Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:18:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 228
Total: 228

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread 65: These boots were made for walking or Life Lessons...  (Read 43673 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Ladies Thread 65: These boots were made for walking or Life Lessons...
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2009, 07:28:23 am »
Morning all,

Netta, so you're able to eat more now?  I remember before you said it would take you like all day to eat a hammburger.  And about those puppies, I wonder if it was parvo.  That happens to a lot of puppies who are exposed to the elements.  I hope you get a healthy one if you get one from that woman.  I agree with Queen, I would want to know what killed the other ones.

Holly, Monday here it's only supposed to be 42, so I sympathize with you.

Queen, I hope you like your new HIV doc.  Sounds good that you'll be able to network with other doctors there.  I'm really hoping you find a place soon. 

Andrea, you must be exhausted.  Hang in there, December is only a couple months away.

The cursor keeps freezing.  It's been happening for 3 days.  A friend of mine says hers does that when she opens up mail that has a virus in it.  Well, my computer's been doing this for a couple years on and off.  But it usually goes away after a couple days. 

Yesterday I left at 7:30 a.m., and didn't get home until 5:45 p.m.  I was pretty tired when I first got home.  I worked with the lady who does the Access to Recovery stuff for this area.  We went to a homeless mission, the county jail (in Elkhart county), to another city to see this girl, and then I did some data entry for the lady.  The girl we went to see has a really screwed up story.  Both her daughters have been taken away, and with the youngest, her parental rights have been terminated.  She lost the youngest one because of alleged sexual abuse.  Yeah, messed up.  And now,she's pregnant again.  3 months.  Her boyfriend lives with her, and she said the pregnancy was planned.  She's very slow, and gets a disability check because of it.  It's a pretty sad situation, and I can't imagine the upcoming baby is going to have a very good life.

Today I have to meet the lady at 10:30, and I'll probably only work for 4 hours.  Tomorrow I'm taking my car to get fixed.  I probably mentioned this, but my car is scraping when I drive it.  It's either the wheel bearings, or the brakes.  I hope it doesn't wipe out my money.  I'm taking it to a friend's friend, who is a mechanic, and built a garage on his property.  So, I'm hoping he'll give me a discount.  I'm always nervous about getting this car repaired, because of it costing so much with all the other repairs I've had to get done to it.  The last time, the garage called and told me it was going to cost over $2000 (yes, two thousand).  So far, I've put almost four thousand into the car.  Heck, I could've gotten a car for seven thousand, between the repairs and what I paid for it.  It's just unnerving is all.         That's about it for me.  You all have a good one.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2009, 08:28:20 am »
First off, I want to thank Camms for posting pics of our sweet baby over in the OT forum.  YOU ROCK!!

About my parents' property: After talking to an attorney on Tuesday and spending all day researching the title himself just to see how hard it would be, my dad found out that 1: No title search was done on the property since my parents bought it 24 years ago, and 2: it's not that hard to find out who owns the land.  Now they have to wait 6mths for the guy who sold the land to make satisfactory restitution.  If nothing is done in 6mths, then my parents have to file an injunction on him and the sale and the guy will have to prove the land is his - which he can't.  That part will have to be done in court.  The guy who bought the land feels horrible.  It's not his fault, though, he had no idea.  When he found out, he removed the trailor back to his original property and halted the other construnction work he had scheduled.  He thanked my dad for personally coming and telling him so he wasn't out any more money.  He is also prepared to file a lawsuit if satisfactory restitution isn't made to him in 6mths as well.

All the guy has to say about illegally selling the property: "I wondered why I never had to pay taxes on the land."  The idiocricy of some people is just danged frightening.

Betty: doc put me on Allegra-D for allergies.  She said to take it at night because it'll make me sleepy.  Well, it kept me up all stinkin' night long.  So yesterday I took it in the morning and by 1 I had to lay down for a nap - slept 2 1/2 hours!  I just can't win.

Cindy, how exciting!  If you need someone to go over and have a talk with Ice, I'll send Hubby ;)  Or you can do what I did and buy your own ring (with his credit card), and then hand him a cataloge and tell him you need help picking out the wedding invitations.  Worked for Hubby ;D

Nothing much going on today.  I'm hoping to be able to color my hair.  My gray roots are getting pretty long.  Can't hide them anymore.  Hubby has school all day and the weather is lousy.  Kids and I may take a ride into town to the fabric store and walk around the mall.  I'll use it as a bribe for them to get their work done for school and not fool around.  May even rent a movie.  Washer just beeped - time to switch it out.  I'm trying to change seasonal clothing and it always takes me forever.  But, with 3 closets for 8 people, I just don't have the room to keep all their clothes all the time.

You all make it a good one!!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline minismom

« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2009, 08:32:32 am »
Forgot to add:

Netta, I would require at least a 48 if not a 72 hour health guaruntee.  That will give you enough time to take the puppy to the vet and have it checked out.  If something is hinky, you'll be able to return it and get your money back.  I'd also require all vet records and health check records be faxed to your vet before you even pick it up.  Anyone legitimate, especially someone who has pedigree dogs, will have no problem giving you that information.

Queen, how's the apartment hunting?  I'd think in NY, it wouldn't be that difficult.  Shows you how much I know. ;)

Make it a good one, ladies!
Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline camille07

« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2009, 09:26:56 am »
Ok- Mum, Ava is just sooo pretty.  She looks like she has piggy tails for ears.  How is she doing as far as the training?

I need some advice of a particular Christmas present.  I usually shop two weeks prior, unless, I'm making something, so this is really uncommon for me.  I wanted to buy G something really special.  I narrowed it down to two things.  He lived in San Fran for 15 years.  I know he misses a couple, which he is the God father to their daughter, and I want to buy him a round trip to go out and visit them.    The other was a seminar for adobe, which is something he is really interested in, as far as computers.

Well, have to cut this short, unexpectedly.  Will continue this post later.

Hugs,

Camms

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2009, 09:43:09 am »
I was actually just browsing through, but Camms, I had to tell you my opinion.  People are so much more important than other things-even an Adobe seminar.  So, I vote for the round trip.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline minismom

« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2009, 10:52:04 am »
I vote for round trip ticket - just make sure that the other couple is OK with the dates that you pick (and that G can take off of work to go).  Another option would be to get G and the couple a web camera so that they can talk and see each other as often as they want.  It would be great if you could get it to the other couple before Christmas so on Christmas morning you could suprise G with a special web talk with them.

Ava is doing really good training.  She's having to learn she's not "top dog".  She and our youngest daughter have a love / hate thing going on, but they both have to learn to get along.  She had no accidents the first week, then suddenly took to pooping in the house.  Now if she doesn't poop in the morning, she goes in her "cage" until she does.  So far today, no accidents.

Gotta run - kids await!
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2009, 11:08:12 am »
Hey Hey Hey----

Let me put my vote in before I forget. I would go with the trip too. I am sure he will love it. What's better than making memories, right? And the wedding thing sounds kinf of out there. Is that some form of punk? Give G the adobe thing for his birthday or one of those just because moments. LOL, I feel like a card commercial or something. But it figures, I have been sending my son cards like crazy. Just sent him a birthday card, his birthday is on Saturday.

Yeah, I didn't think it was going to be this hard finding a place either. It never was back home, the landlords jumped for Section 8. Here it is like landlords don't want to be bothered because heaven forbid, they might just have to fix something...
::)
... But I haven't given up hope. Worse case scenario, I lose my Section 8 but get on housing. I would get that faster because I am considered homeless though I live with Papi. At least I have a little time left...

Netta, hmmm, I don't know, something seems hinky about the pup situation. And Betty mentioned the Parvo, that could be it too. I am curious to what they are going to tell you when you ask. If they try to give you some bs I wouldn't do it. I'd go with what Mum said.

Well, I am going to go check out the rest of the forums...Have a good one.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2009, 07:58:05 pm »
Hi GFs~

Its TV night and I am beat, still under the weather.  Mum, I resized the pics just now before I got into the threads.  Ava is a cutie!  I wish my straight hair had that much lift!

Kudos to you, Betty, for helping out those people in need.

Camms, I vote for the trip, definitely!  :)

More soon!

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline vivyt

« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2009, 11:42:58 pm »
Just checking in!

Camms- I concur...round trip ticket. Much more meaningful.

Have a good night everyone!  ;D

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2009, 06:58:54 am »
Please post all further replies in thread #66.  Consider this one closed.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.