Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:43:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 202
Total: 202

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A little bit of good news..  (Read 3229 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
A little bit of good news..
« on: February 08, 2010, 05:50:50 pm »
I heard from Thoms sister today and she said he is making good progress which is amazing considering what he has been through, and is actually planning on going home but with snow storms going on they may keep him a little longer knowing he is on his own at home, although he has family and friends who can take care of him so we will see...I'm still not sure what the results of all his tests are.

Thom is still having a little problem with his memory but it seems he is now fully aware that Ric has gone and when she told him I had called and of all your wonderful posts about Ric and all the well wishes for his recovery he cried...as sad as it is I think that's a good sign.

I hope he will be home soon because then he can start to make plans with Ric's family and finally lay Ric to rest, and Thom can start on his road to recovery, even though he wasn't an active member he was loved as much as Ric was.

On behalf of Thom and Rics family and friends I thank you for all your kind words.

In love and sadness
Jan :'(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline David_CA

Re: A little bit of good news..
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:13:27 pm »
That's great news about Thom!  I know it's going to be doubly hard without Ric, but he's a strong man.  Thanks for the update, Jan.

Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline OzPaul

• 40 year, Long Term Survivor/LTNP
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 06:21:49 pm »
Dear Jan

Than you for sharing the good news about Thom. I'm sending him healing thoughts and vibes from Australia.

Paul

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 06:46:08 pm »
Thanks Jan,

Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline Lis

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 06:59:56 pm »
I have no words... your love was a beautiful thing, and I know that the bond will always be there
poz 1986....

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 07:40:26 pm »
Thank you for your replies.

Lis it's good to see you back even under such sad circumstances.

The update is the Doctors are now saying that it was a seizure and that he did not have a stroke, and the reason for his confusion is due to his grieving and depression, his fast recovery would indicate that it was a seizure and not a stoke so that is really good new for Thom.

They released him today and friends took him home to his house,  they will stay with him for a few hours this evening...I'm not happy about him being left on his own, going home to an empty house will be awful for him, it doesn't bear thing about..but our hands are tied.

A nurse will to be calling in daily to check on him and to make sure he is taking his meds, his sister is trying to get a flight on Saturday to go and stay with him and to help out and to make arrangements for Ric..but the weather has been so bad she has not been able to get a flight..so fingers crossed Saturday will be OK.

Ric is still at the hospital and will stay there until Thom is able to cope and make arrangements, but I think his his sister will be doing most of the arrangements.
hugs
Jan
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 07:42:25 pm by anniebc »

Offline karry

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 07:53:47 pm »
Hi Jan, please send my love, hugs to him if you get in touch. I may not know him personally, but its heartbreaking to know what he is going through now. Will keep him in my prayers and hoping that he finds the strength to get through this.
K.
Take it a day at a time....and be positive about it too!

Offline Jody

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 08:43:17 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to post this info we were all anxious to hear Jan.  It is good of you, I should say typically so, to keep us in the loop during these sad days for our members here at AIDSmeds.com.

May Thom find good health in the days and years ahead where Ric will always remain close by in his (and our)hearts.  ::)

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2010, 08:45:47 am »
It's good to hear that Thom is well enough to be going home and that his sister will be getting there eventually to visit while he recovers.

Sending him best regards and thanks for the updates, Jan.
Andy Velez

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 03:39:36 pm »
Hi everyone

I just got off the phone with Thom, he seems to be coping OK, he is going to the Doctors today for a check up so we will know more about how he is doing health wise by tomorrow.

He was moved to tears when I told him that everyone sends their love and well wiishes for his speedy recovery and that Ric was rememberd in the forums by all who knew and loved him.

As I said before his sister is trying to get to him but the weather is making it hard for her, but she is hoping to be with him on Saturday, then they will start making arrangments for Ric...Ric's family is not going to make it...for some reason that's upsetting me a hell of a lot and I'm finding that hard to take on board...but I suppose the weather is a big factor over there at the moment and people are finding it hard to travel.

Hugs
Jan
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 03:42:43 pm by anniebc »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.