Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:41:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 519
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 504
Total: 505

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: ANDY please help  (Read 4016 times)

Offline needurhlp007

• Standard
ANDY please help
« on: July 16, 2012, 02:57:15 pm »
In 1992 I became ill with deep thigh pain (both), diarrhea, swollen lymph nodes, weight loss narrowing of my ileum and fatigue. I was bedridden for over a year. I tested for hiv 6 and 8 months after any possible exposure (which was kissing the sweating forehead of someone I knew dying from hiv) no other possible exposure since. I saw twenty doctors who could not help me. I slowly went up and down with some recovery to feeling sick over the course of 14 years. I decided I would try and have a baby with my wife who tested hit negative in 2005 before having our baby in 2006. Recently my child became ill with some hip pain and elevated Liver enzymes decreased wbc (1.7) and fever for 7 days over 101. degrees was hospitalized and tested for EBV , Hep, and bone marrow all came out fine except the EBV showed previous . Thank God his WBC improved in 2 days to 3.2 and Liver enzymes went down to 300 from 2000. i am worrying myself thinking it has something to do with me.I am now having weight loss of 20 lbs severe fatigue, diarrhea again for the last 2 months. Andy please help me I don't know where to turn. I tested again for HIV 1/2 two weeks ago NEGATIVE but my symptoms remain and my kid has a lymph node behind his ear. No doctors have been able to help me because my CBC are all normal WBC 8.0 etc. but now show ELEVATED EBV. They have me on anti anxiety and anti depressant  meds which are really ridiculous. Am I being irrational? IS HIV eluding the tests that I have been taking 4X since 1992?I have tried to move on with my life by even considering having a child 14 years and having these symptoms. What to do??
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 03:00:32 pm by needurhlp007 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: ANDY please help
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:51:56 pm »
Based on what you have reported of your activities nothing there put you at risk for HIV. Including kissing the headband of a person dying of HIV-related causes.

HIV is a fragile virus and is only passed through unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse, the sharing of intravenous needles and the exchange of body fluids in very particular ways, none of which you have done.

So whatever is going on with you and your family members has nothing to do with HIV. Just because you haven't received a satisfactory explanation and treatment for same does not by default mean HIV is the cause. It isn't.

You need to continue to work with your doctor(s) to find the real cause.

HIV is not your problem. Period. And no further HIV testing is needed.   
Andy Velez

Offline needurhlp007

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 04:12:29 pm »
Thank you Andy. My last unprotected vaginal sex was in in 1991 but my symptoms are really concerning me terribly til this date. I just don't know what else to do or what kind of doctor to see at this point. I CANNOT EAT CERTAIN FOODS ANY LONGER LIKE DAIRY ETC. it is just so scary. NO ONE SEEMS ABLE TO ASSIST ME

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 05:05:15 pm »
Whatever is going on has nothing to do with HIV. Our focus here is strictly on HIV so there is nothing more we can help you with in this setting.

Keep after your doctor(s) to find out what the real problem is. It's not HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline needurhlp007

• Standard
I have tested 4X ELISA negative and most recently June 2012... 20 years after any possible exposure. I have been feeling very ill with dark circles under eyes, weight loss, diarrhea, fatigue and low testosterone.  I am concerned with what i have read about hypogonadism. Am I being irrational?? PLEASE HELP!! I'm so concerned.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 11:44:18 am »
First of all, as stated in the opening thread of this section, members are supposed to write all entries in the same thread. Do not start new threads. Thanks for your cooperation.

You are HIV negative. Period. End of the story.

If you have physical concerns you need to address them with your doctor(s). HIV is not the problem. We can't diagnose anything here.
Andy Velez

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 12:36:35 pm »

You are HIV negative. Period. End of the story.

If you have physical concerns you need to address them with your doctor(s). HIV is not the problem. We can't diagnose anything here.

Not much more to add than whats already been said here. Im wishing you the best.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.