Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:32:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 469
Total: 472

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Comdom break exposing tip  (Read 8408 times)

Offline loner_boy29

Comdom break exposing tip
« on: March 25, 2012, 10:52:56 am »
I am a male from India-Mumbai.Today morning 3.00 am I had sex with a csw.I used condoms.However it got broken in between of sex.I didn't came to know while having sex.However I do a periodic withdrawal of penis during sex.I did sex for around 10min-15 min.My penis tip may have got exposed for 3min-5min .Today afternoon I inspected my penis I found a small potion(2mm-3mm) of my inner foreskin wounded(looks shinny and a upper layer pealed off)-it also pains a bit.However there are no wound on tip of penis..I am very worried.

1)Please access my risk?

2)Is nPEP warranted?

Guide me please!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Comdom break exposing tip
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 11:55:30 am »
No, I would not consider beginning PEP to be necessary. The condom protected you until it broke. We're talking about only a single incident of relatively short duration. And transmitting HIV from female to male is much more difficult to accomplish than the other way around. With all of that in mind I don't see this as a situation which calls for PEP.

You can get tested at 6 weeks after the incident. Assuming you test negative as I expect, you should get tested again at 3 months for a conclusive negative result.

I expect you to come out of this ok. 
Andy Velez

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 01:52:27 am »
This is the most disgusting phase of my life.Past 3 months I have spend my life worrying about HIV from a no risk exposure--I have terrible flu for 10 days 4 weeks after having protected sex .Now I have a real exposure.My anxiety levels have risen to astronomical levels.
 I was drunk and shouldn't have gone to csw after that.I have just been to a government counseling center in a local government hospital.The state of government hospital in India are so bad.India has the world most conservative health care system.Councilors were Ok.However they said that PEP is available only to hospital staff. There is no PEP for other people.There was no Infectious disease doctor in that hospital (which is also a government councilling center for HIV/AIDS and TB.The whole hospital stinks and is very untidy.
 Andy I am very scared I want to be safe.I am an IT professional and my job demands me to do a 12 hrs-14 hrs shift.If I have HIV then my whole life will turn upside down.Yesterday night I cried and confessed everything to my Mom.She told me that everything will be ok.Thank you for your opinion too.I am very much worried about my family.I am planning to do a HIV DUO by CMIA in 4 weeks mark and then again re test in 6 week mark.Thanks you again!!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 08:11:52 am »
Well despite your fears the odds remain in your favor that you will test negative for the reasons I have stated previously.

If you test negative at 6 weeks then the likelihood is that you will continue to test negative at 3 months.

It sounds like you have a demanding job and that can actually help you during the waiting time because your mind can be focused on work and not just your fears. That will help the waiting time to pass more easily than you may imagine is possible.
Andy Velez

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 03:19:58 am »
Have you seen any insensitive partner  testing POZ after condom break incident.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 07:33:58 am »
Loner,

In over ten years of replying to questions in the Am I Infected forum, I have never seen the insertive partner test positive following a condom break and I do not expect you to be the first. I fully expect you to test hiv negative.

However, you do need to test to make sure. You should also have a full panel of STI tests done. You are much more at risk for getting something like chlamydia or gonorrhea in this situation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 11:49:50 am »
Thanks Ann for your reply..I been to a doctor yesterday.He told me that this was a low risk exposure.However since I insisted on PEP he gave me a medicine i.e Dinmek 30 tabs which contains tenofovir disoproxil fumarate 300 mg,Lamivudine 300 mg and Efavirenz 600mg .I took my 1st PEP tab 40 hrs after the exposure.He told me to take these 1 tab every night before going to bed. I am facing side effects like giddiness .

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:07:00 pm »
I am really scared ..The doctor also told me that I am late in receiving PEP.He told me that if I was so keen on taking PEP I should have taken it on with 24 hrs.However since it was Sunday and I assumed that his clinics was closed...I done the greatest mistake of my life by seeking sex in such a fashion..

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 05:32:48 pm »
What's done is done. As Ann has said to you, your risk was a relatively low level one.

We expect you to come out of this ok.
Andy Velez

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 01:07:24 am »
Should I continue with PEP?Do you think that it will be really effective or practical? --becoz it was 40 hr after exposure.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 01:32:55 am »
Should I continue with PEP?Do you think that it will be really effective or practical? --becoz it was 40 hr after exposure.

I wouldn't have taken PEP at all if I were in your circumstance. Whether or not you continue is up to you. PEP is thought to be effective is commenced 72 hours post exposure.

The thing to remember with PEP is that it extends the window period. So you need to test not 12 weeks from the date of the unprotected sexual encounter but 12 weeks from when you stop taking PEP.

It really depends on how long you want to wait for your test result.

MtD

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2012, 06:15:51 am »
Why you guys think PEP is not necessary in this scenario?

I also want to test early.IS DNA PCR test good.Money is not a problem.This thing is affecting my job now.

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 06:22:02 am »
Remembers guys I had sex with a CSW in Mumbai.Will this change your advise on PEP.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 06:28:18 am »
Why you guys think PEP is not necessary in this scenario?

I also want to test early.IS DNA PCR test good.Money is not a problem.This thing is affecting my job now.
PCR-DNA tests are not approved screening tests for HIV.

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 02:51:33 am »
Is my PEP combination fine?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 05:49:33 am »
loner,

While you did not need PEP, the combo you are on is effective. The "giddy" side effect you are experiencing is due to the efavirenz and it will go away when you stop taking the meds, if not before.

DO NOT take the DNA PCR test - not if you value your sanity. They are not approved for diagnostic use as they have a high rate of FALSE positive results. That's the last thing you need right now.

You should not have ANY hiv testing done while you're on PEP. You should have had a rapid antibody test before you were prescribed PEP (to make sure you weren't already hiv positive from some other exposure), but there is no point in having any hiv testing done until after you've finished PEP.

The earliest you should test post-PEP is at six weeks after you have taken your last dose of PEP - and you only need to be tested with an antibody test, NOT a PCR test.

Provided your six week post-PEP antibody test is negative (and I fully expect it to be), you will need to confirm at three months. There are no short cuts when it comes to testing for hiv.

Even if you have PCR testing after you complete PEP, ANY PCR result will have to be confirmed with standard antibody testing anyway, so don't waste your money.

Again, you did not need PEP. You did not need PEP because hiv is significantly more difficult to transmit from a woman to a man. Also, PEP is not recommended for the insertive partner when the receptive partner's hiv status is unknown. Even when the receptive partner IS known to be hiv positive, PEP is rarely given as it really isn't needed except in a very few specific circumstances.

In sexual situations, PEP is really only recommended for the receptive partner in anal or vaginal intercourse. PEP consists of very strong medications and should not be taken unless there is a clear and present danger of transmission. This is not the case where you are concerned.

I fully expect you to test hiv negative after this brief incident, whether or not PEP is used.

Ann

edited for clarity and to correct spelling
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 05:53:12 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 06:53:19 am »
Hi;
 This year is the worst year of my life.Ann I used this forum before and I was banned for posting for a low risk exposure.Do you remember 'Tango'?I did test earlier

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40815.0

After that I never had any sex or any exposure beside this one.Do you think I need to test again as baseline? I am really scared.My whole life seems to be in stand still.Please don't ban me now for making duplicate a/c.I had no options.I am very much terrified.

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2012, 06:55:27 am »
Even doc told me to do this test. Because of my busy work schedule  I couldn't afford any time.

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2012, 06:58:24 am »
Also fail to mention I didn't washed my gentiles after condom break.Will this put me on high risk of HIV?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2012, 07:06:39 am »
Also fail to mention I didn't washed my gentiles after condom break.Will this put me on high risk of HIV?
No that would not put you at any higher risk.

Offline loner_boy29

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2012, 07:14:33 am »
Can you guys also answer my question on baseline test?I need some guidance.posted my earlier experience.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2012, 09:26:54 am »
Hi;
 This year is the worst year of my life.Ann I used this forum before and I was banned for posting for a low risk exposure.Do you remember 'Tango'?I did test earlier

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=40815.0

After that I never had any sex or any exposure beside this one.Do you think I need to test again as baseline? I am really scared.My whole life seems to be in stand still.Please don't ban me now for making duplicate a/c.I had no options.I am very much terrified.

Loner/Tango,

Do whatever you want regarding testing. You pay no attention to what we tell you anyway.

One of the things you failed to pay attention to is our strict rule regarding members having more than one account. You were told repeatedly as Tango that creating a new account will result in a permanent ban.

You're now permanently banned. Don't whinge that we're being unfair - you were warned.

Your claim to have "no other option" is not true. You could have emailed us and politely asked for your Tango ban to be lifted. It's not our fault you would rather use deception than honesty.

You've been repeatedly told that you are highly unlikely to test positive over this brief incident - and now you're just going to have to wait out the window period on your own. Too bad you misused this forum earlier in the year, eh?

Ann
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 09:29:43 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.