Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:23:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 244
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: oral in mozambique  (Read 11776 times)

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
oral in mozambique
« on: October 30, 2008, 04:16:02 pm »
Hi everybody , sorry, again one of those questions about oral, 9month ago I had unprotected oral(insertive) around 15minutes with CSW in Mozambique while I was on a holiday, after that,  like two hours post exposure ,I   noticed some cuts on my penis , what are the chances of me contracting HIV,I am uncircumcised, and while she was performing she would  spit every two minutes, maybe by that spiting  she also pulled some blood  from her mouth, and come into contact with the  cuts. What  are the chances of contracting HIV through this exposure , this was my first time and never again  to do  something stupid like this. It is bugging me for past 5 months,  I have never been tested , and scared to do so after browsing the internet, sorry for my English , not my first language,    please help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: oral in mozambique
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 04:42:55 pm »
It doesn't matter what details you throw into the mix about receiving oral. In the entire history of the epidemic no guy has ever been confirmed to have become infected by getting a blowjob. It's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first. There was no risk for HIV no matter happened.

Just make sure to always wear a condom when you have vaginal or anal intercourse and you will be well covered both literally and figuratively as far as HIV risk sexually is concerned. You are worrying needlessly this time.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 05:06:50 pm »
Thanks  Mr. Andy for your reply , but the prevalence of Hiv positive in Mozambique is like 30% of the population is infected with Hiv/2 , does that changes anything, do I need to be tested due to this occurrence . Very scared to get tested, the anxiety about this issue is killing me

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 04:58:45 am »
Talk,

It doesn't matter whether we're talking about hiv1 or hiv2, saliva is not infectious. Not only is it not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk of being infected with hiv1 OR hiv2. NO RISK.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv (both 1 and 2) infection. It really is that simple. Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2008, 02:09:45 pm »
Thanks Ann, Andy  for your reply, it seems that I am just beating around the bush at the moment , but do you think that I should get tested  due to this exposure? Very scared to get tested in the  clinic anyway, . This was my first and only unprotected  exposure ever,  ever

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2008, 03:24:44 pm »
You were absolutely not at any risk whatsover as both Ann and I have told you.

And NO!, you do not need to get tested.

How many different ways can we tell you that getting a blowjob absolutely did not put you at risk for HIV!!!!????

READ MY WORDS: NO RISK NO RISK NO RISK! NO NEED FOR TESTING!
Andy Velez

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 12:01:38 pm »
Thank you  guys for you advice, keep the good work, all the best
regards TALKTOME

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2008, 10:00:55 am »
Hi guys , just reassurance, i hope you will understand what i am passing through right now
Just to confirm again , the saliva Is not infectious, it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect. What kind of enzymes are those , can they inactivate hiv  blood from , let say,  the bleeding  gums or some other cuts in the mouth  of the infected Pearson. In my case I am  uncircumcised  , had some cuts on my penis, and if blood mixed with saliva come into contact inside my foreskin or cuts , can transmission occur. I was only engaged for 15 minutes , and CSW was pretty rough with my thing, spitting every 5 minutes, maybe she pulled some blood from her gums, it was dark I didn’t  see much , very raw and painful after that encounter . Sorry  if I am beating the dead horse again,i thought that i put this all behind, just to reassure myself again after yours encouraged explanation ,now almost 10 month after that , for the past week I am very seek , have high temperature, some rash back of my throat, red achy  spots all over my body, can’t get rid of them. My exposure was only that what I mentioned above, never did something like that before , and I will never do .I am coming from Europe and I am on work contract here, nobody to talk with about this issues and health care here are quite challenging ,  I hope that I am not the first one…I forgot to mention that 5 month after that encounter I had very high fever(41C) for 3 days, then splitting headache for another  week or so, I hope that was not seroconversion or some mysterious sickness here in Mozambique. Sorry English is not my firs language, 
Thanks in advance

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 10:14:58 am »
It doesn't matter what details you throw into the mix. You didn't do anything which put you at risk for HIV. You need to discuss your symptoms with a doctor if they continue. Based on what you have reported of your activities they have nothing to do with HIV. Period. End of story.

So no matter how much your mind keeps telling you otherwise this is absolutely not an HIV situation.

Really.
Andy Velez

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
Re: oral in mozambique, iwiil understand if you don't reply
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 11:31:29 am »
Thanx   Andy , Ann  for you reply, i wouldn't like to bother you much more ,I hope you are not going to  get irritated by me( its him again with the same story), but just to clarify something, i am looking for some insight
When you say that Saliva is not infectious(in questions and answers about hiv). Saliva has a dozen protein and enzymes that inhibit HIV transmission. What about if the person who performs oral sex has a bleeding gums, can saliva in this situation restrain hiv transmission, to tear or cut under foreskin?
This is the fastest responding site on the net, and if you guys don’t reply  I will understand,
Take care

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 12:28:22 pm »
Once again I will tell you that it doesn't matter what additional details you throw into the mixed. So read this cearefully. Getting oral is one of the most common sexual acts. In the entire history of the epidemics, including to guys with nicks and sores on their penises, circumcised and not, there has never been even one  confirmed case of transmission in that manner.

Guys do seem to worry more when they have been with a sex worker. Sometimes it's shame about going to a pro, sometimes it's because they have been straying from a relationship. At the end of the day it doesn't matter what else is involved emotionally. Getting a blowjob is absolutely NOT a risk for HIV transmission. Period. End of story.

Give it up and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 12:14:28 am »
Hi to all,merry Christmas and happy holidays. I am here back again because i don't know what to do next,i have the temperature and burning throat for past two month,never mind how much i would like to forget that incident and as i am telling to my self it was low low risk exposure according you guys,but this thing simply is not going away. Since that time i have never been engaged in new relationship,no any sexual contacts(i have no reason to lie),and i have tried every possible antibiotic available off counter(amoxcillin,erythromicin,azitromycin,tetracycline,some remedies,nothing,simply no improvements). I know that nobody can diagnose somebody over the internet,and that you guys are assessing the situation not the symptoms,and that i need to go and see the doctor for this, but that means testing,and there i have a problem,scared to do so... Sorry to be a pest but do you guys think that this temp. and burning throat(almost two months) has something to do with hiv and my exposure. On the net they say that every burning  sore throat,more than two weeks,is probably related to some more serious illnesses like cancer or hiv. I am more concerned about second one. I was never sick like this before. Thanks in advance

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 12:18:23 am »
Your symptoms are not an HIV concern. See your doctor for your symptoms.

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 09:26:14 am »
Thanx for taking time to reply,but if something lasts for almost two month,it must be something wrong with my immune system,have anybody here had similar symptoms one year after receiving pretty hard bj.(burning throat,temperature for almost 2 month) Sorry ,just trying to see what can i do next. Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 09:35:07 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 06:50:24 pm »
Sorry if i overdid it,but this was like mine 7th question in period of 3months about the same exposure,and already i am going to be timed out,but as i said,these symptoms are not going away even if i want to forget about it. My immune system simply is not responding. I respect what you guys are doing on this forum,definitely takes time and effort to be here every day and deal with somebody Else's problems while you have your own to deal with, but it was just a simple question in a desperate moment. Thanks

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 06:55:29 pm »
Talk,

You've been repeatedly told that getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection. It doesn't matter if you had cuts or if she had cuts or whatever. Not one single person has EVER been infected through getting a blowjob and you certainly are not going to be the first.

If you feel unwell, see a doctor. Hiv is not the only illness in the world. Go to a doctor and find out what, if any, illness is bothering you. We cannot diagnose you here.

And yes, as Rodney said, if you continue to post about this no risk blowjob - and it doesn't matter how much time elapses between your posts - you WILL be timed out. This is your LAST warning.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple. Read through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 06:24:44 am »
Hi guys it’s me again, this time I have developed some sort of rash on the  chest , back  and elbows which are very itchy , I have that for couple of days, and it seems that its spreading to other parts of my body.It looks like Folliculitis. My question is how long takes for the symptoms to appear if someone is infected with HIV?One year, two years? I haven’t had any sexual contacts since then (maybe hard to believe for some) and since now that unprotected exposure was mine only exposure. I haven’t tested yet,   and I don’t know what to do at this point, scared to be tested, and I think that maybe I am infected…… …….Please don' time me out

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 07:26:46 am »
Talk,

There's absolutely NO WAY you would have been infected with hiv through a blowjob. NO WAY.

If you've ever had unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, then you need to test. Otherwise, you're wasting your time as well as ours.

Grow some balls and either put this NO RISK incident behind you, or go test and get it over with. If getting a blowjob is your only concern, you're sure to collect a negative result.

Keep posting over this NO RISK blowjob and you'll get a time out. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 05:45:29 am »
Hi guys, thank you for your support in the past, you made me calm down for several years after that oral sex exposure with cut in Mozambique. I never got tested up to now, newer been with any working girl, I have  found steady girlfriend , and still with her, always with  protection for vaginal and oral , without fail(she also insisted the protection  on the oral part). But three days ago I went to the dentist for routine check up and he found Oral hairy Leukopalkia on the side of my tongue. At first , I didn’t know what that is, nor he wanted to comment a lot on that issue, just that I should get tested , do the blood work and rest. I went on internet and realized that is a lot connected with hiv, and the pictures look very similar to mine. Generally I feel fine , no any sickness at the present. Does any other sickness usually follow  HLO? Getting stressed now, getting crazy, don’t have any one to talk to. I will make an appointment with GP. Do you think that can be sign of hiv?
Regards

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2013, 06:52:35 am »
Talk,

Getting a blowjob is still not a risk for hiv infection. Nothing has changed.

Provided you have not ever participated in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse with anyone (you don't have to be a sex worker to be a woman living with hiv), then you are sure to test negative.

Regarding OHL, unless your dentist took a biopsy to confirm his diagnosis, then he's just guessing. You do NOT have to be hiv positive to have OHL. It's common amongst smokers, for example.

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv transmission. If you don't believe it, go test, collect your negative results, and move on with your life.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2013, 11:26:54 am »
Thank you for the reply, I appreciate you word of encouragement  …Never engaged in sexual contact without protection after that incident, because I know what I have passed through mentally, but I thought that was behind me…..today afternoon I went to the GUM clinic, they don’t do the testing’s in afternoons, only in mornings, but when I have showed them the marks on the lateral part of the  tongue,  and explained the oral sex encounter they said , I was in high risk , because if she had the mouth ulcers or oral thrush in her mouth , and my cut ,the chance of transmission  was possible and they treat that like high risk situation. They told me that they have seen this before and that is very likely one of the early symptoms of HIV . As I have said before it was dark and I haven’t seen her mouth properly. Getting totally confused and in panic right now……
Reagards

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2013, 12:10:47 pm »
Did they tell you that thrush is not HIV specific and that saliva contains over a dozen enzymes and proteins that inhibits HIV transmission?

Offline TALKTOME

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 12:35:34 pm »
Hi, thanks for the reply…the dentist diagnosed me with hairy leukoplakia, not with oral thrush...yes they assumed that she was hiv positive, and if she had oral thrush or mouth ulcers,and my cut.... the transmission becomes high risk situation.
Regards

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2013, 01:02:45 pm »
Apparently your dentist is not educated in HIV and probably knows even less than you.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.