Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:33:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 634
Total: 634

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV test result not back yet  (Read 9417 times)

Offline enternal

HIV test result not back yet
« on: March 13, 2007, 04:05:36 pm »
Hi everyone,

I had a HIV tests done at 14 weeks, and it's been 2 weeks and 1 day now and I still didn't get the result yet.  Why has it take so long?  I had a negative test at 6 weeks before this and it only took 1 week and 3 days.  This is really scaring me.  Since it is taking this long does it mean that it a postive result.  I had the tests done at my college health clinc and I live in toronto in case you guys are wonder.  I did ask the nurse at the clinic and the told me that they are sure and I should called back next week.   

It would be nice if someone give me feedback on this.   

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: HIV test result not back yet
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 04:08:07 pm »
It has nothing to do with the result.  I got my positive result back in less than 48 hours.  It has EVERYTHING to do with the workload at the lab it is being performed at.

Relax.  It is perfectly normal.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 04:33:10 pm »
Ent, even though your mind is busily coming up with the worst possible interpretation of a delayed result on your test, as AC has indicated the delay has nothing to do with the result. Labs have their own internal stuff to deal with and unfortunately it too often results in the kind of situation you're experiencing.

All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will have done so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the HIV virus. So that negative you received at 6 weeks is very encouraging. With that in mind I expect you will continue to test negative.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:41:00 pm »
I work at a lab and several things could happen.  Labs often batch HIV tests, so it can be workload.  I remember once when supplies that I ordered were put on backorder, so we ran out and I had to have the staff send all our HIV tests to our OTHER reference lab, which is in another state.   Also, you would be surprised at how disorganized doctor's offices can be.  I can't tell you how many times I have had to resend results (that I can prove successfully went through) or else have a fax fail and then call the office to find they haven't put paper in the fax or it is jammed or a result to magically be lost (even after sending it 3 times in one day) and also many doctor's offices turn faxes off on weekends, so a result might have to wait in the lab to be sent on a monday morning--and it could be an oversight on the lab's part in getting it sent--they can be put under piles of other paper work.  It has nothing to do with whether a result is positive or negative.   I think the first step would be to call the doctor's office and they can bug the lab.  Or if possible, follow the procedure for release of information and request a copy of your own test results--that would be one way to find out if they have it.

But anyhow, your result at 6 weeks is extremely encouraging, so it is very likely you will continue to test negative.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline enternal

Trouble at massage parlor
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 09:50:44 pm »
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I went to a massage parlor for the first time in my life.  I received a massage from a male massager. He and I were nude at the time.
30 minutes later he offers to give me a hand job so I accepted it.  During the act I notice that his precum got onto my stomach area, and his hand touched that area, and his hand with his own precum touched my penis (uthra).  I also licked/ sucked his penis shaft, not the head of his penis.  He also rubbed his penis onto my face which touched my eye and I know that the eye is considered a mucus membrane.  Finally will did some deep kissing and he jacked me until I came.  Am I over reacting?
 Do any of these activities put me at risk for HIV?  Do I need to get tested at 3 months?  Should I get tested for STD as well?

Please let me know cause I'm couldnt sleep and constantly think that I contrated something. 

Offline enternal

Trouble at massage parlor
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 09:51:52 pm »
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I went to a massage parlor for the first time in my life.  I received a massage from a male massager. He and I were nude at the time.
30 minutes later he offers to give me a hand job so I accepted it.  During the act I notice that his precum got onto my stomach area, and his hand touched that area, and his hand with his own precum touched my penis (uthra).  I also licked/ sucked his penis shaft, not the head of his penis.  He also rubbed his penis onto my face which touched my eye and I know that the eye is considered a mucus membrane.  Finally will did some deep kissing and he jacked me until I came.  Am I over reacting?
 Do any of these activities put me at risk for HIV?  Do I need to get tested at 3 months?  Should I get tested for STD as well?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 10:03:00 pm »
Nothing you have said is a risk for infection. You do need to learn the anatomy of the penis.

Offline enternal

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 10:24:33 pm »
I reed a post by StacheBC say he got hiv from performing oral sex on someone who has precum.  If I want to test should I wait 3 months or 6 weeks?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 11:17:12 pm »
StacheBC? If you believe that you are on the wrong forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 07:52:13 am »
Stop feeding your fears by looking for material to feed your fears. Nothng you have described during your massage incident put you at risk for HIV. Period.

The only reading you need to do is the lesson on Transmission on this site. There's a link to it in the Welcome thread which opens this section.

You are worrying yourself needlessly. Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 10:28:49 am »
Listen to Andy on this one.  Leave others out of it.

Now, onto YOUR issue which is the only one you need to be focusing on.  You did NOT have a risk. 

What I think is really going on here is that you are feeling guilty about some man to man action.  You are scaring yourself silly with guilt and coming to terms with an aspect of your sexuality that sounds to me like it is previously unexplored. 

I would reccommend seeing a counselor regarding this matter so you have someone to help guide you through your emotions.  This situation and your feelings have NOTHING to do with science or the transmission of HIV, and everything to do with your emotions.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 10:30:46 am by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline enternal

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 08:36:39 pm »
Hi there,

I was wondering if HIV can be transmitted from using someone's tongue scrapper.  Because today I acidentally used someone
s tongue scrapper and my tongue was bleeding a bit when I was using it.  I saw blood.   I feel very concern because the person is a dialisyis patient and he goes to the hospital to use the machines there.  I reed on the internet that there were few documented case that dialysis patient were infected with HIV from using the machine at the hospital.  Might I add that I person whom i accidentally used the tongue scrapper is Heptisitis C postive. 

PLease give feedback because I am very worried about this.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2007, 04:17:56 am »
No one has ever been infected by a dialysis machine. You are not going to get infected by using someones tongue scraper. Take the time to read the lessons on transmission found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2007, 04:40:19 am »
eternal,

Why on earth would you use someone else's tongue scraper? It's just bad hygiene to use other people's personal hygiene items, not because of hiv, but because of things like gum disease and colds and flu.

You didn't have a risk for hiv in this instance.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms and avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline enternal

A worried guy
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 12:20:38 am »
Hello every,

1 hours again I engage in sexual contact with someone who I suspect is HIV pos.  We didn't have any intercourse at all.  All he did you performing a blowjob on me with my underwear on.  I know I shouldn't worry, but he was also touching himself down there and I saw alot of precum from him.  I had a some open cut on my hand and elbow and he touched it with his hand which contain his precum.  Should I be worry about it.  I know that HIV is a very frigle virus but can it be possible to transmit this way.  I mean I have an open cut and his precum got onto it.

Please let me know, I'm very stress about this right now. 
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 01:55:09 am by enternal »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 05:40:07 am »
en,

You didn't have a risk. Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection, and neither is getting cum or pre-cum into a cut.

I rejected the new account you applied for. Stick to this account and this account only or risk being banned permanently. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline enternal

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 12:25:16 pm »
thanks Ann for your quick reply, I feel much more comer now.  Sorry for trying to make a new account because I at first I wasn't abble to locate my current account. 
Wish you all the best.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.