Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:34:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 485
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 463
Total: 463

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: After a Week  (Read 4085 times)

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
After a Week
« on: September 27, 2006, 06:40:07 pm »
After a week of Atripla, things couldn't be better. The only lasting side effects are a buzz feeling about an hour after taking it, and that lasts for about 2-3 hours. Pretty cool actually. The dreams are the other side effect, and well, let's just say that I'm really enjoying those.

Things couldn't be better, and I don't know what I was so nervous about. Atripla ROCKS!
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 7 Nov 2006
CD4: 555 / 29% / Undetectable - 5 Feb 2007

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: After a Week
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 06:58:57 pm »
tha'ts so good to hear Molten. Keep up the good work with your adherence or we'll go over there and spank you!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 08:36:56 pm »
Molten,

So glad that you are doing so good on the new med!

Big Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 09:29:00 pm »
Hello Molten,

It is GOOD to hear that the meds are working out for you. Please DO keep up the adherence of your meds!

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline otherplaces

• Mutant Super Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 01:05:24 am »

Glad it's going well molten!  Keep poppin' that pill.  It seems to do wonders.  I got my VL after 1 month of Atripla today.  24,000 to 198.  You're on your way!!

take care,
brian

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 05:09:05 am »
A Buzz with an HIV drug??? STOP THE PRESSES!!! Now that is news.
SWEET DREAMS sexy! Hope the dreams are good. Care to share any?

Keep up the goodness.
Positive since 1985

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 07:09:22 am »
Hey Molten,

Glad to hear that the Atripla is working well for you !!

The Best-------Ray
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:11:09 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 01:36:48 pm »
Keep up the good work with your adherence or we'll go over there and spank you!

Promises, promises...  ;D

One of the dreams had tons of FINE men with bare asses. I have never seen so many firm, perky, bubble butts. My wittle homo heart was all a flutter. I *hated* waking up from that one. I was mentally screaming, "NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *sniffle* :)

Congrats on such a dip in your VL, Brian!!!!!!!! Slap that Virus down and call it Susie!

Thank you all for the encouragement!

(Jeffreyj gets extra thanks for calling me sexy *blush*)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 01:39:37 pm by MoltenStorm »
"Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful nor conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, adaptation in A Walk To Remember

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 03:19:28 pm »
Why is it that everybody gets a Buzz from their meds except me ?  Although I have pretty vivid sex dreams anyway, however i suspect that my Boyfriend may be fondling me in my sleep....

Anyway, I hope the Altripa does its thing..
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 04:01:41 pm »
Hey Molten,

I am so very, very happy that Atripla is working well for you!
I hope it just knocks the hell outta your virus!!!

Keep us updated, okay?

Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline MoltenStorm

• Poz & Fabulous
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 04:03:05 pm »
I most definitely will, Angel. :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.