Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:07:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 195
Total: 196

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Complera and Immune System  (Read 2368 times)

Offline Torytime

Complera and Immune System
« on: September 21, 2012, 09:40:41 pm »
I'm trying to do some thinking and research about my health. For starters I have this frustrating problem that started this year, basically when I get sick I get sick for 3-4 weeks at a time. In fact I just got over a 3.5 week flu and 3 days later I get something different that gives me body aches, dry cough and makes me run a temp. Im one week into this already and Im fed up. I dont want to have to deal with this for another 3 weeks or so.
So I'm trying to figure out why my body is struggling to fight off colds. My history is that ive been HIV positive for 2.75 years, and when i was diagnosed i was at 196 T cell count and 14,400 Viral count. I was put on a regime immediately of truvada, prezista and norvair which quickly wiped out the viral rating and I have been undetectable since then. Fast forward to the beginning of this year I talked to my doctor about switching medications because I was getting tired of having the side effects of that regime, so i asked about new medication, and I was offered complera. Complera works out very well for me, i dont have any noticeable side effects. My tcell count dropped miserably in march because of high stress from work school and home and being sick for that entire month too but switching jobs and graduating college i reduced my stress loads by alot. My most recent lab from the summer came in at 350 Tcell count and undetectable. Thats the highest my tcell count has ever been since hiv and i dont think 350 is that bad. So i guess I'm confused why I'm struggling this year to stay healthy when last year i had worse tcell counts but would only get sick for a few days.
Other good info, i am 155 lbs and healthy, i do occassionally workout but i could go more, and I dont eat very much fast food and I'm making better choices about what and how much i eat.
So i'm open to questions but I'm trying to figure out the culprit here. The only thing i can point to is my change to complera this year. Does anyone have any suggestions? or idea if complera is the culprit?

Offline Torchwood

Re: Complera and Immune System
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 11:59:59 pm »
Have you had a full blood panel done including vitamins and hormones? When I started on the hormone and vitamin therapy, it helped me massively.
Discovered 4/2006
VL: 1600
CD4: 1005
Started Complera 10/2011
VL: 48,500
CD4: 570
1/17/12
VL: Undetectable
CD4: 890
4/12
CD4: 895
11/12
CD4: 1193
4/12
CD4: 1461
11/13
CD4: 1273
5/14
CD4: 1788
11/14
CD4: 1532
5/30/15
CD4: 1313
VL: HIV-1 RNA Detected: < 40 copies/mL of plasma.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.