Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:19:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 623
Total: 623

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just Started ATRIPLA today, WITHOUT my doctor in town  (Read 5062 times)

Offline madison1769

• The HIV Life
Just Started ATRIPLA today, WITHOUT my doctor in town
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:07:29 pm »
Just started taking Atripla. Ive read a ton of info from the makers and reviewed all my medicine taking skills and even made a binder complete with all my atripla info as well as a Advance Health Care Directive and Power of Attorney. i even have a card taped to my insurance card in my wallet with all my medical information. Ready to Go you might say.

Now I've just emailed my doc as per her request the morning after i take my first dose and i get an auto reply saying she is out of the office, in Ireland, until Oct. 10. GRRR we discussed this date in advance. I started my meds. SHOULD I BE CONCERNED? I Haven't felt anything yet but a little drunk feeling when i woke up. I'm continuing without my doctor being available, should i know anything else?

thanks

Lucas
New to board. Just started Atripla on Oct 2, 2006.

Test Date   Viral Load   CD4 count
5/18/2005   63,737      460
8/9/2005   56,456            451
11/28/2005   20,000           372
2/7/2006   37,651           333
3/7/2006   49,787       372
5/9/2006   89,713      334
8/21/2006   27,457          337

Currently taking the following prescriptions:
Wellbutrin 100mg 2xday morning and night
Temazepam 15mg 1x at night
Atripla 1x at 10pm
Medical Cannabis when i can
Rainbow Light Just Once Multivitamin 1xday morning
NicoDerm CQ Patch

Offline Teresa

Re: Just Started ATRIPLA today, WITHOUT my doctor in town
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 03:29:39 pm »
HI Lucas,

Welcome to the forums!

It sounds like you have got everything covered. I'm sure you will do fine taking your med like your suppose too. My Hubby is on Atripla and he hasn't had a problem with it. I know there are others here that have so I'm hoping you will be lucky like my hubby.

I'm sure you will do just fine till your Dr gets back.

Again WELCOME!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 04:00:43 pm »
Hey, it's no biggie.  You most likely won't need to see your doctor at all.   

The only real thing to watch for is a rash...  should you have any problems, post here and we'll be glad to help and let you know if it's something to be concerned about and if you need to see a doctor or not.

It seems you've done quite a bit of research on this so have a good idea of what to expect already and the potential side effects.

Many of us have been on or are still on this combo.  Don't stress about the doctor at all.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 04:49:24 pm »
Hello Lucas, it is Eldon.

I wanted to take a moment to extend a warm WELCOME to you here at the forums. Here you will find communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered. We have a great group of people that will listen as well as answer you. There is a lot of information on this site at your disposal.

Please DO come and visit from time-to-time and vent with whatever is on your mind. It is unfortunate that you have tested positive, however it is a good thing that you DO know so that you can take action with your health. As for your meds, please DO take them as prescribed by your Doctor if she is in town or not.

If you haven't already done so, it is recommended that you start a multi-vitamin, drink plenty of fluids, change your eating habits, get some exercise, and get your proper rest. If there is anything you need, please feel free to come and post a question or a topic on the site.

Again, Welcome! and make the BEST of each Day!

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 04:58:00 pm »
Welcome and best of luck.  You should have no problem.  The part about the binder and all the health stuff is a bit disconcerting though.  If I may suggest - don't obsess.  Take the meds and let your body tell you if you have a problem.  I have told my doctor to tell me about side effects only if they are life threatening.  What you don't know about, you probably won't get.  Gradually, I read up on things and breathe a sigh of relief over all the bad side effects I missed out on.  Enjoy the ride - it's the only one you've got.   ;D

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 05:00:08 pm »
My doc told me to take Sustiva on the week end so if there were any side effects I wouldn't be at work. Well my body waited 3 weeks before a rash broke out. Will she be gone long? If so she should have another doc handling her emergency cases.
As for the rash if you live in America buy Aveeno Soothing bath treatment for itchy irritated skin. It will list poison ivy , hives , chicken pox, all the good stuff. I lived in my bath tub 24/7 for 3 days with the Sustiva rash. My doc thought nothing of it and over perscribed antihistamines. Consider it your welcome to the HIV club a baptism by fire!
Good luck
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 05:02:41 pm by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 05:04:52 pm »
Hi Lucas,

whenever you experience something unusual tell us. I am sure you'll get answers and replies before you know it.

Good luck with your pills, and....welcome to the forum!

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 07:20:12 pm »
Hi Lucas!
I am on Sustiva + Truvada=Atripla. The first days I felt heavily drunk. But even the next morning after my firt dose, I was able to go to the gym. I felt driving that morning a bit difficult. But in one week the side effects had gone.
I hope you are just as lucky!
Juan
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Iggy

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 09:43:14 am »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 08:37:35 pm by Iggy »

Offline madison1769

• The HIV Life
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 01:01:47 pm »
Thank you everyone, your messages helped to relive a lot of stress. Well its day two and the drunkenness is less than yesterday. I'm actually disappointed with that. i really enjoyed the drunk stumbles in the morning. but other than that i just have increased energy. hopefully things continue as they are. I'm also on the look out for that crazy rash, but so far nothing.

thank you again, and thank you for making me feel welcome here.

Lucas
New to board. Just started Atripla on Oct 2, 2006.

Test Date   Viral Load   CD4 count
5/18/2005   63,737      460
8/9/2005   56,456            451
11/28/2005   20,000           372
2/7/2006   37,651           333
3/7/2006   49,787       372
5/9/2006   89,713      334
8/21/2006   27,457          337

Currently taking the following prescriptions:
Wellbutrin 100mg 2xday morning and night
Temazepam 15mg 1x at night
Atripla 1x at 10pm
Medical Cannabis when i can
Rainbow Light Just Once Multivitamin 1xday morning
NicoDerm CQ Patch

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 08:18:56 pm »
Hello Lucas,

Welcome!  I am starting Atripla tonight.  I hope I don't feel too drunk in the morning as I have a meeting, but no major stress!  Wishing you the best with your treatment!

Kindest,
Drew

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.