Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:34:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 336
Total: 336

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Things fall apart  (Read 5163 times)

Offline 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
Things fall apart
« on: April 10, 2010, 04:15:02 pm »
It has been one thing after the other in my world.  If i am not dealing with family issues its work issues, if its not work and family its health. I do come to a point whereby i just want to lock myself inside my room and just cry but i realise after crying nothing will have changed.  Life has become a challenge and it seems like its a routine or something i have to put up with everyday.

I recently lost a really close relative of mine, she is someone i used to depend on for anything.  She went with me for my initial test, comforted me when I was low and she actually went with me for every hospital test i have been too and was never judgemental with me.  It feels like i have lost a part of me and its something i never expected.  She wasn't ill, it was sudden death which no one could explain.  I am finding it so difficult to move on with my own life, I miss her so much and i am loosing the courage to carry on.  My life is falling apart and each day is proving to be a struggle without her.  I have no one to confide in and she was the only person i could pick up the phone and vent my life frustrations any time.

I really don't know where to start to pick myself up, nothing really excites me about life and i just feel as if its just a daring adventure.  I feel so lost

Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Things fall apart
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 06:32:14 pm »
27, I'm so sorry for everything you're going through.  My mom died 3 years ago, and I felt the same way you do-lost, totally.  I talked to her 4-5 x a day; when I wasn't in school, we'd play Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy over the phone.  When I was at my lowest, she stood by me.  So, I definitely know how you feel.  Though she had lung cancer, so death was inevitable, it still hurt like hell.  But, things get better over time, that I can promise you.  Grief is a funny thing, people handle it differently.  I would suggest that if you're still feeling like locking yourself in your room and giving up, you need to get ahold of a good therapist.  Your ID doc may know one, or the nearest Aids Service Organization should be able to point you in the right direction.  Please do something for yourself, and get some help.  You're worth it, and you'll find it really helps.  Stay in touch, please, and let us know how you're doing.
  Luv,
Betty

{{27}} (a cyber hug)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline netta

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 09:16:22 pm »
I am so sorry for your lose. You are allowed to grieve and feel this way, because this is part of life. Take time to be good to yourself and nurture yourself. take things slow, one day at a time, time heals all wounds. Pray to god and ask for strength, talk to him, he is always listening. Surround yourself with positive things. remember we are here for you. :-*
"to thine own self be true"

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 11:33:42 am »
Hi 27

The advice Betty has offered you is good. Given what a powerful impact this person made on you, maybe some day, when you're ready, you can do the same for someone---passing along that non-judgemental attitude in the world of HIV is powerful therapy. You know it firsthand.  I assure you there's someone out there or in here who will benefit from what you've learned.

Em

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 12:52:59 pm »
Hi 27. You have my condolences on the loss of your friend. I know how it is to lose someone. My mother just passed last year. And I definitely know how it feels to be overwhelmed which sounds like what you are going through. Try to deal with things one thing at a time, one day at a time. That is what helps me when I get to feeling that way. And as Betty mentioned getting some professional help. I hope things will work out for you, keep us posted and Good Luck.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.