Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:57:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 209
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Part III: Threads of Our Heads - The E-Soap for Poz Women  (Read 80776 times)

Offline sunseeker

Re: Dating Part III: Threads of Our Heads - The E-Soap for Poz Women
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 10:57:19 pm »
Hi Ladies

Survived the Tim Mcgraw and Faith Hill concert will all of those cowboys in tight jeans.  It sucks to be recently single and before being positive would I would not think twice about being a big flirt, now not so much.  Just finally told a friend of mine, we both have had a major crush on each other for the last ten years, but it never has seemed to be the right time for us.  Lately our relationship has changed, so I thought.  He got married two years ago and always said he should of not got married to his current wife since he felt pressured.  He always says that I was the one he should marry but was never sure if he was just being a flirt or was some what serious.   He is recently separated and our conversations have turned very flirty and sexual in nature so I decided to tell him about my status.  That night he came over and I explained briefly about my status and it did not seem to bother him as things got pretty heated in the kitchen and then he left for the night.  He also told me that his wife is 3 months pregnant and he feels lost since she tricked him.  Ever since then, two weeks ago he has not come over but we both text eachother and it is flirty in nature.  I flat out asked him if my status bothers him and he said no.  I am not sure what to do.  I want to give him his space due to his pending divorce and a kid on the way.  But I can't help but wonder if he is just keeping up the text messages so he does not have to tell.   Any advise ladies.   

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2007, 02:15:55 am »
Hi ML

very quick one b4 I rush off. Thanks for your PM... no need 4 it though i just say what i think, and i think you're a treasure.
regarding Doc, I think you should tell him when you feel that you are comfortable enough, whether from the conversation or from time passing or from the atmo. it looks like he is trying to get confortable too.

at the end of the day we are all humans looking for the same thing, or at least we must make sure that you are looking for the same things. if you see that you are compatible, if you want to have sex with him, if you see yourselves together, than you should tell him. if only because "the secret" grows with time, and because if - and i reallty hope not - he isn't able to take it, it will be less painful when it is earlier.

off to gym
group hug!

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2007, 02:18:25 am »
Hi Sunseeker~

Your situation reminds me of the crush I had/have? on Jay.  He is the entire reason I came to poz.com and then started posting.  Jay is going through a divorce and although I never got that next date, and I never disclosed, things were getting heated between us as well.  We were getting VERY close and spoke every day.  What I finally realized was, I can't make this guy come to me, I can't make him like me if he has a pending divorce and job worries.  Jay was under a lot of stress and basically things came to a halt on 7/13.  He had things in his personal life that he just had to tend to.  It sounds like with your friend you should lay low, because he has a lot on his plate as well.  Since he has been a good friend for so long, he'll come back around.  He just needs time to think about his new child coming into the world.  He needs to think about your status, as well.  I guess what I'm saying is, that in my opinion you should respect him and not distract him right now.  That's what I have done with Jay, set him free, basically.  Your friend, although you were close and intimate, isn't thinking clearly right now, unfortunately.  Don't go to him looking for answers because right now he may only tell you what you want to hear because he is stressed.  Be a smart girl, lay low, and he's sure to miss hearing from you.  He'll come back around when he can breathe a little easier!  Its so much better when a guy seeks YOU out, because then you know its sincere.

Hang in there, and keep posting!  

Hi Drag~

I never heard from Doc tonight!  I think he is catching up on sleep!  LOL  I will have to disclose during the next date or the one after.  He wants to be close, but like I said, I want to get inside his head some too.  I may be able to do that all in one night!   ;D  Moving fast, but time has been a wasting for me.  Thanks for posting!

~Cindy

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 02:20:43 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2007, 05:30:51 am »
Hi SunSeeker

Nice to meet you  :)

I agree with ML completely, I think this guy is even more "off limits" than Jay. After all he got his wife pregnant 3 months ago. Be very very careful in what you'r egetting into. You don't want to end up as the GF on the side while this guy takes his time thinking if he wants to get back to his wife or not.

I'll tell you a little story. A few months before I was diagnosed a guy asked me out. He was a little older than me, early 40s, which is usually too old, but I was very lonely and met him through work so I was like, whatever. We met in a bar and he proceeded to get pretty drunk and told me, that he was seperated from his wife and kids because he had gotten a woman pregnant. This woman had the child and remained with her own husband. He told me that that woman was chasing him etc.

Afterwards I saw him again socially, not alone (I told him it was too much for me, and I had met the ex who later dumped me when I was diagnosed). Eariler this year I had become very good friends with the woman he had gotten pregnant. She told me a whole different story. Let's say this guy was playing with her feelings for a long time, but when the s*** hit the fan (she got pregnant), and even when his wife threw him out, he wouldn't commit to this woman even though he told her he was the love of his life. Recently, this guy has gotten back with his wife and kids, while this woman is raising their child with her husband, and he hardly comes to see the child.

I want to use this guy as an example of the "tangled up" guy. He always has emotional issues, he is always semi-committed, just breaking up, or being stalked by some crazy bitch, whom most times if you got to meet, would be quite normal! Some guys just love the drama of being involved with more than just one woman. I am not saying that your friend is necessarily like this and you know him better than me. I personally am wary of anyone who has very bad things to say about his wife/ex, esp. if he had just gotten her pregnant. Just be careful, watch out for yourself, please.

Take care all,
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

tendai

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2007, 06:03:35 am »
ML my hearts in my mouth for you. fingers, toes, elbows, knees, ankles, eyes crossed about the disclosure thing. u r so brave girl, i'm still a coward and i dont know if i'll ever get those words out my mouth again after two rejections.  i really really really hope this works out for you..he'd be an idiot if he got scared off and let u get away.

sunseeker i agree with ML that u give him his space for a while till he sorts himself out with all his drama and shit going on right now. someone once told me that a man with a child will never be yours completely, u'll always share him with the mother and the child.  but in the meantime i'd occupy my mind with other things if i were u and not worry too much over him. just my 2c worth..

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2007, 07:43:39 am »
Good Morning Everyone!

I have nothing to contribute except that I'm glad to see all of the support being given here.

ML -- Like everyone else, I am hopeful that the disclosure to Doc, if you find he's someone you wish to be close to, goes smoothly and doesn't meet with rejection. Every day carries risk, every human interaction carries risk, you're becoming a risk expert.

Drag -- going to the gym, huh? You inspire me to think about at least walking more than I do and getting my free weights out. Okay--I've got the vision.

SS -- You're getting good advice regarding Future Father. You're just assuring him of his attractiveness and marketability, frankly. He's knee-deep in trying to figure out what the f*** he's doing and going to do. Were I you I would run in the opposite direction. Blunt, but true.

Catch y'all later. Nothing new here.

Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2007, 12:31:04 pm »
A big thank you GFs for your honest replies.  It really helps, makes me smile and tear up again, so knock it off, lol!  Just kidding!  I didn't hear from Doc last night, and don't have any plans today.  My parents are throwing a big party at their place tomorrow for my Dad's employee who is turning 32 or so.  My parents are 60, I don't think they quite know what they're getting into, throwing a kegger for 35 people at their home!  I used to work for a catering company as a bookkeeper and party planner, so Mom wants me over there to help out, but says it isn't necessary.  I am 37, and it just dawned on me, maybe some single guys over there?  Shit, why didn't I think of this sooner?  LOL  As you know, I usually don't go for the young ones, but if I just want some eye candy......Hmmmm!

A lady I interviewed with last Friday (3 women interviewed me all at once and I kicked ass) emailed to say they hadn't made their decision yet.  I replied saying if she wanted another interview I would be glad to come in.  I can't stand this, cause this means there is someone else competitive like me, possibly edging out the job I want!  I wonder if they'll make their decision today?  I haven't worked since May 18th, I don't want to dive into my savings if I don't have to.  My mortgage alone would deplete it very quickly, but if I am smart, I can go a little longer and take the summer off!  Ahhhhhhh........

Mr. Hot Short Norwegian called last night after returning from a biz trip.  He loves to run his mouth, lol, I actually started yawning on the phone!  Hee hee.  He hasn't asked to get together again yet, but I'll give him time, I have Doc on the brain.

I'll keep you posted!

Queen where are you?   :D

~Cindy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2007, 08:48:42 pm »
I am looking forward to the day when we have a Women's Gathering...I think we'll eventually get to that point. Maybe we can all converge in some place easy to get to...maybe near Philly or DC. Just throwing it out there.

I came home to a v-mail message from Bakery Man---nice way to end the day and week. He was calling, from a mountaintop in New England, to say that his trip was extended by a week and a half and that he's looking forward to seeing me when he returns. There's something about simple, direct communication. So, while we're not wildly text-messaging, and no one has the other's e-mail, this is plenty good enough as an easy, slow start.

So, BIG contribution, heh? A real page-turner, huh? Has you just hanging on the edge of balcony saying "Drop me, will ya? I can't stand the boredom!!!" For the love of all things containing corn syrup, hand me the f'n gummy bears, will ya?

Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2007, 10:04:15 pm »
Hi Em~

Thanks for the update.  So glad to hear Bakery Man called you!  Woo-hoo!  Its great that he called ahead to let you know he was thinking about you!  But damn, now we have to wait another 2 wks or so for your hot date details! 

Doc got online earlier and IMed me.  He's boxing things up, getting ready for his floors to be done tomorrow.  Moving furniture around and all.  He typed "Missed you last night" which took me a little off-guard.  Very nice to hear something like that from him, aside from all of the flirtatious innuendos of late. 

Really good band is coming to town tomorrow, one that JAY really wanted to see.  I am helping my parents out at their place with a party for about 40 people or so.  I don't think I want to stay late with a bunch of drunk 30 year olds.   Mr. Good Zip Code said he would be seeing the band tomorrow.  I will absolutely die if I go there and I have Mr. Good Zip Code and JAY in the same room.  JAY just puts me in the "zone."  I don't have to tell any of you.

So, we'll see what happens........

***Heard from Nicole, she has family in town this week and has been super busy.  We should see her here again soon!***

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 10:08:12 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2007, 10:29:17 pm »
Oh la Ladies,
So the world turns, another episode on the this day time drama.

I just wanted to say I'm missing all you ladies, it's funny how there are more intelligent women on this forum then there are in my every day life....

I agree with E, we should have a gathering one day.....

This is the best support group ever!!!!!!

Much love, and best of luck with the job Cindy.....sending out prayers...
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2007, 10:37:53 pm »
Hi Girls

Thanks for all of the encouraging words.  Em I don't mind your bluntness in the least, sometimes I need that kick in the ass.  No worries here, but it gave me the strength not IM him in his car.  So I sat in mine and listened to his sexy voice on my scanner all day.   We are both in law enforcement and we work for different agencies and know a lot of the same people so scary at times to think I told him my status since my parents don't know, but I am actually trusting a guy when he says that he will not say anything this is a first.  But the replies I got back made me not text him and will wait to see if I hear from Mr. Cop.  

Moonlight I am glad to hear that you heard from the Doc that is a good sign of things to come.  Have fun at your concert and at your parents.  I have to work till 7pm tomorrow but the first annual Lonely Hearts Club is having its first going out.  Three of my officers broke up with their girlfriends last week, the same time I broke up with my boyfriend, so that should fun.  I look forward to a night of dancing and few martini's to start my weekend.

Tendai and Dragonette Thanks for your advise as well and I am keeping my self busy and I agree that the babies mother will always be apart of his/our lives forever.  But thanks for giving me a much needed reality check, I could not agree with you more.  And its very nice to meet the both of you as well.

Sometimes I think this is better than watching General Hospital.  :)    

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2007, 12:12:30 am »
Hi Em~

Thanks for the update.  So glad to hear Bakery Man called you!  Woo-hoo!  Its great that he called ahead to let you know he was thinking about you!  But damn, now we have to wait another 2 wks or so for your hot date details! 

My sentiments exactly!! Now we ALL have to wait. Hey, I just thought of another title....Days of our Hives! But, none of us has hives so we can't use it.

Hi Girls

Thanks for all of the encouraging words.  Em I don't mind your bluntness in the least, sometimes I need that kick in the ass.  No worries here, but it gave me the strength not IM him in his car.  So I sat in mine and listened to his sexy voice on my scanner all day.   We are both in law enforcement and we work for different agencies and know a lot of the same people so scary at times to think I told him my status since my parents don't know, but I am actually trusting a guy when he says that he will not say anything this is a first.  But the replies I got back made me not text him and will wait to see if I hear from Mr. Cop.  

Three of my officers ...

Sometimes I think this is better than watching General Hospital.  :)    

SS -- You actually get to WATCH a soap? I'm kidding, but, wait a minute, do you? It's more fun to be in this one despite the fact that the pay is lousy, the hours when people come to the set are unpredictable and often late. But, hey, this is great, we have a cop boss in our midst---excellent!! And, if we can get bluelove to sign in, we'll have our own mini-femme-forum-force.

ZM -- Nice to hear from you and I agree that this is a good source for support and growing!

ML -- Your eye kandy kegger is probably gonna be a lot of fun! Of course, we'll look forward to the details. Your parents are more brave than they know.

Adios
Em

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2007, 12:34:06 am »
we have a cop boss in our midst---excellent!! And, if we can get bluelove to sign in, we'll have our own mini-femme-forum-force.

I used to dispatch for the county police, I'll make sure she gets here, lol!

Doc just IMed some, flirting again, but not directly inviting me over, yet!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2007, 12:45:15 am »
Oh, Oh, I better hide my stash.... ;D Just thought to let you all know that I finally finished my hair. What a labor of love... ;)

Just to let you know, I did hear from Boo the other day. His computer is down, he burnt out the ram chips. Not sure when he is going to have it back but I guess he checks thing from time to time off of a friend's computer. There is also an outstanding bill he has been trying to take care of or else he is in trouble. I guess that is something at least I now know he is not in the hospital. I let him have it in an email I sent to him. He said he understood my point of view and asked me to bear with him. So I am bearing, I guess. As far as the others that have hit me up off of the personals, I get nibbles from time to time in the form of IMs. Most of them I get during the AM, so I am guessing these people are prolly IMing me while they are at work. Just a guess..Nothing really worth mentioning...Oh well...... :-\
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2007, 02:31:08 am »
good morning ladies.

just checking in b4 I leave for Amsterdam to a big brunch full of poz women.

It would be great if we could meet in A'dam. I know Queen would enjoy that  ;). Seriosuly I would love to meet you all.
Unfortunatly I will not be able to come to the US until they make it legal. I'd love to take a roadtrip though.

ML, great that a great band is soming over. I know it might not be appropriate, but can't you just casually call Jay or Zip and ask them if they wanna come along? After all it is their favorite band? (ask both and meet with both of them, hehe).

Sersiouly I don't even think this qualifies as a date. I mean as asking a guy out on a date. But anyway go and enjoy yourself.

And about the 30 year olds (you do make 30 sound like 21...), maybe they won't all be exactly 30? after all, at 30 you already have friends of all ages.

Em, that's so cool that he v-mailed from a mountain! that makes him sound like the sexy rugged explorer type (like the guys in Cowboys are my Weakness,have you read that). That's already sexy, wonder if he knows that?

I dyed my hair at GQs inspiraion and it came out great. I'm just going to straighten it now. GQ, if you install skype you could call Boo on his landline at very very low cost (and free to computer) and hear him on the computer speakers as loud as you want, that's an option.

SS I'm glad you're looking out for yourself and also to learn that you're on the right side of the law  ;). we will defintely need you on the team when we go on that roadtrip, following MLs favorite bands from place to place in a giant campervan (ok I've watched a few movies)

Nic, glad all is still good!

Cuddles to all,

Edited to add: ML, I know you will have a great time...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:39:50 am by Dragonette »

Offline cheetah

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2007, 11:42:12 am »
WOW!! this is awesome. I just stumbled on this forum while trying to research some things.
I have been positive for about 12 yrs and all that comes with it. It nice to see other people go through the same things i go through in my dating life.
ML I wish you luck in your disclosure. All my long term relationships have been with negative people. I tried to date positive guys because i thought they could relate and also because i thought it would be easier. It was the most frustrating thing i ever tried. The Poz guys i met were flaky or had major issues. None of them ever worked out. I have always had better luck with negative men. In the past, my relationships ended because i saw myself as a girl with HIV. While my partners saw a sexy, witty and intelligent girl. After trying to date positive people failed, i decided to believe those guys and see myself as a sexy, witty, and intelligent girl who just happens to be HIV+. It's tough, but it can be done. The guy i am with now, had to beat me on the head at the beginning. To make me believe all he saw was a girl he liked. Because when he sits in his office, he does think of the HIV positive girl, he thinks about the girl who makes him happy among other things.
So think about it when you disclose to this guy. Think about the good things you are bringing to the table. He gets to hang out with a cool chick. .. the only thing he has to loose is he has to practice safe sex at all times with you.
Good luck!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2007, 01:52:26 pm »
Hello Ladies~~

I hope everyone is having a good day. Just thought I was whiz by real quick before I do more laundry and start playing my game.

Cheetah-- Nice to meet you. Funny you only date neg men, I haven't had the best luck disclosing whether it be w/ someone in a relationship or outside one. I haven't been in a relationship with anyone poz but hopes to find someone. As of late there has been a few neg men but they all seem like leg humpers which is a term you will see used a lot in this thread.

Dragonette-- Glad I could be an inspiration and that your hair came out nice. I wish I was going to Amersterdam and go to one of the coffee shops and I don't even like coffee.. :D Now here is my address....j/k but only because it is illegal but girl if it wasn't, it would be on and poppin.

Moonlight-- I hope the party is a success. Your parents need anyone esle, shoot, I would love for a boss to give me a party... :D Did you tell the ladies about Stone Cold yet? If not, I wll be quiet and wait for you to tell it.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2007, 02:02:20 pm »
Welcome Cheetah!!! So glad you stumbled into our forum. Hope you'll hang around. Wondering if you just found aidsmeds.com for the first time, too. Thanks for all the optimism regarding negative men being understanding and not fear-filled. That was a post worth reading for sure. I can bet dollars to donuts that Bakery Man is neg---if we ever have cause to have THE talk, I think he'll be kind, but have no idea as to how open-minded he might be.

Drag -- Amsterdam would be WONDERFUL!! as a site for our femme fest. I've only been there once and would LOVE to go again. However, do know that you CAN travel to the US now as a visitor despite your status. I'll try to find a link somewhere to tell you when in the last year that was made official. So, come ahead, you newly hair-dyed gal you.

I liked his voice in person, but on the phone? mmm--mmm. Very nice register indeed. Nope, I've never envisioned a mountaintop call as indicative of sexiness, but then again, no man's ever called me from one...so, perhaps I should ponder this top-of-the-world view he held. Ahhh, I see your point now.

GQ - So glad you gots your hairs done an' all. That's a big investment in time and effort, huh? So can we call you Beauty Queen for a day?  New pic for the avatar coming? Glad to hear Boo has a pulse.

Time to deal with the domestic issues.

See you, some of you, tonight.

Em

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2007, 02:06:14 pm »
Okay. Cat walking around outside of bag perhaps.

What's this reference to Stone Cold? Huh? Huh?

Give it up now.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2007, 02:18:45 pm »
Hi GFs~

Have to run to help set up at the party.  Stone Cold emailed me earlier in the week on the site we call "herpes.com" and I emailed back.  OMG a POS guy, this is a first for ML! He finally replied last night at 3am.  Sent pix to my cell phone, says he's a normal guy, so we'll see.  Picture Stone Cold as a "prettier" more attractive version, this guy is a yummy  brick wall!  LOL  Not sure about personality cause no ph calls yet, but emails seem funny and sincere.  Have to make sure he isn't a player, though.  Guys that good-looking usu are......

I'll be back later to comment and welcome Ms. Cheetah!

Hubba Hubba

~Cindy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2007, 02:21:54 pm »
every time I read that herpes.com I laugh...not that herpes is funny, it's not, but that you all dubbed the site is a minor laugh riot.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2007, 04:53:19 pm »
ML -- Your eye kandy kegger is probably gonna be a lot of fun! Of course, we'll look forward to the details. Your parents are more brave than they know.

I have my camera ready for the kegger, lol!

LOL, getting rather impatient now, lol!  Party starts at 7pm, and my parents' place is about a half hour drive from me.  My Dad's shop and the restaurant where we are picking up food are both 2 miles from my house.  So, here I am, waiting to meet Dad at his shop to help load tables into his van, then going to the restaurant to pick up food for the bunch.  Have to wait until the last minute to pick up cold-cut sandwiches etc cause parents don't have a big enough fridge to fit the platters into!  I worked for a catering company and it miffs me that they have nowhere to keep the food cool.  Everyone will get drunk and sick, lol!  Hopefully, it won't be that bad.  They'll be jumping into the pool with their clothes on -- or maybe naked?   ;D

Can't you see they are running right on time, lol?  Dad is helping someone put the tent up at his house right now.  I'll probably still be sitting here at 8pm, lol!

No word from Doc or Stone yet......but the night is young and I have a plan.....Can always come back to my hood later and see if Mr. Good Zip Code or JAY are at the club.  If JAY was there, I would absolutely die, he still has that effect on me!  This past week was the first week he didn't email or anything.  :(  The three previous weeks were one contact each by email or phone, prior to 7/13 it was full-on, dammit dammit dammit!

ML I wish you luck in your disclosure. All my long term relationships have been with negative people. I tried to date positive guys because i thought they could relate and also because i thought it would be easier. It was the most frustrating thing i ever tried. The Poz guys i met were flaky or had major issues. None of them ever worked out. I have always had better luck with negative men.

So think about it when you disclose to this guy. Think about the good things you are bringing to the table. He gets to hang out with a cool chick. .. the only thing he has to loose is he has to practice safe sex at all times with you. Good luck!!

TY, TY Cheetah!  POZ men are usually a dime a dozen, with nothing in bewtween their ears -- and I figure THAT out from an IM, never get to the phone call or meeting in person, except for one guy.  Very intelligent, good morals, can't seem to find that with poz guys around here!  Thanks for your post and WELCOME!  I was reading and thought that you sounded just like me -- helps to vent some, doesn't it?  Where do you live, if its OK to ask?  I respect your privacy, as well.

I liked his voice in person, but on the phone? mmm--mmm. Very nice register indeed. Nope, I've never envisioned a mountaintop call as indicative of sexiness, but then again, no man's ever called me from one...so, perhaps I should ponder this top-of-the-world view he held. Ahhh, I see your point now.

......"Go....tell it on the mountain, over the hills and EVERYWHERE!"  LOL  Forgive me, giggle giggle!  Had to!

Beauty Queen~

GIVE BOO your cell# in an email already!  No excuse for him not to stay in touch.  You can be a texting fool and stay in touch that way while his computer is down!  We know you like pushing buttons, what with your PS2 and all!  LOL  Go, girl, GO!

..........Stone IS pos.......we'll see how this unravels!  ;)  Hmmm, he just emailed me!!!!!!

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 05:09:50 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #72 on: August 11, 2007, 08:27:11 pm »
Still doing laundry and fixing myself a veggie dinner. I'm not really feeling too good either. Earlier today after I took my meds, I started feeling sick to my stomach, jittery and light headed. I went to sleep. When I woke up I felt a little better but still feels tired. I finally got the script filled for test strips but told the pharmacy the wrong kind so I have no clue what my sugar is. I had a popsicle last night but other than that it has been Pepsi. I also have been drinking vitamin water, figured it's good for me and I'm supporting 50 Cent..Heeeeey!!!!

Yeah, I know, I think I will give him my cell and see if he can text me but knowing my luck he prolly doesn't even have a cell. I will give him the number anyway. That is a good test, Moon. Not sure when he will get back online again. Em, it took me 5 days to do my hair, you damn right a pic is in order after all that work. Needs some new ones anyway. I will get on it when I feel a bit better. Might even put on some make up. Back to the laundry....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #73 on: August 11, 2007, 10:17:50 pm »
Wow! I haven't been here in a while and I sure have missed quite a bit! Since I am still new I haven't gotten back into the "dating" frame of mind. It is encouraging to read about all of your adventures though. It gives me hope.

Moonlight: It sounds really good. I hope everthing works out for you!

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2007, 05:31:54 pm »
Hi Girls

Well, my night out with girls turned out to be an interesting evening.  It started out with meeting 3 guys that my friend new who were having a bachelor party and rented a suite and a nice hotel down on Santanna Row where there are a bunch of nice shops and night clubs.  It started with a couple of shots then we went to a bar where I had a few drinks there.  Now keep in mind girls that I am not much of drinker but was in the mood last night so I stuck to Vanilla Stoli and Diet Coke.  Well, lets just say that after one shot and three drinks later I was stumbling back to the guys hotel try not to get sick.  Well, no such luck got sick, exposed a breast (not on purpose) due to my low cut shirt and paid $80.00 to get a taxi back to my house since I could not get back to my friends.  Then if the night could not get any worse I texted one of my officers who has a crush on me that I missed him and could not wait to be with him.  Yeah that message was supposed to be to Cop #2 (not to be confused with Cop1 who is going to be a daddy)  Cop#2 and I were texting all night long and some how sent my coworker that message.  Not sure how to get out of that one.  Can I be so rude as to say that is was not meant for him?  Oh well, I think that I will just wait and see if he says anything to me.  Oh and by the way I refrained from drunk dialing Cop#1 and did not even call him today when I was in his beat that he is working in.  I am going to see if he calls me this week. 

Moon- So did I read right you use to be a dispatcher also?  For how long and why no longer if I may ask.

EM-  Yes I always find time to watch my Soap which is General Hospital.  I have watched that since I was a little girl.  About 7 years ago I spent a week on the set since a friend of mine, son had a small part on the show.  His story line revolved around a main charters story line.  Now he is no longer on soaps but tours with Eddie Money. 

Dragonette - Yes sometimes it has its advantages and disadvantages to being on this side of the law.  I have found that a lot of guys don't like that I am in law enforcement.  Its weird I guess they think that I am going to turn them in if they do something wrong. 

Cheetah - Glad you found this site I just found this about a week ago myself.  Welcome.  I liked reading what you had to say and for me hearing things like that really hit home.  Thank You.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2007, 06:52:20 pm »
**WARNING:  THIS IS A VERY LONG POST, LOL!**
*EMPTY YOUR BLADDER AND GET A DRINK FIRST!*

Hi Sun~       
I admire your willpower, since you haven't sent a text to Cop#1 yet, woo-hoo!  But, GF, WHAT is happening with the drinking and exposing your goods, well "one" "good", lol?  Have to laugh, cause "Brick House" just started playing on my computer!  "She's lettin' it all hang out!"  Picturing you dancing around , tipsy and happy as a bird, lol!  I don't drink, either, maybe you'd better mix in some water next time, in between?  And you mistakenly sent a text to a coworker, a third guy?  Yikes!  But, hey, at least the evening was eventful?!   :o

Hi Viv~
Welcome back!  Yes it HAS been awhile!  Get in here and tell us what's going on in your life, it doesn't have to always be about dating, if that's not your thing right now, honest!  :)

Hi Queen~
I really hope you're feeling better today.  Have you eaten much?  Just rest and I will try to catch you tonight....but if you have no appetite tomorrow, I would call the doc.

Last night at my parents' was a little bit of everything, lol.  At first I was running around, getting overheated, clearly working even harder than the wife of the birthday boy, who planned this entire thing.  She is a ditz, if you ask me, lol, oh well. 

I had to go lay down in my old bedroom and cool off around 730pm or so, changed my clothes, redid my make-up and went outside under the tent.  Mostly older people and bday boy family there, but it was nice to meet everyone.  I just mingled and introduced myself.  Later on, three guys show up, one with a fiance, and two single guys.  At one point, I was giving one guy a tour of my parents home and making small talk, nice guy, we talked about football.  Skins were playing last night.... We went outside and I mingled a little more, there were about 25 people there and it was dark out, tiki torches lit, tunes going -- hell, I was in my element, but getting rather tired of listening to Buffet on Sirius at this point.  LOL

One of the three guys introduced himself to me, as a matter of fact, he made SURE he introduced himself to me.  He brought a soft cooler with his own beer and I kept teasing him that it looked like a diaper bag, lol!  Mom got drunk off of too much white wine and not enough to eat -- she nearly did a header into the bushes, and we started howling with laughter!  It was a riot, she drinks wine every day, but to see her laughing, and dancing and then almost falling on her head when she went to sit down, omg!  I went to get her some water.

Sat with mom and told her briefly about Doc in a nutshell...doctor, knows smooth jazz artists, scuba dives, same bday as Dad, doesn't know my status.....Didn't say he was 51 though.  Mom just turned 60 and Dad is 58, lol!  Meanwhile, Buffet Parrothead tunes are REALLY getting boring, so I go try to talk with the "younger crowd" some, lol!  I comment on the music and the guy who made sure he introduced himself to me earlier said he had a laptop with zillions of tunes on it.  We hooked it up to the stereo and I kept telling him what tunes to play.  You should have seen my mother.  She apparently got her second wind, lol!  There were only about five of us dancing in the driveway, but it was so much fun!  We put on "Can't Touch This" and mom and I let ourselves go!  Asses were a wigglin'!  Keep in mind Mom is very petite, 5 feet tall, and LOVES to dance, isn't shy at all!  So, I was right there with her, we nearly fell over many times, she was drunk and my neck/perception thing was working against me, teetering in my little heels, until later when I worked that mother out!  Lynch Mob's "Wicked Sensation came on and I almost wet my pants!  I did a 360 and flipped my hair completely around in a circle, bending at the waist!  We didn't keep that song on for long, apparently there were only two metalheads at this party, myself and the "DJ".............. You shoulda seen the look on his face after that move I did, lmao!

So, here is DJ, as I will now dub him, standing next to me, and we are looking at tunes scrolling by on his computer in the dark.  He moves in close and says, right in my ear, "Oh my gosh, I'd love to take you to dinner sometime, I'd come up here and see you and take you wherever you want to go...."

HUH?  WTF did that come from?  LOL  I look at DJ with his beer goggles on and immediately think that I am unworthy, that he's just too drunk to see I'm nothing, really.  And then, not even a split second later, I look him right in the eye, in the glow of the tiki torches, give him a huge smile and hear my voice reply "I would love that!  I'll give you my number!"  WTF did THAT come from?  It was like an out-of-body experience, lmao!  Mouth opened and spoke while brain was saying Nooooooooooo!   :o   LOL  Here I am, HOin' myself out at my parent's house, and he is trying to put his arm around me....I had to take something inside, so I slid away and went inside for a moment to collect my thoughts. 

NEVER expected anything to come of last night.  Mom caught up with me dancing again later and whispered, "He likes you.....!"  I told her I would have Dad check with the birthday boy, since DJ is a good childhood friend of bday boy's.  Dad said he would investigate for me, lol! 

What a shitstorm THAT scenario could be, if I dated this guy, disclosed, then he tells bday boy, and bday boy who works for my Dad knows my story?  Bday boy is a good guy, like family to us, and this is all putting the cart WAY before the horse here, just daydreaming about "what ifs" but I always find that I am trying to protect my parents from my status.  I just need to stop it already.  Here I am, placing the stigma "shitstorm" on an entirely hypothetical scenario.

I have been dating all kinds of guys this year, DJ just turned 34 last March.  Oh my, a young one, not usually my type these younger ones (I will be 38 in Nov), and he is just starting a divorce, but I can certainly be a friend or date some if he wants.  He lives 70 miles south of me in Virginia, but what the hell, right?  After all, he DID see me in my element, with the 360 and all, lol!

So, the evening was fun and I was trying to be discreet about DJ after he left.  We were standing around, some of us, including both of my parents, and Mom said again "He likes you....."  I said, I know, Mom, and pulled his biz card out of my drink kozy, lol.  Talked to Dad later one-on-one as I was leaving and that's when he said he would ask bday boy about DJ's details, lol.  Dad is so cool!  (DJ called today and we spoke for an hour, he offered again to come up and take me out.  I know he wasn't drunk this time, lol!  We'll see what happens, as he is just starting that messy divorce.....)

So, back to last night, it's 1230am, and I am rolling down my parent's driveway in the country, ready to head home and I check my cell.  Ooooh!  I have a VM!  I listen and its Stone!  I finally got to hear his voice!  Very well-spoken man, and such a flirt!  I was happy at what I heard!  He has his child this weekend, so I haven't called back, but I've emailed him.  We missed each other online last night, but I may try to call again later this evening.  Just not sure what his schedule is with the little one.

Haven't heard from Doc, but honestly, I am distracted by Stone now.  With him there is absolutely nothing to hide, as he is pos, too!  (Yes, ladies, ML is actually in touch with a pos guy in HER area who seems worthy!).  This leaves me feeling vulnerable, which is a good thing for me.  I have put in some of my personal ads this year that "I want a man who can make me feel vulnerable again, because I have become so guarded." 

I KNOW why I have become guarded, because I have been dipping in the neggie dating pool, and fearing disclosure left and right.  I have to talk to Stone tonight, see what he's about.  I have a feeling we will be meeting very soon!  I can't wait!  OMG   ;D   :D   ;D   :D        :P

Needless to say, I didn't go to the club to see the band last night near my house.  It was 1am when I passed by it on my way home.  I got home and Mr. Good Zip Code was online, and I apologized for not making it.  He said the band was too loud (what?  a band is NEVER too loud!) and he said the music was "OK."  Turns out there were about 6 of his HS buddies with him at a table last night.  Now can you imagine IF I did go, and I was at a table with 6 men, and then JAY is in the club somewhere, too?  Probably would've been too overwhelmed.

I woke up today and the first thing I thought of when I opened my eyes was Jay, it kind of surprised me, I was still fuzzy from sleeping.....and then immediately I realized I couldn't remember his last name.  I panicked and then I quickly smiled to myself.  Perhaps I am letting go now, after a month of not being in touch, after 6 weeks of not seeing him.  I knew I would be OK eventually, as now he is slowly slipping away.  Besides, Stone is on my horizon.  I want him to bench press me already, lol!   :P

Stay Tuned!

~Cindy

P.S. - The F'N doorbell went nuts today AGAIN!  FOREVER!  Around 4pm I looked outside and there was Jim's truck.  I yelled, "KNOCK IT OFF!" towards the front windows and almost popped a blood vessel.  Man, I sounded MEAN, lol!  Surprised myself, even!  As he was pulling away, I sent a text to his cell: "Stop it, pls. & respect my privacy in the future."  I have my phone turned off now but will go to see what dumbshit he prob sent back to me.  Now he has my # again, no excuse not to call ahead!  Hah!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:41:39 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 07:51:37 am »
......"Go....tell it on the mountain, over the hills and EVERYWHERE!"  LOL  Forgive me, giggle giggle!  Had to!
~Cindy

Well, now, that's so cute. Maybe someday soon all of us will be singing...

" She'll be coming 'round the Mountain when she COMES!"  :o

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2007, 08:04:34 am »
Hello to all our readers  ;),

ML, it sounds just awsome, all of it (and I am not even commenting on Mr Cliff, or is it Mr Stone? Confused him for a sec with Em's Mr Bakery VMing from a mountaintop).

Well the ages, and age difference, are just like me and my BF, but reversed. i don't think it's a big deal. actually a good friend of mine who is 36 just broke up with a 40 year old woman to date a 45 year old one! and no he is not even into "older" women, he always had younger GFs before and this is just a coincidence. These women look great and he is attracted to them, so why not?

Of course in your case it is a much smaller diff and I wouldn't worry about that of all things.

I really feel like you are getting there, getting out there, enjoying yourself,  ;) headbanging ... now just need a PA to keep track of all those guys, lol.

As for me I have met some amazing women on the weekend, all of them refugees and immigrants, many with babies, many with no place to live, no legal status and hardly and right for treatment, no money for milk and diapers and no one to help them except a few other women in a slightly better condition (because the AIDS foundation here is almost 100% dedicated to parties for men)... what a f***ed up world this is. No, I'll say it once again without censureship: this world is fucked up big time.

So we should enjoy what we have.. I came away from that meeting feeling sad, angry and helpess, but with this resolution. There was one poz woman there, who can't even read and witre. She has been told back in Africa that she was "seropositive", but she said, she had no idea what this meant, or she would have killed herself. Somehow getting here, at the refugee camp she got very very ill. Without a legal status, not even a staying permit, she was completely uninsured (all Dutch RESIDENTS must be insured, but when you are not legally a resident, you are nobody in the system, no bank account, no right to work, nothing). She had a real hard time just getting an appointment for a checkup with a GP, she had to pay upfront 900 Euro. She asked for a HIV test and the doc told her "why do you want to get that? It's better that you don't know what you have, b/c there is nothing you can do about it" [and he was right.... unless you have a CD4 below 200, you will be deported nonetheless with HIV, even back to countries without any treatment whatsoever]. She insisted, and it came back positive, then she was hospitalized and had to pay every cent she had for that, but one doctor saved her b/c she ws so ill she had grounds to ask for asylum on  a medical basis. She said that when she told her sister she has AIDS, her sister told her she had it too, and not to worry. When she asked her sister "how do you have it?"", her sister said "don't talk about it, you know the life we had"  :'(

There were 2 young girls helping to look after the many children that came with these women, both in highschool, one is the daughter of one of the poz women and organizers, the other is her friend who is half Dutch and half Latino. I was helping them later take down the decorations and talk to that girl, she told me, that she had been in this building (a kind of church lent for this function) before, because when she was a little girl, her mom's friend was dying from AIDS and many times she went with her mother and sat in that rugged common room, and then her eyes filled with tears...

I can write so much more about this, about the young beautiful woman who got on the bus with me, a Muslim with a headscarf, and after I was there she appeared (the driver neglected his promise to tell her where to get off). A young, beautiful woman who had a child at 15 and he got taken away from her and she had to run for her life from an old husband and his family who wanted to kill her, and she has been genitally mutilated like so many Muslim women, and she is educated and speaks English and Dutch, but can't do anything but wait for the papers. And while you wait you stay in refugee camps in the middle of the forest, with many people in one room, for years. There was a lovely Ethopian woman there, so sweet and quiet and gentle. She stayed for 14 years in this camp till the papers came through. 14 years using showers with signs that tell people not to shit in them, because some of them have never used showers before, with stabbings to steal jewlery, with no privacy, no peace and quiet, no money, no rights, no contact with friends and family and even children left behind or escaped to other counties, and with HIV... can you imagine how disease infested these camps are, that the women who manage to get to them after being voilated and raped and threatened and terrorized in their countries, have to wear plastic bags on their feet whenever their shower, because the water is knee deep, and cannot sit on a toilet, and can't sleep b/c they share their rooms with strangers, and in these conditions that even a healthy person would get sick, they have to survive for years with a collapsing immune system.

A complete hijack of the thread, but this meeting really shook me. I mean I was aware of most of these things, but it was different meeting these people in person. And the children... It made me value being a woman so much and vow to change my life, not to slip into depression and not to drift away from society but to remain active and involved and enjoy what I have, because if these women can still laugh and talk and take care of themselves and have beautiful babies, I can make it too.

Lots of love to all,

[Modified slightly at the top]

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 08:23:09 am by Dragonette »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2007, 10:14:19 am »
hello, welcome cheetah. I liked what you said and will think on it.  sunseeker, you are a dispatcher. Cool. Sorry you have to be here but glad to have you      Em, glad bakeryman called you. Damn ML, you   are a busy lady. i haven't had any bites(no fleas', em) lately but am starting not to care.     Queen, glad you got your hair finished and sorry you are not feeling well.        Dragonette, will have to read your last post carefully  but I think it will be very thought provoking. I sure am fortunate to be here in the US with good medical services and all the other things I  most times take for granted.                                  I did go to a birthday party yesterday for a co worker's son. I took Robert (4) and her son was turning 5 . We had a really great time. It was nice to get out of the house.    Anyway, hope everybody has a great week.  Cristy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2007, 12:43:47 pm »
Yes, I had a feeling I was forgetting something... welcome Cheetah! and thank you for a very uplifting 1st post.

And Queen, get well soon... I hope you're better

And all the best as usual to the rest of you fine ladies.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:45:18 pm by Dragonette »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2007, 05:26:58 pm »
Just thought I would stop in for a few...Thanks for your concerns ladies, I appreciate it. I think I caught a bug from when I took my son to the hospital the other night...And of all nights to be hugging the toilet, Boo hits me up. He got his computer back but I think he still has problems. I try to chat with him in between running to the bathroom. After there was nothing left, I felt completely drained and light headed. So, I told him I didn't feel good and needed to go to bed. He said he would be on today but hasn't seen him on yet. Moon, I did send him my cell phone number in an IM but he said he didn't get it so I gave it to him again. He doesn't have a cell because he said it wouldn't do anything but collect dust because he doesn't go anywhere. But he did give me his home number. So, your advice was good. I am still not getting overly excited yet, I want to see how well he tries to communicate now.

I finally got the right test strips for my glucometer, so I started testing last night because I actually thought at first that it was my sugar. At 9 pm, before the barf fest, it was 138. I took my medicine then checked it again at 11pm, it was 91. I got up today for a fasting sugar and it was 106, my doctor wants me to have a fasting sugar of 100 so I didn't think it was that bad. Now my next question is maybe I can just take a shot a day and ditch the pills altogether? What do you guys think? I still am not feeling good, hasn't eaten yet for fear of getting sick but I am making something to eat for later.

There are other things going on in my world right now that I really don't need especially feeling the way I do. I will not bring it up here but will start another thread to vent.

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2007, 06:29:15 pm »
Hi Queen~

Glad there has been good news on the Boo front!  Last thing you need is more stress right now.

Looks like your sugars are great!  I don't know why your doctor would want to put you on insulin with readings like those, but I am not the doctor!  LOL  Keep in mind, and I will as well, that these readings were all during a time when you were sick and not eating much.  Once you are eating again like you normally would, then you'll know better.  The sugars may be very high, esp at the end of the day depending on how many carbs you've eaten and what kind they are (i.e. fruit salad vs. pasta in the evenings, etc.).  Different foods affect your sugars in different ways, some staying in your system longer (breads and pastas) and showing up as "sugar" when you test, even four hours after a meal.  Stay away from the soft pretzels, ok?  They equal five slices of bread, and thats just the plain ones!

Get yourself "right" and build your appetite back up gently this week.  Push the water and hot tea and be easy on your tummy.  I keep thinking you felt sick before you took your son to the hospital, I'll have to check the thread here.  I would call your doc tho, diabetic or ID, either one, and let them know what's going on.  I wouldn't want to wait until Sept.

Hang in there!

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 06:31:06 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2007, 06:36:58 pm »
As for me I have met some amazing women on the weekend, all of them refugees and immigrants, many with babies, many with no place to live, no legal status and hardly and right for treatment, no money for milk and diapers and no one to help them except a few other women in a slightly better condition (because the AIDS foundation here is almost 100% dedicated to parties for men)... what a f***ed up world this is. No, I'll say it once again without censureship: this world is fucked up big time.

Hi Drag~

Are you volunteering or is this part of your regular work?  I tried to imagine being where you were with these women, picturing the deplorable conditions that they are in at this camp.  Waiting 14 years for papers?  I can't imagine!  Here I am in the USA, fighting what I think are "demons" when others are so much more unfortunate.  Thank you for your vivid recollection of this past weekend, it has really opened my eyes, and is a reminder of how grateful I should be for what I have.

~Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2007, 06:43:31 pm »
You have a point about the readings, Moon. I will wait and keep testing. It was nice to hear from Boo but it sucked feeling miserable. I was feeling mostly tired before the hospital, feeling run down, I think I did feel nauteous once...I am going to get up and try to make something to eat.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2007, 07:12:57 pm »
Queen~

Since you have been sick, remember "BRAT" when eating again, until you feel better!

B-bananas
R-rice (plain white)
A-applesauce (if you feel up to it, but watch the sugar)
T-toast (dry, no spread)

Lotsa water, too!

~Cindy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2007, 08:05:15 pm »
Hi Drag~

Are you volunteering or is this part of your regular work? 

Neither. My work couldn't be more about BS and less about people, unfortunately...

The meeting was organized by an org called poz women of the world, which is run by two lovely friends of mine, one of which is also an asylum seeker from Mexico, and it is completely grassroots, I mean she started it while still living in the camp (my social worker told me today not to call it a "camp" but a "center" ["camp" seems to offend Euro sensitivities], but she sstill defined these places as "noisy, dirty and dangerous"). They don't meet in these conditions, that's how some of these women live now - and how all of them almost lived at some point for several years or more - but for the meeting,  they come from all over the country and meet in a house donated by missionaries that help Latino immigrants or something like that. It sounds very "rough", but it couldn't be further from how it was. It was very, very cosy. Lots of babies of all colors, and lots of fried food (I OD'd on it), and rabbits in the yard, and a nice old house with old books like some grandma's big old house, just a place where all these women can breathe and unwind for a while. And I also came there to do that, I just came to be with poz women and hang with my two friends ...

Anyway, back to the romantic front... my social worker told me that I should get married (if only for the social rights in one country or another). I kind of mentioned it to my BF. I told him she said I need to marry a rich Dutch guy (she said that initially). I was like, you mean one of these bisexual guys, who will have to run off to a leather party every weekend and cry how much he doesn't like it and how he could never love a guy [been there very briefly]? And she was like, no, maybe that's not a good idea after all... then you should just marry someone who works here, to get your rights... I'm like, hmm, let's see, who could that be  ::). So I told my BF about the first advice and he asked is that all she said, and I said no, but I can't disclose more at this moment, and we both laughed, and just hang out quietly for a while. I really, really don't see him asking me to marry him, and I'll probabaly be 60 when he is ready to have a baby. Still I can't push it... I get horribly anxious though, there's just so much uncertainty in my life. I look at these women, and I feel who the F am I to even think of complaining, but then it catches up with me again.

My parents did something amazing for me, since I can't seem to get over the hurdles in the Dutch system, they booked an appointment for me with one of the world's leading PN specialists in London, where I fly on Thus. I still can't get over it. It's expensive as hell and my doctors here certainly won't like it. But hey if they don't want patients to see outside specialists they shouldn't take 6 months to fix appointments. I feel bad about the money, but my parents really insisted. I am really so touched.

Well, this is an open topic thread so I hope no one minds... I feel like all these things are so mizxed up for me - work, health, love, the future, wanting to have a baby, family - it's one fuzzy mix. There is a lot of s*** at work too which i can't open on here. Basically I am being taken advanteg of by people I trusted and I will not be surprised if they think they can get away with it b/c due to my status I am more vulnerable. Or maybe they just couldn't care less. So that's how it comes out here. "The personal is the political", that couldn't be more true when you have HIV.

I'll go up one to read Queen's now.

Hugs all,

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2007, 01:33:21 am »
Hi Drag~

Glad to hear there is so much "positive"  (lol) activity in your life!  meeting these great women, tossing the idea of marriage on the table to your BF (be careful!), and now jetting off to London for a PN appt!  Yay for Mom and Dad for doing this for you.  I didn't know you had to wait 6 mos for your local doc!  Goodness!

On a side note, Camille PMed me back and she is doing very well, she is fine!  She said she would post here soon!

It has been raining men here tonight....I am overwhelmed. 

Doc and I chatted earlier, he is stressed and tired out, didn't stay online long.  It seems he is waiting for me to ask if I can come over and I just won't do that.  I am traditional, and like to be asked out properly, lol!

Spoke with DJ this evening and finally told him I had to go, lol.  He wants to come up this week and take me to dinner, I suppose I will do it.  He told me which days he is free.  Says he is glad he has had me to talk to.  I should be a damn social worker!

Randy Andy was IMing me earlier, always says/types "honey" and "sweetheart" in his conversations to the point of nausea.  I was fiesty so I told him it irks me but he already knows this.  He asked if I wanted to come over tomorrow and cuddle.  Oh please, can I have a real man on a real date?  I am not going to go cuddle with some guy who only wants one thing from me.  He is nuts.

Jay signed online tonight and I made the first move.  He just got back from a trip with the kids and is going to file for divorce next week.  He then goes on to say he will be outta town this weekend, but will be around tomorrow and later in the week.  So, I was a bitch and said "I don't quite know what to say to that."  LOL  What have I got to lose?  Told you his ass would show up, right when I nearly forgot his last name and everything.  He explained that he would be around more if we wanted to chat.  Since when have we "chatted?"  He wrote me off a month ago to the day for all of his personal reasons.  I should just tell him it has nearly killed me, and maybe to leave me alone.  Shit, I need to loosen up, he was just trying to be nice.  Dammit all.

Mr. Good Zip Code was online the same time as Jay, and both were giving me details of filing for their divorces.  My eyes were crossed.  Why can't someone help ME out, lol!  That's why I am HERE, with my GFs.

Stone, ah Mr. Stone Cold......Exciting prospect that's for sure, since he is pos.  We talked on the phone until the wee hours of the morning last night.  He went to the fair with his child and rang the bell with the sledge hammer thing.  Hee-hee!  We spoke again this evening at length and I gave him my timeline of shit, my Bad Luck 2007 story, starting with my ex crying to me last December and then dumping me.  I really hope Stone and I click, because if we do, it has the potential to be great!  We like talking on the phone but I am just nervous about meeting him.  Now why am I so nervous about meeting a pos guy?  There should be no reason to feel this way whatsoever!  Or should there be?  Oh I am so confused, this is new for me, meeting someone pos.   Hell, the disclosure thing is out of the way already, so to speak!  Maybe I am afraid of being vulnerable, since I have nothing to hide with him, really.   He says he doesn't smile much, but I can hear him smiling on the phone.  I'm glad that we have each other to talk to about HIV.  I have only met one pos person in my life before.  Wish me luck!

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 01:40:19 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2007, 05:25:58 am »
mmm, from all these guys I must say I am rooting for Stone Cold (why is he called that again?). Not b/c he is +, just cos he sounds cool and seems to have most potential... # 2 I root for Doc, b/c it sounds like he is out of sorts trying to get you without outright propositioning you. I mean he already asked you & he declined. He sounds like a big, slightly geeky and very smart boy to me, a little clumsy but with good heart/intentions. I don't know could be just intuition and I may be wrong. # 3 on the countdown is DJ, simply b/c he is new and fresh on the scene. For sentimental reasons, Jay is my # 4. He is alright, I just have something against these guys that are still entrenched in a divorce... but at least he's seperating. He just sounds too much about "me myself and I" right now, not outright mean but very self centered, which is understandable, I mean in his favor he is going through a lot and at least trying to show some interest. And again at the last place comes Randy, who can go cuddle with his right hand, hehe.

ML if you keep this up you will have to start posting Excel files...

I am not going to London for the PN, I was going anyway, they knew that so they booked the appointment for me. I will be meeting some women from the forums too, that's so cool.

The only uncool thing is I am awfully tired and not that well, but I will try to take things slow...

Group hug!

Offline camille07

« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2007, 11:28:02 am »
Hey Girls-

Whew, I have to say it me awhile to read through this thread...I've missed a lot. 

First off-  Queenie, I didn't get your PM....It said I had three messages but I only got one for Cindy (which I really appreciate from everyone).  I always have issues with messages here.  I hope you are feeling better.  Sounds like you've been ill'n?

You girls make me laugh so hard.  I love that herpes.com stuck because it makes me laugh out loud every time I see it.

Drag-  That's excellent what your parents are doing for you, sending you London....And is marriage in your near future?

And Cindy, I'm sitting on my hands anxiously waiting for the "Day of Doc's disclosure"  My goodness the stress of it all.

Ok, so this story.  About 3 weeks ago I hit a depression so hard, a dark place that I was forcing myself everyday just to go to work everyday.  Sleeping long hours etc.  I'm trying to sell my house, which I still share with my exhusband.  We are on friendly terms but still, we both need to move cause he can really get under my skin.   Jack's tried several times to come back into my life and that alone is was difficult staying strong and keeping him away. This is where things get interesting.
About a week ago, I was at my dog park.  My friend, Ian, invited me over his house for a bbq.  It seems its the happening place this summer.  Ian's always inviting me out but always declined.  He's a bit abrasive and says some things that are so over the top. Listen to this, we once started talking about AIDS and said, "I never would drink from the same bottle of beer with someone diseased.  I practically left the dog park that day crying or ready to kick his ass.  My two other girlfriends (who know) just couldn't believe he would say that.  While you all recover from that one let me profile him:
 He's south african (british colony) and has lived in the states since he was 22.  He owns two great danes and just loves animals in general.
Anyway, time had passed since that comment and my girlfriends convinced me to go to his house that saturday.  They were trying to tell me he was much different and said things for the sake of getting people's reaction.   STill???? reaction.

Ok-  So that saturday I went over and I was the only one there.  He lives in a cottage that over looks the bay on a cliff.  Its very beautiful and kind of surprising.  He was different.  I've never met anyone like him as far as being such a gracious host and great friend (at least that's what everyone was telling me).  Later that evening, and a couple of drinks later he asks if he can kiss me.  I said no. I still had that image of that day he said that awful thing.  Still I wanted to kiss him,  but I just knew getting involved on any level would have to lead to disclosure and I was not in the place to deal with it.  So he is persistent.  He tells me he's been in love with me since the very first day at the park, which he's told me before but I took as a joke plus I was always involved.  But the HIV comment would be a real deal breaker.

Finally, I tell him that I just can't be with him.  He wanted to know why, just needed.  I said, "there's something about me you need to know"....and in the back of my head i'm thinking OK FUCKER- you will be so ashamed and was ready to have glass in hand -drink in face.  The drama in my head is completed it all for me.  He replies, "anything, anything you've done just doesnt' matter, I really love you, I always have!!!!  I said, "IT's not what I've done...its its......(and i stopped and sighed) This was tough....just because  I really had no clue as to what his reaction would be.  He said in a serious calm voice, "I don't care, I don't care I don't care, I really love you,  I just want to be with you every moment I can."  Not what I was expecting.  And he said, this is me the real me....I always just try to get a rise from people at the dog park. But you should know now that it's not true. 
The nice thing is that he lives very simply.  He was raised in an aristocratic family where the women are put on pedestals.  And it's very evident.  The past week I have been lots of time really getting to know him and I am happy. 

Three weeks ago I was ready to find a bridge with my name on it...but my spirit kept telling me..."we all go through bad seasons and you'll get through this."

I can really say now "life is good".

I promise not to be stranger!  Hope you all are well my cyber girlfriends.

God Speed

Cammie

« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:32:37 am by camille07 »

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #89 on: August 14, 2007, 11:51:44 am »
Wow, wow, triple wow, Camille!!!

God, no one's ever declared love for me like that, let alone some hot guy with 2 great danes and a house on a cliff!

What a whirlwind!

So his reaction to the disclosure was basically "Ï love you no matter what". What on God's earth could be more amazing?!

Wishing you guys all the best!!!!

PS regarding your question

is marriage in your near future?

Not if my boyfriend has anything to say about it ...  ;D

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #90 on: August 14, 2007, 12:43:25 pm »
About a week ago, I was at my dog park.  My friend, Ian, invited me over his house for a bbq. 

Ok-  So that saturday I went over and I was the only one there.  He lives in a cottage that over looks the bay on a cliff.  Its very beautiful and kind of surprising.  He was different.  I've never met anyone like him as far as being such a gracious host and great friend (at least that's what everyone was telling me). 

Hi Camille~

...and we all thought Mr. Sports Car Guy from the cheesy bar drove you off into the sunset for a bit, lol!  Glad to hear about Ian.  I had a hunch that there was a man in your life, but I didn't want to jinx you.  Also, for a second there I thought you had stopped yourself short of disclosing, and had to read your post again. 

Wow, and it all worked out for you.  Now you can breathe and see where this goes.  I often see disclosure as me sitting on a fence, with the guy of my dreams standing down in one yard, looking up at me.  If he is OK with my status, I fall off the fence and into his arms.  If he isn't OK with it, I tip over into the empty yard next door, only to land on my head, get up shake it off and try again with someone new.

I only wish it were that simple!  I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

Drag~  I like how you numbered the guys for me, lol!  Yes, GFs, I am wondering "What's up, Doc" myself.  He has had some personal/business shit hit the fan recently, it just happened this past weekend, so I feel like I shouldn't intrude.  I'm also trying to abide by Big Sis Em's rule, of letting Doc invite me over.  All he seems to be doing is saying "I'll leave the door open for you...."

As far as Stone, lol, you crack me up, but its OK cause you're not in the states here.  Google "Stone Cold Steve Austin" and that's who Stone says he resembles.  People have told him that.  He works out, is very muscular, with a shaved head, lol.  You'll get a kick out of the pictures you find online!  Can you just imagine?  Giggle giggle!

DJ just emailed me and we are on for tonight.  He is a nice guy, but has connections to my Dad's employee, so I'm a little nervous.  Cart way before the horse there, so I should just go and have a good time.  He wants to come pick me up....in his Porche....in the hood I live in....with no furniture on my first floor, lol (ex took it all, it was his anyway, I had sold mine).  I am a little embarrassed but what the hell.  I feel like this guy is a friend, which is nice, cause I'm not too wound up over seeing him.  We already had the ice-breaker Saturday at my parents' house.  I keep wondering if he is a smoker, that stuff drives me nuts, no offense to those of you who smoke.  It just makes me sick to my stomach and makes it difficult to breathe sometimes.  DJ was smoking at the party but maybe he's one of those types who smokes when he drinks, lol.

I'll post more tonight, I keep thinking about Stone, though.  He's at work today, while I sit home wondering if I'll ever be employed again......sigh.

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:46:29 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline camille07

« Reply #91 on: August 14, 2007, 01:37:07 pm »
Mr. Sports car pales greatly in comparison to Ian.  But I'm still glad I went on a blind date as nerve wracking.  Its about taking risks.  I'm pretty sure I found an amazing guy, so no blind dates or cheesy bars....for a while...ok, maybe a cheesy bar.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #92 on: August 14, 2007, 01:43:07 pm »
OK, so I have to add a little more here.....DJ and I have sent a few emails back in forth here recently to plan for tonight.  He goes on to say that I shouldn't be bashful about where I pick to go to dinner...Pick anything I want.  He wants to wine and dine me, but I am his first date since he's been separated.  I don't need things to go to the Nth level, but it is sweet, how he isn't shy about being romantic.  I just hope he's not a leg-humper, lol, I am hoping he is just excited about getting out and doing something with someone new.  (No, not THAT, GFs, lol....!)  His email read something like, "I will spare no expense because I want you to be happy!  Also I will pick you up at your place, I'm kinda old fashioned. That is the proper thing to do ! Let me know. Your wish is My command !!"

Oh dear God.  

Why do I hold back and doubt myself so damn much?  (Gee, that's not hard to figure out, is it?.....) Someone just knock me on my head and tell me to go for it with one of these men already!  That's all I want, is to be in a loving relationship with someone.  I don't need it, I just want it, as I know I have a lot to give.

Stone, look out, here I come, baby........shit.

~Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #93 on: August 14, 2007, 09:22:40 pm »
Hey Ladies,

I haven't said much here lately just been observing mostly. I have a lil to report but since I still am not feeling too well I will try to keep it short. I haven't heard from Boo since the night I was hugging the toilet. I really haven't had the energy to feel any kind of way about it. I'm at the point I am just like whatever, if he contacts me great, if he doesn't then I guess it's 2 tears in a bucket. He says he's still interested but to me actions speak louder than words and we did exchange numbers, I just refuse to be the first one to call.

I did hear from the Indian, T today which was actually a pleasant surprise. He was online at work. He works at an art gallery in North Carolina. I feel for him. He has an ex who is bi-polar, who he has left but she continues to harass him. She calls the police on him for no reason and has even come to his job screaming he is poz. The man is still paying bills in a house he doesn't even live in. Bi-polar or not she is a BITCH.

I also have 2 leg humpers who really are starting to get on my last nerve. The first one is James who is from NY. We have been chatting online for about a few weeks and he is already claiming feelings. I have told him that I think he is obsessive because I don't see how it is possible for him to develop feelings for me in such a short time and having not even met me. He tries to put logic to it but I still shoot it down. He got pissy with me last night because I was in an IM with Moonlight and would not stop talking to her to talk to him. Then if I don't respond fast enough he wants to blow up the IM by laying on the damn buzz button. I told him it was irritating and to stop. He did the same thing today when I was talking to a friend on the phone today. He kept buzzing and asking if I am still on the phone. GFs, he had me so riled I was literally cussing him out in the IM. If I wasn't doing him a favor that he asked of me, I would be done. I think I will still be done after the favor is over but the thing is we will end up meeting. I had to tell him today that we are friends, he seem to think it was more than that, asking if I told my son about him. Um, er, NO. Like I told him, why should I tell my son anything, we are not dating, bf and gf, none of that, just friends. He even tried to pull that he knows he's gonna be in love when he sees me....Sorry dude, I don't believe in love at first sight. And I sure as hell don't like someone trying to isolate me from my friends.

The other humper is Michael. He is not that bad, his problem is that he doesn't like to talk much and when he does say something, it's a repeat of question he has already asked. He was on today but was actually decent when I told him that I am not feeling well.

That's all I have to report from my bizarre little world. I think I am at the point that I don't think I will ever find love or even someone that is compatible. I mean, hey, look at Boo, we have just about everything in common and at this point I feel things are stagnant. I guess I am destined to be alone and miserable. The story of my life.  :'(  :'(  :'(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline bluelove

« Reply #94 on: August 14, 2007, 09:31:33 pm »
Ok l have to ask this.

What the hell is a leg humper?

Blue who now knows she does not get out as much as she thought she did.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:50:23 pm by bluelove »

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #95 on: August 14, 2007, 10:55:23 pm »
Ya know when you go to a friend's house and their horny dog wraps its legs around your leg and, in a sexed out frenzy, humps, rubs, and wishes he were screwing--your leg? Well, Queen is saying these e-gentlemen callers are the human equivalent of a leg-humping dog.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #96 on: August 14, 2007, 11:21:20 pm »
Ya know when you go to a friend's house and their horny dog wraps its legs around your leg and, in a sexed out frenzy, humps, rubs, and wishes he were screwing--your leg? Well, Queen is saying these e-gentlemen callers are the human equivalent of a leg-humping dog.

Exactly.....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #97 on: August 15, 2007, 12:26:24 am »
Hi Ladies

Wont be able to write for the next day or so.  I have my nephew and we are planning to have fun, fun, fun.  Tomorrow is Marine World so that should be fun and exhausting.  Well, just an update heard from Cop#1 today and wanted to know why I had not called him and I told him that I was trying to give him his space to do what he needed.  Plus I told him that I figured since he did not text me back last week about dinner, that he was needing his space.  He told me that he did text me back and said he could not do it on Monday since he needed to talk to the Misses but could on Tuesday.  I never got that message and he figured I was mad that he needed to talk to the Misses so he wanted to give me my space.  But I told him that I never got it.  So he wants to try and do dinner next week, we will see.  Not sure that I want to, but on the other hand really want to have a heart to heart with him so I can let my heart move on.  Now Cop#2 keeps texting me everyday telling me he misses me and wants to come and see me.   Now that would be fine in dandy but he does not know about my status and not sure if I should tell him before he comes down or not.  I told him that I would rather come and see him since I can kill two birds with one stone and see my best friend.  I guess I would just hate to have him drive 6 hours and not be OK with me being +.   I would feel bad that he came all of this way.    Hope all of you are doing well.  Talk to you guys soon.

Offline camille07

« Reply #98 on: August 15, 2007, 12:51:35 am »
Leg humpers can also be mental ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #99 on: August 15, 2007, 05:55:00 am »
I went out with DJ, got home at 1130pm last night, and then called Stone.

Um, I just got off the phone with Stone, after six hours.

More after I get sleep.........lol.  And Mr. Good Zip Code wants to know if I have plans tonight.  Wonder if he wants to catch Live, Counting Crows and Collective Soul at the baseball stadium?  Hmmmmm.

Sustiva is kickin and I can't think.  More later, much later, lol.

I hear birds chirping and the sun is comiing up.......oh man.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.