Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:25:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: How low did your CD4s get?  (Read 21029 times)

Offline Disturbed

Re: How low did your CD4s get?
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2013, 10:41:57 am »
March 2013-1st Lab

June 2013- 2nd Lab

I was hoping for better, but oh well. 8)

Better than this?????

I was 26 in my first CD4 account in January 2012 and one a half year later I am still in 140! In 3 months you reached same level than me in 18!
Highest was 210 3 months ago but went down a little...
Jan'12 Diagnosed HIV+ CD4 26 VL 3.400.000
Dec'12 Diagnosed visceral leishmaniasis CD4 60 VL 560
May'13 Diagnosed CIDP CD4 180 VL UD
May'14 CD4 330 VL UD

Offline atripla_2013

• Diagnoised Jan 2013, start Atripla June 2013
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 04:18:26 am »

In my first year on meds, I was also taking 400 mg selenium each day.
It may have helped, my viral load was undetectable within a month on therapy (down from 300 000),
and CD4 jumped from 353 --->515 in a month, and then to >1000 in 60 days...

Dear Elf,

Can you explain more about using selenium? Who should use and how to use? Please help to provide more information as I think everyone hope to increase CD4.

Thank you all

Male, 30
Diagnoised Jan 2013
July.13: CD4: 351, VL: 85
May.13: CD4: 336, VL: 24100
Start Atripla June 2013
Aug.14: CD4: 650, VL: UD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 09:22:19 am »
Please help to provide more information as I think everyone hope to increase CD4.
sorry but your immune system is your immune system. You can do a few things like eating better, exercising more, and taking vitamins/supplements to improve your health (which is different from but is related to your immune system); but any of those things will have little to no effect on cd4 counts. I mean, if there was a real way to increase your cd4 counts don't you think your doctor would have told you and that we'd all be taking some miracle cd4 drug.  ;)

As far as your cd4 count is concerned, here are the things to remember:
a) Without knowing what your pre-HIV baseline count was, there's no way to know what "normal" is for you and no know to know how high they might go. For you, normal might be 400 or normal might be 1200. Without knowing it's silly to worry too much because...
b) if you had a low nadir, your cd4s might never recover to any "high" level
c) as long as you have over 300, you should be safe from having any hiv-related opportunistic infections.
d) CD4 counts can change by 100 pts in a single day with the highest amount in the late afternnon/early evening and the lowest amounts in the morning.
e) You should never judge things by one test but by the trend over 3 tests.
f) the only proven way to increase your cd4 count is to remain adherent to your ARVs. As long as the HIV is kept to undetectable, your immune system is able to recover to whatever level it's going to recover to.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline atripla_2013

• Diagnoised Jan 2013, start Atripla June 2013
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2013, 12:18:58 am »
Thank Mr Leatherman for your very kind advice.

Improving immune system is not an easy work that oneself can do by his own. :)

Having good food, supplements, Do Exercise, Mental health can support.

Hope to learn from all of your experiences.

Yu

Male, 30
Diagnoised Jan 2013
July.13: CD4: 351, VL: 85
May.13: CD4: 336, VL: 24100
Start Atripla June 2013
Aug.14: CD4: 650, VL: UD

Offline Peterdenmark

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2013, 03:12:02 pm »
Hi everybody

My lowest was april 2013 and diagnosed poz same time, cd 4 zero

I was hospitalized for 5. Weeks, almost lost the battle....probably to Iris and OI
Have TB, Molluscum and hairloss - hate it
But feel better now, and Im on Istetress and Truvada.

And my cd4 are now 120, not a lot, but im very happy with the progress :-)

VL is now UD :-)

Greetings to U all from litle Denmark

Peter

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2013, 04:19:52 pm »
Hi everybody

My lowest was april 2013 and diagnosed poz same time, cd 4 zero

I was hospitalized for 5. Weeks, almost lost the battle....probably to Iris and OI
Have TB, Molluscum and hairloss - hate it
But feel better now, and Im on Istetress and Truvada.

And my cd4 are now 120, not a lot, but im very happy with the progress :-)

VL is now UD :-)

Greetings to U all from litle Denmark

Peter

Welcome Peter , glad you found us !
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.