Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:59:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 239
Total: 240

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread 65: These boots were made for walking or Life Lessons...  (Read 43670 times)

Offline camille07

Re: Ladies Thread 65: These boots were made for walking or Life Lessons...
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2009, 08:01:53 am »
Hello Ladies-

Mum-  glad you made it back safely with the new puppy Ava.  I love the name.  First off, Ava will probably have a particular connection to you since she bonded with you on the ride home. I read that some time ago when I first got my pup. She sounds like a real character.  What was the kid's response?

Well, not much going on except my Uncle passed away a few days ago and today is the wake. Technically, I think he is my great uncle since he was my grandmother's brother?  But I always just thought of him as my uncle.  My sister is driving up to my house, then, we'll switch to my car which we will  have a two hour ride.  It will be good catching up with her since I don't see her very often.  I'm also glad that I'll be walking in with my sister into the funeral home.  I know that nobody likes a wake, but I get really choked up when someone I know is in pain.  So it will be difficult seeing my Aunt and his kids.  On a brighter note, he was older, 84, and lived life to the fullest.  He was literally a large presence, in the room, so much so that his hands made everyone else's seem tiny. He worked and lived in Tehran for years and skied the slopes of turkey.  He was surrounded my a large family who loved him terribly.

It's raining here today.  I hope you all have a sunny day where ever you may be.  Except, Queen, I know you probably have the same weather I have since I can see ny from my house... :-\

Hugs,

Camms
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:33:32 am by camille07 »

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2009, 08:22:39 am »
It's a beautiful sunny morning.  We've been getting so much rain in GA.  I think I may go for a walk.  I'm so worried about fitting into my dress.  My wedding is two weeks away and I feel so bloated.

Camille,  Congratulations on the new relationship!!!  :)

Mum, that's quite a long name for such a tiny dog!

Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2009, 08:34:59 am »
Hey all,

Andrea, no, nothing's happening.  I wish I could afford to get the tatts removed, but that's quite expensive, and one usually has to go back a few times before they're gone (the tatts).  I looked online about creams that could do the same thing.  I found one that's gotten some good reviews from dermatologists.  But, they're expensive as well, and it takes months before the tatt is faded.  One of my friends suggested seeing if they have prescription tatt removal cream, and if there is, asking my doc to prescribe it if my insurance covers it.  I still have to do that.

Camms, yeah, I could go on and on about Bush also.  I read the book that his former press secretary, I think his name was Scott something or other, and that really opened my eyes.  It was a good book.

Mum, love the name (it's so cute).   I can't wait to see some pics!  How'd she do in the crate last night?  Any yelping?

Sweet, I'm glad you're posting here with us. :)

Not much planned for today except cleaning.  Yesterday a friend and I went out to supper, then to a meeting (NA).  It was a good meeting.  There was a girl there, who has like 90 days clean who was crying about all the emotions she's dealing with.  It's tough, I know. Drugs numb out emotions for so long, that when they come, they're overwhelming.  And we don't really have all the tools yet to deal with all of them.  The first year being clean is very trying.  There was another guy who shared about how he used to feel in early recovery, and he said people would told him "it gets better."  He said he wondered what "it" was, and finally figured out "it" meant "him."   In other words, circumstances still happen.  It's just that we get better equipped to deal with them (I guess).                That's it for now. You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2009, 03:01:22 pm »
Hi ladies,

Mum, I love the dogs name! I hope you can find some rest after the long trip.

Welcome, Sweet C!

Betty, I'm glad that you had a good meeting and I really hope the work experience is going well for you. I think about you often.

Camms, I'm very sorry for your loss. That's great that he did have such a long life and surrounded by family.

Andrea, that's great that you found a good ID doc. I've had two and both of them were really great, which seems a little odd as I live in such a small town.

I'm doing OK. I have had visitors the past few days, so I've been trying to keep the house in order. Now that we have some breathing room, I need to clean again! Ah, well, what do I expect living in the country!? Then we will be having more guests at the end of the week that will actually be staying for a while and after that my brother and his girlfriend will come for a visit.
I'm also cramming for a math class that I'm taking. It's an online course but I have two assignments due..today! Yes, I've been slacking but I'm determined to actually finish it this time around.
We are both looking forward to a vacation that will hopefully happen in November. We still haven't decided where we're going but I have always wanted to go to Hawaii and so has my bf but he calls airplanes 'flu tubes', LOL. Where ever we decide to go, it will definitely be in the US. And when we do go somewhere, we have to board 6 dogs and have to find someone that will come and feed all the cats. It's a hassle but a break is needed for sure. Anyway, you all have a good day.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2009, 03:05:36 pm »
Just looking in, not much to say really. The finding an apartment thing is a little more complicated especially after going to the meeting..But I am still trying to keep hope alive... :-\

Yeah, Camms, it's rainy and cold here today. Little bit of drama with Papi. I don't blame him though, his daughter and her bf don't like to clean up behind themselves. So, we have been doing it and it has gotten on both of our nerves. He's been talkiing to them about it so hopefully things will change. It also putting a fire under my ass to find my own place. As my Mother use to say, "God bless the child who has his/her own". I pretty much stay out of it.

I am waiting for my benefits to kick in so I can go find some doctors. I have Medicaid, that's the red, white, and blue card. I can use that can't I til the other benefits kick in?
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2009, 03:30:44 pm »
I am waiting for my benefits to kick in so I can go find some doctors. I have Medicaid, that's the red, white, and blue card. I can use that can't I til the other benefits kick in?

Queen, I think you're talking about the Medicare card.  Yeah, you can use it.  You mean for a doctor's, right?  Medicare is good anywhere in the country.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2009, 01:22:37 am »
Hi everyone,

Sweet C - Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
Mum - What a mouthful of a name LOL. I hope little Ava lives up to it. How is she doing with the kids?
Vivyt - I'm glad you finally found a doctor you like. Don't work too hard on your homework  ;).
Camms - I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds like he lived a full and exciting life.
Betty - I'm glad you had a good meeting.

Even though I trust my family, I've been afraid to leave Lucas because of his medicine. Now that he's a little older, and getting better about taking his medicine, we thought it was time to give it a try. So, Sam and I went away this weekend. We took Lucas to my mom's house and she and my sister watched him so Sam and I could have some time alone. It's the first time we've done that since Lucas was born (3 years  :o). We stayed in Somerset, less than an hour from my mom's place.  ::) What can I say? For the first time I didn't want to be too far away in case there was a problem. Well, it was fabulous! We played mini golf, went bowling and finished up shooting pool in a bar with live music. It might not sound exciting to some, but we loved it. We also had an incredible dinner. If you are ever in Somerset, PA you need to go to Lamonica's. Wonderful food (especially the fresh pasta and bread) and the prices aren't bad. The hotel room with a Jacuzzi tub was the icing on the cake  ;).
Lucas had a great time too. He enjoyed being spoiled by Grammy and Aunt Lynn  ;). Now that things went so well, we'll have to plan for more  ;D.

Blessings to all!

Amy
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2009, 05:44:27 am »
Morning all,

Camms, I'm sorry about your uncle.  That's good that he was able to do what he wanted in life. 

Holly, I don't see how you can take a math class online.  When I was in school, I had to take algebra, and I had to meet with the teacher outside of class.  I'm not good at all in math.  If someone were to put a problem in front of me now, that I did a year ago, I probably would not know how to do it.

Amy, I'm so glad you and your hubby had a nice time by yourselves.  I used to love to play pool at this bowling alley when I was younger.  There was a jukebox, and I would always play some rock songs from bands of the day; of course, back then, it was like AC/DC, Van Halen (the original) etc.   The jaccuzi sounds really nice, and I'm glad Lucas did well. 

I believe all that's going on today is that work experience, and I'm taking back a book to the library that I'm done reading.  I don't know what I'm going to be doing with the work experience; I'm meeting the guy I work with at the bus station at 8:15.  I think he's picking up, then passing out bus passes.  I hope the work lasts for a few hours today.  The guy is going out of town tomorrow until the weekend, then next week he's going out of town, and the week after (I want his job).  Actually, this week, he's going to Louisville, KY, to learn about a new way to treat meth addicts.  I know it's difficult, and meth doesn't have a high success rate of recovery.  But, my friend who works in addictions told me they graduated 3 meth addicts.  Anyway, with him being out of town for the next 3 weeks, I'm unsure as to what I'm going to be doing.  I hope we can talk about that today.     That's it for now.  You all have a good one.  BTW, mum, I can't wait to see pics of your new baby. 

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2009, 09:29:15 pm »
Hey Ladies,

Just dropping in to let you all know im still alive. I have been basically lurking. Nothing really going on with me. I have started back to school working on my MBA. I am tired already. Last time I went to the ID. my numbers had dropped from 804 to 600+. I just got my blood drawn again last month. Hope it is better. (my cd4) well just dropping in to say Hello. Hope all is well.

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2009, 07:27:35 am »
Camlille, Sorry to hear about your uncle.  :(

Betty, I did not know that there were tattoo removal creams.  It seems like that would be easier and less painful.

Good luck on your math test, Holly!

Hi Queen, Amy and KeepingtheFaith!

Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2009, 09:25:56 am »
Camille- Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Amy- I am so glad you and your hubby were able to get away.  That was nice of your Mom and sis to watch Lucas for you, they must of all had a blast.

BT- I hope you can get some good contacts or someone can give you some good direction on where you can go from here.  There is  a need for what you enjoy doing, it can't be being realized, if they are turning people away for old records and tattoos.

Hi Keeping- You don't even want to know what my dreams were about last night :o  Hopefully, your counts were just a blip, let us know what the new numbers are.

Queen- I agree with BT, sounds like Medicare and you should be able to use it now.  Good Luck with the apartment search!

Mum- This is me chanting  ;D We want pictures, we want pictures, we want pictures.  Cute name! Please tell your hubby we said, PLEEEEEEEZZEEE! ;D

I took the kids to the big fair we have around here last night and of course, it rained.  They still had a lot of fun, there were rides, farm animals to look at and lots of good things for them to eat.  We all got soaked walking back to the car, we had to park like a 1/4 of mile from fairgrounds, the smaller ones were exhausted by the time we left, so my oldest gave one a piggy back and I put one of my shoulders and carried the other, our car has never looked so good.
 I am going to a local park at the end of the week, we the 4th grade classes, they have 2 days of outdoor classroom.  I went with my son last year when he was in 4th and thought it was great for the kids.  Should be interesting since I don't know any of the kids in that class, so I will probably saying "Hey you" a lot. :-\
Thats it for me, hope everyone has a good one!

oh, does anyone want to be friends on Facebook?
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2009, 11:29:51 am »
Heeeeeey----

I am a bit pissed off. I think my old apartment manager is trying to keep my security deposit. She has no reason to keep it, I left the place in good condition. So, I had to make a call back to Pa to speak to a district justice about suing her. Technically, she has until Thursday to get it to me but I have been corresponding with her thru emails and text messages. She even told me that she would have the money back to me before 30 days. I know legally she has 30 days but if she is going to send it, she is cutting it real close. And now all of a sudden she doesn't want to answer none of my emails or texts. I just hate when someone tries to get over or insult my intelligence.

Ugh, I am just so pissed off right now.....I'll post more later.... >:(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2009, 05:50:07 pm »
Latrice, boy it's good to hear from you.  Going back for your MBA, eh?  That's great.  I suppose you read about my conundrum with school.  Hopefully they'll have the program I want to get into accredited soon.

Sweet, yeah, the cream's expensive, though. Something like $60 per container.  And it takes months to work, but I think lasers do also.  Of course, I don't know for sure. 

Snow, I absolutely love fair food!  Myself and a friend went twice over the summer, just to eat food.   Good luck going to the park with the 4th graders.

Queen, I hope your ex-landlord returns the deposit.  I know you cleaned the apartment, you talked about having to steam clean the carpets.  It's not fair and it sucks.

Nothing happening here.  Same ol', same ol'.  My care coordinator came over today (from the ASO), and we talked for a little over 2 hours.  Mostly about life, some about the state of the ASO.  They need help, and I believe they want us, the clients, to help them.  I think we probably should, since we get the services.  I'm going to try to devise a game plan for myself.  Wish me luck.  Have a good one.           I'm waiting for pics of mum's newest addition.

Offline missy

« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2009, 09:22:07 pm »
Hi GFs
Jumpping in to say hi. Vacation was great, I needed a week away. Now its back to packing the end of October will be here before I know it and I have a lot to pack. Talk to you all latter. Mary

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2009, 06:05:24 am »
I have now tried 3 times to post pictures and it says my files are too large >:(  I don't know how to reduce them, or I would.  I even got up before dawn (5:30am) to post them.  Actually, Snow's chanting was making it impossible to sleep ;)  I'll get Hubby on it when he wakes up - hopefully he can get them sized-down.  One issue has been that Hubby put them on our classroom computer and that's where our oldest son's curriculum is.  So, basically, it's never free (except at 5am).

Anyway, this week has been insane.  Last Friday, before we left for Toledo, Hubby was playing football with some of the 12-16yr old boys at co-op.  Now, Hubby is niether 12-15 nor is he athletic.  He's an upward 40-something computer geek.  Anyway, he wound up ripping his thigh muscle.  From just below his right butt cheek to the back of his knee is black rimmed in a lovely shade of olive green.  Just below the knee is a lighter shade of black.  Because he didn't elevate it after it happened, but sat in a car for 6hrs, gravity took over and the blood is puddling.  The more he walks on it (ie driving to and walking at school), the lower it will puddle.  We were told it could take 3wks or better for everything to heal.  Thank goodness it's not hot (57F yesterday and 58F today) and he can cover it with jeans.

Tomorrow our youngest son and Mim are in a talent / beauty pageant.  Before you all faint, yes I loathe the idea of beauty pageants.  But here, it's less about beauty per se and more about the talent.  Our youngest son's group has to play musical chairs to show good sportsmenship.  In the end, everyone gets a trophy and gift bag.  So, I've been trying to get haircuts, outfits together (Mim's is borrowed and my mom bought our son's), work on Mim's "walk" (talk about a comedy routine), and still try to stay sane.

Hubby was going to miss it because of tests tomorrow.  But, he talked to his professor and they guy POSTPONED the test until Tuesday so Hubby wouldn't miss it.  Now he can be there to watch the kids! ;D  Of course, he'll still go to his morning class and his night class, so the preparations and gathering up afterwards is up to me, but I don't care.  I'm just glad he'll be there for them.

Youngest has a follow-up appointment with the hearing aide people today at 10.  After that, I'll run some errands and do the grocery shopping.  Just the 2 of us - YEAH!  I've already written out lesson plans for Hubby for the other 5. ::)  Then I have class tonight and need to get my homework done.

That's about all for now.  I best start on my homework.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2009, 01:06:05 pm »
Not a good day for me at all....I just found out that my mother, my adopted one, had died from cancer. A cousin of mine had talked to my oldest sister who in turn had her son text message me. And the kicker of it all is that she died in July. I am her youngest child, she had 5 others from a previous marriage. I had seen or spoken to my mother in about 5 years when we were getting money from my father's estate when he passed away.

I had to yellowpage her to find her number. I called and spoke to my brother Michael. Our eldest sister Kathy, who lives in Boston is the executor of my Mom's estate. Michael and I spoke for awhile and gave him my address and phone number. My mother owned her own home in a nice neighborhood so once the house sells, I guess they will split it 6 ways. According to him, my mother had no outstanding debts.

But I feel like shit. I hadn't been in contact with her in over 5 years. We had no beef. We kinda drifted a part once her and my father divorced. They still lived together up until the time he died. She was a sweet woman, used to be a social worker for over 25 years before she retired. And once again cancer takes another one from me, that makes 3.

I just feel so numb. And though I haven't mentioned it in awhile....I am about to blaze up the good green in honor of her..... :'(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2009, 05:17:25 pm »
Queen-
Sorry to hear about your Mom.  May she rest in peace.  You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Snow

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2009, 06:14:41 pm »
Thanks Snow..... I appreciate it and could sure use those prayers about now...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2009, 06:30:31 pm »
Mum - Best wishes for the talent show. I'm glad hubby will be able to watch. I hope his leg heals quick.
Betty - The band was called "Been There Done That" they played AC/DC , Van Halen, Jethro Tull, etc.  8)

Not much going on here. I mowed the lawn and cleaned the rain gutters  :P. Now I need to finish dinner. Take care everyone.

Amy
Amy

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2009, 06:31:46 pm »
Queen - I'm so sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2009, 06:22:55 am »
Queen, I'm very, very sorry for your loss.  Please take care of yourself.

Mum, hubby's torn muscle sounds really painful.  And I hope the kids have fun in the pageant. 

Amy, the bands you mentioned are the ones I used to listen to when I was a teen, and older, when I used to party heavy.  It is good party music.

I'm up early again to do that work experience.  Yesterday I was working with the lady there, and we saw quite a few people.  I don't know what's going to happen next week, because the "boss" is out of town at a training.  He's learning the newest ways of treating meth addiction.  I think that would be really interesting.  I know meth users don't have a very high success rate.  So, I'd like to know what's said at that training.  Maybe he'll pass along the info he learns.  Anyway, because he's gone, I don't know when I'm working next week. I tried to get ahold of him yesterday, but he was probably busy.   That's about it for now.  You all have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2009, 08:24:50 am »
Good Morning!

Queen- So sorry about your loss.

Mum- That sounds so painful!! I hope your hubby heals quickly. Can't wait to see your puppy!  :)

Amy- How nice that you had a weekend away. Everyone needs a break from reality once and a while.

Missy, Snow, and Sweet C- Hi!!!

Keeping- Good luck with your MBA. I definitely can relate.

Holly- Flu tubes...LOL! Go to Hawaii!!

Betty- That does sound interesting...How long do you that work experience?

Not much here. Just work, work, work. I haven't done my homework yet so I need to get that done.

Have a good day!

Andrea

Offline netta

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2009, 10:25:17 am »
HI Girlfriends!
Nothing much going on here.
Queen You are in my prayers :-*
I went to the rhematologist this week about my painful feet. The pain is bad and feels like scalding water was dropped on them. The pain changes up at times and feels like needles being stuck in them and they hurt to touch them. The doc says it is nerve damage from my hiv meds and probly nerapathy. he sugguest going to my id doctor to treat it. So I have an appointment next week, but after talking to the nurse at the id clinic, she agreed that it was nerapathy and it can't be cured, only treated with meds. After reading the side  effects of the meds used I don't think so. It is scary! the side effects are worse tha n the diagnosis!!! and effect you mentally! I'm already a mental case and don't need any help LOL. Hope I don't need a cane!
Anyway nothing I take relieves the pain, it is making me cranky!. keeping busy is the only solution, taking my mind off it, so I have been crocheting. still want to learn to knit.
Betty- I heard you say you have Nerapathy, God bless you! how do you cope???
MUM- can't wait to see you doggie pics!
I  will be checking on the puppies this weekend and take pics, they will be three weeks old. Still not sure which one I want.
My hubby went on a great job interview with Frito Lay and passed the test, so now we just wait, the job pays twice as much as he gets now, but it is only part time. Ha ! his health insurance from the job told us becasue of his diabeties he is on a 5 month hold!! yet they take out money from his check.Well thats about it.

Everyone have a blessed day.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 10:29:24 am by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline camille07

« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2009, 07:33:57 am »
Hey Good Friday ladies-

Queen-  So sorry to hear about your "adopted" mom's passing.  She sounded like a good woman.  You are definitely in my prayers.  The apartment situation sounds like it is adding its fair amount of stress.  If the landlady doesn't return your rent, doesn't it start compounding interest?

Betty-  I ordered the "Survivors" guide through Amazon the other day.  I've since received the book and I'm on chapter 2. It seems to be a book of "how to survive a catastrophic event like a plane crash, cancer etc". He uses examples of various people who overcame the worst odds like a survivor from the plane crash in the Andes....one of the soccer players who had to use cannibalism to survive.  So far so good....

Mum- Hope the hubby's leg is on the mend.  It sounds just awful and incredibly painful.  I use photoshop for reducing my image's size.  I'm not sure what you would use, but I'm guessing if you go under "accessories" in your start up menu you can open up the Paint application.  I think you can just literally open the image and go to the dialogue box "image", you can change the size of the pic.  NOW post us some puppies  :D

Netta sorry to hear about your pain.  Side affects, on the package, does sound more scary than the pain.  There is a commercial for Cymbalta that has almost an entire minute of side affects with a nice melody under the narrator's calm and peaceful voice. Do the producer's think it will make us feel better about the possibilities of coma or death.  I don't. :-\

Thank you, everyone, for your condolences regarding my uncle.

oh yeah, snow, I will contact you about facebook. 

Well, I have to run.  I have to get to the client's early today.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2009, 07:39:27 am »
Hey all,

Andrea, get that homework done, girl.  I know how much you want your master's.  This is it after this class, right?

Netta, I take Neurontin.  Some people really complain about it, but it works fine for me.  Of course, I've been on it for years, so any side effects probably went away a long time ago.

Camms, I hope you like the book.  Yeah, it's got a lot of different survivors.  Sometimes I would be reading it, and thinking "wow, how did they do that?"  I think it's because I'm such a wimp, I don't know if I would survive or not.

Today, of course, is paying bills, and doing a little shopping (grocery, nothing exciting).  Not much else going on today.  Tomorrow there's going to be this event called "Pride in the Park."  It's for all GLBT persons, and I may go with my best gay friend.  I mean, I'm bisexual, so I fit right in.  And I know the guy who's going to be doing the gay bingo.  He's an old drag queen, and can be really hilarious.   So, that's it for now.  You all have a good day.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2009, 11:35:50 am »
Morning Ladies---

I am feeling a little better, thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I haven't been crying anymore but I can't stop thinking about her. And I am still feeling some guilt. I am also stressed about the apartment situation. I am running out of time on my voucher. I put in a request for another extension. The lady here at Section 8 told me to do that if I didn't find a place by the first. But listening to how the lady at Section 8 back home sounded, I may not get one. I'm heading out today to get a new list, they post new apartments every Friday.

I did get my deposit back yesterday. I went shopping. I needed to get some jackets since it turned cooler and I didn't have any. Plus Papi's bday is coming up so I got him his present. And I still have to get presents for my son and my bff. Not doing any major spending today, trying to hold on to the majority of my check in case I do find a place.

And I do apologize for not responding to everyone. It's just lately it's been hard for me to stay focused. T.G.I.F.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2009, 08:48:42 am »
Queen, I'm hoping you find an apartment quick.  I know you want your own place.  Good luck!

I'm not going to the Pride in the Park thing.  It's going to be rainy and cold (lower 50's) all day.  I might go later wtih a friend, to do something.  Maybe out to eat and to a meeting, not sure.  And I have laundry to do.  I swear, when it starts getting colder out, I break out the winter coats immediately.  Like when it's in the 50's.  Then, the opposite happens when it gets to be spring.  When the weather, after months of snow and cold, gets into the 40's and 50's, I don't wear a coat when I go out.  Crazy, how the body works.              Anyway, you all have a good one.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #77 on: October 03, 2009, 11:39:58 am »
Hi GFs~

I'm back, have just been under the weather with a head cold.  I went to work this entire week and pushed it until Friday, when I stayed home sick.  I finally got my tenant's rent in the mail yesterday.  He paid the other half of Sept and all of Oct plus $10 extra by mistake.  So, things are caught up there.  I still need to get him a new washing machine, but he didn't mention it, so I'm not pressed just yet.

Ice is in Ocean City and Bethany Beach playing golf with the guys.  He was sick before me, had it worse than I, and his kid has been sick since mid-Sept.  She was whining at Ice yesterday on the phone before school that she didn't feel good and wanted to go into school LATE.  He made her get on the bus but ended up having to go pick her up before he left for his trip with the guys.  Something tells me its anxiety or something else, cause if you're truly sick, you don't just wanna go in LATE, you want to stay the hell home.  She has missed a lot of school, so we'll see how the report card goes.  Shes a good student, but I am ready to lock her ass out of the computers here cause all she does is take pics of herself for Facebook and text all day on her cell.  She is a good kid, don't get me wrong, but its time for her to start growing up.  A few weeks ago I told her to get off the computer bec nothing had changed in the past hour while she was in the shower.  She is hooked on FB.  Oh well, HS is awkward, so here it comes.

I am still doing really well at work and a co-worker wants me to assist them in another dept.  I'm not sure about all that.  I know I could do the work, but they would have to pay me more money.  My dept needs me, so who knows.  I told her to pitch it to her boss and we'd go from there.  "Who's BAD?"  lol  ;)

Camms~  Last night was the first night I slept OK bec Ice snores.  He snores every night and I am a light sleeper, waking up from meds and not being able to get back to sleep.  This past week while we were both sick, I slept in his daughter's bed one night and on the couch another.  Have your G try using "Mack's" earplugs.  They are wax, not foam, and although they say don't put them in your ear canal, you can moisten them a little and create a vacuum of sorts, blocking out noise.  I wear these every night with Ice.  I have been wearing them for 15 years bec I am such a light sleeper.  I take one earplug, break it in two halves, roll them into a bullet shape and stick them in my ears.  They don't block out everything, but they sure help!  I was sorry to hear of your Uncle's passing, but its good to know you found some peace in knowing he lived a good long life.

Queen~  I am so sorry about your adoptive mother.  As far as feeling awkward and guilty, don't beat yourself up over not having spoken to her in 5 years.  Our lives take different paths, and we can't be everything to everyone all of the time.  After my husband died, I lost touch with my in-laws, back in '98.  I recently connected with my former brother-in-law on facebook, bec we all went to HS together.  I haven't even asked about his parents.  I just never had the emotional energy to "worry" about them.  I am the same way with my birth father, who I hardly know.  I know that sounds selfish, but with this virus and how stressful our lives are, we have to look out for #1, and thats ourselves.  I believe that's what you might have been doing, so don't be so hard on yourself.  I was also glad to read that your tummy thing wasn't anything serious.  I ate something and couldn't "go" for three days and thought I was going to die, lol.  I finally took a Pepto pill (the kind you swallow) and I think it helped to reset my belly and everything worked out.  Yay!  So, if I'm ever backed up again, I am trying Pepto.

Betty~  Goodness I have read all about the job hunt dilemma you've been experiencing.  I agree with Snow, you'd think that you pursuing these degrees and graduating would speak volumes more than a criminal blip in your past.  People are so quick to "disqualify" others.  I say go into an interview and say that you've had the blip, like you did at Pizza Hut, but really focus on all of the GOOD things you've done to better yourself over the past few years.  I've been on here two years and you've been going to school the entire time, without fail!  I am frustrated for you, but I hope the Work Exp thru Goodwill is helping.  At least you get a change of scenery and you get a paycheck.  I am hoping that you can build these Work Exp's onto your resume and that someone somewhere will give you a FT job, not just a temp one, like Goodwill is doing.  How is the love seat working out?    :D  After my ex-BF and I broke up, he took all of the furniture back and put it into that log home that we were working on building together.  I had a rocking chair and an end-table when Ice met me.  I didn't have a couch or anything, so I've been there.

Speaking of the ex............You know a mutual friend of my ex-BFs is still in touch and she joined FB?  I saw pics of her on there posted by a woman with the same last name as my ex-BF.  Remember, he got married after knowing this woman for 3 weeks in March 2007   ???  , only 2-1/2 months after we split.  Well, anyway I look at the pics and there is this adorable baby that the mutual friend and her hubby are holding.  I see the walls of the home I help put up in the background, I see the couch they are sitting on that used to be in my TH during construction on the log home in PA.  Weird.  Gorgeous little boy, though, prob 1-1/2 yrs old, who looks just like my ex BFs mother's side of the family.   :o  Yep, so it looks like my ex BF had a kid.

Better babyproof that log home, lol.   :P  I am happy for my ex, I knew he didn't want to be with me bec of the virus.  His wife is tall and pretty, in a Cruella DeVille sort of way.   ;D  I will always think of her as a bitch.     :o  She was very rude in the background during a phonecall years ago to my ex, apparently she was either very jealous, or just judging me bec of the virus without knowing me.  Oh well.

I got my labs back yesterday and they are posted below, doing well.  My sugar A1C for the diabetes has been awful for the past year, but it dropped from 8.4 to 7.8 this time, which is a considerable drop, so I am happy.  I have also joined Weight Watchers at work, which should be starting soon, and my total cholesterol is 195, so thats good.

I need to go rest, even though I have more to post, but I will check in later.  There is a block party right outside my door tonight, so I want to rest up for that and try to be social.

Love to all~

Cindy and Cheech
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:05:07 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2009, 08:33:10 am »
Cin, these work experiences are going on the resume.    I had a rocker and end table when I moved in here also! :D  I had a few more pieces like a bed, and bookshelf.  And I love the loveseat.  So does my kitty; she thinks it's a new bed for her.         Wow, it must be hard to see some of the things you used to own.  That would be a bit surreal to me.    I hope you're feeling better.  I have an ache on the left side of my head, and my sinuses have a lot of pressure. 

I did go to that Pride in the Park thing yesterday.  I played this bingo, in which the cards were free.  There was this old drag queen (I say old, because I remember seeing her years ago) that was leading it.  At one point he asked if anyone had a wet towellette, because he had gotten some chili on his hand.  I gave him a couple, and he gave me a "prize."  When I was leaving with my best gay friend,I opened it. It was a game for a Playstation 2.  Since I don't have one, I gave it to my friend for his grandkids.  It was a good time, but it was only in the 50's here yesterday, with a wind and occasional rain, so I was freezing.   Then later on I went to supper with a friend. 

Today all I have going on is cleaning, and my brother coming over later.  I hope you all have a good one.

Offline camille07

« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2009, 09:10:16 am »
Good Morning-

Cindy-  Wow, that must have been very strange seeing your ex with a baby.  Thankfully, you're in a great relationship now which can make the rejection of the past seem, well, a thing of the past.  Though, even if you weren't, you're a smart and beautiful woman who has been through a lot over the years.  You are a real blessing to people who do love you ie, friends, furry friends, and family.  On another note, facebook is addictive to people of all ages.  Every time I login, the same people are posting 24/7 and these are people my age.  I haven't been on there as much, but in the beginning, I was guilty of gobbling up valuable time on FB too :-\.  Glad that you are recovering from the sickies and that you're results are great.

Betty-   I know, all to well, the temperature issue.  When it's 50 degrees, I act like it's 30 below.  I have thermals on with scarf.  It's ridiculous.  And when it is 30 below, I'll walk outside without a coat. ???   I'll take the hot weather any day.  I sometimes wonder when I'll move to a warmer climate, because it's inevitable.  I just want to stay close to my parents for now since they are getting older.

Mum- PUPPY...PUPPY....PUPPY PICs PLEASE!!!

What's up with the rest of you ladies?  Queen... anything new with the apartments, especially with the new postings on Friday?  Sounds like you need some peace in your kingdom.

Ladies?  Viv, Snow, Netta, Missy, #1 and anyone else... what's new with you?  What happened to Drag?

Today, I have brunch plans with G and my folks at a really beautiful place on the river.  I'm nervous, because this is the first time my parents will be seeing G since we were 21.  My parents despised him because he broke my heart as a kid.  So, I had to have a sit down, with the folks, to let them know how much he had changed and grown.  In the words of Vince Vaughn from Swingers "He's all growns up"!  I think they realize how change is possible.  My parents were strict pastors who stopped drinking and smoking when they first got involved in the church.  Now, practically 70, they chain smoke, drink on the weekends with their friends, and my dad has let his conservative hair grow past his shoulders.  My mom puts it into a pony tail everyday.  I still find it all so surreal.  But it was only one major event in their lives that changed everything.  My grandmother's demise.  They had to leave the church to take care of her in o4, hospice at home, and she was as mean as they come.  It wore my parents out.  So after she passed on Christmas, I saw the transformation begin.    

Anyway, I have to start getting things done before we head out.  Hope you all have a great day.  And no, my ilterations were not intentional :)

Hugs,  

Camms

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2009, 10:18:47 am »
Hi BT and Cams~

I know FB is addicting.  When I started on it a year ago, I was on it many times a day for the first two months, as I searched for people from my past.  I have it linked to my email now, so I get a notice if anyone contacts me on there, but otherwise, I'm usu not on it, maybe every other week.

Except for last night, lol.  I found the profile for my ex that I dated after my late husband died and started looking.  We dated 97-99 and parted ways.  The girl he met after me became his wife, which I knew of, but now he has a young boy.  I found and added his buddy to my FB and sent a few messages to the mutual long lost friend last night.  I'm sure it will get back to my ex.  I don't mind about either of these EXes of mine having moved on and getting married, having kids.  Its what they wanted.  I have no remorse against these guys, who strangely enough, have the same first  name!  LOL  Hee hee!

I never got out to the block party last night.  The DJ was so F'n loud that I was ready to go out and tell him to play some Metal if he was keeping the volume so high, and to BAG the Miley Cyrus tunes already.  I was looking forward to 9pm when the DJ was supposed to quit, so I just cranked Guitar Hero "Smashes" and played my own Metal.  You know that DJ didn't stop until 11:15pm?  Oh dear I must be getting old.  If Ice was here, I probably would've made it out there, but I am getting over a  cold and it was chilly out.  I love this weather, but trying to get better, you know?

I got my flu shot for seasonal flu on 9/25, and I'm waiting for the release of the H1N1 vaccines.  Do all of you get flu shots every year?  I have been since college.  I've been diabetic since I was 11, and communal living in college scared me into getting the shot then.

OK, I have to do laundry and clean (I guess, lol) before Ice gets home tonight.  He's playing his third round of golf over as many days as we speak.  Last year he tore a rib or something before Father's Day swinging at the range.  So far he's OK on this trip!  LOL

Oh how could I forget!  My brother is in the military and has been back and forth overseas many times already during the past six years or so!  Mom left me a message yesterday saying he is back home from his latest tour, so I am relieved, VERY relieved.

Mum~  Doggie pics!!  I can email you how to shrink the ones you have if you need help!   ;)  Its a process, so let me know.

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:22:09 am by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline missy

« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2009, 08:06:55 pm »
Hi gfs, just jumpping in. I have been so busy packing, I don't have time to get online. I am having a quick break right now because I am aching from head to toe. I move at the end of the month so I need to get things done. I don't have then lining up a the door to help so I just keep packing each day. My sister is coming for a visit next week (from CA) so we are going to NY to visit her daughter she is going to school in NY. Well got to run I have to get laundry done before I go to bed.

I will catch up when I have more time but I do want to see pics of the puppy!

Mary

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2009, 03:27:45 am »
Hi Everyone!
Not much going on. I work night shift weekends (12 hours one night 10 the next), so Sam takes care of Lucas so I can sleep. Lucas got a Thomas the Train DVD from his aunt for his birthday. In the front was a flier for other Thomas items. Well, Lucas has locked on to one of them. Sam says he's said "I want that" about every 3 seconds all weekend  ::). Sam told him maybe Santa would bring it for Christmas, but that it was a long time until Christmas. Sam also said something about it snowing before Christmas.  Now Lucas wants to have snow ball fights and go to Christmas   ;D.

Moon - Blasting Miley Cyrus, how did you keep your sanity  :o? I hope your cold clears up soon. It's about time you got your rent. I'm glad your brother is home safe.

Camms - I hope you had a nice brunch.

Queen - I'm glad you're doing better. Congrats on getting your deposit back and good luck with your search.

Mum - Puppy Pics Please.

It sounds like Lucas is having a bad dream, got to go.
Amy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2009, 05:51:07 am »
Morning all,

Camms, how did the lunch go?  I'm sure your parents will adjust to him being back in your life.   And I think it's cool you're staying there to be by your parents.  I miss mine terrible, and it would have been worse had I been a long ways away.

Cin, I'm so glad that your brother's home safely.  I know you must be relieved.  They need to quit sending people back for multiple tours of duty. One is enough.    And yes, I get a flu shot every year.  I haven't gotten one yet, but I see my doctor next Monday, so, if he still has some, I'll get one then.  And about getting old, heh, I couldn't stand listening to Miley Cyrus blaring either.  Give me AC/DC anyday.

Mary, how much more do you have to do before you're finally moved?

Amy, my grandson loves Thomas the Train also. 

Alright, first things first.  I have a job!!!  Yipee!!   It's at the church where I did my first work experience.  That was the one (I know, you all probably don't remember; I wouldn't), that feeds breakfast to the homeless, and they can take showers and wash their clothes; and they have a food pantry.  Anyway, I'll kind of be like the pastor's assistant.  I went for an interview last week.  Last night I sent an e-mail to the pastor, because my pastor, who is friends of the other one, told me at Pride in the Park she heard some really good news.  So, I couldn't stand it-I sent an e-mail to the pastor asking her about the job.  She sent one back, saying they were still deciding, and that she was a bit concerned about my computer skills.  I sent one back, telling her I can learn, and that I'm a hard worker.  So, after awhile, she sent one, giving me her phone number, and asking me to call her.  I did, and when I did, she told me I had the job.  I was, and am, so elated.  It's going to be 8-2, either Mon-Fri, or Mon-Thurs, not sure yet.  So, that'll keep me under what disability allows, which is great.  I hope I don't have a hard time with social security, but I think my doctor will tell them I'm still disabled.  He said before, that it would be a disaster if I lost it, because of my prescription costs (Medicare prescription plan pays for them at the moment).            So, I'm very happy at the moment.  I'm giving the work experience I'm doing now my week's notice.  I have to meet the lady that works there this morning in Elkhart, which is one town to the east of me (besides a snooty very small town called Granger).  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2009, 07:23:50 am »
Just passing through before leaving for my doctor's appointment and wanted to say a great big:

CONGRATS BETTY!!!!!!!  I just knew there'd be a light at the end of the job hunt tunnel!

I'll post more when I get back.  Gotta run......

mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline camille07

« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2009, 11:35:10 am »
Just a quick post!!!

Betty-  How great!!! Sounds like a rewarding job too, as opposed to, delivering pizzas to frat boys at midnight.  I've found that people that work for my church come in all kinds....punk with tatts and piercings etc, because they are not being judged by their appearance but by their attitudes and abilities.  Another thing is that their past, remains their past, which is one concept I wish would catch on into the mainstream.  Again congrats. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Brunch went incredibly well.  My folks went in with an open mind and I give them kudos for that.  They really like him and he thinks they're amazing...(I think they are too:) )  My mom has called me twice telling me what a good time they had.  It was so important to me that they like him and know what a wonderful person he has become.  I guess it's that parent approval that I needed.  I know the divorce was hard on them because of the pain it caused for me. In the end, they just want me to be happy.  Well, I can say, I am really happy.

Have a great Monday!  Let's hear some more good news from you ladies.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2009, 04:02:20 pm »

;D ;D ;D CONGRATULATIONS BETTY!!  ;D ;D ;D
Amy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2009, 05:33:40 pm »
YAY BETTY CONGRATS
I am so happy for you, Betty. I knew someone would hire you, remember I told you that. I'm gonna crack open a Mike's Hard Lemonade in your honor, lady!!!!!

I have been running around looking for apartments still. Good news is that I was given another extension. So, I have until November 14th. Most places don't accept Section 8 which is weird to me. Or the Section 8 list has places in very bad areas I wouldn't be caught dead in. I hope this week's list will be better.

Over the weekend, I got my hair braided. Ugh, 6 long hours and my head is a little sore. It was in Harlem so I took a picture of the Apollo Theater. When I am done being lazy I will make it my avatar. Still trying to get in with doctor, been waiting on them to call back, and has called them a few times.

Well, I am exhausted. Will check back later.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2009, 07:26:43 pm »
 ;D       OMG yay for Betty and Cams !      ;D

BT!!!!  You have a job!  I was praying for you, just hoping that something would come through.  What the church might not realize yet is just how MUCH you can offer by helping those in need!  As far as computer skills?  Tell them you can type a mean thread!  Hee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Cams~  I was thinking about you today, wondering how the brunch went.  You know its good when everyone has a good time, but for your mother to call you back twice and tell you?  THAT is GOOD, GF!

I am SO happy for both of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my Housing check in the mail today for October, so the month is paid in full.  Ice also brought home flowers for me to thank me for "letting" him go away to play golf this weekend.  He has been extra mushy lately, even though we've all been sick.  My 40th birthday is coming on 11/14, but before that is two years for us dating, on 11/2.  My ring finger is burning.  I can't help but wonder, but I don't dare say it.........   ::)

I went to work today on 4 hrs sleep cause Ice was snoring all night, lol.  Tonight he said he would sleep in his daughter's room so I could get some rest!  But then I'd miss him, lmao.  He is a good guy and I am psyched!

The moon is full, or close to it!  Cindy means Goddess of the Moon, and I still wear my moon charm that Ice gave me for my birthday in 2007!

It is a good night tonight.   :D

~ Cindy

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2009, 09:55:56 pm »
Yeah, BT!!! You go girl!  That is such good news! Congratulations! Do you have to notify social security that you are working?

Queen- Glad you got the extension for Sect. 8.  I am suprised that there are not more apartments available, have you tried looking on-line at all?

Camms- Glad your brunch went well for everyone.

#1- One of my 3some really liked Thomas for awhile too. I got some good pics of the train paintings that were up on the wall in the museum we went to last month, if you want them.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2009, 06:56:01 am »
Ladies, thank you so much!  You all are incredible and I love you all. :-*

Camms, I'm glad the lunch went well.  That's got to be a load off your mind.

Amy, thank you.

Queen, I really hope you find a good apartment.  I'm surprised also, that New York doesn't have more section 8 properties.  You'd think they would, with the size of the city.  I'll be rooting for you to find one that you really, really like.

Cin, wow, you think Ice is going to pop the question?  I'm going to be on pins now, waiting to hear! 

Snow, yes, I'm going to have to report to social security about the job.  I'm not really sure how that's going to go, because this benefits counselor said every office is different.  I'm going to have to get ahold of the office here, and find out what they want me to do.  I think it's a bit ridiculous, since they will already know how much I'm making (all they have to do is look on their computers).  But, whatever.  I certainly don't want to get in trouble with any government agency.

I don't know why I'm up so early.  I guess because my cat thought it was time to get up.  My computer is acting very strange.  When I type, sometimes it will freeze up, then when it goes again, the words that I've typed come on the screen.  It's really quite a pain.  It was doing this the other day.  I wish I knew how to fix it. 

I don't have to be at the job experience until 11:30 this morning.  The lady I'm working with this week, and her husband have to see a realtor this morning.  She really is a nice person, just very disorganized, and has problems with her short-term memory.  She's a recovery meth and booze addict, and I admire anyone who can overcome a meth addiction.  It seems that it's the hardest one for people to stay away from.  And it's so awful, the way it takes a person down in such a short amount of time.  I'm thankful it wasn't around in my heyday.  But, I never really did good with speed-type drugs anyway.     I guess that's it for now.  You all have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2009, 06:59:09 am »
Good morning, ladies!  Doc appointment went well.  She gave me a prescription for allergy meds that I can take with my singulair before bed.  Last night was my first dose and let me tell you that I will NOT be taking it at night again.  I've been up all night tossing and turning.  Normally meds put me to sleep (except for Nyquil and Melatonin) which is why she told me take them at night.  I'm exhausted but my body just won't relax so I can sleep.  UGGGHHHH!

About the pics, I can't figure out how to reduce them so I can post them here.  Hubby's in the middle of exams and studying every waking hour.  If someone doesn't mind PM-ing me their email address and will reduce them and post them here and in the OT thread, I'm more than happy to email them.  She's a real sweetie pie.  A total mommy's dog.

We got some rather odd news last week from my dad.  There is a farm (96 acres) that has been in his family since the 1800's.  Back when I was a little girl, my dad found out that his 3 uncles and aunt weren't paying the taxes on it and it was about to go up for sale.  So, he and my mom bought it for the cost of the back taxes.  A few year's later, he bought the mineral rights from them.  Every month or so, he goes by to check on things, clears out the "yard" around his boyhood home, cleans out the family graveyard (it has "plots" dating back over 100 years), and hikes in the woods.  Well, about a week ago, he went by and got the shock of his life.  His boyhood home had been bulldozed down and in its place was a single-wide trailor!  

He knocked on the door to find out what in the world they were doing living on his property.  He found out that they had BOUGHT it from a guy who had several plots of my parents' land for sale!!  What the heck?!?  My dad found out the guys name and gave him a call.  Needless to say the guy refused to speak to him.  So now my parents have gotten a lawyer to go after this guy and whomever from the bank did the supposed title search. My parents have a copy of the original hand-written deed to the property.  It's not like someone had to search REAL hard to find out this other shister didn't own the land.  Not to mention that the only people who have paid the taxes on it for the last 25+ years have been my parents.

What he's not sure about is what to do with the people living there.  He's not one to force a family into homelessness.  But, on the flip side, they are on his land.  He has spoken to them and is helping them to sue the guy who sold them the property.  He's hoping that they can get enough to buy, and move to, another property.  Part of the land that was part of this illegal deal was our family graveyard and the right of way to it.  

Of course he'll never get back his boyhood home.  When I was a teen, we stayed in it for 2wks while my parents repaired it.  It had no electricity or running water, but to listen to my dad talk about memories from his childhood while sitting the very spot where they happened was priceless.  I was hoping he'd be able to share that with my kids.  Now it'll never happen.  It's gone and no amount of money will get it back.

No excitement here.  Our autism lady is coming tomorrow to observe #4 in our classroom and talk to the kids.  I got the livingroom done yesterday and just need the bathroom and laundry done today.  Hubby's in school all day, kids have dance, and I'm exhausted.  Perfect ingredients for an interesting day.  Make it a good one.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline camille07

« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2009, 08:22:20 am »
Morning Ladies-

Mum-  How startling it must have been for your dad.  I mean really devastating.  All the memories taken down in a swift blow. Now another family is thrown into this tragedy.  Where do people come up with "tah tah's" to do this type of thing, and then, think they will not get caught?  Keep us posted.   When does this go to court or is this still in the preliminary stages?

Cin-  Has Ice given you some kind of clue as to this being in the near future?    Boy it is hard to believe that it was two years ago.  I swear, I remember you writing about your first date with him. A massage and candles and how nervous you were.  Or was that the second date? Now I'm thinking when did I start posting.  I know it was about 6 months after I was first diagnosed, so that means I just hit my 3 year mark of posting.  Though, I've taken long breaks in between.   I started posted under another name and .....whatever, getting distracted here...hee hee.

Betty-  Why is it that our cats seem to really have it down for getting us up?  They are very sure of themselves and demanding.  It got so bad for me that I started feeding her at night.  What I realized is that when G first arrived, she was a bit freaked.  She pooped on the bed and started acting up.  It was just once, the special bed delivery,  but I knew this had to be stopped.  I began to shower her with attention and even bought her the "laser on the chain".  It has really made a difference.  She still hasn't come up on the bed, but I think in time she will.

The big news for me is that "nasal spray" works for snorskies.  I started using nasacort right before going to bed.  I waited for at least a week before determining this as a success.  But my one man trial has deemed it as a success. :)  G says "I'm as quiet as a church mouse".  Today, after the clients, I have to go to the mall.  I have a wedding to go to on Friday and it has a theme :-\.  It's called steampunk.  I'm sure all of you are saying "what in the world".  Imagine the 1900's meets up with the future.  Kind of like the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  I am looking for a corset, with my grandmother's black lacey shawl.  And the boots, I'm looking for, are something to be determined.  I was trying hair styles the other day.  They range from hot roller curls pulled up into the back as if I was to walk into a saloon.  The other one was more punk. Two pony tails with about 15 individual braids in each bunch.  But I looked more like a dippy, roller derby chick.  This whole thing has my fashion sense in "a tail spin".  Btw- this movement originated in San Fran and seems to be making an impact on sub cultures. Still, I never heard of it.  Well, wish me well today.

Ladies, have a nice Tuesday.  Sunny here, and I hope the same goes for you.  

Hugs,

Camms
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 08:26:59 am by camille07 »

Offline #1 mom

« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2009, 09:04:51 am »
Camms - I'm glad brunch was such a success! Congratulations on finding a cure for your snoring. The wedding sounds interesting. I hope you have a great time.

Mum - I can't believe what some people will do  :o. I'm so sorry for your families loss. The graveyard wasn't disturbed was it?

Snow - I would love the pics from the museum. Thank you.

Moon - I wish the Goddess of the Moon gets her ring, and hey Amy means Goddess of Love  ;).

Not much going on here, same old same old. Cleaning, laundry, groceries  :P. Hope you all have a great day.
Amy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2009, 05:31:41 am »
Hi GFs~

Ice hasn't said anything and maybe I am just getting my hopes up, but there are plenty of "opportunities" coming up to pop the question, so I am hopeful.  I mean, I AM living with the guy and he just started diredt depositing his paychecks into my account, which I have added him to, lol.

BT, my screen does the hesitation thing while typing and then catches up.  Not all of the time, but I noticed it for the first time last weekend when I posted.  Its been OK since then.  Are you still starting the church job next week?

Camms~  I am going to buy some Nasacort for Ice ASAP and see if it works.  He was quiet last night, so I think it must have to do with his sinuses and when the pollen count is high.  LOL

Mum~  I was so surprised about your father's house.  Don't worry, that family is in a trailer and they can move it somewhere else, like you said.  Thank goodness they didn't BUILD a house on that land.  That's pretty cool that your father has the original paperwork and that the land goes back for so long in the family.

I am going to a Baltimore Ravens game this weekend, skybox, free food and all....care of Iceman's boss.  Next weekend I go see my team, the Redskins, care of my boss, so its football time for us!  I hope I don't get rained on at the Skins game, lol.

OK, have to go get ready to kick ass at work, lol!

~ Cindy
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:42:09 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2009, 05:54:40 am »
Hi all,

Mum, that is so strange about those people getting that property.  I hope they can clear out without much trouble.  What medication did your doctor give you for your allergies?

Camms, I'm glad the nasal spray is working for the snoring.  About cats..... when I was 16 I had a cat named "Mork."  I started seeing my first husband then, Oscar.  Well, of course Oscar would come over and visit.  Mork started peeing.  One time, he even backed up to my mom and sprayed.  It wasn't funny at the time, but for years afterward, we laughed. 

Cin, yeah, I'm still starting the job next week.  So, Ice's checks are going direct deposit into  your account?  That's serious.  I'm excited!!  The thing with the screen freezing while I'm typing is still happening today.  It isn't when I'm sending e-mails, only on this site.  I hope it stops it soon.

Today I'm still at the job experience job.  I really do like it.  I gave them my week's notice, so they know I'm leaving.  The boss said he would write me a reference letter, should I want one (of course I do).  I love working with addicts, but I'm sure I'll have some exposure at the church I'll be working for.  The work experience is like this..... there's a new program in the state called Access to Recovery.  If someone qualifies, it pays for their treatment, 90 days of residential housing, bus passes, stuff like that.  So, I've been going along, seeing people already on the progarm, and seeing if people qualify.  The other day we went into the work release in the county to the east (Elkhart County).  That was interesting.  We saw a couple women there.  I had a good talk with one of them.              So, today I'm going to meet the lady again in Elkhart, and she said we'll be working until about 5:30 p.m., and I have to meet her at 8:30 this morning.  Which is fine, I like money. ;)  (I get paid by the hour for this through Goodwill).
That's about it.  You all have a good day.

Offline netta

« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2009, 01:35:45 pm »
HI gf's , Sunday was the aniversary of my godson/nephews murder one year ago,so I have been down in the dumps,but feeling better now.
Went to the Id clinic yesterday and they gave me two new meds for my hiv cocktail. they took me off zerit and viread because of the p-neuropathy and gave me  a med for it.Betty it is thesame one you and my dh are taking! they gave me the lowest dose.
Hopefully I won't have any side effects. Got to get the new meds today and name them for you, they are brand new and just came out on the hiv drug market. The  doc told me this is my last regement of meds because I have a resistance to everything else, whop d do! is tha suppose to scare me! lol
Anyhow,I also got my flu shot, phnemonia shot and tb test. I was sick last nite, but feeling better.
My dh did not get the job at frito lay and was a little depressed, He knows its from being honest about his past record,and you have to tell the truth,cause they do background checks.
Well I also lost 3 more lbs , but i am eating like crazy!
I weigh 134lbs, from 156 last year,no one is worried at the clinic because, I am OVER, my normal weight for my 5'2 frame.
Well 3 or the 7 puppies have died! yes my daughters gf has them in the house,after they were exposed tpo the elements when they were first born, Ihope the others make it. Anyhow I am determined to get a shistu puppy if I have to wait till income tax time, the least expesive run 250.00 to 350.00.
I can't wait for my puppy. if these make it I will get one, but I want a healthy dog, so thats my main concern, they get there shots at six weeks they are now 3 weeks.
Hope all is well!
betty congrats on the new job
Camm- congrats on thenew man
Queen, try to find some income based apartments if you don't find section eight ones, they have more of these in ny.
"to thine own self be true"

Offline HollyStar

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2009, 04:01:48 pm »
Hi ladies,

Congrats Betty!!! Woohoo!!! You must be so relieved and excited. I'm very happy for you.

Mum, that story about the property is outrageous! I hope that they sue the heck out of the people who did this. I hope you are feeling better.

Netta, I hope that the new meds work well for you and I am very sorry about your nephew.

Queen, good luck on finding a place and thank goodness for the extension.

Sorry for not responding to everyone. I did read all the posts but I can't remember everything right now. I haven't been posting for almost a week as we have had a guest. It was a nice visit but we are very private people and having to be "on" all the time can be exhausting! I've been fine until the guest finally left, now I'm just dog tired. Other than that, things are good. It's been pretty cool here and have even had to bust out the sweaters. Anyway, you all have a good one.
Diagnosed  July 28th 2003

'I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I just lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well.' -Diande Ackerman

'Why not go out on a limb? Isn't that where the fruit is?' -Frank Scully

'If your ship doesn't come, swim out to it.' - Jonathan Winters

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2009, 09:54:26 pm »
I've kinda been lurking, just been feeling tired but had been running the last few days so I guess it is catching up with me. Did grocery shopping and now I feel wiped out. Tomorrow is officially sit on my ass and do nothing day... ;D Papi called some Jewish hospital, can't remember the name about now, so I am scheduled to see them on the 19th of November. And I guess through the HIV doc, I can network through the hospital for my other doctors.

Netta---Most of the ones I have seen either doesn't accept section 8 or are HUD housing. Sorry to hear about the pups dying. Do they know what caused this? I would want some answers before taking a pup from them.

Cindy---Wow, 2 years with Ice already. And not a surprised he lets you handle the money, he knows what a whiz you are with numbers. I know the extra income is really coming in handy for you. I think about you when I am watching football on Sundays. And he'll pop the question when you least expect and in the most romantic way too....And your ass will start bawling and say YES!!! Make sure you have plenty of tissues is all.... ;)

Have a good night.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline vivyt

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2009, 11:10:34 pm »
Hi everyone!

Betty-CONGRATULATIONS! I knew you would find something.

Cindy- Wow! 2 years! It seems just like last week when you started dating him. I am glad you are happy.

Mum- That is crazy about your dad's property. It sounds like a movie. I too am eagerly waiting for a picture of the puppy... ;D

Queen- Good luck finding an apartment.

Cams- That themed wedding sounds interesting...share some pictures after you go.

Well nothing much here with me. I have just been going to work and school.  :'( I won't be relaxed until December when I am done.

Have a good night!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.