Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:31:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: About window period...  (Read 10593 times)

Ninja1987

About window period...
« on: September 21, 2007, 03:30:34 am »
  Hello, I took the latest hiv test(abbott determine) about 60days after the suspected expourse, and it was negative.
I have been tested about 5times after expourse, --- 3weeks , 5weeks, 7weeks, 8weeks, 60days all negative.
However,  i am really afraid i am the small part of the people who would take the longer time to produce enough antibodies.
I know talking symptoms is really useless at this time but I can't help thinking HIV when i experience the symptoms...(the symptoms have been around me about 2months)
is it accurate to take the test 60days after the expourse... ? and do you have any stastistics about the length of window period ?
by the way , i am an international student studying in canada, can i take the anonymous test in canada (i am not the resident of that country)?
anyway thank you so much for your attention!!!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 03:33:17 am by Ninja1987 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: About window period...
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 04:17:47 am »
Suspected exposure? Perhaps you might like to tell us more about this "suspected exposure".

In the meantime I would direct you to our Welcome Thread which contains links to our Lessons section. The Lessons will explain how HIV is and is not transmitted.

With reference to your request regarding window period statistics, I can tell you that most people who are going to test positive will do so by the six week mark. Also I'm sure that there are clinics in Canada which offer free, confidential testing.

MtD

Ninja1987

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 03:55:11 pm »
Suspected exposure? Perhaps you might like to tell us more about this "suspected exposure".

In the meantime I would direct you to our Welcome Thread which contains links to our Lessons section. The Lessons will explain how HIV is and is not transmitted.

With reference to your request regarding window period statistics, I can tell you that most people who are going to test positive will do so by the six week mark. Also I'm sure that there are clinics in Canada which offer free, confidential testing.

MtD

The situation is...
I had body massage with a sex worker in China, at that time I didn't know she is a sex worker..
then she suggested me to do the massage with oil(i didn't know if it's baby oil or massage oil),
because of curiosity, I accepted. After she did the massage with oil on my back, she put the oil on my penis, and did the hand job for me.
after finished the massage, i discovered that the oil had some liquid with red color.. at that time i just supposed it was blood...
i was afraid some people would put their viral blood into the oil before I had the massage ...
I have two question here
1: can i get infected?
2: can the oil(whatever baby oil and massage oil) kill the HIV virus if they get mixed ?
thank you so much and forgive my poor english!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 04:05:22 pm »
Ninja,

You are hiv negative - you didn't have a risk and you do not need further testing. Even if the red liquid was blood, you were not put at risk.

You ARE hiv negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Ninja1987

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 04:40:31 am »
thank you for your answers
i have one more question is that
what lasts one's window period longer?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 06:38:39 am »
Ninja,

The window period for conclusive hiv testing is three months. However, that window period only applies when there has been an actual risk. You did not have a risk, therefore you do not need to pay attention to the window period for this incident.

As long as the test you took was three months or more after your last incident of unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse, then you ARE conclusively hiv negative.

You did not have a risk for hiv infection.

You do NOT need further testing.

You ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Ninja1987

question of hiv/aids
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 08:21:29 am »
  As far as i am concerned, the status of HIV patients will turn to AIDS if the opportunity infections appear to them, whichs mean the CD4 count turns down to under 200. If they get treatment at this moment then, or their cd4 count rise up above 200 that do not show up any opportunity infections, does it mean that they come back to HIV status but not AIDS condition? Will they become more dangerous than the HIV patients who do not have AIDS symptoms yet because their immune system already get damaged, even their CD4 rise up so significantly or take medicine after the AIDS symptoms disappear?? And if the patients experience the AIDS symptoms, will they have the chance to get a high standard of CD4 count in the future, or just stay under a low amount until ... ... ? Thank you!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 09:20:59 am »
Ninja, first of all I have merged your threads. Please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

As to your latest, I'm finding it difficult to sort it out so I will answer what I understand of it. Once someone has been given a diagnosis of AIDS, it does not revert to being "merely positive" even if their CD4 count rises back to above any particular number or the symptoms of an opportunistic infection disappear.

That kind of diagnosis is less important these days than the overall monitoring of someone's numbers and health in general.

I don't underand what you mean by a term like "will they become more dangerous."

I also can't help wondering if this latest entry on your part is yet another way for you to get around accepting the reality that you are HIV negative.
Andy Velez

Ninja1987

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 05:47:34 am »
 hi sir! first please pardon my poor english!!!
I have read a lot of treatment news in these days. There are many drugs available for the patients now so the problem of this disease does not seem to as horrible as I thought before. I am feeling better for getting more treatment news even though I am negative so far ( i just took a 14weeks antibody test few days before, and now wait for the result)... I have a question about the treatment is that if we ignore drug resistance, can I say that the virus can be controlled by the medicine forever???

thanks for everyone's concern!!
Ninja
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 05:51:43 am by Ninja1987 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 06:16:37 am »
hi sir! first please pardon my poor english!!!
I have read a lot of treatment news in these days. There are many drugs available for the patients now so the problem of this disease does not seem to as horrible as I thought before. I am feeling better for getting more treatment news even though I am negative so far ( i just took a 14weeks antibody test few days before, and now wait for the result)... I have a question about the treatment is that if we ignore drug resistance, can I say that the virus can be controlled by the medicine forever???

thanks for everyone's concern!!
Ninja

Don't let the news and the drugs fool you. It's just as bad now as it was several years ago. It's just that you can live longer with the disease. The drugs are costly and can totally reek havoc on your finances, and your way of living. If you contract HIV, it will change the way of living that you enjoy today.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 06:58:34 am »
Nin,

You did NOT have a risk and your test result will be no different from your first one. We already know that you ARE hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Ninja1987

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 07:52:32 am »
Don't let the news and the drugs fool you. It's just as bad now as it was several years ago. It's just that you can live longer with the disease. The drugs are costly and can totally reek havoc on your finances, and your way of living. If you contract HIV, it will change the way of living that you enjoy today.

thanks for your reminding!
i know that contracting diseases is absolutely not a good thing. And I am not going to make any high risk because of the treatment getting better. But when I see some treatment news I feel really happy even I am not a patient so far, because I hate that shitty virus too mmucch( i think everyone does around the world)!!

Ninja1987

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 07:54:57 am »
Nin,

You did NOT have a risk and your test result will be no different from your first one. We already know that you ARE hiv negative.

Ann

thanks a lot ann, i know that that was not a risk for me. however, I was so reactive when something wrong with my body now...!!!
and I am going to keep the thought of symptoms away from my brain......................

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2007, 08:00:33 am »
Nin,

If you're not feeling well, don't ignore it, go see your doctor. Whatever is making you feel unwell has nothing to do with hiv, but that doesn't mean it isn't something else. See your doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 04:33:55 pm »
Nin,

I deleted the comments and question you posted in someone else's thread - please do not do that again. I need you to read and abide by the posting guidelines found in our Welcome Thread. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2007, 06:40:21 am »
Nin,

I deleted the study you posted. Why? For a start, you didn't cite it properly. There was no mention of author and you did not link back to your source. Most importantly, there was no date of publication. If that was the study I think it was, it's years old and out-of-date.

You never had a risk in the first place and you don't need to be fretting about one guy years ago in Utah.

YOU ARE HIV NEGATIVE. Keep posting over your no-risk, conclusive negative hiv test result and you'll be given a time out. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Ninja1987

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 01:58:43 am »
i am so sorry about my mistake...
i just can not control freaking out...
i just had a neg result 100 days after the suspected exposure
however i found some information in the internet that few isolated cases indicate that positive people had a negative result after window period
that kind of news really freaks me out...
if only i did not find out that damn information..
i really made crap mistakesssssssssssssssssss

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 06:28:15 am »
Nin,

I've just deleted a post you made in someone else's thread. As you've been warned about this sort of behaviour before, I'm giving you a 28 day time out.

Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.