Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:13:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 239
Total: 239

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Part XII: Labors of Love, Love's Lost, and Loving Life.....  (Read 70170 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Dating Part XII: Labors of Love, Love's Lost, and Loving Life.....
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2007, 08:01:49 am »
Good morning ladies:

I agree with Queen, where is everyone?  Oh well, Queenie, I guess not everyone checks in as regular as we do.  That's alright.  I just feel like I'm missing something if I don't check in here every day.  And I've really grown to love the people on here and I want to know what's going on in their lives and if there's anything going on in my life, I know I can get support and answers here.  

Well, today is World AIDS Day.  I really don't know what to say except I'm pissed off at the local ASO, because they're not doing anything for it.  I'm like WTF! >:(  They used to have a rememberance kind of service in the past.  Every year it was at a different church.  Now, nothing.  I guess maybe I should start planning something for next year and try to get with some other HIV+ folks in the community instead of just bitching. I always say, better to get involved than to just stand around and bitch.  I remember when they brought part of the Quilt to Notre Dame 13 years ago.  It was really something to see.  The part that broke my heart were all the kids' and babies' panels.  I just found a book that I had bought there yesterday when I was in the basement.  So I brought it upstairs and I have been slowly reading through it and sometimes, shedding a few tears.  My mum started to make me a panel, but never finished it.  The mother's support group here finished it for her 13 years ago when I had the wasting syndrome and wasn't expected to make it.  I'm not sure who has it right now.  Anyway, I hope everyone is having an o.k. day and maybe a day of remembering and reflecting.  

Em, I'll tell my dad what I did, to let him know I'm still keeping my mum's memory alive.  He tried to give me some money yesterday for helping him, which was a whole ordeal in itself, but of course, I refused.  I understand things are tight for him.  I don't mind helping him but he's just so damn OCD, it can drive someone crazy.  It's gotten worse since my mum passed.  I think though that the death of someone really close can aggravate underlying conditions, be they medical or psychological.  

Cin, I hope you're resting well in between moving.  And eating and generally taking care of yourself.  How do you like his place?  I'm anxious to hear all about it.

Queen, I will be reading your blog either this morning or later today.  I'm looking foward to it.  

Drag, I hope your wrist heals well.  That must really suck.  I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me.  I broke one of my fingers when I was in grade school playing baseball and that majorly sucked.  I can't imagine a shattered wrist.  Ouch!

NY, OMG!  I am so excited!  Pretty soon we're going to have a little newborn baby among us.  Wow!  I know you must be doubly-excited.  I know you won't have much time to post when the baby comes, but please, please, at least post a birth announcement or something of that type so we know all the details!  

Anyway ladies, onward and upward.  Today I have to do a paper for my child & adolescent psychology class.  Other than that, nothing exciting happening.  Take care-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2007, 09:01:43 am »
Hi Betty... dont worry, my wrist is not literally shattered, just painful from too much computer work. I said i would rest so many times and never did. I really need a break to let it heal. On 12/12 I have an EMG scan, i am hoping they will find carpal tunnel syndrom, then I can actually have surgery to fix it. But I have to get them to agree first b/c the EMG is for the pain in my feet actually.

Have a good one everyone. Wherever you are. GOOD LUCK NY. You are one brave mama!
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2007, 10:19:11 am »
Hi ladies. It's been a while since I checked in. Things have just been hectic lately. I went to the doc yesterday for my labs. She insisted on the flu shot. I have read all the threads here about getting one and not one of them said how much that MF'er hurts!! OMG! Anyway, my labs will be back next week. When I get them I will update. Have a great Saturday!
08/13/07 - Diagnosis confirmed
08/30/07 - T-cells 400, VL 6,500 (Baseline)
11/30/07 - T-cells 428, VL 9,950

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2007, 03:08:22 pm »
Plans have changed....Rico is not coming over tonight. He was suppose to come over after visiting with his son but now his son will be staying with him overnight. I must admit that I am a bit disappointed but I know how much it means to him to have him overnight. This is a first for him but in the back of my mind, I am just thinking that the reason for this is prolly due to the ex and her man wanting to go out or something. Now I won't see Rico til Wednesday night..... :( But I still have a case of Coronas and the good green, so the night is not a total loss. I'll just be watching Beowulf alone.....

Confused-- Good to hear from you. The shot prolly hurt because you tensed up your arm when she gave it to you. I am kind of a pro on the shot thing since I get my depo every 3 months and notices when you tense up it hurts more. Or she didn't shoot you in the fleshy part of your arm.

Betty-- I am like you, I always check in here daily and usually more than a few times. I have gotten close to the ladies too. It saddens me when some tend to drift away for whatever reason. I have been working on my blog, I have 3 entries already. I am thinking of doing one today since I have plenty of time on my hands now. Plus, I am really enjoying doing it and have gotten some good comments. I think it will be good for me and will lead to me being more open about things.....

Well, I have already opened my first Corona.......Cheers, Ladies..... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline camille07

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2007, 09:09:51 pm »
hey girls, still here and watching. love you all.

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2007, 12:06:48 am »
I dunno why the shot hurt so much. I did like I always used to do. I didn't tense up. I didn't even look so I wouldn't see it coming and she did get me in the fleshy part. It just hurt. Its still tender today. I did depo for years and it never bothered me...go figure.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2007, 06:58:20 am »
Good morning ladies:CAM!  Long time, no hear!  How are you doing?  What have you been up to?  Now come on, you can't just check in without letting us know what's going on!  I miss your regular postings.
   Queen, I hope you're not too hung over today.  I understand your disappointment, but I'm sure Rico was thrilled to have his son with him overnight.  I'm glad you're blogging more.  I'm sure that will help with getting things out and getting good feedback.
Confused, I don't know why the shot hurt you so much.  I had my flu shot about a month ago, and it didn't hurt.  But, usually shots never hurt me.  If you didn't tense up and she got you in your fleshy part, I really don't know why it would hurt and still be hurting.  Hmmmmm.  Glad you got the shot though.  I think that's important for all us pozzies to do.

I wonder how Cin is doing helping Iceman organize his new home.  Girl, I hope things are going alright and you're not wearing yourself out too much. Other than that, I was wondering if anybody did anything yesterday (being that it was World AIDS Day).  The ASO here did nothing.  That really pisses me off.  They used to have memorial services at a different church every year.  I don't know why they had their fingers up their asses this year.  But I will let them know how I feel (toned down of course).  I saw Magic Johnson and his wife being interviewed.  My dad called me and told me that he saw Bush giving a speech and he also saw where they had part of the Quilt.  He asked me if I remembered going to see it years ago with him and my mum.  I told him of course I do.  About 13 years ago, Notre Dame had part of it displayed at this place called the Stepan Center on their campus.  It was really moving.  I remember the last day that they had it displayed, everyone took a candle and formed a circle around Stepan Center and there was a prayer that was said and I think we sang some song. 

Has anyone ever seen "And The Band Played On?"  That is probably my favorite movie about the early days of HIV/AIDS in the U.S.  I used to have a copy of it, but I don't know what happened to it over the years. I would like to track it down somewhere though and purchase it.  I miss terribly all the friends I've lost to this damn virus.  Although I have a good support system, no one can take the places of them.  I haven't been to a service for someone who died from AIDS in a little over a year, which is a lot different than what it used to be.  But, people are still dying.  I wish, oh how I wish, that I would see a story on the news about a cure being found.  With all the money these drug companies make, there should have been a cure a long time ago.  Anyway.......

I don't have a whole lot going on today myself.  I'm going to a get-together this afternoon of some of us ladies in Narcotics Anonymous.  I hope everything goes well, as a couple of the women have been fueding lately.  If they start again today, I'm leaving.  I don't like to be around fighting today.  I got all my homework done Friday and yesterday, so I'm covered in that area.   I hope all you ladies have a good day-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2007, 09:49:45 am »
Hi GFs~

Totally exhausted, spent last night at Iceman's for the first time.  We went to Walmart 2x yesterday for stuff.  On a Saturday.  During Christmas season.  I never even go to Walmart on a Saturday normally.  I try to go when no one is there.  My back was absolutely killing me last night.  I haven't lifted anything heavy, but with my fibromyalgia, just being on my feet a lot sends my lower back into searing, burning pain.  I'm better today.  Cheech got to come over last night and stay with us at the new place, too.  There's a long fenced yard, so he is happy.

I miss all of you, I hate not having time to read and respond.  Perhaps tonight I'll get a chance, if not, then tomorrow after my first day at work.

NY, good luck with being induced Tues!  BT, Queen, Drag, Cristy, Cam, Confused, Tendai, Sun, Win, all my GFs, more soon!   :-*

~ Cindy

P.S. - Queen crackin' a Corona at 3pm?  Girl!  You gonna be on lots of insulin, be careful!   ;D
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 09:51:21 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2007, 03:53:54 pm »
Sorry, I didn't have a chance to update yesterday. Rico did end up coming over after all. I guess his son got to missing his mommy so he sent him back. After his phone call saying he wasn't coming, I had drank the first Corona,got dressed and went to CVS. I didn't take my phone. While at CVS, I had to show the pharmacy that I had switched insurances and pick up some prescriptions. After doing that, I was walking around the store picking up a few things. By the time I place everything on the counter and turned around, Rico was there. I was surprised and happy. When I made it back to my place, the first Corona had hit me along with about 4 doobies so I had to lay down for about 45 minutes. When I drink Coronas, I usually space them out due to my diabetes but I had slammed the first one due to thinking Rico wasn't coming....

We, roomie included, ordered some chinese last night before we got to drinking the tequila. I had one shot, they had 2. I know my limitations... ;D Of course that meant with doing the shots, I had to have the lemon/lime along with the salt. From that point on, I was had a nice buzz going thus was feeling quite warm and fuzzy. ;D Let's just say it turned out to be a nice night.

And waking up today was just as nice being snuggled up in Rico's arms all morning and part of the afternoon. He has now made it a habit to turn his phone off when he comes here. After he left, I knocked off the rest of the chinese from last night and have just been chilling. I will more than likely spend the rest of the day relaxing by playing my computer game and doing a bit of blogging. I'll more than likely will go to bed early because tomorrow is another hectic day of paying bills.

Cindy--- Good of you to check in. I hope you are taking it easy today after all that moving. Glad Cheech like the new surroundings.

Cam--- Good to see you peek in, girlie. How have you been?

NY-- I'm counting down..... ;D

Betty--- Nope, I didn't have a hangover but Rico did. I know when to say when.... ;D Has never liked the feeling of being drunk but a good buzz isn't bad along with the good green... ;)

Confused--- I did get a flu shot that didn't hurt when she shot me but the area was sore for a few days. I breeze through the depo shots too. All I ask the nurse is which side this time.... ;D

I hope you all have a good day.... :-*
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:58:05 pm by Queen Akasha »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2007, 07:21:44 pm »
Hi ladies:

Cin, I hope you're feeling alright.  And good luck on the new job tomorrow!  I hope everything goes alright.  Please let us know how everything goes! 

Queen, when I used to drink/take drugs, the only reason I saw for drinking alcohol was to be drunk.  That was just my philosophy.  I couldn't smoke marijuana after smoking it for several years because it made me extremely paranoid.   They say that the pot today has a higher level of THC in it and is stronger.  I don't know, I don't do anything anymore anyway.  I hope you have a good evening though and are resting and recuperating after seeing Rico. ;)

Today was just a normal Sunday.  I went to church, came home, ate a little lunch and took a nap.  I did rent a couple movies and tonight I'm going to watch (for the umpteenth time) "And The Band Played On."  I'm sure I'll get angry and sad all over again.  It's a wonderful movie for those of you who haven't seen it.  I hope you ladies have a nice evening-

tendai

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2007, 04:46:02 am »
hie ladies

i hope u all had a great weekend.
Queen - nice to see things with Rico going so well ;). And congrats on the blog girl.
Cindy - are u sure your backache wasnt only due to the fibrowhatsit? methinks Iceman had contributions towards that ;D
Betty - hows the non-smoking going?
Drag - i hope your arm is better. u gon learn to be a one armed bandit till u get it fixed.  ;D is your voice-reg back?
NY- tomorrows the day right. i'm so excited for you. i hope all goes well. the final countdown...

i went for a wedding on saturday. remember the difficult friend i once wrote about? his uncle/cousin and wife were the ones getting wedded, the ones i stayed with a couple of months. they were married traditionally a few years ago, this was the white wedding. anyway the wedding was great. beautiful venue.  they were set up on top of a swimming pool thats where they made their vows. of course the bride looked beautiful, (is there such a thing as an ugly bride i wonder).  the groom looked liked like a cuddly teddy bear. the bridesmaids were all pretty. the groomsmen , well... ::).  One of the bridesmaids was dancing a bit too vigorously with her big hips and her skirt bust the zip and she had to dance holding it for a while till she gave up and went off to fix it. (think it was Hips dont lie they were dancing to) :D
it was great , i think they got over $2bn as well as forex. no eligible single men there though. bugger.
i got home about 8pm tried to sleep. then my old ex-ish called me saying he wanted to see me "just to talk and maybe watch a movie". yeah right
he came over but i was so tired i fell asleep. then around 1am theres this knocking at the gate and honking and he wakes me up. i go to the gate chop-chop before my landlord wakes up.
theres coppers at the gate.
"whose car is this, why is it outside, u know theres been breakins lately around here? u'll give us work when u find your car stripped or robbed. etc etc."
he just apologised and they said they wanted money "for a quart (of beer)". he absolutely refused. said he didnt have any money and the money that was in the car was his uncles who is a colonel in the army.
"so lets go to the station then". they said
he said fine lets go and they got into their cars. i scarpered off back inside. he called me a few minutes later and said the coppers said that they had "some other business to attend to" and let him go. ::)
He says he makes it a point never to give coppers money. I think he relies on dropping his uncles name around so they dont pursue things. The day he meets some hard headed officers is the day he will cough up. no point sleeping in a jail cell or wasting time at the police station  when a little grease money will make them leave u alone.
thats my weekend.  my boss is away for TWO WEEKS so i wont be coming to work everyday. woo hooo!
have a wonderful day y'all :-*

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2007, 07:33:19 am »
Good morning ladies:

Tendai, WTF?  The cops wanted money from your ex?  Wow, what a bunch of slicksters!  Are they all like that there (the cops)?  And if someone doesn't pay up, they put them in jail?  Wow.  I'm still not smoking.  It's been a couple weeks now.  I've been exercising a little.  Nothing major, just some yoga.  I'm glad to see you checking in.  Sounds like the wedding was nice.  No, I've never seen an ugly bride. 

I hope the rest of you are doing alright.  It snowed here last night; they're warning people out driving on the news this morning.  I was going to get snow tires on my car, but with the recent expense it cost me to get it fixed, there was no way I could afford it.  Oh well, it's a big car (Ford Crown Victoria), so I suppose if I get a sandbag or something and throw it in the trunk (it's rear-wheel drive) it will help.  Other than that, nothing really going on here.  I hope all you ladies have a good one-

Offline vivyt

« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2007, 08:32:55 am »
Hi all! Just checking in. Not much is going on here. Same old, same old. Have a good day!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2007, 10:37:05 am »
I've never seen an ugly bride. 

I have. Ever watched Bridezilla?

my wrist is killing me.... otherwise nothing new. Had a good weekend. Just quiet but good.

It seems to be this time of the year when not much is happening. No news good news. Tendai i am glad youre getting time off. Queen I am glad you're getting off [;D ;D this was irresistable]. Betty I'm just glad you're off the nasty old smokes. And Cammie, I always wanted a Great Dane. I love any kinda dog actually. Moon, hope you're sleeping the cramps off. Does Ice know how rough this was on you?

All the best to everyone, Viv, Cristy, NY [tomorrow???], Confused, Sara, Sherry [you're a brave woman, looks like karma's on your side]
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Nygurl225

« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2007, 12:24:48 pm »
Hi ladies,

Dragonette~ Rest the wrist!! :'(

Betty~ i feel your pain! It snowed where I am too. I hate the snow but it's hard to avoid driving in it unless you have no life. Just go slow and be careful. Oh and I have seen an ugly bride up close and personal. haha. Thats all I'll say about that!

Tendai~ Enjoy your relaxing two weeks at work, or lack of.  ;D  I wish I has a boss that went away for weeks on end. Unfortunatly theres ALWAYS a boss at my job.

As for the rest of you I hope your all staying warm and doing well. Tomorrow is the big day for me. I don't go in until the evening, not sure why they scheduled it that way but I'm not gonna question it. MM is in route here as we speak. Things are a little less tense between us, so I'll just take it for what it is. Worse case senerio I have a beautiful new swing (one of the newest models I love it) New stroller, car seat and a few other goodies thanks to him. Even if he is a jerk, he helped out so I must give credit where credit is due. And I guess he did keep his word about being here for the birth of the baby. So I won't bitch, since I'm on a quest to maintain peace. Today will be very busy, taking care of last minute things. Then I hope to get some sleep, I was up all night last night doing school work.

As for disibility still getting the damn run around. Still frustrated. I contacted a supervisor at DSS to see if I could finaly get some damn help and she told me she would have a worker call me with an apt. That hasn't happened so I'll give them until tomorrow before I call in the AM and bitch, again. The ASO has been in touch but really hasn't done much to help yet. Mostly gathering info. I called them today to inform them that I REALLY NEED HELP ASAP!!! Hopefully they get on the ball.

Well, I'm out for now. I'll try to check in again tomorrow. If not I'll have pics of my new baby boy when i get back.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2007, 12:56:50 pm »
actually after typing this i made a couple other longer posts here. i dont know why, i feel very emotional, tis that time o the month... so i post to let it out. problem is there is always something to write on in these forums. i am having pain in my eyes too, but since they have been checked 2 weeks ago and the doc said there is absolutely nothing wrong, what can i do? it took me months to schedule that appt. the system here is really really slow and beaurocratic.

i am working on a computer all the time, i try to pace myself re posting not to add to it. i will rest from tomorrow. That's a promise.

I don't know if when Queen gave the title to this thread she thought of giving birth but it sure gives a new meaning to Love's Labor. i found out yesterday a friend of mine's pregnant and she has been trying for ages. i really want this too, but there is a part of me that doesnt even dare to hope for all that. maybe that's why i'm so emotional. things have been amazing with my BF lately. and it can be overwhelming, in a good way, but overwhelming. like i will have all those horrible memories of the past flood me, things i havent thought about in years. or fear that something could go wrong. how stupid is that? Do you know what I mean? I wonder if Cindy has the same. dont get me wrong i am not whining here, at all.

NY, I wish you an easy birth (insofar as it can be easy). MM had better be good, but you can't worry about him now. Just you are important. I will be thinking of you tomorrow in particular. Big hug & the best of luck to you & Baby!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2007, 03:08:33 pm »
It has been snowing off and on here too. The wind is what makes it so bad. I went out for a moment, to get money so I could pay bills. And like every month I am flat broke. At least I don't have to worry about anything being cut off. But I am also trying to squirrel away some money.

I am still coughing like crazy but I think the Mucinex is breaking up the flem. Lucifer is perched on my lap as I write this which is not normal, he usually is chasing Polly around. Oh now he wants to stretch out on my laptop with his paw on the keyboard. This would make a good picture. I think I better start keeping my webcam close by. I have also noticed that he has put all his fur on my nice black shirt. Now I am going to have to change....

Now remember to breathe NY and PUUUUUUSSSSHHHHH. You know the drill. It's good to see MM stepping up even if the steps are small ones. It means progress. Sorry you are having such a time with your ASO....Damn my phone rang and it was my ASO, how weird is that? But keep on them.

Dragonette--- I know how you feel when it comes to things going so well. It's like you're waiting for something bad to happen so you can say I knew it...Since things are going so well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it..... ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2007, 07:32:24 am »
Good morning ladies:

Today's the day for you, NY.  I can't wait.  I'm holding my breath!  Pretty soon we will have a new baby boy among us, wow!

Queen, I see you've got one of those dinosaur eggs in your sig line.  I saw Jaser's thread about them.  Do you know when it's supposed to hatch? 

Today we're supposed to get more snow.  In fact, it's supposed to be snowing on and off all week.  Glad the repairs on my car are done.  Or at least, I think they are.  I'm going to get my usual labs done today.  So in a couple weeks I should have some numbers to report.  I hope they're good.   My algebra teacher e-mailed everyone in class the final.  OMG, it's so long.  I don't remember how to do all of the problems, so I will have to look back to see.  It will surely take me a long time to do.  Please keep me in your thoughts.  Still no smoking, though.  Hopefully this final won't drive me back to it. :D 

Other than that, my pop is hanging in there.  I hope he makes it through Christmas.  My sister put his X-mas tree up and he told her it didn't seem right to have the tree up without my mum. :'(  But my sis assured him mum would've wanted him to have it up.  This is such a difficult holiday for me, I can't imagine what it's like for him.   I hope all you ladies have a good day-

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2007, 08:04:51 am »
(((Betty)))

I really feel your pain. I wish there was something I could do.

other than that, what I forgot to write yesterday, I am not happy with you not having snow chains. I have very limited expereince driving on snow but it was very scary. Please be careful. Can't you get 2nd hand chains or something like that? why do people have to get new ones every year? do they wear out? sorry this must be a dumb question...

I'm exahusted. I didn't sleep for who knows how many nights like a good solid sleep. It's my feet, I have to leave them out of the blanket even when it's freezing b/c they have all sorts of wierd feeling and aches. I get an EMG scan next week for that. When it's not my feet it's my stomach on the PIs, luckily I sleep alone otherwise I am not so sure my BF could still find the farting toad version of me attractive  ;D.

I told my boss I'm taking the day off tomorrow. I have a lot of issues with my bosses, mostly about copyright stuff (stealing my ideas). But I'll give them one thing, they are very kind when it comes to my health. I told my boss everything about the resistance issue and how I had to fight with the hospital. I have the best conditions at work, even have my own room alone when my collegues share 2, 3, 4 and even 5 a room. That's not thanks to my bosses but to the kindness of the administrative staff, who don't know what's wrong with me but know that something is. I also get a massage twice a week from my phisiotherapist, and I get my supplements on my insurance, all of these things that I am very doubtful I could get anywhere else. Even with all these great perks, and coming and leaving work whenever I want and basically setting my own schedule, it's so hard, that I have no idea how people maintain a normal job. We have people here on the forums who are nurses, teachers, flight attendants, business people that have to fly and keep all kinds of crazy schedules. Tough jobs even when you're completely healthy. Not to mention people who have to waitress or work in some giant retail outlet for tough conditions. I don't know how they do that cos I am worn out... I just hope and pray that I will always have convenient jobs like this one. I didn't always have such white collar jobs, I started working in a megastore witth 14 hour shifts and up to 2 years ago I was still doing chambermaid work here in Holland a few days a week for extra $, but I have had it so easy most of my adult life with my employment compared to most people. Some people work hard for a lot of money and some people work a hard for a little money. I always work a little for a little money, which will prob not be enough when I have kids but is just OK for now. For now that's the only way I can have it... I don't have the feeling anymore that I can do everything. Even on my own job I tend to F up, forgetting things and the like.   

Anyway that was 2 breathless minutes about employment and HIV...

Betty, when you are craving that cigarette over your final, just repeat to yourself "my life is not in danger". I read this somewhere, that when we have a challenge or something stressful, our psyche, or the deep primitive part of our brain, responds just like it would 10,000 years ago if we were confronted with a lion in the wilderness or something. So even though your newer brain knows that it's just a paper for school and what's the worse that could happen, your inner brain which is in charge of your feelings drives you nuts. And it said, that you have to speak to your inner brain in simple repetetive language, even stating the obvious, b/c that's the way to calm it down.

Today is the first day of Hannukah and when I was diagnosed it was also that time although it is in a different date every year, what I remember is that as this is the holiday of miracles my parents and I were praying for a miracle, meaning a wrong result. That was such a sad time. But I did get my miracle and I continue to get it even if I have been diagnosed. I will not be doing anything, but tomorrow we celebrate sinterklaas (Dutch holiday giving presents instead of on xmas) with some Dutch friends and others.

~NY, you probabaly will not be reading this, but I am thinking of you and your little miracle!~

Hugs to everyone,

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2007, 09:53:48 am »
Hello ladies. I am well. Been reading but not posting much.                    NY, best of luck with the induction. So glad that MM is helping and I cannot wait to see the pictures of your beautiful son. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D            Queen, hope you get to feeling better.                                             Betty, sorry about your dad. Hang in there lady and keep being there like you are.                                                                        Not much going on here. I am working a lot this week.I am also talking to a interesting guy in Maryland. I am also messaging a couple In NC(where they came from all the sudden , I have no idea) and I went to see my work friend Sunday. He had surgery so we went to cheer him up but I don't want to date him, just be his friend.                                                                                              My oldest got out of jail Thursday and I went and got him and took him to the Shelter. He is not allowed here so I did what I could for him. He has already gotten a job and I sent him paperwork yesterday so he can get his picture ID. I think he is better off in Greensboro since there is nothing out here anyway.    Anyway, hope everyone is well. I will check back  later.      Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2007, 12:05:39 pm »
I hope everyone is having a good day thus far. Not to worry, I am doing fine. Still coughing, surprised I haven't coughed up a lung yet... ;D I'm just laying in the bed and waiting on WoW (World of WarCraft) to finish downloading so I can start playing. I guess I have been seeing too many of the commercials with Mr. T and William Shatner so now I want to play. You get a 10 day free trial but I went ahead and ordered the game. I should have it by Friday or Wednesday the latest. I guess you can say it was my Christmas gift to myself. I thought I would be able to give some gifts this year but there were too many bills...I still am trying to get my car up and running.

I am a bit frustrated with Rico. What else is new, right? I'm not going to get into the details here. I cracked open a bottle of Arbor Mist(Sangria), blazed up a blunt and blogged about it last night. If you want to know what's going on then you will have to go check out my blog. No, I'm not plugging my blog, it's just that I don't feel like writing it all here. That's a lot of typing... ;D

I have officially gone into hibernation just like the bears... :D We've been getting hit with a lot of snow as of late. For the most part it has gone away but it snowed last night and it seems to be sticking. The temp has been like in the high 20's to low 30's. When it gets to be like this I don't come out of my house unless it is necessary. I may end up having to cancel my doctor's appointment next week but will see if he needs me to get any kind of blood work done. I am talking about my primary doctor not my ID doctor. I don't see the ID doc til January. Since both primary and ID doc works with each other when one of them sees me they usually send a report to the other stating results of whatever tests they ordered. I just got my A1C done in October, so I don't think there really is a reason to see my primary.

Christy, it seems like you got a little bit going on in your world.Your oldest is out, huh? I hope he has learned something since being locked up. Time will tell. How is your baby doing? Good, I hope. So, what is going on with the guy in Maryland? Does it sound promising or is it too early to tell? Good Luck with that but keep us in the loop.....

Betty, Yeah it took me forever to get my eggy. In order for it to hatch, you have to click on it, so please click on my eggy ladies or my baby will die. I haven't thought of a name for it yet. I'm think it is suppose to hatch in 7 days. I got to get with Jaser on the details. He has 4 now. Matty the Damned has 2.

Speaking of hatching, I am so excited for NY. She will be having her baby today or is it they are breaking her water today? I hope she doesn't be in labor long and little man co-operates. That's it for me........

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2007, 06:47:41 pm »
Good evening ladies-

Where the hell has Cin been?  Giving a shout-out to you girl, hope you're doing alright.

Queen, I clicked on your eggys.  They're going to hatch in 6 days?  I got myself a couple presents also.  I got a new winter coat and some boots.  Actually, the boots are really nice (snow boots) and I got them really cheap on Sierra Trading Post's website.  The coat I got at Wal-Mart's website.  Uh-oh, I said that word (Wal-Mart).  I really don't advocate shopping there, because they're so evil to their employees.  But I needed something that wasn't expensive. 

Cristy, you've done all you can for your son.  He's got to do something for himself now.  I wish him luck.

Drag, were you talking to me about the snowchains?  We can't use them here in Indiana.  They're illegal.  My brother used to live in Alaska and he said they were mandataory there.  Frankly, I don't see how anyone could live in Alaska.   It does sound like you have a very accomodating employer.  Be thankful for that, I guess.  As far as your feet are concerned, have they ruled out PN (peripheral neuropathy)?  It sounds like you might have that.  I'm no doctor, so don't take that as an official diagnosis; I was just wondering.  My feet used to bother me terribly and I have PN.  I'm on medication for it now, so it's better.  I hope they find out what's wrong with yours. 

I wonder if NY has had her boy yet.  Queen, I think they were just supposed to induce labor.  Hopefully we'll get some news soon.  This is exciting!  Other than that, I had some labs done today, so I should have some results (CD4, viral load, cholesterol, A1C etc.) in a couple weeks.  I see the doctor in January, but I always request copies of my labs.  I guess the lab for the diabetes (A1C) was not good, because his nurse called me this afternoon and told me to increase my Insulin.  OK.  I know I need to eat better.  I'm going to after the holidays.  I just can't right now.  Speaking of eating, I got the ingredients I'll need to make cookies and fudge.  I'm going to make 3 different kinds of cookies, and 2 different kinds of fudge.  My daughter in Washington wants me to send some to her.  So I might try that.  Maybe I'll get baking this weekend.  I'm just so fearful that if I make everything too early, I'll end up eating it all.  Ugh!

Other than that, nothing exciting.  I hope you ladies have a good evening!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2007, 07:14:08 pm »
Ooooh you making fudge, huh? How about some special brownies??? Oh wait, no you can't. Sorry about that, I wasn't thinking. I'm a little off my game today so to speak. I think it is finally over with me Rico...For good this time. I spoke to my friend who hooked us up and she was telling me a few things via text messaging. One of her messages I forwarded to Rico's phone. All of a sudden my phone starts ringing and of course it is Rico. I didn't even bother answering, I just listened to the voicemails. I sent him a few text messages to which there was no response so I pretty much got my answer. I am just numb about now. I cracked open the other bottle of Arbor Mist.....2 tears in bucket, motherfuck it.....Cheers.....Life goes on....

I think I am going to have to download my game again...Grrrrr....it said I didn't have enough memory so I took out a few things. Oh gee, there goes the phone again....It's Rico...Can we all say IGNORE....Anyhoo, hopefully the game will download now. If not then I will have to keep taking things off.

Oh man, Rico left me another voicemail...Let me go listen to it...UGH.....I will chat you ladies later....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2007, 05:56:07 am »
Hi GFs~

Just checking in so you don't worry.  Work has been OK, I passed my training course yesterday on the second try, taking an online test.  For some of the girls it took all afternoon, but I helped quiz one Latino girl and she ended up going from a 73% to a 97%, better than any of us!  I felt good about helping her, she's only been in the states for 3 years.

Work is kinda boring, with coding and data entry, we are still in our training room, but Friday I think we go out on the floor and start doing real work, processing claims.  My recruiter, PPP, still has her head jammed up her ass in Texas, I emailed her yesterday about the timesheet procedure, just to get the ball rolling.  Glad I did, she said I would have to call my hours in on Friday.  I better not get her voice mail, cause it always cuts me off.

Its been a very exhausting 2 days, with things to do each day after work, that and all of the wind howling here made it tough to get around.  Its finally calmed down, but they are calling for snow today, only 4 inches, but everyone is freaking out, lol.  I have my Liberty, and I will get around OK.

Wish I could write more and respond to each of you individually, but I am running late to work.  Betty, I am thinking of you and your father, NY I am hoping you've had your baby and are feeling some relief, Drag I am jealous you get to celebrate holidays so early in the month when I still have to wait, Cristy I hope you're OK with your son being let out now.

Oh, and my neighbor next door informed me his Chevy Impala was stolen from his parking spot right next to mine on Monday night.  Shit like that just doesn't happen around here, but....he got the car back, found some juvies with it at the local Walmart, found drugs in the car.  Fry their little asses, I say.

Iceman and I have seen each other every day since Thursday.  I'll go to his place tonight if I'm not exhausted.  I worry about getting to work late tomorrow, with his place 20 miles down the road.....

~ Cindy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2007, 06:52:26 am »
Good morning ladies:

Oh Queenie, I am sorry about things with Rico.  I was hoping things would work out.  But you know best.   And no, I can't make special brownies.  Like I said before though, even when I was using drugs, I quit smoking pot a long time ago because of it making me so paranoid.  When my mum was in her last days I did, however, threaten to make her some of those brownies. :D 

Cin, I'm glad you checked in.  That's nice that you helped that girl with the test.  Just don't take on too much at once with the new job, Iceman etc.  I know you know how to take care of yourself, though. 

I wonder if NY has had her little boy yet.  I'll be anxiously waiting to hear from her. 

We got snow here, and are supposed to be getting it all day.  Oh well, I only have to go to class tonight.  I might go to Kroger's and get a couple bags of that rock salt and put some down around here so the mailman doesn't break his neck. :o  Things can get kind of slippery. I'll probably put the other one in the trunk for extra weight, since my car is rear-wheel drive.  I brought the snow shovel up from down the basement, and might have to use that before the day is over.  It's supposed to snow on and off all week.  *sings It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas*        I hope you ladies have a good day and to those of us in the North, stay safe!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2007, 10:00:37 am »
Yep, the snow is falling here too. I'd say we got a few inches and it is here to stay. I gotta go to the pharmacy and pick up my Atripla today. I hate not having any transportation but the pharmacy is only around the corner. Since the snow is here and it looks like it is going to get worse before it gets better, I think it's better I not drive anyway.....

I am still numb in regards to Rico. I am sure it will wear off after awhile. I just don't get men. They say they want a good woman but when there is one right in front of them......In his case, he'd rather be with someone who has dogged him in the past and has another man. Go figure...But that's just my luck, I never seem to have a good track record with men. Back to the drawing board, I guess. This time I will be accepting applications from poz men only. It'll just make things a whole lot easier....*sighs*....

It's good to hear from you, Cindy. Are you liking the training so far? Kind of sounds like you are bored already and can't wait to move on. I think it was nice of you to help the girl out too. Take it easy and be careful out there in this weather going back and forth.

I wonder if NY had her boy yet too. I hope she isn't having a long labor. I guess we will just have to wait til she comes home. Prolly be this weekend.

I think I am going back to bed for a few more hours. I don't know what's up with me getting up at such ungodly hours. I guess I just got stuff on my mind. Talk with you ladies later on....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2007, 02:07:30 pm »
HEy ladies, Just checking in..2 more days till im 31...hmmph..GOd is good...Nothing going on here with me..just hating the cold weather , working and coming home to get in the bed (after feeding the kids of course)..I HATE WINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...BF is goin thru stuff with his baby mama, so he is a lil distracted..i try to mind mines when it comes to that cus i am a baby mom too so i understand....man Queen i could use some Tequila and a Corona right about now...how far are u from trenton?..lmao,,Peace everyone...ill be on tomorrow... ::)
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2007, 02:39:47 pm »
Wishful, Girl, I got a gallon of Jose Cuervo and about 14 Coronas left. The tequila isn't even half way gone yet. I can hang on to stuff like that for awhile because no one comes to visit that often and I don't drink that often. Not the hard stuff anyway. I have knocked off the small bottle of Arbor Mist Sangria on Sunday and cracked open the bigger bottle yesterday. I had about 2 glasses then. That's a bit of drinking for me so I will prolly chill now and not touch anything til closer to New Years Eve. It is also my roomie's birthday....

I finally got my World of Warcraft to download so I will probably lose myself in that for a few hours. I still have to go pick up my Atripla which I am putting off because I know it is cold as hell out there. When I finally go do that then I will just come back in and chill for the rest of the night. And try not to think about Rico which will be hard because this is usually one of the nights he comes over and stays the night. *sighs*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2007, 06:30:27 pm »
Hi Queen~

I'm sorry about the crap with Rico.  I apologize for not saying anything in my previous post, but I hadn't read your blog yet, I was running late to work  ;D  Are you sure about everything that's going on?  I know you are close with your friend, but from what you posted in your blog, it sounds like you never spoke to Rico directly, even if it was to get the truth from him and then ream his ass out.  Just want to make sure you aren't jumping to conclusions just bec of what your friend passed along to you.

It snowed 4 inches here today, more than anywhere else in the DC Metro area.  I didn't go to Iceman's tonight, I am too exhausted and didn't want to be out on the road with the morons who can't respect other drivers.

Cheech is SO happy to see the snow!  He leaps around in it, does a vertical jump and bucks like a bronco, he is nuts!  He loves the cold weather and so do I!

Iceman is going to get me some rock-bottom prices on Yokohama tires for the Liberty and he said he would even put them on my Jeep himself on a Saturday.  He just keeps getting better every time I talk to him!  He is a real sweetheart.

My mother pissed me off Monday night.  It was a rough evening, after my first day at work, and it also would've been my little Casie's 15th birthday, so this was the first "birthday" that she wasn't here for ever since I got her in June '93.  Anyway, Mom says that Dad said he is "tired of meeting all of my BFs...."   >:(  What?!?!?  Dad has a very good head on his shoulders, while Mom is a nut, sitting home, conjuring shit up in her spare time and passing it along the family grapevine.  We take her words with a grain of salt, but still what she said about Dad hurt.  #1) because it was Mom's idea for she and Dad to meet Iceman soon, #2) because she prob twisted Dad's words before relaying them to me, #3) because it seems that one or both of them has/have little faith in my choice of men, and lastly #4) um, they have only met 4 guys that I have dated, say it with me, "FOUR" since David died in 1996.  "Yeah, that's a lot of BFs, people."  Gimme a break.  I have a good mind to cancel the "Meeting the Rents" rendez-vous for 12/15 just cause my mother has pissed me off, its a busy time of year and I have only known Iceman 6 weeks myself, so why do they need to meet him so soon?  Cause Mom WANTS to.  She can be so fucking nosey.  I have a good mind to cancel, I tell you, just because I CAN.  Hmph!   :D

OK, done venting, time to go get dinner and shower tonight, so I'm not late to work tomorrow.  Everyone stay warm, and lock your doors!

More soon, I miss you all, GFs.  Bear with me as I transition back into the working world and get my schedule straight.

Wishful, Happy Birthday to you for Friday, is it Pearl Harbor Day on Friday, or is that on 12/6?

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 06:33:51 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2007, 10:11:00 pm »
Cindy...I can't see my friend making it up that he has been to her house begging her sister to get back with him especially since she is the one who hooked us up. I also gave my friend's bf the 3rd degree about the situation when he came over. His take on it is that Rico really likes me but being a man he can't stand to see his ex with someone else.... Then I find out him and the ex has been divorce for 4 years so that tells me he has been trying to get back with her since then. What I do know from Rico is that he likes me that much is obvious but his actions show me otherwise. Why should I have to wait on him to get over his ex? And he sure as hell can't love us both. I haven't heard anything from him today but I wasn't sitting by my phone waiting on him to call either. My friend asked me if I heard from him since she hasn't and I told her no. I can only be so understanding....And what about my feelings? It seems like he is not even considering mine in all this....Oh well....

If I was you, I wouldn't even take Iceman to meet your parents. If they ask why plans have changed then tell your father what your mother said. Of course, we miss hearing from you but understands that you are working again. Keep us posted when you can....

I played World of Warcraft for a few hours. I like it, it's a good game, it will just take me a moment to get use to playing a game w/o a controller... :D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2007, 10:24:15 pm »
Queen~  That does sound messed up about Rico, and its been 4 years since they split?  He needs to wise up and let her go.  Life has been passing him by and now look, he has no one.  Its a shame that you liked him so damn much and that his mind had to be wandering elsewhere, I am so sorry.  Hey, at least you had some good times with him, like I did with Stone, and then when shit got weird, it ended.  Some things weren't meant to be, you know?

As far as Iceman meeting the 'Rents, I am really thinking about cancelling.  Mom said she wanted she and Dad to meet him "first" before the entire family did at Christmas.  I agree with her on that, but who said I was bringing him to my Aunt's for Christmas?  I feel obligated to go to my Aunt's for Christmas because I missed last year, being with Doofus up in that half done log home in the mountains.....I dunno, I don't look forward to get togethers as much since my brother is away fighting the war.

I just may tell Mom that 12/15 doesn't work cause Iceman is putting new tires on my Jeep, and who knows about Christmas.  I want to be with Iceman, my mother is pissing me off, trying to run the show all of the time.  She needs to butt out sometimes.  I'm a big girl, I can do what I want.  But I am torn, still.......Crap.

~ Cindy

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2007, 04:56:34 am »
Hola chikas

a very quick one b/c it's 11 and havent started work yet.

Queen, that sucks about Rico... it's so complicated. I would be quietly licking my wounds too. i don't like competition. i really feel for you.

but, i didn't know he is 31, that's a big age gap. you need someone mature whose done with the bs.

my wrist hurts so much, can hardly type this. will try later
hugs

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2007, 07:15:14 am »
Good morning ladies:

Queen, kick that boy to the curb.  I wouldn't be with someone who wasn't over their ex- either.  I'm really sorry that it didn't work out.  But I'm glad you found out now instead of later. 

Cin, I wouldn't take him to meet your parents on the 15th either.  Your mom sounds like a real fruitcake.  Maybe you should talk with your father about what she had to say.  And then confront her.  Or maybe you've tried that before and it doesn't make a difference.  I'm really sorry about your bro not being around right now.  You would think that our lame-ass president would not want to keep this damn war up with all the lost lives and the trillions it costs to keep it going.  You must be terribly proud of your brother.  I'll keep him in my prayers. 

Wishful, happy birthday.  Hey, 31 is still young.  Wait 'till you get to be my age (42).  I just noticed this hideous wrinkle I've got by my lips.  I feel like I need botox or whatever it is that people get to reduce the wrinkles.  Of course, I won't be getting it, unless I can convince Medicare that it's medically necessary. :D 

Well, only a couple more classes to go and I'm done for the semester!  I can't believe it.  You know, having classes run for eight weeks makes them a lot tougher than if we had a full 15 week semester, but it also makes them go by a lot quicker!  I can't believe algebra is almost over-*raises the coffee cup in a toast*    I don't know what I'm going to do in my time off.  I was thinking about contacting the ASO here and seeing if they need any volunteers.  That would at least give me something to do.  And I can use it on my resume when I graduate. 

Well, everyone take care and be careful out in the snow!

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2007, 07:58:58 am »
Hello, ladies. Not much going on here. Took Robert to the doctor yesterday but he is fine. Mommy just gets nervous when he is sick. Tried to see my oldest son yesterday but was not willing to hang around the shelter with my baby so we left. I let him have it when he called for making us wait.  And haven't heard back from him yet.  Oh well, we will not go out of our way again.                                                  Queen, sorry about Rico but I think you are making the right decision. I read your blog, love it,  and you did right to make the choice for him.                      The man I was talking to in Maryland had potential but I don't know if it will go anywhere. and the others from  NC message once, then you never hear from them again. Fuck it, I hate feeling like I am chasing someone so I won't.   Oh, well, got work so I will check in later.  Cristy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2007, 09:50:33 pm »
Queen - I havent read your blog but I get the notion that Rico likes you when it is convienient for him. Thats a suck ass position to be in but there are plenty of women who will put up with it thinking they cant do any better or that he reallllllly loves me.
You deserve to be numero uno....

Cindy - I dont think I would subject the Iceman to family drama this soon in the relationship.

I cant recall the lady's name who is expecting the baby but I'm thinking of her and hope she and the baby are well.

Its been a long day of shuffling around the old man I do caretaking for.  He is mentally exhausting but it pays well and I know him real well and have enough patience to deal with him for the most part.  He's like a giant pubescent boy who eats too much, curses too often and cant remember anything important but remembers everything you wish he'd forget. LOL

Wendy

Offline confusedme

• wishing away reality
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2007, 10:17:41 pm »
Hello ladies. I hope everyone has had a great day.

Cindy, I agree with everyone else about meet the parents day. I wouldn't go either, but I am also the girl who NEVER brought a guy home to meet mom and dad.

I myself have had a great day. Part of my great day was a call from my clinic which scared me at first. I thought if they were calling they must have bad news. I was gladly wrong. The called to give me my lab results and while I know they are good results, I am still confused. My CD4 (I think I got that term right) went from 400 to 428. I didn't even know that it was possible for it to increase without medication. My VL went from 6,500 to 9,950 which from all I have read doesn't really matter since I am not on medication but it can't be good. It really bothers me that it went up so much. Do you ladies have any input for the confused newbie so I don't have such mixed emotions?

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2007, 10:29:39 pm »
Hi GFs~

Confused~  Remember with the VL you need to watch the trend with the numbers.  IMO it seems that the jump from 6k to 9k isn't much, BUT, if it keeps going in that direction, you may need to consider meds.  Keep in mind, back in the day when I went on meds they didn't even have VL testing.  All in all, it seems the numbers haven't really changed much from where they were before, so I think you're OK.  I still have to get used to this idea of people putting off going on meds.  Things were different in 1995, your CD4 went below 400 and you went on meds, that was it.  So, I've been on meds since then.

Wendy~  Your post made me laugh, about the guy you care for remembering everything you wish he'd forget, lmao.

Cristy~  Curious as to who you were talking to in Maryland, lol.  I seem to have spoken to most, at least the ones with pictures, and trust me, there's only one good poz guy up here.  We're just friends, he's really cool.  What city does this guy live in?  PM me if you'd like.

BT~  You made me laugh about Mom being a fruitcake!  Thing is, everyone here agrees with me about cancelling the rendez-vous, for the most part.  Mom will bitch when I do that and make everything about her.  I usually give in because its the right thing to do, but I realize I don't even owe my Mom shit when it comes to certain things.  She'll prob get all hostile and defensive and see right through my bullshit with cancelling, but so what.  She started this mess.  All I did was give in and then change my mind.  Pisses me off.  I may even ditch the family for Christmas, and spend it with Iceman.  No one ever calls anyway unless they are being nosey or they need something.  Dad is cool, though, I just hate that he gets caught in between all of the shit with my Mom and his Mom, my grandmother. 

Yeah, it all comes down to a fruitcake, and it ain't me, lmao.

I hope NY is doing OK after her delivery.

Drag~ Sorry to hear that your wrist is hurting so much.  We know you're watching, lol.  Just type a "*" or something, lol, and we'll know you're OK!   ;D

Very tired, so off to bed.  Tomorrow is Friday, TGIF!

Oh and BT, congrats on the dreaded algebra winding down!

Queen~  Hope you're OK, just playing games and chilling.  Take it easy on yourself, gf.

~ Cindy

« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 10:33:14 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2007, 11:59:56 pm »
Today was not a very good day for me. Nope, not at all....I tossed and turned before I eventually went to sleep which was about 5 am. I got the tears out of the way. I was back up by 11 ish and by 12, I was cracking open a Corona. Talked to my one friend who was trying to get me to come over her house but I decided not to since Rico's ex is now staying with her. And that I may run into Rico. She(my friend) called Rico and cussed him out which must've been true because all of a sudden my phone rang....Yep, Rico....More bullshit followed by even more bullshit. But from listening to what he was saying to me, it was if he was trying to keep a lot more under wraps and accusing me of telling my gf things which I didn't. But I also told him that it was obvious to me he was lying to me and the ex....I guess he was telling the ex that he hadn't been intimate with anyone...What?!? But my friend told her sister we were. I didn't know it was suppose to be a secret even though I never told my friend. Then he goes on to say that he can't trust females because he has been hurt so much...But yet I am catching him in multiple lies...... ::) Why is it so hard for men to be honest. Even when you give them the chance to air their dirty laundry.... After all that, it was time for a shot of tequila and to just be done with all. I am not feeling like myself but I am feeling a tad bit better. I am just hurt because after being guarded about my feelings, I open up to someone and all this happens....I am really in a funk about now and am not sure when I will snap out of it....I've tried distracting myself but nothing seems to be working...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2007, 05:26:31 am »

have to take it v eqasy w the typing from now on. work up late not at work yet.

cind, i know ur mum is nuts, but we have one family... give her/them a chance. talk it out w her say u hurt. it would be great if ice & your folks could blend well, after all he might be the one... its ok to be pissed just do whats good for u. i think u have a love hate relationship w your mom i do recall u calling her and being close.

queen, u will get over this. just give it time. i know it hurts.

sorry i have to be short must be really careful from now, i have emg next week hopefully they will scan the wrist too

have a greatweekend all, hugs

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2007, 06:11:52 am »

My CD4 (I think I got that term right) went from 400 to 428. I didn't even know that it was possible for it to increase without medication. My VL went from 6,500 to 9,950 which from all I have read doesn't really matter since I am not on medication but it can't be good. It really bothers me that it went up so much. Do you ladies have any input for the confused newbie so I don't have such mixed emotions?

Hi CM,

That viral load increase is absolutely nothing. And nothing to worry about either. Your viral load is TINY and with numbers like that, you could go for years yet without meds. Really!

I've been positive for ten years now, still not on meds and I can tell you with confidence that your CD4 can go up without meds. Don't be surprised if it goes up and down. You might want to find out what your CD4% is like, because that number is generally more stable. There is a good explanation of what the absolute CD4 and the CD4 percents mean in this Basic. By the way, T-cell is another way of saying CD4.

There is also a good Basic on Viral Load.

In short, relax! Your numbers are great! Fingers crossed they stay that way.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 11:11:08 am by iana5252 »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2007, 06:49:40 am »
Good morning ladies:Confused, what Ann said.  I wouldn't get concerned over those numbers.  How are you doing other than that?

Queen, I'm so sorry you're feeling blue.  But that's to be expected.  Like Drag said, give it time.  Time does seem to heal wounds.  It's still fresh right now.  I don't think I would even answer the phone if it was Rico anymore.  It sounds like he's acting rather childish.  Be glad it didn't get any further than what it did, emotions wise.

Cin, Friday is here.  You know, I know what Drag means when she talks about having only one family.  But you have to do what's best for your peace of mind.  Have you ever confronted your mom about her craziness?  This should be a special Christmas for you with Iceman.  Have you thought about what you will get him yet?
  OH, I am so anxious for NY to post those pictures and details about her new baby boy!  I hope everything went alright.
  Today I'm going to my dad's to do his shopping, what little of it he has.  He gets Meals-On-Wheels, so he hardly has anything for me to get at the store.  He wants me to bring him a carton of cigarettes.  He lives right across the border in Michigan, and you'll recall I live in Indiana.  Well, cigarettes are about $20 cheaper per carton here in Indiana than they are in Michigan.  So I don't blame him for wanting to save some money.  (I'm still smoke-free).  He seems to be doing well emotionally.  My sister in Arizona just e-mailed us kids last night about sending my pop a bouquet of flowers with a candle in the middle for him to put on his table for Christmas.  Now, unless my oldest sister waters them, the flowers will probably die, as my pop surely won't remember to do that. :D    Algebra is officially over for me.  I turned in the final exam last night.  My teacher wants to get together sometime for coffee.  I told her that would be fine.  She's a very nice person and is pretty much the reason we're (the students) going to pass this class, because of her patience and caring.  My other class will have the last session next Wednesday.  Then I'm off for three weeks. 

Oh, Drag, I do hope they find out what's wrong with your wrist and can fix it for you.  Keep your chin up. 

I hope all you ladies have a good day- 

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2007, 08:00:30 am »
I'm still an emotional mess but feeling better than I was yesterday. I spent most of the night talking to my best friend about the situation with Rico because she knows me better than anyone. We've been friends for over 20 years. We talked til 3 am. I went to sleep but as you all can see, I am up again. I can't get a full 8 hours. I feel like I am sleeping in shifts. And to be honest, I can't stop thinking about him which is driving me insane.

I have no plans for the weekend but to sit in my fortress of solitude better known as my bedroom. It's too cold to venture out anywhere. Maybe I'll try some meditation but will definitely be staying away from the tequila... ;D

I hope NY and baby boy are doing ok too. Dragonette, I hope your hand gets better soon. Cindy, forget about the Momma Drama and just do YOU. If you want to spend the holidays alone with Iceman then do it. If your Mom decides to have a fit, so be it, she'll be alright. I feel more for your Dad who will have to endure it all, poor guy. Betty, I love those pics in your avatar. Where do you get them from? I know you are happy algebra is almost over.

I am outta here. Have a good weekend ladies...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2007, 08:53:32 am »
Hello Ladies.   ML, sorry about your mom, mine is similar in that we take most of what she says with a grain of salt. It always has a grain of truth but everything else can be changed at whim or boredom level, not sure which it is.  But we only have one family so try to keep the peace even if it's you doing the bending.       I am well. Got a double today and get paid.  I have only bought one Christmes present and that's my mom's.  I only buy for mom, dad and kids. Everyone else, I make cookies and chocolate candy and chocolate covered pretzels. I like it and can make enough for about 20 people with 20 dollars worth of supplies.                                                                                       I finally heard back from my Maryland friend. I hate when they act all interested, then nothing.  OOOOO, that irritates me.                                                                                     Haven't heard from my oldest since I tore him a new one for having me and Robert in Downtown  Greensboro waiting for him. I cannot stand that area. Dealers and users and scammers everywhere. So I probably will not go back to see him for a while. I have to protect me first.                                                   My brother wants to come back. My mom says no but if they let him, Robert and I will be leaving . I would lose my job but at least I would feel safer. I would go stay with my cousin.                     Hopefully it will not come to that but if it does then I will handle it.      Hope everyone is well.     NY, where are you, lady. Hope everything went well with the birth.                                 Later, Cristy
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 04:01:32 pm by cjc »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2007, 06:46:22 am »
Good morning ladies:

Queen, I usually go to google and just put in "avatars." Usually I get some pretty good sites to choose from.  Again, I'm really sorry about Rico.  But you know, if he's stuck on his ex-, you don't want him.  I wouldn't want to play second to an ex.  I know you're going through a lot right now, but remember, it will pass. 

Cristy, so if your brother comes back you and Robert will be moving?  Well, you need to do what's best for your peace of mind.  I'm sure you would be able to find another job with your waitressing experience. 

Cin, how are you girl?  NY, are you home from the hospital yet with your new baby?  Oooh, I can hardly wait to see pics! 

Tonight is The Nutcracker I'm taking my granddaughter to go see.  I'm actually kind of excited.  It should be a whole new experience.  Yesterday I went to my pop's and did a little shopping for him and picked up lunch at Wendy's for us and visited with him.   He told me it just doesn't seem quite like Christmas with my mum being gone. :'( :'(  I told him I know.  I really do miss her.  I know I'm repeating myself, but I can't help it.  I was watching Jeopardy last night and thinking about all the times my mum and I used to play that together, even if it was just over the phone.   

Other than that, not much going on here.  I hope you ladies have a nice day-

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2007, 08:15:18 am »
Hi GFs~

I've been up since 730am on a Saturday!  wtf?!?!?  lol  I am tired and need breakfast, I will post tonight.   :D

~ Cindy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2007, 10:46:09 am »
Hello ladies! Well I made through parent conference week...woo hoo! It is so stressful fitting everyone in and meeting with 32 sets of parents. Unfortunately not every meeting is 100% positive and some parents just find it difficult to believe that their child is not perfect.... :) Most of them went very well though so I am happy.

On a different note, I had my first experience informing a doctor about my status and it really made me nervous. I had been having a problem with my toe, some kind of infection, and I went into a podiatrist. Of course on the paperwork they ask about any medical conditions. I was worried about what the doctor would think but it went just fine. She was really great and ask how I contracted it and she told me about how her aunt contracted it through a blood transfusion and a colleague through a needle stick. We had a discussion how it totally changes your outlook. So long story short, it was a good experience. As for my toe...I had an infected ingrown toenail, thanks to the nail shops where I get pedicures. So now I am hobbling around on my boo boo toe :)

In the past I had mentioned about my ex (the who gave me HIV) had been trying to get back into my life and how I did not know how to handle it. Well I finally let him know how I was feeling. We had been communicating via email for many months. Just so you know this "relationship" had been off and on for 12 years. Although now he has multiple children w/multiple women...yeah I know what a winner. There is a lot more to get into but I'll save all you from the boredom :) I let him know that he is not a good person and has never taken responsibility for anything. I told him that I need to take responsibility too for putting myself out there again and again. There was a lot more other stuff but the point is that I feel REALLY good about it. For the first time I feel like I have closed a chapter in my life and don't have mixed emotions about it. I feel like a weight has been lifted.

OK...enough about me...it sounds like everyone is staying busy and doing well.
     Cindy: How is the job? Do you like it?
     Queen: That sucks about Rico. I am sorry. Hang in there!
     Betty: Enjoy the Nutcracker. I have never seen but read the story
     Draggonette: What is exactly wrong with your wrist? Is it carpal tunnel syndrome?
     Confused: Nice count!
     NY: Enjoy that baby!
If there is anyone else I forgot....Have a great day!

Talk to you later ladies!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2007, 11:48:45 am »
Good Morning My Ladies in Waiting----

I am just sitting here watching cartoons. Yep, I am still a kid when it comes to toons. I am little pissed with Time Warner because this damn dvr box has a mind of it's own. It seems to record my shows when it feels good and damn ready.... >:( It messed up my recording of wrestling last night then around 1 am it decided it didn't want to me to look at anything but some boring ass channels. I give them a call and they reboot my dvr from their office and still nothing. This truly disturbs me since I am one of their customers who has ALL of their freaking services. Now I have to wait 5 days for a techician to come out. Her consulation to me, I can disconnect the cable wire from the dvr and hook it to my tv and view channels 2-99 which is basic cable. What? But I am paying for their digital package which includes movie channels.......HELLO?

Last night, guess who I get a call from? Yep, Rico. Sounding very depressed I might add, not that I was happy to hear him sound that way. The conversation was casual. The usual questions: Him: What are you doing? Me: (trying to sound nonchalant): Nothing just chilling, watching tv...Him: I miss you and I have been thinking *pause*... I just don't want to get hurt again....*pause*... Can I come see you tomorrow?.... Me: *pause* I suppose so, I'll be here...Him: *sounding more pitiful* Ok, well I need to go to bed but I'll be over...Me: Ok, bye....*click* Yeah, I know what you ladies are thinking. I just want to hear what he has to say. I am still feeling hurt so he will have to deal with my attitude...

I am waiting on my roomie to get up so we can go do laundry. We should've been got it done but with it snowing like it had been neither one of us wanted to go anywhere. I am still coughing but I think it is coming to an end. I am coughing up a lot of stuff. I may have to go to primary doctor appointment after all. I think it is affecting my hearing as well. It seems like my right is clogged which makes it even more difficult to hear even with my hearing aid in. I also think it is draining. I need to see my Ear doctor but he is just too far out to get to w/o a car.

Have fun Betty with your grand daughter at the Nutcracker. Cindy, we await your post with baited breath. It's been quiet in here lately. Dragonette, Betty, and a few others have been trying to keep this thread going. I sure hope the next installment doesn't go into a rut. Someone needs to step up for naming the next one. Who will it be? Someone jump in there when it's time. I hope NY and baby boy are ok and I am just as excited as you, Betty. Dragonette, When is something going to be done with your hand? I hate to address you because I know it pains you to write.

That is it for me. I'll keep you all posted...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2007, 08:17:04 pm »
I was out shopping all day with my parents, saw my Gram and Aunt, too, which was nice.  Gram and Aunt saw Iceman's pic and had nothing but compliments, of course Mom had to put him down.  No one listened to her, lol.  :D  I am so wiped out from traffic and being on my feet all day.  My official "catch up" post will have to wait, so sorry.

Hang in there, Queen.

~ Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2007, 09:16:06 pm »
Nothing much to report, just checking in. Rico didn't show up but he called saying he was sick. Whatever, it wasn't like I was holding my breath for him to come anyway. So, I was not disappointed at all. I'm glad he didn't come because I am tired from doing laundry. And I just want to chill. At the moment, I am watching Gladiator, one of my fave movies but it also reminds me of my Dad. It was his fave too so every time it is on, I make sure I watch it. I need to buy the dvd. The dvr is still acting hinky. I had to reboot it, now the movie channels play but the basic cable channels are skipping...Grrrrrrr.... >:(

With the exception of NY, Dragonette, and Betty, I pretty much feel like I am talking to myself in this thread. The scary thing is I seem to be answering myself too.... :D Don't give up the ship yet ladies, check in some time. You know who you are so I don't have to name names. Honestly, it seems like the whole forum is moving kinda slow. But then I have to remember just because I don't have a life, you guys do.... :D I guess I'll go do some blogging... :-*
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2007, 10:48:43 pm »
Good evening ladies:

Well, I just got home from dropping my granddaughter off.  The Nutcracker was fabulous!  The dancers were all right on the mark.  I really had a good time.  After it was over, we went to this place in downtown South Bend called "The Chocolate Cafe." (South Bend has The South Bend Chocolate Company, hence the offshoot-the cafe).  It was packed!  There was no where to sit, people were waiting just to order, it was madness.  So I got a double chocolate coffee, my granddaughter got a dark hot chocolate, and I got us each chocolate covered marshmallows.  OMG, they are so good!  Yeah, I know, I'm diabetic.  Oh well, gotta live once in awhile. 

Oh, I also got my numbers today in the mail.  CD4 380 (down from 600); viral load 214,000.  I will probably see the doctor next week instead of waiting until January.  I have a cold sore that's been there for two months and won't respond to the usual over-the-counter treatment and I also have a rash on my feet.  No, I didn't change laundry detergent and it doesn't itch.  Strange thing.  The cold sore I'll probably need Zostrix to clear up.  I had one in the past that was like this and that was the only thing that cleared it.  So, I'm going to bed pretty soon.  Now I know why I've been so tired lately.  I'm sure things will get better.

Yes, Queen, hardly anyone is checking in anymore.  Maybe the time of year, I don't know.  It seems like people were checking in pretty regular a while ago, but not now.  Oh well, we have to prevail.  Talk to you ladies later-

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.