm »
Because I did not see her opening new syring...That is why I am thinking she has "reused" a needle. It is also posible that she has used fresh needle. But if she not, what is the risk for HIV..???

Offline badshah

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2010, 01:03:51 am »
Probably I am thinking about worst scenario.
But I just wanted to know what is the risk in "WORST" scenario..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 07:29:27 am »
Bad,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - AGAIN. Get with the program already!!! It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Worst case? You didn't have a risk but you drive yourself mad with whatiffs. Stop it right now. If you insist on going on and on about this latest NO RISK situation, you'll be given another time out, and this one will last for 56 days.

PLEASE CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline badshah

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 08:43:56 am »
Hi Andy,
I know probably I am disturbing you lot. But believe me yesterday something happened that put me in worry.

I was in public toilet. I was in in hurry so that I could not clear properly before using it. Foreskin of my penis touched the toilet seat and I felt like it was  some semen. Now I am worrying a lot as I know that foreskin the most vulnerable for hiv. Please help me..and I will never bother you..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2010, 08:53:30 am »
Once again, there was no risk of transmission of HIV from your penis touching the toilet seat. HIV is not transmitted from environmental surfaces such as toilet seats, doorknobs, dishes, food and such.

You need to read our lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

As Ann has warned you we are not here to babysit you through every fearful thought you have about HIV. I am going to give you that 56 Day Time Out which you have been warned about. Don't make the mistake of trying to get around it by creating a new name for yourself. We'll spot that right off and it will get you banned permanently from the site.

Now get on with your life. And remember, the only confirmed means of sexual transmission of HIV are through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. All of the other so-called risks are theoretical and don't happen in the real world of HIV.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 08:56:12 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2010, 08:55:46 am »
Thanks Andy.
I want to learn from the post. Dont ban me please.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2010, 09:02:32 am »
The ban is in place. You can still read the lessons.
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 09:30:49 am »
Good day to all,

Just wanted to know is there any reason that small cuts, scratches do not put a risk ? I was reading lot of posts.So it came ti my mind to gather a knowledge from you experts...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 09:38:15 am »
We're not interested in more what ifs. Nicks, cuts and bruises are not risks for HIV. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted in that manner.

You need to know that if you continue to return with speculative questions and non-risks you will find yourself being permanently banned from this site.

If  you read our lesson on Transmission you get all the basics there that you need to know. If you can't let go of your unwarranted concerns about HIV then get some professional help with that. We cannot address that need in this setting.
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 12:13:25 pm »
Sorry andy for being rude.

I did not intend to disturb you or to get permanent ban..What is wanted is to gather some knowledge about HIV transmission.

I am taking "what if". I am just taking one scenario.If you answer me please, I will never come back no matters if u ban me.

When we are talking "bodily fluid" exchange is that mean unprotected vaginal or  anal sex ? or blood transfusion.? What if someone gets cut with a knife immediately after someone hiv+,
will the blood on the knife able to infect ? You probably will say "NO..MOVE ON"...but could you please elaborate why ? Will not the blood on knife find its way through the cut...?

You might be saying that AIR EXPOSURES result in damage in HIV...that is why I mentioned immediately(within few seconds).....? Probably I have asked some bad question....I will never come back if you answer me....If you want ban me but please answer me so that I can have clear knowledge about cuts , scratches, knife cuts and HIV exposures before I leave this forum..

Thanks in advance.

Offline badshah

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2010, 12:37:33 am »
Sorry andy for being rude.

I did not intend to disturb you or to get permanent ban..What is wanted is to gather some knowledge about HIV transmission.

I am not taking "what if". I am just taking one scenario.If you answer me please, I will never come back no matters if u ban me.

When we are talking "bodily fluid" exchange is that mean unprotected vaginal or  anal sex ? or blood transfusion.? What if someone gets cut with a knife immediately after someone hiv+,
will the blood on the knife able to infect ? You probably will say "NO..MOVE ON"...but could you please elaborate why ? Will not the blood on knife find its way through the cut...?

You might be saying that AIR EXPOSURES result in damage in HIV...that is why I mentioned immediately(within few seconds).....? Probably I have asked some bad question....I will never come back if you answer me....If you want ban me but please answer me so that I can have clear knowledge about cuts , scratches, knife cuts and HIV exposures before I leave this forum..

Thanks in advance.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2010, 05:18:46 am »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2010, 07:18:19 am »
Read the lesson on Transmission. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

Unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse are the only confirmed sexual means of transmitting HIV. HIV is a fragile virus and is almost instantly non-viable when exposed to the air. Events such as nicks, bruises and such are not risks. Nor are environmental surfaces such as food, doorknobs, knives, shared drinking and eating utensils.

Cuts? Well, I supposed if you had a large and just opened bleeding wound into which someone poured a lot of HIV+ blood it could be a risk. But that isn't going to really happen, is it? So that kind of "thinking" is just more of your fears running wild.

We're not going to get into conversations with you about theoretical possibilties. And if you continue to return with that sort of stuff I can tell you that you are going to very quickly find yourself getting banned again.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 12:10:15 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline badshah

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2010, 09:31:31 am »
Sorry Andy,

Thanks for your constant support...

Offline badshah

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2010, 08:18:20 am »
Hi Andy,

This question I wanted to ask you not for the reason that I have phobia but for the reason that I want to learn...

When you say HIV dies quickly when exposed to air  what does it mean..?How quickly it get deactivated? Within few seconds ?few minutes? or few hours ?

Thanks in advance..

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2010, 09:40:36 am »
Bad,

Within a few seconds.

You do have an hiv phobia - that much is apparent from the questions you've asked over and over. We cannot help you with your phobia here.

You are now permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.