Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:34:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 235
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I Will Not Be Attending Montreal Gathering  (Read 4292 times)

Offline richfinsm

• Be better to one another
I Will Not Be Attending Montreal Gathering
« on: July 14, 2006, 12:04:19 pm »
I guess it is too little too late for me.  You ALL have a great time!!!  I still have a plane ticket.  Stranger things have been known to happen---like Thorazine (an OLD anti-psychotic--LOL) :D  Kidding!!  I am taking my life ONE DAY AT A TIME.  That is the BEST I can do right now.  I need healing in so many areas of my life.  I only hope that the ones I have hurt can find it in their Spirits to forgive me.  I truly do not know what is wrong with me.  I just feel LOST.

That 'crazy' guy in MO
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 05:50:04 am by richfinsm »
Positive since 1/85.  Tested positive with full-blown AIDS 5/93.

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Re: I Will Not Be Attending Montreal Gathering
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 12:25:59 pm »
Rich....  I'm sorry you feel that way.  I've made many mistakes in my life and I'm sure I'll make many more before it's all said and done.  But whether or not you chose to go to Montreal has nothing to do with me.  I'm not entirely sure why you DISLIKE me so much but it was your dishonesty and your indiscretion that created the problem between you and Robert.  Posting things on an open forum...one would hardly expect PRIVACY.  I encourage you to seek counseling .... and believe it or not, I wish you the best.
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 09:33:58 pm »
I am so sorry you feel that way...

My advice, even though you did not ask for it, is to face him and try to be friends.
I have had bad breakups in my day and I always found it was easier to just act normal and be cordial to the person who might have broken your heart.

It is hard at first, but it gets really easy!

Jeff

Offline Sdgirl

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 12:11:17 am »
This is SO not the place to air your dirty relationship laundry.  Especially when both of you are members of the Forums.  It is my humble opinion that when you play with fire, you are bound to get burned.  You know, two consenting adults, yadda, yadda, yadda...........

It is my hope that when you re-read your original thread you feel some remorse. 

I mean come on, we have all had our hearts broken, but I can guarantee that none of us have taken out a full page color ad in the local newspaper to publicly humiliate that person...........which is what I consider your post to be.

I'm just sayin'

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.  Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.  It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.  We ask ourselves.."Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?  Actually, who are you not to be?"

Offline joemutt

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 02:30:11 am »
I pity you Rich, for your suffering and for your need to cause pain to other AMmembers by taking this to a public forum. Still I think cutting of yourself from the AM and AMG will isolate you further and make you suffer more.
Get help and be well.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 02:36:57 am by joemutt »

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 02:41:53 am »
i don't know the situation or the real story nor do i care to.  What i do see here is hurt.

Let's let this private situation remain private and not comment on it further for both of them.

I encourage people to make supportive messages to both in this time, but lets not drag this into the forum because it has no place here.   Yes there will be residual pain, and we can help with that, but we do not need to know or want to know the details.  since they are both members it seems unfair to make people pick sides and I don't like that, but it happens.  people will. 

I hope you are both welcome here in the future and please don't leave because of someone else.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 08:39:43 am »
Dear Rich and All,

There is already a thread about this in the Montreal section. For those who want to they can follow it or respond there. I'm going to lock this one.

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.