Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 09:33:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 187
Total: 188

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I joined this site a while back because I thought I might have HIV  (Read 5096 times)

Offline Chasey

I read a lot of the posts on here and tried to seek advice etc from them.

Turns out I am HIV positive. I'm also having big troubles with my boyfriend because of it, aswell as self esteem issues and general shock and anxiety, and the feeling of being alone about it all =/

I'm glad this forum is here. It gives me some sense of hope.

Offline lusopt

Re: I joined this site a while back because I thought I might have HIV
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:15:23 pm »
But you already tested positive, or you just think that you are +?
15/11/06: HIV-
28/10/08: HIV +
- No Meds -
18/11/08: CD4 -650 (.......)  / -17.500 VL
01/03/09: CD4- 540 (19,6%) / - 2090 VL
17/07/09: CD4 -603 (20,1%) / - 5040 VL
27/10/09: CD4 -627 (21,5%) / - 10.896 VL
25/03/10: CD4 -609 (23,9%) / -11.602 VL
12/09/10: CD4 -555 (........) / - 55.500 VL
21/04/11: CD4 -466 (17%)   / - 50.339 VL
01/10/11: CD4 -375 (19%)   / - 73.058 VL

Started, Epzicom and Sustiva
01/02/12: CD4 -298 (23%)   / - undetectable

Offline Chasey

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 11:08:03 am »
I have tested positive.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 11:40:42 am »
Sorry to hear the reason. But as you know, we all went through it so try to notice that at least here in the forum you are not alone. You'll see eventually in life you are not alone either. Its a shocker.

About the boyfriend, maybe get the two of you into couples therapy to work it out. Its a hard thing all alone, or just two, if the communication isnt so good. 

Just remember, HIV positive is VERY morally and emotionally loaded "identity" but as a sickness its just a stupid lethal annoying virus, and there are excellent medicines these days.  So if finally your BF can't deal, try try try not to take this a personal rejection, that decision will probably be all about himself.

About feeling alone - so what is your plan for finding support?

Best wishes!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline tag_man08

• Keep Dreaming!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 10:38:40 pm »
A goal for now is to not be alone....you need to talk to someone....if your BF isn't ready to talk...then find someone who will....

The first few months into my diagnosis....I continuously wanted to be alone...but my friends would not let me.  They continued to make me go out, do some shopping, go eat, basically continue like I was before.  As much as I hated it....they were right all along.  Having some good friends is key right now.  If you don't want to tell anyone, this site will help you for sure.  There are lots of people here to help you with advise.  You are not alone.  This is just another chapter in your life right now.  It will pass. 

Just take this time to reorganize your life.  Your priorties have changed now, that's all.  You can still do all and everything you have ever dreamed.  Don't let the disease take over you....YOU are in control right now.

08/30/07:  The HIV diagnosis...
09/07/07:  CD4 299 (21%)  VL 160K
01/07/08:  CD4 396 (26%)  VL 125K
04/21/08:  CD4 478 (25%)  VL 92K
09/03/08:  CD4 313 (23%)  VL 10K
11/03/08:  CD4 338 (23%)  VL 30K
11/21/08:  Isentress & Truvada
12/05/08:  CD4 485 (29%)  VL  undetectable in two weeks
03/13/09:  CD4 575 (30%)  VL  undetectable

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.